Is an Opinion of the Supreme Court the ‘Law of the Land’? Let’s ask Thomas Jefferson. . .

You know what's absurd? Believing the supreme court doesn't have the power of judicial review

You miss the point. Courts are free to give their opinion that a law is unconstitutional. But should that mean the law is repealed??? If so, then you're giving the judges legislative power.

You know what's absurd? Believing the supreme court doesn't have the power of judicial review

You miss the point. Courts are free to give their opinion that a law is unconstitutional. But should that mean the law is repealed??? If so, then you're giving the judges legislative power.
and as has been pointed out to you, when the opinion that a law is unconstitutional is rendered the law is not repealed. it is merely unenforceable.
do you believe that our government should enforce unconstitutional laws or should they respect the supremacy of the constitution?

it could be claimed that nullification of a law deemed not valid, is not the power of Repeal or Legislation.

No...you don't know your U.S. government very well...To "repeal" a law is for the legislation to take it back...when the Court strikes down an unConstitutional law, it is "struck down", unenforcible.

it could be claimed that nullification of a law deemed not valid, is not the power of Repeal or Legislation.

HAHAHA. Is that the best you got? You claim nullifying a law is NOT repealing it??? uraloonybird
Yes; un-Constitutional laws are null and void, from Inception.
And where is this power given to the court in the Constitution?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
Articles III and VI.

No...you don't know your U.S. government very well...To "repeal" a law is for the legislation to take it back...when the Court strikes down an unConstitutional law, it is "struck down", unenforcible.

HAHAHA. That's truly pathetic. You rename something and claim it's entirely different!!! Everyone knows that striking down a law is the same as repealing it. THINK

HAHAHA. Is that the best you got? You claim nullifying a law is NOT repealing it??? uraloonybird

It is a social Power not delegated by the People via our social Contract.

Articles III and VI.
Where is the wording because I think you are full of shit as normal .

It is a social Power not delegated by the People via our social Contract.
So in other words I'm it isn't there and it is power stolen by tyranny and you support it because you are a idiot

Are you asserting that the Supreme Court does NOT have the power of Judicial Review?

Are you asserting that the Supreme Court does NOT have the power of Judicial Review?
Actually it doesn't. That was a power taken by itself that allowed the Dred Scott decision. Something about you democrats wanting black people to be property. ...

Actually it doesn't. That was a power taken by itself that allowed the Dred Scott decision. Something about you democrats wanting black people to be property. ...

I agree to disagree that a supreme court is not a valid venue to discuss our supreme law of the land.

I agree to disagree that a supreme court is not a valid venue to discuss our supreme law of the land.
Did we lose our first amendment where we are not allowed to discuss things openly?

Did we lose our first amendment where we are not allowed to discuss things openly?

a court is a public venue and in the public domain; you cannot get more open than that since even the concept of perjury may apply.

Forum List

Back