In only 10% of counties in the US can a worker afford a 2 bedroom apartment working 40 hours a week

This moron thinks you can beat a drug test by adding water? How do you add water while you are pissing and get it to body temperature? What a fucking moron!

This person probably never passed a drug test in their life!
Ahh, the fake recruiter, the lousy liar, calling himself what he is not, an admiral is all pissed off because the weak link has not response to those better educated.

I never said, simply add water. I said dilute? That is done by buying the mask, reading the directions, which tell you to dilute your urine by drinking water, than after you drink so much water, you then drink their product which raised the creatine level and the specific gravity.

You can also buy clean urine that comes with a heat pack to tape to your body. Very easy to conceal.

You really are a nitwit.

I don't know what the guy that used to work for our company used, but he claimed it was the best on the market. I was also told that there are different levels of drug screening. Since ours is required by the federal government, it's at the top of the list.

That clean urine doesn't work either. You are in an examining gown and they pat you down before you go into the bathroom. All the water is shut off and the toilet has some sort of blue chemical in it. I asked the nurse about it one time and she said that it's impossible to keep that amount of urine at exact body temperature which is what they check for as soon as you come out of the bathroom. If it's slightly warm or slightly too cool, you have to submit another sample, and it's not a small sample either.

With our tests they also make you take a breathalyzer test as well.
I was never made to wear a gown. There are many methods, to include heating patches. I have had people watch but they really are not that interested in watching closely.

In that case, you have never had a drug test administered properly.

Your heating patches are a fucking scam. You are one gullible dumbass!

People have been trying to get past military drug tests for years. They fail miserably!

I don't claim to be an expert on the subject. All I do is take them when my name is pulled. I'm just relaying information from the clinic about questions I asked them. Because of the amount of urine needed, it's impossible to keep that much at exact body temperature. After all, we're not talking about a couple of shot glasses here. I also asked about second hand pot, and they told me that was an urban legend as well. You cannot inhale enough second hand pot to show on the tests.

It's not that I need any of this information, I just find it interesting when this subject comes up. I haven't smoked pot in 30 years and have no intention to even after retirement.

Take a job, for a wage is, at least until Communism is installed in the US, a voluntary act.

There will always be those too lazy or unskilled to work for anything but the lowest wages. But, by agreeing to a wage that somehow doesn't provide you with enough weed or che t-shirts, you've lost the moral right to demand more.

If you aren't satisfied with your low wages, go do something else.

Otherwise, take what you agreed to take when you took the job and like it.
Okay you say this shit despite the statistic I quoted in my OP. Are ALL of those workers lazy with the exception of those in the 10% of counties?

Maybe if the democrat controlled schools taught math, english, science instead of teaching classes in "How to pick your new Gender," "Why America Sucks, and the rest of the world is great," "Why you are a racist pig and how to give politiicans more power because you are a racist pig," then our children wouldn't be going to college for degrees in French Poetry, and would instead learn how to make a living....outside of working at Starbucks.

many of the problems we are seeing today can be traced directly back to the teachers union and its move from teaching to indoctrination.

Since you haven't read or learned from the hundreds of threads on the topic, teachers unions have ZERO impact on curriculum, anywhere in the United States.

You just outed yourself as a monumental dumbass!

you are FOS. prove your allegation or STFU.

POC...Piece of Cake!

More than most unions, teachers unions have done irreparable harm to our public education system. It is bad enough that our system forbids teachers from disciplining or getting rid of unruly students, but we can't get rid of lousy teachers.

National Education Association General Counsel Bob Chanin stated in July 2009.

Chanin: "It is not because we care about children. And it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power. And we have power because there are more than 3.2 million people who are willing to pay us hundreds of millions of dollars in dues...."

Says it all does it not?

It's the same with my company when my employer is looking for a replacement worker. Plenty of people apply, but none that can pass a drug screening.

These days there are many things you can do to fool drug tests. Many things. I dont doubt many drug users may not advance.

But that said, there is still employers that dont pay much and housing that is out of reach.

When I was 25 I made 3 times the minimum wage and that was not enough to buy a home or rent on my own.

Those drug masking products don't work. One of our former employees tried it. He paid something like 30 bucks for the kit. It masked the drugs, but they detected the mask in his urine and he was disqualified. Because it's a government overseen job, they suspended his medical card until he took a rehab course. He returned to work, and two months later, his name got pulled again. He just walked into my employers office and offered his resignation.

How much money you make is up to you--not the employer. You can't ask industry to pay more than the labor is worth. Companies don't open up as a social obligation, they open up to make profit.

We as a society had choices to make with our industry and products. We could have cheap products, a strong market growth, or good paying jobs, but you can't have all three. We chose good investment opportunities and cheaper prices.

I moved into my first apartment in 1980. I was making a little over twice the federal minimum wage. I easily afforded my apartment and never moved back home since.

I used them for years. Many times for many years. Masking is simple, dilute the urine. Drink something to raise the specific gravity and replace the creatin.

The pretty much explains a LOT! Congratulations on being a proud druggie.

Okay you say this shit despite the statistic I quoted in my OP. Are ALL of those workers lazy with the exception of those in the 10% of counties?

Maybe if the democrat controlled schools taught math, english, science instead of teaching classes in "How to pick your new Gender," "Why America Sucks, and the rest of the world is great," "Why you are a racist pig and how to give politiicans more power because you are a racist pig," then our children wouldn't be going to college for degrees in French Poetry, and would instead learn how to make a living....outside of working at Starbucks.

many of the problems we are seeing today can be traced directly back to the teachers union and its move from teaching to indoctrination.

Since you haven't read or learned from the hundreds of threads on the topic, teachers unions have ZERO impact on curriculum, anywhere in the United States.

You just outed yourself as a monumental dumbass!

you are FOS. prove your allegation or STFU.

POC...Piece of Cake!

More than most unions, teachers unions have done irreparable harm to our public education system. It is bad enough that our system forbids teachers from disciplining or getting rid of unruly students, but we can't get rid of lousy teachers.

National Education Association General Counsel Bob Chanin stated in July 2009.

Chanin: "It is not because we care about children. And it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power. And we have power because there are more than 3.2 million people who are willing to pay us hundreds of millions of dollars in dues...."

Says it all does it not?

Not at all, dumbass!

Please show the words "curriculum" ih his comments.

The man is a lawyer and explains that the primary purpose of the NEA is that it is a union.

Epic fail on your part!

Find a job you LOVE and you'll never work a day in your life. I did just that. You may have hated 40 hours a week, I LOVED 60-70 hours a week! In fact, you could say I had one full time 60-70 hour a week job plus three part-time jobs.

I feel sorry for you!

While that makes for a nice FaceBook meme, it is a crock of shit. I spent 20 years in the Marines, I loved being a Marine and doing all the things that I did, and it was a hell of a lot more than 40 hours.

But the thing is, that I also love my family, and I no longer spend more waking hours way from them than I do with them. I missed all sorts of things as a Marine, my daughter's first birthday, holidays with the family, softball games, track meets and the like. I choose the love of my family over my love of being a Marine and when I hit my 20 as my daughter was getting ready for high school, I put her first. I had promised her I would not move her in high school, and I kept it.

Funny thing happens when you quit working 60 to 75 hours a week, you find that you love lots of other things also. I discovered that I love golf, and now I can do that pretty darn often. I also found out I love cooking and baking, and now I have time to do that as well. I get more time with my family and still get to do those things. I can take 10 days off, drive to Florida and rent a house on the beach to be close to where my daughter is.

You feel sorry for me, that would be funny if not so pathetic. One day you work will be gone and you will find you have nothing else that you love. You will be one of those people that die a year after you cannot work any more because you have nothing to live for.

the government has been guaranteeing 30 year loans for decades, its nothing new. What was new in 08 was giving them to people who had no way of making the payments.

if you aren't a lib, great.

The problem started well before 2008. As you say, guaranteeing 30-year loans was not the problem. Lowering of loan requirements doomed the market. Democrats constantly harped on the fact that more blacks than whites were turned down for prime, 30-year mortgages. RACISM the cried. What they did not mention was the FACT than when the race was erased, the defining factor was CREDIT WORTHINESS, not the color of their skin!

Just to remind all our FRIENDS from the far left, the responsibility for this mess lies with Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. AND WITH REPUBLICANS for backing off every time Barney Frank and his cronies played…THE RACE CARD! The housing bubble is what led to the downfall and that was driven by Democrats, starting with Jimmy Carter and hugely expanded by Bill Clinton. Here are the facts, once again, for you to ignore….

HUD TO FIGHT DISCRIMINATION, BOOST MINORITY HOMEOWNERSHIP AND WORK WITH URBAN LEAGUE TO FURTHER GOALS
August 5, 1997
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/HUD+to+Fight+Discrimination,+Boost+Minority+Homeownership+and+Work...-a019650647

New York Times - 1999

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending -
Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending

President Bush’s and the Administrations Unheeded Warnings About the Systemic Risk Posed by the GSEs – Fannie and Freddie dating back to 2001
Just the Facts: The Administration’s Unheeded Warnings About the Systemic Risk Posed by the GSEs

By Elliot Blair Smith,
USA TODAY
Fannie Mae to pay $400 million fine
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
Franklin Raines was Director of the Office of Management and Budget under Clinton and returned to Fannie Mae as its CEO in 1999. Raines is not a “chief” economic adviser for President Barack Hussein Obama but has advised the administration on mortgage and housing matters. Obama had hired another former Fannie CEO, Jim Johnson as a member of Obama’s V.P. search committee and who was forced to quit under fire.

Bloomberg News -
How the Democrats Created the Financial Crisis -
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Democrats in their own words covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac

Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Democrats of Financial Crisis

From the New York Times
New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

By STEPHEN LABATON
Published: September 11, 2003 WASHINGTON,

Sept. 10— The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.

Under the plan, disclosed at a Congressional hearing today, a new agency would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the two largest players in the mortgage lending industry.

The new agency would have the authority, which now rests with Congress, to set one of the two capital-reserve requirements for the companies. It would exercise authority over any new lines of business. And it would determine whether the two are adequately managing the risks of their ballooning portfolios.

The plan is an acknowledgment by the administration that oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- which together have issued more than $1.5 trillion in outstanding debt -- is broken. A report by outside investigators in July concluded that Freddie Mac manipulated its accounting to mislead investors, and critics have said Fannie Mae does not adequately hedge against rising interest rates

Read more: New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

From USNews and World Report
Barney Frank's Fannie and Freddie Muddle
By Sam Dealey
September 10, 2008
[…]
So five years ago, there was one of those rare moments in Washington when the branches and personalities of government—in this case, the Bush administration—are less interested in protecting or expanding their turf than in fixing a looming catastrophe. What was Frank's response to the proposal?

''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.''
[…]
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/sam-dealey/2008/09/10/barney-franks-fannie-and-freddie-muddle

Wall Street Journal Barney’s Rubble – September 17, 2008
Barney's Rubble

Barney Frank in 2005: What Housing Bubble?

Steve Kroft On Credit Default Swaps And Their Central Role In The Unfolding Economic Crisis -

The Bet That Blew Up Wall Street

All this, in addition to the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act by President William Jefferson Clinton caused the meltdown.

It COULD have been stopped or greatly reduced. Democrats fought that every step of the way and the Republicans wilted under the barrage of being called racist and worse.

The pretty much explains a LOT! Congratulations on being a proud druggie.
Yes, what does it explain, please share what you tiny little dim witted mind is thinking. Go ahead, show you intelligence, you certainly have kept it hidden thus far.

I became suspicious of something going on when I went to the bank for something I can't remember now. But while I was waiting for a loan officer, I spoke with another who was passing by.

I asked what the standards were for purchasing more rental property? The reason I asked was because back in the mid 90's when I purchased the ones I have now, the bank put me through hell to buy them. It took several months before approval.

She said I can buy as many as I wanted! I asked if they still use 30% down, and she replied that no they don't, and I can use my current properties as collateral and not put anything down.

I was shocked at the answer, but I had no idea what was really going on at the time. It wasn't until the bubble started to get so big I began to research it. I lost two good tenants who I knew were way over extended on their credit, and didn't have much if anything in their savings, but both bought houses; one of them in a very upper-class area.

You're right. I've been a Realtor for over 45 years so I too bought rental properties. Early on, they were really difficult. You had to qualify with income great enough to cover the monthly payments of the rental property WITHOUT counting the rental income...as income.

In the mid-2000s, came the absurd NO-DOCUMENT loan! The grand idea was to all enable folks who worked largely for tips to more easily qualify. What could go wrong? You just told the lender how much you made and presto, you qualified.

During that time, I came across a duplex I wanted to buy. It was a bit over $200,000. I went to my banker, gave him a copy of my contract and told him I wanted to borrow as much as possible. BEFORE getting back to my office, he called and said I'd been approved for 100% loan and when did I want to close. Yes, it was my banker and they had all my records but previously it had been, and rightly so, much more difficult.

Why wait 2 hours to post more lies? Why not just slink off now?
Poor admiral liar, stuck trying to convince people he knows all about what he speaks, yet denies the facts about waivers given to recruits in the military.

The school teacher who calls himself and admiral yet is not in the military and never was? Or were you in the military, first class semen?

People have been trying to get past military drug tests for years. They fail miserably!
Uh, people have passed military drug tests for years. Of course you would not know, cause nobody is going to tell the fake admiral tory that they just faked a drug test. Why would they tell that to a school teacher?

The military has no idea how many passed the drug test by using a product that is proven.

How about a few more lies. I will reply, tomorrow.

Find a job you LOVE and you'll never work a day in your life. I did just that. You may have hated 40 hours a week, I LOVED 60-70 hours a week! In fact, you could say I had one full time 60-70 hour a week job plus three part-time jobs.

I feel sorry for you!

While that makes for a nice FaceBook meme, it is a crock of shit. I spent 20 years in the Marines, I loved being a Marine and doing all the things that I did, and it was a hell of a lot more than 40 hours.

But the thing is, that I also love my family, and I no longer spend more waking hours way from them than I do with them. I missed all sorts of things as a Marine, my daughter's first birthday, holidays with the family, softball games, track meets and the like. I choose the love of my family over my love of being a Marine and when I hit my 20 as my daughter was getting ready for high school, I put her first. I had promised her I would not move her in high school, and I kept it.

Funny thing happens when you quit working 60 to 75 hours a week, you find that you love lots of other things also. I discovered that I love golf, and now I can do that pretty darn often. I also found out I love cooking and baking, and now I have time to do that as well. I get more time with my family and still get to do those things. I can take 10 days off, drive to Florida and rent a house on the beach to be close to where my daughter is.

You feel sorry for me, that would be funny if not so pathetic. One day you work will be gone and you will find you have nothing else that you love. You will be one of those people that die a year after you cannot work any more because you have nothing to live for.

methinks-M.jpg

In the mid-2000s, came the absurd NO-DOCUMENT loan! The grand idea was to all enable folks who worked largely for tips to more easily qualify. What could go wrong?

I can tell you exactly what went wrong.

I live in the suburbs of Cleveland. People from the inner-city could never move here because they simply didn't have the money. When 0% invaded the market, all those lowlifes moved here to the suburbs. Along with them came their crime.

They didn't have the money to make payments and had no intention of doing so. It was just a free vacation from the projects. They would stay as long as they could until the bank kicked them out, and they were right back where they started, back in the ghetto.

It took years for the banks to catch up on all their foreclosures, so we had a crime infested suburb for a couple of years. But like a tornado, once the place is ruined, it's almost impossible to build it back up to where it once was. Even after the bank kicked all these vermin out, they returned to visit with their family and friends that were still here.

It was indirect social engineering. I know how much money was lost in property value here, it has to be in the billions when you add up the losses across the entire country.

Uh, people have passed military drug tests for years. Of course you would not know, cause nobody is going to tell the fake admiral tory that they just faked a drug test. Why would they tell that to a school teacher?

The military has no idea how many passed the drug test by using a product that is proven.

How about a few more lies. I will reply, tomorrow.

Most amusing!

Here we have someone who defends and takes great pride in his ability to fake a drug test tells all one needs about his character. Shameful!

'A national problem': U.S. housing affordability is out of whack with minimum wage

Obviously this should bother republican voters, but they have this fantasy mindset that Trump will turn this country into some kind of utopia despite the fact that he had two years to do so with a republican Congress. Their only response when presented with this is the usual pathetic deflection of “well Obama didn’t do it! Derp, derp, derp!”

Now granted Obama achieved little in improving the lives of the middle class and poor besides a few policies. These policies include 1) helping to reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush 6 months into his presidency and producing job growth EVER SINCE. 2) Expanding OT pay eligibility for thousands of US workers 3) guaranteeing people receive healthcare from pre-existing conditions, 4) passing the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan

He also TRIED to invest education and raise the minimum wage but was blocked by republicans.

The point I am making is that republicans do fucking NOTHING to help the poor and middle class but democrats at least make an attempt despite failing on a significant scale. This nuance matters whether you like it or not.

Get a roommate. That’s what young people do since they have no money.

I used to rent a studio room in a garage and worked part-time while going to college.

20 years later I own a baller house and several cars. All on my own, without any welfare. That’s the story of most Americans, at least those that get off their asses and work.

'A national problem': U.S. housing affordability is out of whack with minimum wage

Obviously this should bother republican voters, but they have this fantasy mindset that Trump will turn this country into some kind of utopia despite the fact that he had two years to do so with a republican Congress. Their only response when presented with this is the usual pathetic deflection of “well Obama didn’t do it! Derp, derp, derp!”

Now granted Obama achieved little in improving the lives of the middle class and poor besides a few policies. These policies include 1) helping to reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush 6 months into his presidency and producing job growth EVER SINCE. 2) Expanding OT pay eligibility for thousands of US workers 3) guaranteeing people receive healthcare from pre-existing conditions, 4) passing the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan

He also TRIED to invest education and raise the minimum wage but was blocked by republicans.

The point I am making is that republicans do fucking NOTHING to help the poor and middle class but democrats at least make an attempt despite failing on a significant scale. This nuance matters whether you like it or not.

I used to rent a studio room in a garage and worked part-time while going to college.

20 years later I own a baller house and several cars. All on my own, without any welfare. That’s the story of most Americans, at least those that get off their asses and work.
See the simple concept you people keep failing to understand is that the OPPORTUNITY DOESNT EXIST FOR MOST OF THOSE PEOPLE. IT’S A MATTER OF NUMBERS. BACK IN YOUR DAY THERE WAS MORE OPPORTUNITY AND WAGES WERE KEPT UP ON THE RATE OF INFLATION.

See the simple concept you people keep failing to understand is that the OPPORTUNITY DOESNT EXIST FOR MOST OF THOSE PEOPLE. IT’S A MATTER OF NUMBERS. BACK IN YOUR DAY THERE WAS MORE OPPORTUNITY AND WAGES WERE KEPT UP ON THE RATE OF INFLATION.
Back in the day were Pax Americana. The world was within our borders for most of our production, food, energy and most other things. We had real foundation. We exported finished products to the world. Today we export many raw products compared to back then. After WW2 big ticket unions became prosperpous and unfortunately, corrupted. Today we have corrupted government unions, monopolies, trade unions and more still. They hold areas hostage and prevent more growth then we get. The differences in privileged jobs lie those and non privileged can be enormous with many people actually smarter then many who work in those privileged jobs making less. You could not even begin to build the infrastructure older cities have today that was built a century ago as the costs and the time to build it woud cover generations instead of a few years.

And how is raising taxes, requiring people to pay for insurance they can't afford deductibles on,
and soliciting millions if not billions in donations from voters for 20 candidates to run for office
going to help workers when it just means taking MORE money out of their paychecks?

Billy000 the best solutions I've found to shift toward sustainable economics
are all focused on COMMUNITY owned and run programs, NOT paying more taxes to GOVT!

That's how we are going to help more people KEEP their labor and wealth, instead of going into more and more debt paying into endless govt spending that doesn't solve problems.

Examples of programs that liberate individuals
and community by more cost effective approaches to
investing and managing resources locally:

* Microlending and business training/development (instead of govt welfare and handouts)
www.grameenfoundation.org
Both Obama and Ben Carson advocate for Microlending
and financial education/business training as the KEY
to replacing govt welfare and dependent on handouts

* Building local schools and health care cooperatives to create jobs and
provide services and development that empowers people in democratic management:
www.paceuniversal.com
www.patientphysiciancoop.com

These solutions do not require going through govt.
Similar to Habitat for Humanity, the best empowerment is to
help people develop their own community centers, health care
and educational facilities, so they learn to lead directly, not depend on govt to provide for them.

The people should be able to set up programs and policies by choice of what works best,
and then create public policy based on proven solutions. So taxpayers can choose the
best programs to fund and follow that represent them.

Not vice versa, and expect people to either depend on govt or use it to "dictate" policies.

Correct me if I am wrong, this seems to be a problem that affect only the areas of the nation that voted for Clinton?

All the urban areas the low income yet liberal workers don't make enough to live close to work.

I have heard of this problem before. It is an interesting quandary. :eusa_think:

fe169280-b2f3-11e9-bf4a-0afbf4fbce25

1280px-2016_Nationwide_US_presidential_county_map_shaded_by_vote_share.svg.png

It has to do MORE with the cost of living in these areas, it is a local problem, not a national one.

What a steaming pile of shit.

At minimum wage, how many hours of labor were required in 1979 (40 years ago) to buy the least expensive car? What if that car had power steering, power breaks, AM/FM stereo, and power windows? How many hours does it take today to buy a Kia Sonata with those features?

How many hours did it take to buy 1 pound of Top Sirloin Steak? How many today?

How many hours did it take to buy a 19" color TV? An inexpensive stereo? A pair of jeans? A pair of prescription glasses?

See, the thing about you Marxists is that you lie. You put up graphs from ThinkProgress or DailyKOS which are dishonestly stamped "source: St. Louis Federal Reserve" which is just a fucking lie, you got your graph from a Soros hate site, and we ALL know it.

The leftist hate sites attempt to deceive by using metrics that are not equivalent. So I challenge my leftist indoctrinated students to use a consistent metric, how many hours of labor at minimum wage?

Wow, that was an amazing rant. Seems someone did not take their meds today.

I do not know the answers to those things, but clearly you do, so lay out the data for us all to see.

I will happy be awaiting your response. In the mean time I will still be against the concept of a minimum wage while I guess you support one.
How can you be against a minimum wage? Don't you know what business owners would do with that? We're slaves enough, without that.

I am against an artificial minimum wage, especially on a Fed level. Since less than 3% of the populations works for minimum wage, I am not sure what you think business owners would do with it
They would take advantage of the people desperate for work and offer them $5 per hour. And they wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it, either.

We've not changed a bit since Dickens' day.

Don't be silly.

The labor market is to tight. Nobody would come by.

My kid makes more doing yard work.

Most amusing!

Here we have someone who defends and takes great pride in his ability to fake a drug test tells all one needs about his character. Shameful!
And markle, is a complete moron, who can only attack character, not engage in the discussion. That makes a someone who used a drug which is legal now in many places, a smarter better person than you are. Imagine, you are lower than a drug user.

Forum List

Back