In the centuries to come humanity will have a darker and darker skin tone. Why do you care?

they will not remember or revere us.

That's inevitable. Given a large enough timeline we will all be forgotten. Eventually all of the hydrogen in the universe will burn up and leave nothing but darkness. Who will remember us then? Why does it matter?

"Given enough time" is a cop out.

I've seen supposedly Catholic Universities, where liberalism is the new religion, and those that worked and sacrificed to build the university are forgotten and their hopes and dreams are utterly rejected by those that benefit from their good works.

Why? Because they were foolish enough to be open to others, instead of insisting on religious and ideological discrimination.

Why is it important to you to be revered and remembered after you're dead? Humanity and culture changes dude. It's the way of the world. I don't feel your example involving universities in entirely relevant. We're talking about the long term change in skin tone that humanity will inevitably undergo. Why is it a big deal and how do you stop it?

Some people care about the future, especially the future they leave their descendants, whether literal biological descendants or figurative "identified with" descendants.

Indeed, I think this is likely the normal and healthy person's viewpoint on the issue.

You seem to not share this. In the context of this thread, that is fine.

All you need to do is understand that many people are different than you, and respect that.

So what's the plan for stopping white people from becoming less and less common over time?
They are going to colonize the moon and leave everyone else on here on earth.

Successful people will breed with successful people and unsuccessful people will breed with unsuccessful people. This is a given and will not bring about the "one race" you naively envision.

I lectured at an HBU. A few of the students went on to become billionaires.

That doesn't jive with the lowlife crackers on this thread worrying about white anhilaition.
You lectured Michael Jordan and Oprah Winfrey? You know that there are 11 black billionaires in the world out of 2043, mostly from Africa, and to think you instructed a "few" of them. Funny.

Last edited:
That is a nice strawman you have there. I respectfully decline your request to join you in playing with it.

It is yours and has nothing to do with me.

My point stands.

If the characteristics of a bloodline, and in this case the culture associated with that bloodline are gone after the "amalgamation",

then that bloodline has NOT survived.

How is it a strawman?

Do you think the color of a branch of the family tree makes the culture?

I’m trying to understand.

I think people self identify, to a great extend, based on their physical appearance.

What was Obama's biography named?

Was is

a. Dreams of my Father and MOther?

or

b. Dreams of my Father?

Don't look it up, just choose.

So?

It’s not like he disowned the white side of his family.

If anything, he was more influenced by them.

What do you base that conclusion on?

He spent more time with his mom and his grandparents on her side. His dad left.

And despite that, his dad got top billing.

Physical attributes, or as you put in "melanin", trumped those that actually raised him and loved him.

How is it a strawman?

Do you think the color of a branch of the family tree makes the culture?

I’m trying to understand.

I think people self identify, to a great extend, based on their physical appearance.

Was is

or

b. Dreams of my Father?

So?

Physical attributes, or as you put in "melanin", trumped those that actually raised him and loved him.

What are you talking about? Top billing?

He wrote a book about how his father left him.

My family is my family. They don’t have to share the same skin tone, hair color, eye color, nose shape.

Bullshit. LEt one of them join the Proud Boys and you'd never speak to them again.

Joining the Proud Boys (I had to look it up) is a behavior, not a physical attribute.

But tell me more about how I would treat my family.....

It is a choosing of culture and a celebration of heritage.

One that you do not agree with and would not fit well with you.

So now you’re twisting it that my family’s actions could make them not my family.

But the first premise here seemed to be that if your physical attributes aren’t passed on, then your heritage is lost.

I am not "twisting it". It is my opinion what is/will be happening.

I fully intend that my child will inherit it and I will be quite cross if my likely eventual grandchildren made is clear to me that they don't give a fuck.

"No, no, no, my grandchild. That beautiful, intelligent Asian person who treats you like gold? No, you can't marry that person because they aren't white."

:lol:

Yeah, good luck with that.

Do you realize that what you wrote did NOT actually address my point?

Instead of addressing it, you gloated at the difficulty of passing on a heritage in a diverse society.

Being difficult, does not make something irrelevant or wrong.

Yes, just look at where white people live, no war. Look at Africa and the Middle East, brown people and slightly less brown people, in total kaos. Asians have their shit somewhat together, but even they don't want to be yellow.

The history of Europe is war.

And the alt-right wants to tear down the one institution dedicated to preventing war amongst Europeans.
The history might be war but Europe is a pretty civilized place these days, well, except for all the Muslims.

If my grandson looks like this,

t_weathers_thomas_500x279.jpg

what are the odds, he will have my Scottish Coat of Arms hanging on his wall?

The Last King of Scotland (film) - Wikipedia

I have a Scottish coat of arms hanging on my wall.

And I'm embarrassed that fellow Scots hold such backwards, narrow-minded views like yours. Especially when you know the history of Scotland.

Idi Amin was a very unusual character. If it was common to see multi racial individuals celebrating all the aspects of their heritage instead of just the dominant one (genetically speaking) that would be a strong argument against my concerns.

Ridiculing my position is not an argument. It is just you being rude.

I fully intend that my child will inherit it and I will be quite cross if my likely eventual grandchildren made is clear to me that they don't give a fuck.

"No, no, no, my grandchild. That beautiful, intelligent Asian person who treats you like gold? No, you can't marry that person because they aren't white."

Yeah, good luck with that.

Do you realize that what you wrote did NOT actually address my point?

Instead of addressing it, you gloated at the difficulty of passing on a heritage in a diverse society.

Being difficult, does not make something irrelevant or wrong.

I still haven’t gotten an answer about what causes cultural heritage. How is it passed on?

And I'm embarrassed that fellow Scots hold such backwards, narrow-minded views like yours. Especially when you know the history of Scotland.

Idi Amin was a very unusual character. If it was common to see multi racial individuals celebrating all the aspects of their heritage instead of just the dominant one (genetically speaking) that would be a strong argument against my concerns.

Do you think that multiracial individuals identify most strongly with the dominant racial features because that’s how others are determined to label them?

Even if they countered bigots with the fact that they are part-white, bigots will disbelieve or dismiss it.

Remember the one-drop rule. Bi-racial people couldn’t claim their whiteness, they were considered “black” and that was it.

Was is

or

b. Dreams of my Father?

So?

What are you talking about? Top billing?

He wrote a book about how his father left him.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N2HCM4/?tag=ff0d01-20

51Xi4ySeeyL.jpg

"In this lyrical, unsentimental, and compelling memoir, the son of a black African father and a white American mother searches for a workable meaning to his life as a black American. It begins in New York, where Barack Obama learns that his father—a figure he knows more as a myth than as a man—has been killed in a car accident. This sudden death inspires an emotional odyssey—first to a small town in Kansas, from which he retraces the migration of his mother’s family to Hawaii, and then to Kenya, where he meets the African side of his family, confronts the bitter truth of his father’s life, and at last reconciles his divided inheritance. "

Sure, his father left him, his mother's parents raised him, and his Father gets top billing.

Here is Obama talking about race, and his perception of himself and his heritage and his daughter heritage.

Barack Obama on Race, Identity, and the Way Forward - The Atlantic

"Coates: I wonder how you came to think of yourself as black and why.

Obama: Well, part of my understanding of race is that it’s more of a social construct than a biological reality. And in that sense, if you are perceived as African American, then you’re African American. Now, you can—that can mean a whole lot of things. And one of the things I cured myself of fairly early on, and I think the African American community has moved away from, is this notion that there’s one way to be black. And so you are right that I could have been an African American who worked for an international organization and was not engaged in the day-to-day struggles, politically or culturally, that the African American community faces. There are a lot of African Americans who may make those decisions, and they’re still African American, but they’re just living their lives in a different way.

I think for me, first and foremost, I always felt as if being black was cool. "

Note that he does not correct the interviewer. He does not state that he sees himself as multiracial or both black and white. He is black.

And here, he talks about his daughters'.

"Obama: I think it is. It’s interesting watching Malia and Sasha, who have obviously lived in as strange and unreal an environment as any kids do. They feel very strongly about their African American roots. They don’t feel that they have to choose. And that, I think, is a great gift to bequeath them, where they know they’ve got a home, they know they’ve got a base, they know who they are. But they don’t think that in any way constrains them. And certainly they are not burdened by the sorts of doubts that previous generations—and even our generation—might have felt in what it means to be black. They think being black and being free are not contradictory. It’s interesting, when we went to visit the museum, Smithsonian [National Museum of African American History and Culture], just watching them soak it in. And they’re well-informed young people, so they knew most of the history, and I forget which one of them just said, “I can’t wait to bring my friends here.” And I think she was not just referring to African American friends but her white friends. She said, “Because face it, our stuff’s cool.” We’ve got Michael Jordan, Beyoncé, Dr. King. What you got?"

They feel strongly about their African American roots and have such contempt for the heritage of their grandmother than they don't even discuss it,

and go on to plan to gloat to their white friends how great her culture is and how lame their white culture is.

IF, your view of the world was correct, Obama should have corrected her and reminded her how much he and she owes to her white grandmother and great grandparents, and how rich and "cool" their culture is too.

Do you think that multiracial individuals identify most strongly with the dominant racial features because that’s how others are determined to label them?

Even if they countered bigots with the fact that they are part-white, bigots will disbelieve or dismiss it.

Remember the one-drop rule. Bi-racial people couldn’t claim their whiteness, they were considered “black” and that was it.

In the context of this discussion, why doesn't matter.

The fact is, that multiracial individuals identify most strongly with the dominant racial features.

The fact is, that multiracial individuals identify most strongly with the dominant racial features.

So, ricey thinks this is funny.

Why?

"We must realize that our party's most powerful weapon is racial tensions. By propounding into the consciousness of the dark races that for centuries they have been oppressed by whites, we can mould them to the program of the Communist Party. In America we will aim for subtle victory. While inflaming the Negro minority against the whites, we will endeavor to instill in the whites a guilt complex for their exploitation of the Negroes. We will aid the Negroes to rise in prominence in every walk of life, in the professions and in the world of sports and entertainment. With this prestige, the Negro will be able to intermarry with the whites and begin a process which will deliver America to our cause."
"A Racial Program for the 20th Century" (1912)

dumbcon quotes a hoax

Big surprise.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Why?
Because you sound like an idiot. Black people possess the racial features of all races. Thats where you get them from.

Why?

Because multiracial individuals are usually perceived as one race or another by others. You quoted Obama. He was considered black by others.

Now, what a multiracial person going to do? They are in a position to try to confound others’ perceptions of their race, which seems self-hating (such as if Obama reminded people all through his life that he is part Caucasian, it would seem a rejection of his African part), or they can just accept that this is how they are seen by society, which does not necessarily mean rejecting their other racial makeup(s).

Why?
Because you sound like an idiot. Black people possess the racial features of all races. Thats where you get them from.

Um, yeah, that is bat shit crazy and doesn't address my point at all.

Multiracial individuals identify most strongly with the dominant racial features.

Why?

Um, yeah, that is bat shit crazy and doesn't address my point at all.

Multiracial individuals identify most strongly with the dominant racial features.

BECAUSE that’s how the rest of the world sees them!

Why?

Because multiracial individuals are usually perceived as one race or another by others. You quoted Obama. He was considered black by others.

Now, what a multiracial person going to do? They are in a position to try to confound others’ perceptions of their race, which seems self-hating (such as if Obama reminded people all through his life that he is part Caucasian, it would seem a rejection of his African part), or they can just accept that this is how they are seen by society, which does not necessarily mean rejecting their other racial makeup(s).

Except that Obama and his children have rejected their other racial makeup.

They do not identify as multiracial, white AND black, or any such fusion.

They are Black.

His children gloated about how cool being black was and how lame white culture was and Obama did not correct them, or defend his Mother, or his Grandparents who raised him.

Why?

Except that Obama and his children have rejected their other racial makeup.

They do not identify as multiracial, white AND black, or any such fusion.

They are Black.

His children gloated about how cool being black was and how lame white culture was and Obama did not correct them, or defend his Mother, or his Grandparents who raised him.

I would think if Obama rejected his white genes, he wouldn’t acknowledge his white family. When in fact, he certainly has. His kids? Are less white. Can you point out a source showing that they rejected their white grandmother?

Because the world sees them as black, because they are more black than white, you seem to have a problem that they went with it, and felt positive about that.

Forum List

Back