In America, why are Asian-Americans so much more successful than African-Americans?

So I guess welfare is poverty insurance?
Wrong guess, kid. Welfare does not require previous payments into the welfare system, insurance does.
Indirect payments through taxes. Same difference.

Payments for what????

Democrat votes?

. "The government’s own statistics show that people who are said to be “living in poverty” spend more than $1.50 for each dollar of income they claim." http://theghostfighters.wordpress.c...ding-ovation-the-faculty-were-deathly-silent/

As I stated, there is no real poverty in America.....it is a chimera designed to envelop dopes like you.

"The Census Bureau has estimated the nation's annual poverty rate since 1963 using data from the Bureau's Current Population Survey (CPS) conducted in March of each year. Census deems a household "poor" if annual income falls below specified income thresholds. There are two problems with this methodology. First, the Current Population Survey dramatically undercounts household economic resources. Second, the fact that household income falls below a specific level reveals little about the nature of material deprivation within the household.

This paper will take an alternative approach to assessing poverty: examining the material living conditions of low-income Americans. Using data from various government surveys this paper examines ownership of property and consumer durables; housing space, and housing conditions; food and nutrient consumption; and the height, thinness and obesity of low-income persons. Finally, we attempt an overall assessment of material deprivation based on material living conditions.

Today the typical American, defined as poor by the government, has a refrigerator, a stove, a clothes washer, a car, air conditioning, a VCR, a microwave, a stereo, and a color TV. He is able to obtain medical care and his home is in good repair and is not over-crowded. By his own report, his family is not hungry and in the last year he had sufficient funds to meet his essential needs. While this individual's life is not opulent, it is equally far from the popular images of poverty conveyed by politicians, the press, and activists."
The Heritage Foundation

Now jot this down so you never forget it: I am never wrong.

IF SS was an insurance plan,
Please point out where I said SS was an insurance plan. I said, if you read my post, I said it was a savings account, which is more accurate than not. It could be compared to a health savings account in that you could lose it all if you die before you use it.

However, once LBJ put his signature to his "Great Society" programs, their fate was set for a catastrophic future.
In all fairness, that shit program has ruined many white people as well. Nothing breeds unambitious failures like an official government program that subsidizes them.

Yes I agree, anyone who looks to the government for social programs has their motivation and self pride ripped away.
Does that apply to unemployment insurance, medicare, and social security?
It's the system weve been given and we paid into it through our working lives, so it is wise to use the resources we have
Do they rip away your motivation and self pride?
The misconception you have is that these programs that you listed are social programs--they are not. They are insurance policies (in the cases of unemployment, disability and medicare) and SS is a savings account that we paid into during our employment. Your auto insurance is not a social program.
You don't pay premiums into a welfare fund, dumbass. Quit being an obtuse troll.
Premiums, taxes, call it whatever you prefer.
I can't have a discussion with a moron

IF SS was an insurance plan,
Please point out where I said SS was an insurance plan. I said, if you read my post, I said it was a savings account, which is more accurate than not. It could be compared to a health savings account in that you could lose it all if you die before you use it.

Here is your statement. Which is it? An insurance plan or a savings account? Neither, they are both a Ponzi Scheme.

Concerned American:
"The misconception you have is that these programs that you listed are social programs--they are not. They are insurance policies (in the cases of unemployment, disability and medicare) and SS is a savings account that we paid into during our employment. Your auto insurance is not a social program."

Ponzi scheme
[ˈpänzē ˌskēm]

NOUN
  1. a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors.

Last edited:
However, once LBJ put his signature to his "Great Society" programs, their fate was set for a catastrophic future.
In all fairness, that shit program has ruined many white people as well. Nothing breeds unambitious failures like an official government program that subsidizes them.

Yes I agree, anyone who looks to the government for social programs has their motivation and self pride ripped away.
It's the system weve been given and we paid into it through our working lives, so it is wise to use the resources we have
The misconception you have is that these programs that you listed are social programs--they are not. They are insurance policies (in the cases of unemployment, disability and medicare) and SS is a savings account that we paid into during our employment. Your auto insurance is not a social program.

From Peter Ferrara, “America’s Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb,” chapter five.

1. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Such should be the epitaph of Liberalism.
  2. ‘Welfare’ as a wholly owned subsidiary of the government, and its main result is the incentivizing of a disrespect for oneself, and for the entity that provides the welfare. As more folks in a poor neighborhood languish with little or no work, entire local culture begins to change: daily work is no longer the expected social norm. Extended periods of hanging around the neighborhood, neither working nor going to school becoming more and more socially acceptable.
    1. Since productive activity not making any economic sense because of the work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.

If you ever read a book....

View attachment 486742
I think you and your libertarian friend have it backwards. It is usually not laziness that prevents people from working, it is the lack of decent jobs. Sure there are plenty of openings at retail stores but previous generations could earn a middle class income with barely a high school education. Unions assured them a safe, secure life. Unfortunately the unions that built this country became corrupt and America, in its infinite wisdom, threw out the baby with the bathwater in the name of productivity. We succeeded there and we're among the most productive workforces on the planet. Unfortunately that means fewer workers are needed and those few require more education.

You don't pay premiums into a welfare fund, dumbass. Quit being an obtuse troll.
Why? I do it all the time.

1. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Such should be the epitaph of Liberalism.
  2. ‘Welfare’ as a wholly owned subsidiary of the government, and its main result is the incentivizing of a disrespect for oneself, and for the entity that provides the welfare. As more folks in a poor neighborhood languish with little or no work, entire local culture begins to change: daily work is no longer the expected social norm. Extended periods of hanging around the neighborhood, neither working nor going to school becoming more and more socially acceptable.
    1. Since productive activity not making any economic sense because of the work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.

View attachment 486742
I think you and your libertarian friend have it backwards. It is usually not laziness that prevents people from working, it is the lack of decent jobs. Sure there are plenty of openings at retail stores but previous generations could earn a middle class income with barely a high school education. Unions assured them a safe, secure life. Unfortunately the unions that built this country became corrupt and America, in its infinite wisdom, threw out the baby with the bathwater in the name of productivity. We succeeded there and we're among the most productive workforces on the planet. Unfortunately that means fewer workers are needed and those few require more education.

Large%20minimum%20wage-S.jpg

Why? I do it all the time.
Do you have discussions with the mirror?

View attachment 486742

Large%20minimum%20wage-S.jpg
Because the country would be better off?

Culture is the correct answer.

The Asian culture is one of succeeding without the need of aid from Whity or the left.

First is a cultural trait that has become a cliché in the model-minority discussion: a zealous focus on education. .... education for the next generation is close to a religion..... One recent college graduate, now a public school math teacher, told me that his mother would wake him at 5 AM to go over math problems—when he was in the first and second grade. ..
.... one kindergartner’s mother said, in faltering English: “My son must go Harvard.”

No matter how poor they are, parents find a way to get their fourth- or fifth-graders into test-prep classes. WNYC found one Sunset Park family who put aside $5,000 for classes for their three sons out of a yearly household income of just $26,000.
Brooklyn's Chinese Pioneers by Kay S. Hymowitz, City Journal Spring 2014
Thank you. Proof that if your culture is one of success, ways to succeed will be found.

recreational sex
Careful now, you've gone from preachin' to meddlin' LOL. Some of the best sex I've ever had has been for recreational purposes.

Did you have a job?

Then you aren't part of that discussion.
I know--I was attempting to interject a little humor--hence the LOL
Are you hitting on My secret forum crush?

Oops...
And I thought we were exclusive. LOL

These numbnuts think taxation is a welfare insurance premium. Of course, adults know premiums are much larger for those who make constant claims, but welfare recipients pay the least amount into the system, if anything at all.

These numbnuts think taxation is a welfare insurance premium. Of course, adults know premiums are much larger for those who make constant claims, but welfare recipients pay the least amount into the system, if anything at all.
This numbnut knows that if your health insurance premiums are much larger if you make constant claims, you don't have health insurance, you have to a health savings plan.

SS is a savings account that we paid into during our employment.
Having a problem with reading comprehension, eh?

Proud of yourself for your editing skills? Even you know I did not make that statement, that was all you.

Why lie? That's something a middle schooler would do. Ohhhh...riiiiggghhht.
I didn't lie. I copied and pasted what I posted--READ. It isn't that difficult. BTW, that copy and paste came from YOUR copy and paste of my post. Geez, guy, I usually agree with you 100%, but you seem to have gone off your meds today.

They are taught personal responsibility at an early age and Asians are not just successful in America--they are successful worldwide
I think that many people in say India or Bangladesh or the Philippines would disagree.
So you are saying that there are no intelligent, successful, educated Indian, Philipino or Bangladeshi people? Gee, how totally racist of you. And WRONG!
Of course there are. But somehow they are unable to build prosperous societies on their own.

Forum List

Back