Is anyone else embarrassed about this campaign?

You probably look back fondly on the Days when the Republicans always took the HIgh Road.

Gave you guys a monopoly on playing hard ball.

Bad news. Those days are over forever.

I look back fondly at the day's John McCain would tell his audience that Barack Obama was not a Muslim, that he loved America and was a good family man........he was just someone he disagreed with politically

All while Obama is telling his supporters that McCain is going to be using racism to scare voters, and his stated reason for being a member of a racist, marxist anti-american organization for twenty years, is that he didn't notice.

Yeah. LIke I said. I bet you do look back fondly at those days.

Fuck that shit. Those days are over.

Forever.
Obama never said any such thing
He was talking about the "Barack Hussein Obama" crowd. I never heard McCain use Obamas middle name

He also never belonged to a racist, Marxist, antiamerican organization

And yes, by selecting Trump, Republicans are demonstrating that they are abandoning the high road........what they deride as PC

YOur denials are noted and dismissed.

I've repeatedly posted links showing that he did say that, and he was talking about McCain.

Black liberation theology churches are exactly as I described them, and Obama's stated reason for being a member for twenty years was a lie that would not fool a retarded child.

THose days are over, forever.

Right wing propaganda. Obama never accused McCain of pulling that "Hussein" nonsense so prevalent from the right

I recommend you read all of Rev Wrights "God damn America" sermon
It is actually a well written sermon and he speaks of what happens when you put your country over God
But all Conservatives heard was the sound bite they were fed

1. He accused McCain of running a racist campaign.

2. Black Liberation Theology is a racist, marxist, and anti-american ideology posing as a Religion. That is the message that so enthralled Obama that he converted to it.

"Is anyone else embarrassed about this campaign?"

Those neither conservative nor republican are embarrassed for republicans and conservatives, of course.

I'm embarrassed that wanting to enforce the law and renegotiate bad trade deals makes Trump "radical" according to the Conventional Wisdom.

This stuff is an embarrassment to the political process.
Look at the ratings of congress and then think objectively as to what they have done....if you can call inactivity doing something.

I was on my second scotch last night when I saw this, and this morning I was thinking to myself "I must be imagining what I think I heard".

Well, I checked it out, and sadly I remembered it correctly.

So far in this campaign - and we still have a ways to go, mind you - we have had a candidate from a major party talk about the size of his dick during an official, nationally televised debate.

Now, as of yesterday, we have had the main opponent of that candidate confirm that he does not want to have sex with that man.

Is anyone else embarrassed? Is this really what we want?

"And I would note that Mr. Stone is a man who has fifty years of dirty tricks behind him. He's a man for whom a term was coined for copulating with a rodent. Well let me be clear: Donald Trump may be a rat, but I have no desire to copulate with him."

After eight years of Obama, Republicans are trying to convince America that they are the responsible party who should be governing

What we get is childish name calling, taunts, bragging about penis size and comparisons of whose wife is better looking

The things that matter the most!!!

th

Why discuss boring subjects like terrorism, healthcare, national security, and the health of the middle class when we can enjoy the wonderful banter of how big Trump penis might be or which idiot would sleep with Cruz or Trump!

What a Country!

th

I look back fondly at the day's John McCain would tell his audience that Barack Obama was not a Muslim, that he loved America and was a good family man........he was just someone he disagreed with politically

All while Obama is telling his supporters that McCain is going to be using racism to scare voters, and his stated reason for being a member of a racist, marxist anti-american organization for twenty years, is that he didn't notice.

Forever.
He was talking about the "Barack Hussein Obama" crowd. I never heard McCain use Obamas middle name

And yes, by selecting Trump, Republicans are demonstrating that they are abandoning the high road........what they deride as PC

I've repeatedly posted links showing that he did say that, and he was talking about McCain.

Black liberation theology churches are exactly as I described them, and Obama's stated reason for being a member for twenty years was a lie that would not fool a retarded child.

Right wing propaganda. Obama never accused McCain of pulling that "Hussein" nonsense so prevalent from the right

It is actually a well written sermon and he speaks of what happens when you put your country over God

2. Black Liberation Theology is a racist, marxist, and anti-american ideology posing as a Religion. That is the message that so enthralled Obama that he converted to it.

Obama never accused McCain of racism. He did warn that the right, particularly the media, would try to make fun of his non-traditional name...he was right

Forever.

Obama never accused McCain of racism. He did warn that the right, particularly the media, would try to make fun of his non-traditional name...he was right

I was thinking more of the time he accused McCain of using his non white looks to scare American voters.

And McCain commented on it and then let the matter drop.

AND refused to use Obama's twenty year membership in a racist, marxist and anti-american organization against him.

If McCain had went after Obama like he went after his primary challenger the next election, McCain would be President now.

Instead he played nice. And lost well.

Those days are over RW.

We have discussed this before RW.

As your side's plan to permanently marginalize the Republicans and thus the majority of whites advances, that the political strife will only increase more and more as they realize that they are denied ANY hope of their interests ever being addressed on a national level again.

Oh, that's right. YOu didn't believe me. You thought that they would just quietly take their abuse like good little boys.

You still believe that?

I was thinking more of the time he accused McCain of using his non white looks to scare American voters.

AND refused to use Obama's twenty year membership in a racist, marxist and anti-american organization against him.

If McCain had went after Obama like he went after his primary challenger the next election, McCain would be President now.

Those days are over RW.

As your side's plan to permanently marginalize the Republicans and thus the majority of whites advances, that the political strife will only increase more and more as they realize that they are denied ANY hope of their interests ever being addressed on a national level again.

Oh, that's right. YOu didn't believe me. You thought that they would just quietly take their abuse like good little boys.

You still believe that?
Obama never belonged to a racist, marxist and anti-american organization

The campaign where Hillary already has thousands and thousands of Super Delegates already committed to her.
The campaign where Hillary wins most of the coin flips and cutting of the cards in close races.
The campaign where Hillary beats Sanders handily and gets pretty much all the delegates
and when Sanders totally destroys Hillary she gets pretty much the same amount of delegates as Sanders.

That campaign?

Those days are over RW.

You still believe that?
Obama never belonged to a racist, marxist and anti-american organization

That is what Black Liberation Theology is all about.

McCain, should have ridiculed Obama for claiming to have not noticed over twenty years.

The actual Intersting aspect of it is the reaction the left has. Predictably, they act as though they are offended. Chiding down on us from the moral platitudes.

Meanwhile, start a thread and ask if any of them were at all offended by the commander in chief bringing in an intern into the Oval Office and having his way with her with a cigar and God knows what else. Not only are they not offended by it, they find it admirable. They mock any conservative who was offended by those actions. They are not offended by his wife blaming the women who accused him of sexual assault. She blames all of them and the "vast right wing conspiracy."

Now, what is happening between Cruz and Trump is disgraceful and it does embarrass me. This however is not unprecedented. Far from it.

There were relentless attacks by the John Quincy Adams people on Andrew Jackson's wife during that campaign. Most consider that the dirtiest campaigns in US history.

Yes....a woman who has broken the law......time and again by using an illegal email server is the leading candidate of a party that traffics in open and proud racism.

Bwahahaha.....two of the right wing candidates are having a food fight instead of a debate, they're insulting each other's wives and have compared their private part's size on National TV and you're deflecting with the right-wing wannabe scandal about Hillary using an illegal e-mail server. First of all, it wasn't illegal when she was using it....Collin Powell and Condeleeza Rice (both Republicans) did the same thing.....you all are really funny when you try to single out Hillary.

Hillary's emails 'not technically illegal'

.....now you all want to bring guns to the Republican National Convention......that's going to be a hoot!

I'm amazed at the lack of historical perspective the American voter shows. This kind of stuff has been going on in elections for 250 years. It ain't nothin' new. Your faux rage only shows how unaware you are of our history.

Abe Lincoln was accused of being gay .... the list goes on and on.

I'm amazed at the lack of historical perspective the American voter shows. This kind of stuff has been going on in elections for 250 years. It ain't nothin' new. Your faux rage only shows how unaware you are of our history.

Really? They would make fun of each other's wives, criticize the size of their penises and hurl insults at each other during the debates? You must live in a different planet.

Really? They would make fun of each other's wives, criticize the size of the penises and hurl insults during the debates? You must live in a different planet.

As a matter of fact, yes, they did ... your lack of historical perspective is showing. Do your research.

Jefferson vs. Adams - "... "hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

Jackson vs. Adams - "The Federalists called her [Jackson's wife] a "dirty black wench", a "convicted adulteress" and said she was prone to "open and notorious lewdness".

Lincoln vs. Douglas - Lincoln and another man lived in a one-room cabin before Lincoln was elected. Douglas claimed it was a 'lover's cabal'.

Cleveland vs. Blaine - " "Ma! Ma! Where's my pa?" was the chant claiming that Cleveland has fathered numerous illegitimate children.

Attacks on Ms. Garfield for being "a fat, ugly fishwife"

... and those are the ones that can be printed.

Really? Please do show reference to Lincoln being gay at or during a national debate or a nationally respected news conference.

This is one of the common tactics displayed by the new/not so new GOP. They spin everything from definitions to history recent and past to suit the latest smear.

How things have changed since Eisenhower was president. Can any serious republican imagine Ike or Barry conducting themselves the way Trump, Rubio and Cruz have acted?

No board of trustees would even consider hiring a CEO for any fortune 500 company if they acted the way the GOP candidates for the highest office on the planet have conducted themselves.

Still the cockroaches that come out of the cracks in the woodwork will swear it is just business as usual.

How embarrassing for America.

Really? They would make fun of each other's wives, criticize the size of the penises and hurl insults during the debates? You must live in a different planet.

As a matter of fact, yes, they did ... your lack of historical perspective is showing. Do your research.

Jefferson vs. Adams - "... "hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

Jackson vs. Adams - "The Federalists called her [Jackson's wife] a "dirty black wench", a "convicted adulteress" and said she was prone to "open and notorious lewdness".

Lincoln vs. Douglas - Lincoln and another man lived in a one-room cabin before Lincoln was elected. Douglas claimed it was a 'lover's cabal'.

Cleveland vs. Blaine - " "Ma! Ma! Where's my pa?" was the chant claiming that Cleveland has fathered numerous illegitimate children.

Attacks on Ms. Garfield for being "a fat, ugly fishwife"

... and those are the ones that can be printed.

You're twisting the whole thing.......sure enough party members have criticized each other throughout the ages....but Presidential candidates have never done this before on a public stage....the fact that you are trying to make it business as usual must be because you are probably of the same ilk as Trump and Cruz.

Republicans in particular have no boundaries when it comes to smearing their opponents....we saw that when Bush trashed McCain and accused him of having bred a black child.....something he knew would turn conservatives against McCain....and sure enough, it did.

The actual Intersting aspect of it is the reaction the left has. Predictably, they act as though they are offended. Chiding down on us from the moral platitudes.

You must not be paying attention........it isn't just the left that finds the Republican debates childish, offensive and useless.......many Republicans, some In official positions have voiced the same opinion.

“So is this your standard — if the supporter of a candidate and not the candidate himself does something despicable, then it’s OK for you personally, the candidate for president of the United States, to behave in that same way?” Sykes pushed back. “I mean, I expect that from a 12-year-old bully on the playground, not somebody wanting the office held by Abraham Lincoln.”
Radio Host Confronts Trump on Heidi Cruz Attack in Brutal Interview: ‘I Expect That From a 12-Year-Old Bully’

I was on my second scotch last night when I saw this, and this morning I was thinking to myself "I must be imagining what I think I heard".

Well, I checked it out, and sadly I remembered it correctly.

So far in this campaign - and we still have a ways to go, mind you - we have had a candidate from a major party talk about the size of his dick during an official, nationally televised debate.

Now, as of yesterday, we have had the main opponent of that candidate confirm that he does not want to have sex with that man.

Is anyone else embarrassed? Is this really what we want?

"And I would note that Mr. Stone is a man who has fifty years of dirty tricks behind him. He's a man for whom a term was coined for copulating with a rodent. Well let me be clear: Donald Trump may be a rat, but I have no desire to copulate with him."

Roger Stone had nothing to do with this at all. This was done by Marco Rubio's people.

Forum List

Back