In only 10% of counties in the US can a worker afford a 2 bedroom apartment working 40 hours a week

As I said, corporations in the US were making record setting profits before the tax cuts...thus they were exceeding their budgets.

Not if the budget called for the record profit? If my budget calls for $100 in profit and last year I hit $95, which was a record and this year I achieve $115 because of the tax cuts then I can take $7 of the $15 extra and give it to my employees and that is what happened.

:21::21::21:

Nobody budgets for record profits.

What? If my business achieved a profit of $10 last year and it was my record and I budget for 10% growth this year or $11, I just budgeted for record profits. Do you understand basic finance? I recommend an education.

no, you are budgeting for growth, not profit. :290968001256257790-final:

Wrong. I said Profit!!! Aka EPS. Revenue growth is meaningless but profit is the key. I work in this field you asshole. No one budgets for record revenues and losses you’re making an ass of yourself. Want to bet our status on this board? You do this often, that earnings growth is the critical aspect and not revenues.

What "field" is that? A poppy field? :21::21::21:

Not if the budget called for the record profit? If my budget calls for $100 in profit and last year I hit $95, which was a record and this year I achieve $115 because of the tax cuts then I can take $7 of the $15 extra and give it to my employees and that is what happened.

What? If my business achieved a profit of $10 last year and it was my record and I budget for 10% growth this year or $11, I just budgeted for record profits. Do you understand basic finance? I recommend an education.

Wrong. I said Profit!!! Aka EPS. Revenue growth is meaningless but profit is the key. I work in this field you asshole. No one budgets for record revenues and losses you’re making an ass of yourself. Want to bet our status on this board? You do this often, that earnings growth is the critical aspect and not revenues.

Finance. I am Making an ass out of you. You believe the companies budget for revenue growth and not earnings? Idiot. Take a finance class. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Who are we protecting? Landlords or tenants?

It's not the job of the government to protect either. The market does that.

Two people entering into a strictly voluntary agreement that exchanges use of property for money isn't the concern of government.

If either side violates, or is believed to have violated, that agreement, it's up to the courts to decide if redress is required. That should the extend of the state's involvement.
So landlords should be free to discriminate against any tenant for no good reason? Landlords should be free to collide on rents, lease conditions and residency requirements with no in put from representative governments. No health and safety regulations are needed because the landlords who are actually slumlords should have a free hand. What about rent subsidy vouchers? Should the voucher issuing authority not inspect subsidized units?

I see that you prefer fascism to free markets.
There are free markets and there are fair markets. When you work 40 hours a week as an adult, the very least thing you deserve is decent, safe and scecure housing.

The best way not to be poor is to not help elect Liberals to government.

Don't blame rich people for you being poor like the stupid Moon Bat love to do. Blame the idiot Liberals that you voted for that implemented high taxes and failed economic policies.

Finance. I am Making an ass out of you. You believe the companies budget for revenue growth and not earnings? Idiot. Take a finance class. You’re embarrassing yourself.

You often think you do that to people, yet you never really do.

I did not say "revenue growth", I said growth..as in all the things involved in that happening. Do try and keep up.

Two people entering into a strictly voluntary agreement that exchanges use of property for money isn't the concern of government.

If either side violates, or is believed to have violated, that agreement, it's up to the courts to decide if redress is required. That should the extend of the state's involvement.
So landlords should be free to discriminate against any tenant for no good reason? Landlords should be free to collide on rents, lease conditions and residency requirements with no in put from representative governments. No health and safety regulations are needed because the landlords who are actually slumlords should have a free hand. What about rent subsidy vouchers? Should the voucher issuing authority not inspect subsidized units?

To be fair, rentors discriminate all the time based on credit / rental history / pets / children / job status / marital status, etc. However, if you're speaking about racial or religious discrimination, then the civil courts can decide that matter and it's covered by tort law.

Collusion (collision?) also occurs, rental prices generally follow the market for similar locations. If the market will bear a certain price, a rentor would be a fool not to charge the highest price the market will sustain. No collusion or cabal of rentors can force prices above what the market will bear for a certain location and only a government can hold prices artificially below a market -- which usually leads to the detriment of the housing market.

No one rents a place sight unseen. If a rentee believes a property to be unsafe or unsanitary, why did they enter into the rental agreement in the first place? Unless they have been assigned housing by the state, no one lives in a slum involuntarily. If a place become unsanitary after an agreement has been signed and it's not the fault of the rentee, a court can decide the redress.

You might have guessed, I'm against any form of taxpayer funded rental subsidy. Someone else's inability to buy weed and pay rent isn't my responsibility as a taxpayer.

However, if a rentor is willing to accept taxpayer money for the rent then they have already entered into an agreement with the state (in effect, the state is a rentee of the property just the same as the actual tenant) and has agree to give the state the same access rights as the tenant.
Would you rather have legal services subsidized? Your solution involves expensive lawsuits to the poor rather than decent housing.

There are free markets and there are fair markets. When you work 40 hours a week as an adult, the very least thing you deserve is decent, safe and scecure housing.

Then work to improve yourself so that you have those things. It is not your employers job to give you those things, their only job is to make money for their company, which keeps the company in business.

Then work to improve yourself so that you have those things. It is not your employers job to give you those things, their only job is to make money for their company, which keeps the company in business.
40 hours a week is evidence of trying to improve ones self. Those bootstraps go just so far up.

Do you think poverty is a character flaw?

Conservatives love to blame victims.

I did not say "revenue growth", I said growth..as in all the things involved in that happening. Do try and keep up.

Growth in what? Earnings. That is all that matters. When you budget you do so for bottom line growth or earnings you idiot. Hence when the news states that ABC company missed its earnings guidance, their stock drops. You’re so freaking stupid. And many times companies budget for record earnings and when an unexpected event like tax drop occurs they exceed these projections. You’re dumb Gator, F&ck!

40 hours a week is evidence of trying to improve ones self. Those bootstraps go just so far up.

I think if you are content to work 40 hours a week at minimum wage then you are not doing much to help yourself unless you have an actual physical or mental disability.

My son got his first job this past spring and it was at a fast food place. He would come home and tell me about the 35 and 40 year olds he worked with and how all they did was bitch about the pay. Even as a 16/17 year old he knew enough to ask himself...why the fuck are they working fast food at that age?

Poverty stems from several areas. Again, drugs are a huge problem in the US today. You can't get well paying jobs and smoke pot at the same time. Irresponsible decisions is another. If you are working at Target, don't have any children. If you do have children, don't have them with your boyfriend that you knew for a couple of months. Have children with a guy that you've known for a considerable amount of time that you're assured they won't pack up and leave you with the kids. Poverty is directly related to single-parent households. If you don't make a lot of money, don't buy things you don't need or can't afford. Don't worry, they'll be another new iPhone when you get back on your feet.

Growth in what? Earnings. That is all that matters. When you budget you do so for bottom line growth or earnings you idiot. Hence when the news states that ABC company missed its earnings guidance, their stock drops. You’re so freaking stupid. And many times companies budget for record earnings and when an unexpected event like tax drop occurs they exceed these projections. You’re dumb Gator, F&ck!

Fair point. I misunderstood your initial post. I can admit to being dumb when I make a mistake.

Poverty stems from several areas. Again, drugs are a huge problem in the US today. You can't get well paying jobs and smoke pot at the same time.

This is really not true, especially since it is legal to do so in many states and many companies no longer test for it.

You don't get paid by what YOU think you deserve. You get paid by your value to the company. If you are not worth much to your company or any other, it's up to you to make yourself worth more.

You don't get paid by what YOU think you deserve. You get paid by your value to the company. If you are not worth much to your company or any other, it's up to you to make yourself worth more.

This is the key for the most part. While it is true that there are some fields that in my opinion are vastly underpaid (nurses for example), for the most part the more skills you have to offer, the more money you will make.

One of my jobs before joining the Marines was as a "grinder" in a company that made fire engines. I would grind down the welds and prepare the trunk for the paint shop where they did the fine detailing and painting. It was a shitty, dirty job. Grinding aluminium all day is not much fun, and the pay was pretty shitty. The welders that I did the grinding for made a shit ton more than I did. So I became friends with a few of them and they taught me how to weld, and then when there was an opening I moved from grinder to welder and my pay almost doubled. I was not content to grind wields all day, so I did something about it. Anyone can do something like that.

A friend of mine there that was a welder didn't want to do that his whole life so he took advantage of what the company offered, went back to college and came back and designed the trucks he used to build. He got paid a lot more because his skill was even more unique than that of a welder.

I would surmise those that are mostly hiring are the left elite, for their housekeepers, nannies, and groundskeepers.

Andrew Puzder, President Trump’s choice for Labor secretary, acknowledged late Monday night he had employed an undocumented housekeeper for a number of years, a violation that has usually, but not always, forced Cabinet nominees to withdraw.

Andrew Puzder is just the latest Cabinet nominee with a 'nanny' problem

Not to mention the ones Trump's Country Club hired.

Two were found out of how properties he has?

Irrelevant to the point you made. But as you note, two were found out.

yes, and their employment was terminated as soon as it was known that they were illegal.

According to them, it had long been known.

would you expect them to say anything else?

Poverty stems from several areas. Again, drugs are a huge problem in the US today. You can't get well paying jobs and smoke pot at the same time.

This is really not true, especially since it is legal to do so in many states and many companies no longer test for it.

It's very true. Trust me, I work in industry all day long.

Better paying companies drug test their employees because they get cheaper Workman's compensation rates.

One of our customers is a steel manufacturer. The guy who loads my truck was telling me how hard it was for the company to get help. The starting pay isn't bad for non-skilled labor, about fifteen bucks an hour. But if you're not a jerk off, you can move to eighteen or so in a year or two.

They put out ads and have have applicants come to a seminar to apply; usually about 15 to 20 people show up. There they introduce the company, what it is they exactly do, and what kind of jobs they have available. Before the HR person begins the seminar, he tells the applicants up front that the company drug tests, and if they have a problem with that, it's not worth their time to sit through the seminar. He told me about a dozen or so people get up and just leave.

My employer the same way. The only people that are interested in the jobs are people who can't pass the drug test. He tells them when they apply it's not his standard, but governments standard and there is nothing he can do about it. They just thank him for the job offer and mosey on off into the sunset.

It is a huge problem today.

Andrew Puzder, President Trump’s choice for Labor secretary, acknowledged late Monday night he had employed an undocumented housekeeper for a number of years, a violation that has usually, but not always, forced Cabinet nominees to withdraw.

Andrew Puzder is just the latest Cabinet nominee with a 'nanny' problem

Not to mention the ones Trump's Country Club hired.

yes, and their employment was terminated as soon as it was known that they were illegal.

It really wasn't even disputed.

the premise of your thread is flawed. Minimum wage is not for middle aged people raising a family. It is for teens working part time and people just starting out with no education or training. If you reach middle age and are still making minimum wage then you are either very stupid, untrainable, or just plain lazy.

There were people making a liveable wage at Lowes. They had benefits like health care and a 401k. Lowes are firing thousands of them to replace them with minimum wage employees (or illegals).

No, there are not thousands of good paying jobs out there to simply go to.

Wages stalled but costs haven’t, so people increasingly rent or finance what their parents might have owned outright

Families Go Deep in Debt to Stay in the Middle Class

I think you just defeated your own argument. allowing the influx of illegals has deprived hard working americans of good jobs, glad you finally realized that.

It's business that is inviting them. I'm for extreme measures to stop this. When do you suppose Trump will address the illegal actions of employers?

Get a mirror.

its already happening, those employing illegals are being charged and taken to court. Yes, many businesses like cheap labor, no one ever said otherwise. When will the dems in the house pass a bill to deal with securing the border and enforcing our existing immigration laws?

When will Moscow Mitch allow the bills that you demand to reach the floor of the Senate.

as soon as the dems in the house pass one that makes sense and has a chance of actually fixing the problem. But they won't because the dems see illegals as potential dem voters, you and I both know thats what this has always been about.

It really wasn't even disputed.

did they have valid locking SS cards? did they have valid looking fake drivers licenses? Did they lie about their status? Did they steal a SS number from an american living or dead?

Forum List

Back