Is America coming apart?

I personally am tired of all of the crap in this country now. I am not necessarily saying other places are better, but in America you are not even allowed one second away from the non-stop, 24/7 BS.

Americans think of themselves as little gods. It's really annoying. You aren't a god, you are a human being who craps and dies.
Are you free in your country?

Still waiting for that trickle down are you?

Trickle down means when you buy something, the purchase trickles down the pipeline of people who manufactured, transported and sold you the product. Everyone benefits even if in a small way. Regardless if it's a bottle of shampoo or a new car, think of all the people along the way that manufactured each component as part of their jobs. Lower income tax means folks have more disposable income and that drives the economy. If you're still confused, ask your mommy to use words you can understand.

The problem comes when the govt starts giving the rich money in an effort to make trickle down, and it doesn't work because the rich hoard their money.

You got that backwards. The rich give the government the greatest share in their taxes. Without the rich, our government would be living on a shoe string and city hall would be a rundown dilapidated and abandoned Sears department store.

The rich give the greatest amount of money, but where do they get that money from? From the labor of the poorer workers they employ.

It does not grow on trees.

Without employment, "poorer workers" would become homeless or aimless.

Well, maybe they'd just start their own business.

But there's a certain amount of give and take here. A theory of just trickle down or trickle up wouldn't work. The rich need the poorer people, the poorer people don't need the rich, they can make jobs for themselves. I've been to poorer countries where larger business make up only a small part of all business. Small businesses thrive, usually a person in a small box of a place, this is where they live and sleep and work all day and survive without the rich.

The US and other countries have become too large business centered. You go to a high street in the UK and you'll see the same shops in one part as another part. Same in US malls and German high streets and in most other developed countries.

If you want to encourage smaller businesses then you reduce taxes for smaller businesses, not larger ones.

America once had a strong middle class, sound institutions, a real sense of community and was a place where ordinary, decent people actually could get ahead, especially with an honest work ethic.

That America seems to have disappeared and in the words of George Packer, today’s middle class seems to have slipped into a state of permanent poverty.

AUDIO
Is America coming apart?
:boohoo:

Get a grip. It is better in many ways, it is worse in some ways. That's reality. That is how things always are. Nostalgia is not reality.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." A more apt paradox has never been expressed. Your description of how America was in the past is pure fantasy.

Trickle down means when you buy something, the purchase trickles down the pipeline of people who manufactured, transported and sold you the product. Everyone benefits even if in a small way. Regardless if it's a bottle of shampoo or a new car, think of all the people along the way that manufactured each component as part of their jobs. Lower income tax means folks have more disposable income and that drives the economy. If you're still confused, ask your mommy to use words you can understand.

The problem comes when the govt starts giving the rich money in an effort to make trickle down, and it doesn't work because the rich hoard their money.

You got that backwards. The rich give the government the greatest share in their taxes. Without the rich, our government would be living on a shoe string and city hall would be a rundown dilapidated and abandoned Sears department store.

The rich give the greatest amount of money, but where do they get that money from? From the labor of the poorer workers they employ.

It does not grow on trees.

Without employment, "poorer workers" would become homeless or aimless.

But there's a certain amount of give and take here. A theory of just trickle down or trickle up wouldn't work. The rich need the poorer people, the poorer people don't need the rich, they can make jobs for themselves. I've been to poorer countries where larger business make up only a small part of all business. Small businesses thrive, usually a person in a small box of a place, this is where they live and sleep and work all day and survive without the rich.

The US and other countries have become too large business centered. You go to a high street in the UK and you'll see the same shops in one part as another part. Same in US malls and German high streets and in most other developed countries.

If you want to encourage smaller businesses then you reduce taxes for smaller businesses, not larger ones.
I agree with you in concept....it's,your execution I disagree with....

You focus on taxes, but that is just a symptom you're treating....I would rather reduce .gov......reducing .gov raises all boats and levels the playing field of opportunity....

That America seems to have disappeared and in the words of George Packer, today’s middle class seems to have slipped into a state of permanent poverty.

With the exception of the homeless, nobody in the U.S. lives in poverty.
You are out of your mind.

Poverty Facts | Poverty Rate, Poverty Thresholds ... - Poverty USA
www.povertyusa.org › The State of Poverty
Poverty Facts. The Population of Poverty USA. In 2014, 47 million people lived in Poverty USA. That means the poverty rate for 2014 was 15%. The 2014 poverty ...►
11 Facts About Education and Poverty in America | DoSomething.org ...
https://www.dosomething.org/.../facts/11-facts-about-education-and-po...
Do Something
What is the "Poverty Line," anyway? According to the 2011 U.S. Census Bureau, it is a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children under 18) that earns less than $23,021.
Hunger Facts & Poverty Statistics | Feeding America®
www.feedingamerica.org/...america/...poverty/hunger-and-poverty-f...
Feeding America
Read on for national hunger and poverty facts and statistics, or visit Map the Meal Gap for state-specific information. ... 48.1 million Americans lived in food insecure households, including 32.8 million adults and 15.3 million children. 14 percent of households (17.4 million ...

People also ask

How many people are food insecure in the US?

How many people are starving in the United States?

What percent of American families live in poverty?

What percentage of children in the US live in poverty?

21 Facts About The Explosive Growth Of Poverty In America That Will ...
www.washingtonsblog.com/.../21-facts-about-the-explosive-growth-of-poverty-in-am...
Nov 3, 2015 - What you are about to see is more evidence that the growth of poverty in the United States is wildly out of control. It turns out that there is a ...
Poverty in the United States - National Poverty Center | University of ...
www.npc.umich.edu/poverty/
University of Michigan
NPC > Poverty Facts ... How does the United States measure poverty? ... The United Statesdetermines the official poverty rate using poverty thresholds that are ...
Hunger in America: 2016 United States Hunger and Poverty Facts ...
www.worldhunger.org/hunger-in-america-2015-united-states-hunger-and-poverty-fa...
Hunger in America: 2016 United States Hunger and Poverty Facts. image001 St. George's, an Episcopal church in Fredericksburg, Virginia, runs a daily food ...
15 Facts That Will Change The Way You Think Of Poverty In America
www.buzzfeed.com/.../facts-that-will-change-the-way-you-think-of-poverty-in-am
Nov 4, 2014 - 15 Facts That Will Change The Way You Think Of Poverty In America. Just because it can be hard to see doesn't mean it's not there. posted on ...

Try stepping outside of the country one time in your life and realize how grossly uninformed you are
I've been to Europe 24 times and speak French and Spanish fluently. You were in the service and learned nada.

Try Asia, Africa, South America, etc. You will find the true meaning of poverty.

Small businesses thrive, usually a person in a small box of a place, this is where they live and sleep and work all day and survive without the rich.

The problem with that is small businesses need a whole lot of support but 99% of the time do not get it. Hell, even a lemonade stand gets raided by the cops today. :laugh:

With the exception of the homeless, nobody in the U.S. lives in poverty.
You are out of your mind.

Poverty Facts | Poverty Rate, Poverty Thresholds ... - Poverty USA
www.povertyusa.org › The State of Poverty
Poverty Facts. The Population of Poverty USA. In 2014, 47 million people lived in Poverty USA. That means the poverty rate for 2014 was 15%. The 2014 poverty ...►
11 Facts About Education and Poverty in America | DoSomething.org ...
https://www.dosomething.org/.../facts/11-facts-about-education-and-po...
Do Something
What is the "Poverty Line," anyway? According to the 2011 U.S. Census Bureau, it is a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children under 18) that earns less than $23,021.
Hunger Facts & Poverty Statistics | Feeding America®
www.feedingamerica.org/...america/...poverty/hunger-and-poverty-f...
Feeding America
Read on for national hunger and poverty facts and statistics, or visit Map the Meal Gap for state-specific information. ... 48.1 million Americans lived in food insecure households, including 32.8 million adults and 15.3 million children. 14 percent of households (17.4 million ...

People also ask

How many people are food insecure in the US?

How many people are starving in the United States?

What percent of American families live in poverty?

What percentage of children in the US live in poverty?

21 Facts About The Explosive Growth Of Poverty In America That Will ...
www.washingtonsblog.com/.../21-facts-about-the-explosive-growth-of-poverty-in-am...
Nov 3, 2015 - What you are about to see is more evidence that the growth of poverty in the United States is wildly out of control. It turns out that there is a ...
Poverty in the United States - National Poverty Center | University of ...
www.npc.umich.edu/poverty/
University of Michigan
NPC > Poverty Facts ... How does the United States measure poverty? ... The United Statesdetermines the official poverty rate using poverty thresholds that are ...
Hunger in America: 2016 United States Hunger and Poverty Facts ...
www.worldhunger.org/hunger-in-america-2015-united-states-hunger-and-poverty-fa...
Hunger in America: 2016 United States Hunger and Poverty Facts. image001 St. George's, an Episcopal church in Fredericksburg, Virginia, runs a daily food ...
15 Facts That Will Change The Way You Think Of Poverty In America
www.buzzfeed.com/.../facts-that-will-change-the-way-you-think-of-poverty-in-am
Nov 4, 2014 - 15 Facts That Will Change The Way You Think Of Poverty In America. Just because it can be hard to see doesn't mean it's not there. posted on ...

Try stepping outside of the country one time in your life and realize how grossly uninformed you are
I've been to Europe 24 times and speak French and Spanish fluently. You were in the service and learned nada.

Oh, France and Spain? Well then, you clearly know all about poverty :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Go visit South America or Africa or certain parts of Asia sometime and then tell me all about American "poverty."

I've been to 7 countries in southern Africa, two in northern Africa, five in South America, various in Asia, I've seen the slums right next to the presidential palace in Asuncion in Paraguay, I've seen single roomed brick boxes with metal on the roof in many places, and I've been to Washington DC, Chicago, New Orleans etc and I've seen poverty in all of these places. In the US poverty is still poverty, people still fall below a line. In the US you have people with nothing living on the streets maybe more than other places, poverty might be different in a first world country compared to a third world country, but that doesn't mean it's any worse in a third world country.

People who are in poverty in the US see all the riches around them and realize they can't have it, it must be very demoralizing, especially when you see all those you know in it too.

At home or in the bushes while they huddle with the leaves against the freezing cold at night? There are thousands of work-at-home schemes, and they do not require attachments to this world. I tried it myself in the 60's and replied to an ad in the back of a magazine. The idea was to send out as many letters as possible, asking each recipient to send me a dollar in exchange for a little drawing I could make and Xerox off to them. If you sent enough letters out, you might get many bills in return. I gave it thought for days but ultimately decided it was too much work for chump change.

Small businesses thrive, usually a person in a small box of a place, this is where they live and sleep and work all day and survive without the rich.

The problem with that is small businesses need a whole lot of support but 99% of the time do not get it. Hell, even a lemonade stand gets raided by the cops today. :laugh:

Well, it's like I've said: Politicians stand up "We support small businesses" and then hand massive tax breaks to large corporations, destroying smaller businesses.

Well, it's like I've said: Politicians stand up "We support small businesses" and then hand massive tax breaks to large corporations, destroying smaller businesses.

Small business is the exception to the rule. The government controls everything, but they do not have to lift a finger in these cases. Small business has so many pitfalls gravity itself will rule it.

At home or in the bushes while they huddle with the leaves against the freezing cold at night? There are thousands of work-at-home schemes, and they do not require attachments to this world. I tried it myself in the 60's and replied to an ad in the back of a magazine. The idea was to send out as many letters as possible, asking each recipient to send me a dollar in exchange for a little drawing I could make and Xerox off to them. If you sent enough letters out, you might get many bills in return. I gave it thought for days but ultimately decided it was too much work for chump change.

I'm not a business person, but I think a lot of people realize just how hard it is to start a business when from day one you're competing with the big boys with so much money. It's possible, and you can be more flexible than the bigger companies.

The scheme you talk about just isn't for most people, they want to start a proper business they can actually believe in.

Small business is the exception to the rule. The government controls everything, but they do not have to lift a finger in these cases. Small business has so many pitfalls gravity itself will rule it.

But with help, they'd be far more likely to succeed.

Who is going to help them: Their mama or their baby daddy? Maybe, Lady Luck will materialize in a bikini and wear a sticker sign on her ass for the advertising. :lol:

I'm not a business person, but I think a lot of people realize just how hard it is to start a business when from day one you're competing with the big boys with so much money. It's possible, and you can be more flexible than the bigger companies.

The scheme you talk about just isn't for most people, they want to start a proper business they can actually believe in.

I only took General Business I & II in high school, but a two-year-old could come up with better ideas than this.

Who is going to help them: Their mama or their baby daddy? Maybe, Lady Luck will materialize in a bikini and wear a sticker sign on her ass for the advertising. :lol:

Seeing as they'll give large corporations low, LOW tax, why not change it and give small businesses with a low number of employees this low tax, and the larger corporations a higher tax?

I only took General Business I & II in high school, but a two-year-old could come up with better ideas than this.

What ideas? I didn't present any ideas.

What ideas? I didn't present any ideas.

Excuse me, I meant notions. :puke3:

Seeing as they'll give large corporations low, LOW tax, why not change it and give small businesses with a low number of employees this low tax, and the larger corporations a higher tax?

Isn't that the way it works now?

Forum List

Back