In America, why are Asian-Americans so much more successful than African-Americans?

People who adhere to the traditional American values of individual responsibility, excellence in education, strong work ethic, marriage and two-parent child-rearing are generally more successful than those who don't....regardless of ethnicity.

However, once LBJ put his signature to his "Great Society" programs, their fate was set for a catastrophic future.
In all fairness, that shit program has ruined many white people as well. Nothing breeds unambitious failures like an official government program that subsidizes them.

Yes I agree, anyone who looks to the government for social programs has their motivation and self pride ripped away.
Does that apply to unemployment insurance, medicare, and social security?
It's the system weve been given and we paid into it through our working lives, so it is wise to use the resources we have
Do they rip away your motivation and self pride?
The misconception you have is that these programs that you listed are social programs--they are not. They are insurance policies (in the cases of unemployment, disability and medicare) and SS is a savings account that we paid into during our employment. Your auto insurance is not a social program.
So I guess welfare is poverty insurance?
It is clear for all to see that you are NOT Asian. Please stop hijacking this thread.

They are taught personal responsibility at an early age and Asians are not just successful in America--they are successful worldwide
I think that many people in say India or Bangladesh or the Philippines would disagree.
So you are saying that there are no intelligent, successful, educated Indian, Philipino or Bangladeshi people? Gee, how totally racist of you. And WRONG!

In my opinion, it's this:

% of children living in a one-parent household:

Asian - 13%

White - 24%

Hispanic - 36%

Black - 58%

It's no surprise Asian-Americans have the highest standard of living in the U.S.

And just think, one of BLM's cornerstones of their platform is an anti-nuclear family concept.

About one-third of U.S. children are living with an unmarried parent | Pew Research Center
They have strong family bonds and a work ethic that says if you work hard you will succeed.

If a slave worked hard he was never going to succeed so why bother and it never became part of their culture.

Black families have traditionally been torn apart by forces that were often beyond their control. First by slavery then by a society that refused to let them succeed. Then by emigration. Then by a welfare culture.
So how do you explain the millions of successful black people in America today. They did not let some injustice of 60, 75 or 150 years ago define them. They persevered, studied and raised themselves out of circumstances they did not like. Some of these racist black people who refuse to move on remind me of a bucket of crawdads--when one tries to crawl out of the bucket--the others grab him pull him back into the bucket.

In my opinion, it's this:

% of children living in a one-parent household:

Asian - 13%

White - 24%

Hispanic - 36%

Black - 58%

It's no surprise Asian-Americans have the highest standard of living in the U.S.

And just think, one of BLM's cornerstones of their platform is an anti-nuclear family concept.

About one-third of U.S. children are living with an unmarried parent | Pew Research Center
They have strong family bonds and a work ethic that says if you work hard you will succeed.

If a slave worked hard he was never going to succeed so why bother and it never became part of their culture.

Black families have traditionally been torn apart by forces that were often beyond their control. First by slavery then by a society that refused to let them succeed. Then by emigration. Then by a welfare culture.

Had the black family kept plugging away, they would be very successful today.
However, once LBJ put his signature to his "Great Society" programs, their fate was set for a catastrophic future.
There are a lot of ways that history could have been different.
  1. No Jim Crow laws
  2. No Black Wall Street Massacre
  3. No Red Lining
  4. No mass incarceration of young Blacks
you forgot no democrat party
I didn't forget, I remembered it was Dem presidents who integrated the US military and made racial discrimination illegal.

Oops...!

Republican%20Civil%20Rights%20Accomplishments-L.jpg
Good historical summary but why does it stop in 1965? Hasn't the GOP done anything for Civil Rights since then?

Why thank you, thank you very much. I appreciate your curiosity but do wonder why you don't already know those things. I'll help.

Published December 21, 2018
Trump signs criminal justice reform bill
Adam ShawBy Adam Shaw, Judson Berger | Fox News Channel

But on the sidelines of that fight, the House overwhelmingly approved the criminal justice bill Thursday on a 358-36 vote, after the Senate passed it 87-12. The decisive passage marks a win for Trump as well as his senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner, who advocated for the bill in the face of some conservative resistance.

https://www.foxnews.com/.../trump-signs-criminal-justice...

###

The Unemployment Rate Does Not Signal A Recession
Update - October 4, 2019
Oct. 4, 2019 10:29 AM ET

|The Unemployment Rate Does Not Signal A Recession: Update - October 4, 2019 | Seeking Alpha

###

Steve Moore: Middle-class Incomes Surge More Than $5,000 Under Trump Economy
BY PETER VICENZI
10/07/2019

Steve Moore: Middle-class Incomes Surge More Than $5,000 Under Trump Economy | FreedomWorks

###

Younger and Minority Workers Lead Wage Gains as Expansion Ages
Oct. 17, 2019, 8:59 AM

A tightening labor market with U.S. unemployment rate at a 50-year low is starting to result in higher wages for full-time workers, including younger people and minorities whose pay has lagged.

Median weekly earnings for Americans in the third quarter rose 3.6% to $919, outpacing inflation, the U.S. Labor Department reported Wednesday. Earnings for those aged 25 to 54, in their prime working years, rose by 5%, the fastest rate of growth in recent years.

Younger and Minority Workers Lead Wage Gains as Expansion Ages

###

ECONOMY
Record-low black unemployment cheered by black activists

Published 1 month ago on September 9, 2019

[...]

“Love him or hate him, this is an incredible economic accomplishment for the President and a tremendous benefit for American blacks,” said Project 21 member Derryck Green.

Along with a reported third straight month of 3.7 percent overall unemployment, the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) August jobs report noted that the overall black unemployment rate fell half-a-percent to 5.5 percent. This is the lowest black unemployment rate ever recorded. BLS began reporting employment statistics by race in 1972. And with overall white unemployment at 3.4 percent, it is also the smallest reported gap between the races ever in terms of joblessness. Until recently, the racial employment disparity between blacks and whites has generally held to a 2-1 margin.

Record-low black unemployment cheered by black activists

###

Help wanted: Too many jobs and not enough workers in most states
Tim Henderson, Stateline Published 8:00 a.m. CT Oct. 15, 2019 | Updated 7:10 p.m. CT Oct. 15, 2019

In 39 states, there are more jobs than people looking for them, according to a Stateline analysis of June hiring and employment data from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Help wanted: Too many jobs and not enough workers in most states

###

America Created 266,000 Jobs in November
JOHN CARNEY 6 Dec 2019

The imaginary recession of 2019 is over.

The U.S. economy added 266,000 jobs for the month and the unemployment rate fell to 3.5 percent, matching the lowest level in 50 years.

Economists had expected the economy to add 180,000 jobs and for unemployment to remain unchanged at 3.6 percent, according to Econoday.

Adding to the picture of strength for the labor market, previous jobs numbers were revised up. September’s figure was revised up by 13,000 to 193,000. October was revised up by 28,000 to 156,000. Together, that adds 41,000 more jobs than previously reported.

[...]

Average hourly wages are up 3.14 percent compared with last year, above economist expectations. In manufacturing, the average workweek increased by 0.1 hour to 40.5 hours. Average hourly ages of private-sector production and nonsupervisory employees rose by 7 cents in the month to $23.83, a 0.22 percent gain.

[...]

America Created 266,000 Jobs in November

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...economy-added-jobs-jobless-rate-fell-percent/

Wall Street soars after economy added robust 266,000 jobs in November

###

2 exports to China would increase to over $260 billion in 2020, and roughly $310 billion in 2021 if the deal holds

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...-buy-dollar200-billion-in-us-goods/ar-BBZ17m3

###

More MAGA Winning: Gallup Poll Has NEVER Recorded This Level Of Economic Optimism
Written by K. Walker on February 6, 2020

[...]

Americans feel better about their personal financial situation than they did under Obama, Clinton, or even Reagan. This year-to-year number has been rising since 2018 and has hit a 44-year record high according to Gallup’s “Mood of the Nation” economic survey. Gallup reports that 59% of Americans — nearly six in 10 — say that they are better off financially than they were a year ago, which is up from 50% last year.

[...]

There has also been a sharp decline in the percentage of people who say that they are financially worse off than a year ago. Only 20% of Americans are stating that as their financial reality, and that is a record low.

[...]

More MAGA Winning: Gallup Poll Has NEVER Recorded This Level Of Economic Optimism

###

ECONOMY
Job growth smashes expectations for February as unemployment falls back to 3.5%

PUBLISHED FRI, MAR 6 2020 8:30 AM EST UPDATED 5 HOURS AGO
KEY POINTS

Nonfarm payrolls rose by 273,000 in February vs. a 175,000 estimate, while the unemployment rate edged lower to 3.5%.

Job gains were widespread, with health care adding 57,000 to lead the way.

December and January’s estimates were revised upward by a total of 243,000.

Job growth smashes expectations for February as unemployment falls back to 3.5%

More?

In all fairness, that shit program has ruined many white people as well. Nothing breeds unambitious failures like an official government program that subsidizes them.

Yes I agree, anyone who looks to the government for social programs has their motivation and self pride ripped away.
It's the system weve been given and we paid into it through our working lives, so it is wise to use the resources we have
The misconception you have is that these programs that you listed are social programs--they are not. They are insurance policies (in the cases of unemployment, disability and medicare) and SS is a savings account that we paid into during our employment. Your auto insurance is not a social program.
You don't pay premiums into a welfare fund, dumbass. Quit being an obtuse troll.

Wait?

You want that one to stop being a Democrat??????????

From Peter Ferrara, “America’s Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb,” chapter five.

1. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Such should be the epitaph of Liberalism.
  2. ‘Welfare’ as a wholly owned subsidiary of the government, and its main result is the incentivizing of a disrespect for oneself, and for the entity that provides the welfare. As more folks in a poor neighborhood languish with little or no work, entire local culture begins to change: daily work is no longer the expected social norm. Extended periods of hanging around the neighborhood, neither working nor going to school becoming more and more socially acceptable.
    1. Since productive activity not making any economic sense because of the work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.

If you ever read a book....

1620077022203.png

You don't pay premiums into a welfare fund, dumbass. Quit being an obtuse troll.

Wait?

You want that one to stop being a Democrat??????????
Silly me!

Asians don't blame whitey for their failures.
Exactly. Playing the victim card gives the player an excuse for failure. It feels good and people believe you so there is no reason to keep trying.

Social Security most certainly is NOT an insurance plan. It is the world's largest Ponzi scheme. Both Social Security and Medicare already have massive unfunded liabilities.

IF SS was an insurance plan, if I died at 68, my heirs would get the balance remaining in the account including the accrued interest. As it is, I may have paid in over half a million dollars over 60 years including reasonable interest.

Here is our unfunded liability for SS and Medicare today.

2021-05-03%20SS%20and%20Medicare-XL.jpg

We haven't had slavery in this country in over 150 years. We haven't had legalized segregation and discrimination in almost 60. The time for excuses passed a long time ago.
Redlining only became illegal in 1977. So how many generations are enough for a people to recover?

Premiums, taxes, call it whatever you prefer.

Forum List

Back