Indiana House passes "religious freedom" bill

My home state doing it right, well done Indiana, well done

Indiana House passes "religious freedom" bill 63-31

INDIANAPOLIS -The debate over the Religious Freedom Restoration Act is now over. The Indiana House of Representatives overwhelmingly endorsed the bill in a 63-31 vote Monday afternoon.

It now goes back to the Senate to make sure everybody agrees with some changes. Then it heads to the governor's desk for his signature.

Governor Mike Pence says he is looking forward to signing the bill into law, but not everyone is happy about that.

Indiana House passes religious freedom bill 63-31 - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Bummer. Gonna suck when it's struck down as unconstitutional.

Where does the constitution force a person to bake a cake they don't want to bake? Isn't that involuntary servitude?

It's the Equal Accomodation laws. You know, those things you can't stand but I swore to uphold.

Should have never targeted Christians...now you have the blow back, stupid people

You really don't think it is over do you?

Yeah, it's Indiana, invariably for some reason that state gets what it wants

How about we call it "We dont give a shit what you think you'll do it our way Act"?

That verbage is reserved for the SC ruling

So when oppression you agree with comes from the SC, its OK then, right?

I don't believe that Christians should legally be oppressing or discriminating against gay couples in the public arena. Yes I believe it will take a SC ruling to force some states to stop allowing that form of oppression/discrimination.

But its OK to oppress Christians? Despite the constitutional right to free exercise of Religion?

and how is having to go to another baker or photographer "oppression"?
Its more oppressive than saying a person has to submit to the state or lose their ability to make a living?

Conducting business in the public arena is not oppression.
A person's leased premises are not the public arena.

Indiana is a shit hole.

I can't name one interesting thing that state has to offer except the Indy 500, and the Colts.

This bill should be called the "freedom to be a filthy ignorant bible thumping bigot" act

I'll add Indiana to the list of states I'll pray secede from the union.
You are from California...the armpit of America.

INDIANAPOLIS -The debate over the Religious Freedom Restoration Act is now over. The Indiana House of Representatives overwhelmingly endorsed the bill in a 63-31 vote Monday afternoon.

It now goes back to the Senate to make sure everybody agrees with some changes. Then it heads to the governor's desk for his signature.

Governor Mike Pence says he is looking forward to signing the bill into law, but not everyone is happy about that.

Where does the constitution force a person to bake a cake they don't want to bake? Isn't that involuntary servitude?

NO

Ah, the " it's not wrong because its fucking over people I don't like" retort.

Nothing but a cowardly bully, letting government push people around instead of having the balls to do it yourself.

Pussy.

WOW.......you got all that out of a one word answer? You need to learn to separate what is said in the real world and what the voices in your head say.

A person's leased premises are not the public arena.

Do you know where this comes from ""Places of public accommodation, resort or amusement" includes any place, store or other establishment, either licensed or unlicensed, that supplies goods or services to the general public or that solicits or accepts the patronage or trade of the general public, or that is supported directly or indirectly by government funds..."?

>>>>

How about we call it "We dont give a shit what you think you'll do it our way Act"?

I don't believe that Christians should legally be oppressing or discriminating against gay couples in the public arena. Yes I believe it will take a SC ruling to force some states to stop allowing that form of oppression/discrimination.

But its OK to oppress Christians? Despite the constitutional right to free exercise of Religion?

Its more oppressive than saying a person has to submit to the state or lose their ability to make a living?

Why does a person give up their rights to conduct a business? Nice attempt at a dodge, but as usual, it fails.

You are giving a person a choice: go against your morals or go out of business. That is oppression any way you look at it, but its oppression you agree to.

at least have the balls to admit it.

The homofacists are their supporters bawl when someone stands up to the agenda to normalize their perversions

NO

Nothing but a cowardly bully, letting government push people around instead of having the balls to do it yourself.

Pussy.

WOW.......you got all that out of a one word answer? You need to learn to separate what is said in the real world and what the voices in your head say.

All I need to ID a fucking asshole who likes to let others do his dirty work.

Bwock Bwock Bwock.

It's the Equal Accomodation laws. You know, those things you can't stand but I swore to uphold.

Should have never targeted Christians...now you have the blow back, stupid people

I suppose we will see soon enough. Care to make a little wager on the final outcome?

I suppose we will see soon enough. Care to make a little wager on the final outcome?

Illinois's law remains untouched....careful

NO

Pussy.

All I need to ID a fucking asshole who likes to let others do his dirty work.

Bwock Bwock Bwock.

You need a lot more than that, but sadly you aren't capable of figuring that out.

Anyone "oppressing" Christians? What businesses are not serving Christians? They would have to put up a sign too.

Simple question. Do you see government forcing of a person to provide a service against their beliefs as oppression or not?

If the government forced you to do something you don't want to do are you not oppressed by them?

If the service is part of the regular business service that the business provides to the public and the person or persons seeking service do not share the same sexual orientation as the business owners then I believe that is discrimination.

The government forces me to do stuff all the time that I don't want to do. I don't want to come to a full and complete stop at every stop sign. I want to be able to go to a bar and drink and smoke at the same time. I want to go 70 in a 55 on the freeway..........I don't want to be subject to a fine if I don't buckle up or I forget to wear a helmut.....

Typical right-wing hypocrisy. Less government control mandated by more government control. Epic. And incredibly stupid.

How Christian it is to discriminate!

Typical right-wing hypocrisy. Less government control mandated by more government control. Epic. And incredibly stupid.

How Christian it is to discriminate!
suck-it-up.png

Illinois's law remains untouched....careful

Care to make a little wager on the final outcome?

What a great law! When a white Nazi opens a diner he can put up a "Whites Only" sign because he might have a religion that thinks blacks are devils.

If a stranded motorist is a little limp wristed a tow truck driver can abandon him.

The American Taliban is alive and well on this site.

Forum List

Back