Inaugural benediction: Pray that “white will embrace what is right”

i don't know whose version is true. i know this conversation in public ends here though, thanks

Sure you do .. you can look at the PM's.

See if you can find any reference of my using a dumb ass word like "peckerwood."

Even at that though it may be helpful. I noticed more blacks out and about in Des Moines after the election in areas/stores etc.. than I had seen before. A dear friend years ago told me "big wheels move slow".

The wheels ain't going to move any further until minorities stop projecting all the blame on the entire white race.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
No.. he didn't. He sat probably for days carefully crafting that speech. He knew EXACTLY what he was saying.

You see, what he said is a PERFECT example of the double standard. Blacks can say whatever the hell they want that's racist and get a pass, but if whitey utters one little comment, he's nailed to the cross. Let the truth be known.

Well, you're free to feel offended. I don't have a guilty conscience about embracing what's right.

The double standard? Did Reverend Wright get a pass? Where was Rev Jesse Jackson yesterday? Rev Al Sharpton?

Rev Lowery is 87 years old and out of habit he uttered a phrase in the wrong tense. Sure, he could have worded it better......big deal!

Obviously black is not "being put back" etc, since Obama is POTUS! :lol:

Last edited:
Even at that though it may be helpful. I noticed more blacks out and about in Des Moines after the election in areas/stores etc.. than I had seen before. A dear friend years ago told me "big wheels move slow".

Are you saying that black people are discriminated against in Iowa? You mentioned one child walking around with a baseball bat. We've been led to believe that racism is a problem only in the South. I've never seen anyone walk around with a baseball bat.

Never ceases to amaze me that Liberals actually believe that black people can not be racist and make every excuse in the book for them when they are caught red handed being such.
what liberal said blacks can't be racist?

Of course since most white Liberals are ASHAMED of their race, it makes sense they would make excuses for others and blame themselves.
what white liberal is ashamed?

Well, you're free to feel offended. I don't have a guilty conscience about embracing what's right.

no no no, Val. If whites would embrace what is right, all the other races would be truly free. Since you already feel that you embrace what is right, this doesn't apply to you.

what part of "this conversation in public is over" requires further clarification? and no, i can't read PMs directed to other people, that'd be the "private" part.

I'm not going to allow that lying racist bastard to spread this lie without challenging it .. and if allowing him to spread this bullshit is required I'll gladly leave.

I've been putting up with "******" ever since I got here and I'm sick of it.

Feel free to look through my sent PM's

The double standard? Did Reverend Wright get a pass? Where was Rev Jesse Jackson yesterday? Rev Al Sharpton?

Rev Lowery is 87 years old and out of habit he uttered a phrase in the wrong tense. Sure, he could have worded it better......big deal!

You're better at making excuses than admitting the truth.

maybe in you mind but he asked the Lord to help us "work for that day when--------" implying that it has not occurred yet.
look--whites aren't going to go whining to the National Association for the Advancement of white people and demand an apology. They are merely pointing out the guys attitude.

If whites were the minority you'd bet your soprry ass they would.

now you've all been bagged.

assumptions and whining.....

I was correct: whining whites who are thinner skinned than a foreskin are embarrassing the rest of us normal not so weenie sensitive ones....the majority:lol:

no no no, Val. If whites would embrace what is right, all the other races would be truly free. Since you already feel that you embrace what is right, this doesn't apply to you.

Well, then it's ALL your fault then, isn't it? :tongue:

Seriously, it was a bad choice to end an otherwise inspirational benediction. Give the old man a break, he wanted to say that poem just once more, for old time sake!

very true---but one would think those that feel persecuted would be a little more motivated to act on it. Who are the one's suffering the most here ?
Discrimination against color/race/creed/sex hurts everyone dillo. It really is that simple.

I have been discriminated against for the majority of my life. Being female it appears many males in mid positions have sought to rule over me in their on vain precepts. I could write an entire book full of the shit I have faced over the years out of shear hatred and resentment from men who did not believe a woman should be in the positions that I have been in. Most of those were white males.
Does that mean I hold all white males responsible for what ignorant men did to me? No. It does though in fact need to be kept in mind so another does not suffer the same fate as I have already had to face.

In all that I do have a soft spot for those who suffer the woes of discriminatory actions by others.

I have been treated with kindness from people of all races. In that I know people are merely people regardless of what the color of their skin is.

Is he really 87? My god, then he should be cut some slack. These idiots in this thread are attacking an old man that actually has every right to say what he did.

How incredibly pathetic.

I'm not going to allow that lying racist bastard to spread this lie without challenging it .. and if allowing him to spread this bullshit is required I'll gladly leave.

I've been putting up with "******" ever since I got here and I'm sick of it.

Feel free to look through my sent PM's

i'll type this very slowly so you can understand it. i can't read anyone's PMs, sent or otherwise, but my own, unless they're forwarded to me. i'm really not interested in which of you two alleged adults said what to whom. this is the last time i'm going to address this. if you bring it up again on the boards, you'll be taking a vacation. feel free to send me or another mod/admin a PM if you want to continue this conversation, but i have to tell you up front i'm growing weary of this whole topic. thanks.

If whites were the minority you'd bet your soprry ass they would.

now you've all been bagged.

assumptions and whining.....

I was correct: whining whites who are thinner skinned than a foreskin are embarrassing the rest of us normal not so weenie sensitive ones....the majority:lol:

Pure speculation----if this administration expects to be successful and maintain the current support it has from MILLIONS of whites,I suggest they quit blaming whites for their problems and get on with it.

Forum List

Back