In the name of Islam

And the spinning/deflectingfor the PC-protected religion rolls on...

hqdefault.jpg

So what are you saying?

It's only mental illness if it's some other religion?
I'm saying the usual suspects can be counted on to spin for the PC-protected religion.

One way or the other.

Actually, it sounds more like the usual suspects are intent on discounting mental illness if a muslim is involved :dunno:
Do you believe Mohammed was mentally ill?

He was obviously a socio-path.

hqdefault.jpg

So what are you saying?

I'm saying the usual suspects can be counted on to spin for the PC-protected religion.

One way or the other.

Actually, it sounds more like the usual suspects are intent on discounting mental illness if a muslim is involved :dunno:
Do you believe Mohammed was mentally ill?

Quite possibly - much like Jesus and Moses. Quite delusional these prophets, talking to burning shrubbery, thinking their the son of a God, hearing voices.

hqdefault.jpg

So what are you saying?

One way or the other.

How do you tell the difference between Islam fundamentalism and mental illness?

The same way you tell the difference between Christian fundamentalism and mental illness. You look at the individual.

hqdefault.jpg

So what are you saying?

One way or the other.

How do you tell the difference between Islam fundamentalism and mental illness?

The same way you tell the difference between Christian fundamentalism and mental illness. You look at the individual.

I'm not sure anyone could tell the difference in that case either.

That's what Edward Archer stated as he tried to assassinate a Philadelphia police officer in his marked police car just before midnight on Thursday. They Mayor denied any connection to Islam.

Jim Kenney on Twitter

But if you're saying it wasn't "in the name of Islam" I challenge you to prove otherwise.

A gunman claiming allegiance to Islamic State militants shot and seriously wounded a Philadelphia police officer, saying he ambushed his patrol car "in the name of Islam," the city's police commissioner said on Friday.

Edward Archer of Philadelphia approached Officer Jesse Hartnett, 33, shortly before midnight and fired 11 rounds, three of which hit the officer in his arm, authorities said. Police released still images from surveillance video that showed the gunman dressed in a long white robe walking toward the car and firing, eventually getting close enough to shoot at point-blank range through the window.

Hartnett chased Archer, who was arrested by responding officers and later confessed to the attack, police officials told reporters.

"He has confessed to committing this cowardly act in the name of Islam," Ross told a press conference, adding that the 30-year-old assailant also referenced Islamic State militants.

Philadelphia Police Captain James Clark added, "He said he pledges his allegiance to Islamic State, he follows Allah and that was the reason he was called on to do this."

Gunman ambushes Philadelphia policeman 'in the name of Islam'

The man heard voices. He was mentally ill. He never attended a mosque.

Clearly he is influenced on the notion of killing in the name of Allah for the Islamic State.......a trend we see on the rise in the US and other western cultures regardless of official mental state or mosque attendance.
There is no proof he did not attend a mosque.

Quite possible. I was going by what one of the Imam's said - and what he said was he had no recollection of attending his mosque. My mistake.

hqdefault.jpg

So what are you saying?

Are you Edward Archers psychiatrist? Are you a psychiatrist? Is archers mommy a psychiatrist? Did you know mommy's say things to protect their offspring, even when they are heinous murderers? Did you know Archers brother stated Archer is NOT mentally ill? Is HE a psychiatrist? What we DO know is what Archer himself said about his motivation to kill: ISLAM.

Sure...like Jesus told that woman to drown her kid. Can't possibly be mental illness.

That's what Edward Archer stated as he tried to assassinate a Philadelphia police officer in his marked police car just before midnight on Thursday. They Mayor denied any connection to Islam.

Jim Kenney on Twitter

But if you're saying it wasn't "in the name of Islam" I challenge you to prove otherwise.

A gunman claiming allegiance to Islamic State militants shot and seriously wounded a Philadelphia police officer, saying he ambushed his patrol car "in the name of Islam," the city's police commissioner said on Friday.

Edward Archer of Philadelphia approached Officer Jesse Hartnett, 33, shortly before midnight and fired 11 rounds, three of which hit the officer in his arm, authorities said. Police released still images from surveillance video that showed the gunman dressed in a long white robe walking toward the car and firing, eventually getting close enough to shoot at point-blank range through the window.

Hartnett chased Archer, who was arrested by responding officers and later confessed to the attack, police officials told reporters.

"He has confessed to committing this cowardly act in the name of Islam," Ross told a press conference, adding that the 30-year-old assailant also referenced Islamic State militants.

Philadelphia Police Captain James Clark added, "He said he pledges his allegiance to Islamic State, he follows Allah and that was the reason he was called on to do this."

And that is the story the media is going with?.....
Me thinks that is the company line straight from the Obama regime

Jim Kenney on Twitter

Would you supply a link, please?
His mommy said he hears voices. His brother wasn't given the memo.
Shane Archer says his brother is NOT mentally ill.

SOURCE: Police Investigating Further Possible Threat To Law Enforcement

I think his mother is more likely to know. She also said she tried to get help for him. My brother was mentally ill for sometime and my father in complete denial.

Why is it you can't accept mental illness if the perp is Muslim? It's not like it's mental illness always - for example I wouldn't say that about the Bernadino shooters. But when there is evidence indicating it might well be, you just want to deny it.

Jim Kenney on Twitter

So they say.

Seems likely, given the history. Like a number of other mass shooters.
Mass shooters? Umm, how many Police officers were in that patrol car?

Police: Gunman who shot cop pledged allegiance to the Islamic State
Thank you for the link! Uppermost in the case is his travels to the Middle East and his own proclamation that he did the shooting in the name of Islam. The mother suggested he had mental issues, not a Dr. She could have suggested this so he would have an insanity defense. She hoped the police had the wrong man when he was shot by the police officer at the scene and dropped the gun that was used to shoot Jesse. A hopeful mother does not make it true.

The mother is usually the first one to notice mental issues, men tend to deny them because of stigma. There's little in this person's actions to suggest rational thinking.
Stop generalising about a family you know nothing about. How about this generalisation 'mothers will say anything to protect their children'. And how about this, his brother, Shane Archer, stated he is NOT mentally ill.

You seem to think *you* know all about them. How about taking your own advice?

Jim Kenney on Twitter

So they say.

Seems likely, given the history. Like a number of other mass shooters.
Mass shooters? Umm, how many Police officers were in that patrol car?

Point taken. I should have said crazy shooters.

Jim Kenney on Twitter

I think his mother is more likely to know. She also said she tried to get help for him. My brother was mentally ill for sometime and my father in complete denial.

Why is it you can't accept mental illness if the perp is Muslim? It's not like it's mental illness always - for example I wouldn't say that about the Bernadino shooters. But when there is evidence indicating it might well be, you just want to deny it.
For me, it was his statement before the shooting, "In the Name of Islam..." I would think if he was insane, he would be saying something like, "In the name of Teddy Roosevelt."

Jim Kenney on Twitter

For me, it was his statement before the shooting, "In the Name of Islam..." I would think if he was insane, he would be saying something like, "In the name of Teddy Roosevelt."

I posted a bunch of articles of a whole host of crimes committed by mentally ill people in the name of their religion, it doesn't alter the fact that they are mentally ill.

I posted a bunch of articles of a whole host of crimes committed by mentally ill people in the name of their religion, it doesn't alter the fact that they are mentally ill.
Are you talking about the legal definition of "insane"?

• Face it, MANY muslims are simply PURE EVIL!

• ISIS Burns Christians Alive in Locked Caskets, Escaped Prisoner Reveals
    Pamela Geller ^ | 1/9/2016 | Pamela Geller
    The jihad against Christianity and Christians leaves hundreds of thousands dead, and yet Western leaders and Christian leaders in the West remain silent. Instead, they pursue the stealth Islamic ruse of "interfaith dialogue" with Muslim leaders, as their flock perishes. "ISIS Burns Christians Alive in Locked Caskets, Escaped Prisoner Reveals," By Anugrah Kumar, Christian Post, January 9, 2016 (thanks to Claude): An Iraqi soldier who escaped from an Islamic State prison has described the terror group's brutal torture of Christians, many of whom died during the torture. "They tortured the [expletive] out of the Christians and some died in the...

Are you talking about the legal definition of "insane"?

You mean like an insanity defense in a court of law? If so - then no. That is very specific. A person can be mentally ill but still know the difference between right and wrong.

• Cologne attacks: New Year's Eve crime cases top 500
    BBC News ^ | 1/10/2016 | BBC
    The number of criminal cases committed during new year celebrations has risen to 516-40% of which relate to sexual assault, police in the city say. The figures are a big increase from the 379 case police reported on Saturday.......
  • The Depraved Leading the Morally Bankrupt (sex ed for Muslim migrants to Norway)
    The Remnant ^ | January 9, 2016 | Hilary White
    Norway offering sex ed for Islamic migrants I must admit I laughed yesterday to read an article from the New York Times saying that Norwegian "refugee" officials had, rather tentatively and with many apologies, launched "training sessions" for their Islamic migrants in European standards of sexual behaviour. This was admitted to be an effort to try to teach them "right from wrong." Cynic that I am, my first thought was, "Do you know?" I suppose it requires the point of view of a traditionally-minded Catholic to see the bizarre irony of the morally bankrupt European secularists preaching their deranged version...

For the same reason Jews today are held responsible for the crucifixion of Christ, that Christians are held responsible for the 2009 murder of Dr George Tiller for performing abortions, that whites are responsible for the murder Martin Luther King.

Holding the group responsible is the antithesis of individual responsibility.

The difference is that Islam tells its followers to kill infidels. We hold all Nazis responsible for the Holocaust, and not even you would disagree.
There is nothing in the Quran that tells Muslims to kill infidels.
The often mentioned verse (9:5) does not say infidels.It says idolaters. If you read the verse in context, it becomes clear that the commandment of this verse only relates to those tribes who continued hostilities against the Muslims even after they had migrated. In particular, reference is made to the 5 tribes that did not honor the treaties they made with Muslims.

Why does the Quran say that infidels should be killed? | Islam Ahmadiyya

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

Quran (8:59-60) - "And let not those who disbelieve suppose that they can outstrip (Allah's Purpose). Lo! they cannot escape. Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy."

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

Quran (9:14) - "Fight against them so that Allah will punish them by your hands and disgrace them and give you victory over them and heal the breasts of a believing people."

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Quran (9:73) - "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination."

Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Quran (17:16) - "And when We wish to destroy a town, We send Our commandment to the people of it who lead easy lives, but they transgress therein; thus the word proves true against it, so We destroy it with utter destruction."

Quran (33:60-62) - "If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and the alarmists in the city do not cease, We verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while. Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

Quran (47:3-4) - "Those who disbelieve follow falsehood, while those who believe follow the truth from their Lord... So, when you meet (in fight Jihad in Allah's Cause), those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives)... If it had been Allah's Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test you, some with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost."

Quran (61:4) - "Surely Allah loves those who fight in His way"
Quran (61:9): "He it is who has sent His Messenger (Mohammed) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam) to make it victorious over all religions even though the infidels may resist."

Like Islamophobes and terrorist who share the same goals, you are pulling violent quotes out of context ignoring those that promote peace and love. I can do exactly the same thing with Bible scriptures.

"And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain"
Deuteronomy 2:34

"And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.-- Numbers 25:4

You're quoting the old testament. Christianity is based on the New Testament. You won't find any such quotes there. Furthermore, you won't find Jesus promoting violence of engaging in violence, but Muhammed did both in spades. Muhammad committed genocide, rape, slavery, murder, assassination and child molestation.

The claim that Christianity is no better than Islam simply doesn't wash.
I make no claim as to which religion is superior. That judgement I leave to the faithful and the bigots.

Jesus and Mohammad are not comparable. Jesus was the son of God, without sin according Christians. Mohammad was the messenger of God according to Muslims. Few Muslims would argue that Mohammad was without sin. Even his degree of morality is subject to debate among Muslims. They worship God, not Mohammad.

Mohammad was both a military leader and political leader as well as a spiritual leader. The violent, war like passages in the Quran were certainly not directed at Christians or Jews but rather idolaters which he hated and fought in a number of battles. Christians and Jews were referred to as fellow believers because they believed in the same God as Muslims.

Notice that the often and incorrectly quoted verse 9.5 is directed at idolaters not infidels. The verse reads, "When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful."

Last edited:
  • Face it, MANY muslims are simply PURE EVIL!

• ISIS Burns Christians Alive in Locked Caskets, Escaped Prisoner Reveals
    Pamela Geller ^ | 1/9/2016 | Pamela Geller
    The jihad against Christianity and Christians leaves hundreds of thousands dead, and yet Western leaders and Christian leaders in the West remain silent. Instead, they pursue the stealth Islamic ruse of "interfaith dialogue" with Muslim leaders, as their flock perishes. "ISIS Burns Christians Alive in Locked Caskets, Escaped Prisoner Reveals," By Anugrah Kumar, Christian Post, January 9, 2016 (thanks to Claude): An Iraqi soldier who escaped from an Islamic State prison has described the terror group's brutal torture of Christians, many of whom died during the torture. "They tortured the [expletive] out of the Christians and some died in the...
Face it, Many Christians are simply Pure Evil. as are many Jews, Atheists Hindus etc...

Forum List

Back