Interracial relationships

Interracial relationships

• Total voters
Skin color. That's what it boils down to. People are people. Period.

What about cultures and traditions?

If you seriously value the culture and traditions of any particular race of people (or all of them) - Then why do anything to dilute it?

Interracial marriages do just that.

I pity anyone who chooses a mate based on criteria that is mainly about what their grandparents and ancestors did, instead of choosing one that fits them and their life. People should love and marry the person who compliments them best and makes their life fuller and better. To do otherwise is to sacrifice your own happiness for people who no longer exist.

If you seriously value the culture and traditions of any particular race of people (or all of them) - Then why do anything to dilute it?

I pity anyone who chooses a mate based on criteria that is mainly about what their grandparents and ancestors did, instead of choosing one that fits them and their life. People should love and marry the person who compliments them best and makes their life fuller and better. To do otherwise is to sacrifice your own happiness for people who no longer exist.

I don't disagree with you on that entirely. However, I can't ignore how it's a sure fire way to erode and dilute distinct races and cultures into oblivion.

Somebody doesn't understand culture or history.

But you can set me straight on it.

Right?

Ok... I'll bite.

Let's hear it.

Race isn't culture, it's just an artificial/arbritrary biological definition.

Right?

Ok... I'll bite.

Let's hear it.

Cultures always change. That is the nature of culture. Humans have always interacted wherever and whenever possible. Nothing to fear.

So....are you one of those folks that think race should stick to race or is it ok (in your opinion) for mixing of the races?

Thought I'd ask cuz I was chatting with my friend and she said she gets more flack from blacks than she does whites when they are out to dinner or going to a movie (she is white..he is black). Personally, I think it's pretty sad that folks see skin color instead of two people who love each other. And....mixed babies are gorgeous!

This question pertains to black with white, asian with black or white, hispanic with black or white or asian and all vice versa.

Your opinions are...........?
I am white and my husband is hispanic. My first day on this board I was told by a member that being a race mixer was punishable by death in his opinion. I was astonished. Being from NY, I have never heard such rhetoric.
But to me race does not make a person. It does not play a factor in how I view, relate to, interact with, and chose to build relationships with people at all.

When I was younger , I perhaps did some of all the things you listed, and I am sure the women enjoyed it. I think much of the attraction was physical back then; how a man looks and shapes. But now I think those things are still attractions, but women are looking at how they " Sense a man" , looking at how he thinks and what kind of demeanor he has. His spirit, you know, our ways and being.

If they find a man that their spirit likes, and he appeals directly to her sexual desires; then I think she will be happy and things could grow from there.
I'm inclined to believe the attraction that draws White women to Black men is primarily physical rather than anything spiritual, intellectual, or purely emotional. Because I can't imagine women being drawn to a man who is short, 200 pounds overweight with bad breath, rotten teeth and balding -- no matter how "nice" he is.

If we examine historical literature, beginning with Shakespeare's, Othello, we find that sex appeal between the gender holds that men are attracted to fair (white) maidens, while women are attracted to men who are tall, dark (presumably black), and handsome. The implication of this observation is affirmed by the fact that finding White women in the company of Black men is increasingly common (owing to proportionately increasing acceptance of integration) while finding Black women in the company of White men is consistently rare.

Edith Piaf, the former prostitute and beloved French cabaret singer of the 1920s, shocked the women (and enlightened the men) of Europe and America during that era by saying deep in the soul of even the most demure and seemingly chaste woman rests a wanton whore whose smoldering passions long for release. Piaf also raised eyebrows in Paris and New York by brazenly appearing in public in the company of Black men.

What do you think of the idea that consorting with a Black man enables a White woman to release the raging whore within her, the hidden persona which cannot, or will not, respond to the attentions of a White lover. Shakespeare delicately suggests exactly this circumstance in his descriptions of Desdemona's attraction to Othello, the Black Moor? Your descriptions of the sexual responses of the White women you've known clearly suggest a release from inhibition.

If this is true the remaining question is whether the inhibition is rooted in sociological or psychological factors, or a little of both.

When I was younger , I perhaps did some of all the things you listed, and I am sure the women enjoyed it. I think much of the attraction was physical back then; how a man looks and shapes. But now I think those things are still attractions, but women are looking at how they " Sense a man" , looking at how he thinks and what kind of demeanor he has. His spirit, you know, our ways and being.

If they find a man that their spirit likes, and he appeals directly to her sexual desires; then I think she will be happy and things could grow from there.
I'm inclined to believe the attraction that draws White women to Black men is primarily physical rather than anything spiritual, intellectual, or purely emotional. Because I can't imagine women being drawn to a man who is short, 200 pounds overweight with bad breath, rotten teeth and balding -- no matter how "nice" he is.

If we examine historical literature, beginning with Shakespeare's, Othello, we find that sex appeal between the gender holds that men are attracted to fair (white) maidens, while women are attracted to men who are tall, dark (presumably black), and handsome. The implication of this observation is affirmed by the fact that finding White women in the company of Black men is increasingly common (owing to proportionately increasing acceptance of integration) while finding Black women in the company of White men is consistently rare.

Edith Piaf, the former prostitute and beloved French cabaret singer of the 1920s, shocked the women (and enlightened the men) of Europe and America during that era by saying deep in the soul of even the most demure and seemingly chaste woman rests a wanton whore whose smoldering passions long for release. Piaf also raised eyebrows in Paris and New York by brazenly appearing in public in the company of Black men.

What do you think of the idea that consorting with a Black man enables a White woman to release the raging whore within her, the hidden persona which cannot, or will not, respond to the attentions of a White lover. Shakespeare delicately suggests exactly this circumstance in his descriptions of Desdemona's attraction to Othello, the Black Moor? Your descriptions of the sexual responses of the White women you've known clearly suggest a release from inhibition.

If this is true the remaining question is whether the inhibition is rooted in sociological or psychological factors, or a little of both.

I think a bit of both, and a few more things could factor in as well. The sex could serve to only draw her into the man, but his intellect can keep her with him. His character can prolong the session to create a marriage , and his emotional content my be her dream come true.

Of course this would be hard for most White men to accept; and I understand why. A penis does not have a brain , or character ; but it may have emotional content?? It just might!

I am white and my husband is hispanic. My first day on this board I was told by a member that being a race mixer was punishable by death in his opinion. I was astonished. Being from NY, I have never heard such rhetoric.
But to me race does not make a person. It does not play a factor in how I view, relate to, interact with, and chose to build relationships with people at all.
I was raised in and lived most of my life in New York. I've known many Hispanics, most of whom I think of as White (as are Italians). Some Hispanics are Black and some are a mixture of Black and various South American Indian derivatives.

Re: the race-mixing comment: Don't be surprised by anything you read in this forum. While most of the participants are reasonable and friendly there are a few whose prescriptions need adjustment.

I was raised in and lived most of my life in New York. I've known many Hispanics, most of whom I think of as White (as are Italians). Some Hispanics are Black and some are a mixture of Black and various South American Indian derivatives.

Re: the race-mixing comment: Don't be surprised by anything you read in this forum. While most of the participants are reasonable and friendly there are a few whose prescriptions need adjustment.
I am half sicilian and half Irish (some consider me mixed) he is half Irish half puerto rican. I am from a very diverse city and just don't understand how people can discriminate based on skin color.

If it weren't so pathetic, it would be funny how some weaklings obsess over non-issues like skin color. Talk about losers...

Didn't you miss my thread on what separates the races? Genetically, physical appearance and nothing else. Attitudes and intelligence have more to do with how someone is raised.
Darker people are more tropical people, and more tropical people had much different natural selections, their attitudes, and intelligence is much different than ours.

Race is an artificial concept designed to divide us. "Mixing" therefore is irrelevant.
The idea that humankind is a mammalian animal species is unacceptable to some, thus the substitute designation, "race." But use of the word race when referring to the taxonomic divisions within the human species becomes awkward when the concept of a human "race" arises. I must ask, do I belong to the Caucasian "race" or to the Human "race?" That simple equation summarily dismisses the validity and usefulness of the word race with regard to divisions within the human species.

The simple reality is we humans are another species of animal and, as is it within other animal types, our species is divided into recognizable sub-species, each manifesting its own uniquely distinguishable physical and behavioral characteristics.

Another commonly used term for sub-species when referring to varying types within a "lesser" animal category is, breed -- as in, "Another breed of cat."
So you're saying that the various races are "sub species " of the "human race" ?? I don't think so. That are just a different variety like different color roses are.
Different color roses are identical, except for color.

Different "colored" humans literally have noticeable differences throughout the body that don't even account for skin "color".
Our genetics differ in physical appearance alone.

You know, I like the quote that the French have concerning mixing the races..........

"In the dark, all cats are grey", meaning that skin color doesn't really matter.

I adopted that attitude when I joined the Navy.
Before the navy did you think differently of race?

Right?

Ok... I'll bite.

Let's hear it.

Cultures always change. That is the nature of culture. Humans have always interacted wherever and whenever possible. Nothing to fear.

So, since cultures always gradually change over time.... it's perfectly ok to force change it by mixing it up with other races and other heritages too. Right?

Anything goes!

Then, one day.... the race and or culture is lost. Too few numbers to keep it alive anymore. But, who cares? Right? We can always just read about the way it was or used to be in the history books. That's good enough for everybody.

Right?

Ok... I'll bite.

Let's hear it.

So, since cultures always gradually change over time.... it's perfectly ok to force change it by mixing it up with other races and other heritages too. Right?

Anything goes!

Then, one day.... the race and or culture is lost. Too few numbers to keep it alive anymore. But, who cares? Right? We can always just read about the way it was or used to be in the history books. That's good enough for everybody.
We're heading that way, and fast. Don't like it? Better find another country.

The Changing Face of America

Race is an artificial concept designed to divide us. "Mixing" therefore is irrelevant.
The idea that humankind is a mammalian animal species is unacceptable to some, thus the substitute designation, "race." But use of the word race when referring to the taxonomic divisions within the human species becomes awkward when the concept of a human "race" arises. I must ask, do I belong to the Caucasian "race" or to the Human "race?" That simple equation summarily dismisses the validity and usefulness of the word race with regard to divisions within the human species.

The simple reality is we humans are another species of animal and, as is it within other animal types, our species is divided into recognizable sub-species, each manifesting its own uniquely distinguishable physical and behavioral characteristics.

Another commonly used term for sub-species when referring to varying types within a "lesser" animal category is, breed -- as in, "Another breed of cat."
So you're saying that the various races are "sub species " of the "human race" ?? I don't think so. That are just a different variety like different color roses are.
Different color roses are identical, except for color.

Different "colored" humans literally have noticeable differences throughout the body that don't even account for skin "color".
Our genetics differ in physical appearance alone.
Which goes far beyond just skin color.

Forum List

Back