Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

No. Clearly you don't know what a valid legal precedent is.

Ok, one more time.

Lets say the SC court rules that gay marriage must be sanctioned in every state, ok so far?

the basis of that ruling is equal treatment under the law and that state laws prohibiting gay marriage are discriminatory. got it?

Now, a same sex sibling couple who want to marry to reduce their tax burden appeal to a court using the gay marriage ruling as precedent. They say that they are being denied equal treatment under the law and that prohibiting their marriage is discriminatory. with me so far?

Now, what legal argument will you bring forth to prohibit them from marrying?

Will you tell them that "its just not right" "that its incest" ? their rebuttal, "who says its not right"? "why do we have to live by YOUR definition of right and wrong"? We aren't going to have sex so its not incest.

Now, what will the court do? We all know the answer, you fools just refuse to acknowledge it.
Starting with a strawman? The SC is not ruling on whether or not gay marriage must be sanctioned in every state. They are ruling on whether or not Gay marriage can be banned in any one of the States.

Yes, the basis of that decision will likely be based on equal treatment under the law and that state laws prohibiting gay marriage are discriminatory.

No, incest is against the law. Any court in the land would throw you out. Just as heterosexual marriages has never been a basis for incest neither will gay marriages ever be a basis for incest. Gay and/or hetero marriages has nothing to do with the issue of incest.

That said, if singles, pluralists, and incest depraved people want to get together and sue the feds for discrimination in the form of tax benefits for hetero and gay marriages... yes they have a chance that the court will hear that case and perhaps even establish that tax benefits for married couples is discriminatory.

But your not gonna be able to use gay marriage as a basis for making incest legal. Not gonna happen.

Additionally, you are incorrect. Over turning inter-racial marriages is a basis for overturning gay marriages. Inter-racial marriage bans was based on bigotry against blacks. Gay bans is based on bigotry against gays. Incest bans is not based on bigotry. Incest bans are based on harm to the individuals involved and harm to the potential progeny.

I have given you a logical realistic scenario that will play out in our court system if the SC rules as you want it to. It won't just be sibling marriage, it will be multiple person marriage of all kinds and they will use the exact same arguments that you are using today for SSM.

you can spin and deny and rationalize until the cows come home, but it will happen.

You have provided an opinion of yours. We are pointing out it is neither logical or realistic.

Meanwhile I believe this is day 15 of you still arguing about gay marriage after telling us all you had more important things to discuss.

As I have said many times, liberalism is a mental disease, there is no other explanation for its inherent contradictions and falacies.

Yeah you do lie a lot

Kaz- 4/29/15:
and we spend hours arguing about gay marriage???? WTF is wrong with us? And yes, I am guilty of it too.

I have made my last post on a gay thread.
I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

Why would you claim he would.

Sibling marriage is illegal.

Why would you make it legal?

Not me, but if SSM is made legal it will set a valid legal precedent for SSSM. Thats just the truth. Do you understand what the words "legal precedent" mean?

Ok, one more time.

Lets say the SC court rules that gay marriage must be sanctioned in every state, ok so far?

the basis of that ruling is equal treatment under the law and that state laws prohibiting gay marriage are discriminatory. got it?

Now, a same sex sibling couple who want to marry to reduce their tax burden appeal to a court using the gay marriage ruling as precedent. They say that they are being denied equal treatment under the law and that prohibiting their marriage is discriminatory. with me so far?

Will you tell them that "its just not right" "that its incest" ? their rebuttal, "who says its not right"? "why do we have to live by YOUR definition of right and wrong"? We aren't going to have sex so its not incest.

Now, what will the court do? We all know the answer, you fools just refuse to acknowledge it.
Starting with a strawman? The SC is not ruling on whether or not gay marriage must be sanctioned in every state. They are ruling on whether or not Gay marriage can be banned in any one of the States.

Yes, the basis of that decision will likely be based on equal treatment under the law and that state laws prohibiting gay marriage are discriminatory.

No, incest is against the law. Any court in the land would throw you out. Just as heterosexual marriages has never been a basis for incest neither will gay marriages ever be a basis for incest. Gay and/or hetero marriages has nothing to do with the issue of incest.

That said, if singles, pluralists, and incest depraved people want to get together and sue the feds for discrimination in the form of tax benefits for hetero and gay marriages... yes they have a chance that the court will hear that case and perhaps even establish that tax benefits for married couples is discriminatory.

But your not gonna be able to use gay marriage as a basis for making incest legal. Not gonna happen.

Additionally, you are incorrect. Over turning inter-racial marriages is a basis for overturning gay marriages. Inter-racial marriage bans was based on bigotry against blacks. Gay bans is based on bigotry against gays. Incest bans is not based on bigotry. Incest bans are based on harm to the individuals involved and harm to the potential progeny.

I have given you a logical realistic scenario that will play out in our court system if the SC rules as you want it to. It won't just be sibling marriage, it will be multiple person marriage of all kinds and they will use the exact same arguments that you are using today for SSM.

you can spin and deny and rationalize until the cows come home, but it will happen.
Your claim is complete nonsense. It is irrational. It is quite frankly, ludicrous. Being gay has nothing to do with incest. Gay and/or heterosexual marriage has nothing to do with incest. That you think support for gay and/or heterosexual marriages will lead to incest makes you sound, insane.

Ok, one more time.

You have provided an opinion of yours. We are pointing out it is neither logical or realistic.

Meanwhile I believe this is day 15 of you still arguing about gay marriage after telling us all you had more important things to discuss.

the point of this thread, which is appartently too complex for you, it to demostrate that gay marriage is in fact an issue that people care about and have very strong opinions on.

Maybe it is the most important issue facing us, because it will define where our society and culture go in the next few years.

What continues to amaze me is the inherent contradiction within the left. You want gay marriage because of fairness and equality, but you would deny other forms of "marriage" because you consider them abnormal or icky or dangerous to society. You are unable to comprehend that they are all symptoms of a dumbing down of society to a system where anything goes and nothing is considered wrong.

As I have said many times, liberalism is a mental disease, there is no other explanation for its inherent contradictions and falacies.
Your strong hatred of gays is clouding your judgement. Just because you hate gays and incest does not make gay relationships incestual relationships. The only link between gay marriage and incest is you.

Ok, one more time.

Yeah you do lie a lot

Kaz- 4/29/15:
and we spend hours arguing about gay marriage???? WTF is wrong with us? And yes, I am guilty of it too.

I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

I tried to get the mods to close this thread when it migrated to a discussion of whether gay marriage was the most important issue facing us to a discussion of the pros and cons of gay marriage.

The fact that it has continued proves my point. Gay marriage is a very divisive issue, no one has the answers, and neither side is willing to compromise. It has also been demonstrated that is will lead to the further decay of our society. But thats my opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

For the record, You are no more right on this than me or anyone else. There is no correct and incorrect, all there are is opinions.

We need a national referendum of some sort to resolve it, but I see zero chance of that ever happening.

Ok, one more time.

the point of this thread, which is appartently too complex for you, it to demostrate that gay marriage is in fact an issue that people care about and have very strong opinions on.

Maybe it is the most important issue facing us, because it will define where our society and culture go in the next few years.

What continues to amaze me is the inherent contradiction within the left. You want gay marriage because of fairness and equality, but you would deny other forms of "marriage" because you consider them abnormal or icky or dangerous to society. You are unable to comprehend that they are all symptoms of a dumbing down of society to a system where anything goes and nothing is considered wrong.

Your strong hatred of gays is clouding your judgement. Just because you hate gays and incest does not make gay relationships incestual relationships. The only link between your bigotry of gays and incest is you.

quote where I ever said I hate gays. You won't find it.

Catholic priests who molest choir boys are all gay, every one of them. Pedifiles are predominately gay, that has been proven.

you realy need to look up the definition of incest. Incest involves opposite sex sexual relationships within familial boundries. two sisters doing mutual carpet munching, however repulsive, is not incest.

Yeah you do lie a lot

Kaz- 4/29/15:

I tried to get the mods to close this thread when it migrated to a discussion of whether gay marriage was the most important issue facing us to a discussion of the pros and cons of gay marriage.

The fact that it has continued proves my point. Gay marriage is a very divisive issue, no one has the answers, and neither side is willing to compromise. It has also been demonstrated that is will lead to the further decay of our society. But thats my opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

For the record, You are no more right on this than me or anyone else. There is no correct and incorrect, all there are is opinions.

We need a national referendum of some sort to resolve it, but I see zero chance of that ever happening.
Which of your rights are you willing to compromise on? Life? Are you willing to give up your life for the good of the majority?

Your strong hatred of gays is clouding your judgement. Just because you hate gays and incest does not make gay relationships incestual relationships. The only link between your bigotry of gays and incest is you.

Catholic priests who molest choir boys are all gay, every one of them. Pedifiles are predominately gay, that has been proven.

you realy need to look up the definition of incest. Incest involves opposite sex sexual relationships within familial boundries. two sisters doing mutual carpet munching, however repulsive, is not incest.

You don't hate gays you just think they are PEDOPHILES and CARPET MUNCHERS.

WOW JUST WOW!!!

No, people who molest boys, are PEDOPHILES. Gay people are not pedophiles. People who have sex with consenting adults are not pedophiles, you dumb shit. And no, the majority of peds are not gay that is a baseless lie.

Yeah you do lie a lot

Kaz- 4/29/15:

You cannot control how everyone else posts in a thread- but you should be able to control how you post in a thread.

If you no longer want to talk about 'gay marriage'- stop talking about 'gay marriage'

For the record, I am actually 'more right' than you on several issues strawmen that you have raised in this thread- from the bizarre claim that more intelligent species tend to be monogamous which is the same thing as marriage, to what is considered 'legal precedent'.

Anyway- if you don't want the conversation on the right or wrong of gay marriage to continue- well stop posting about it- and I will stop responding to you.

Yeah you do lie a lot

Kaz- 4/29/15:

You cannot control how everyone else posts in a thread- but you should be able to control how

See here is the thing- you don't need to say you hate gays when you demonstrate that hatred with claims like your second line.

The Catholic Priests who molested boys might have been gay- or might not have been.

Pedophiles- by which I assume you mean child molesters - are by a large margin men who molest girls.

See- as a father of a daughter- this is an issue that I care about- so I read up on it.

The victim of child molestation is likely to be a girl between 69%-91% of the time. And men are the molesters of all children by a large margin over women.

What is sad is that making the claim that Pedifiles are predominately gay as you do actually puts children at risk. Most child molesters are family members- fathers/step fathers/brothers/uncles etc, followed by men in positions of authority over children- priests, ministers, teachers, coaches. Telling people that they should be watching out for the 'gays' just puts all children at more risk from the Jerry Sandusky's of the world. That attitude endangers children- endangers my child.

WOW JUST WOW!!!

No, people who molest boys, are PEDOPHILES. Gay people are not pedophiles. People who have sex with consenting adults are not pedophiles, you dumb shit. And no, the majority of peds are not gay that is a baseless lie.

not all gays are pediphiles, but all pediphiles are gay, draw your own conclusions.

So you are now claiming that priests who rape young boys are not gay??????? really?

I did not say the sisters partaking in carpet munching were gay, you said that.

You're still a bigot. You want to deny gays equal rights, period.

Wrong. Just the opposite has been proven. Keep displaying your ignorance though...it actually helps the pro equality side.

Yes, it's still incest, perv.

Incest involves opposite sex sexual relationships within familial boundries. two sisters doing mutual carpet munching, however repulsive, is not incest.

Sometimes I think you go out of your way to be wrong.

Definition: Incest
: sexual intercourse between people who are very closely related

Incest Law & Legal Definition

Laws vary by state, but generally, a person commits incest if he marries or engages in sexual intercourse with a person he knows to be, either legitimately or illegitimately:

1. His ancestor or descendant by blood or adoption; or
  2. His brother or sister of the whole or half-blood or by adoption; or
  3. His stepchild or stepparent, while the marriage creating the relationship exists; or
  4. His aunt, uncle, nephew or niece of the whole or half-blood.
In some states incest also includes copulation or cohabitation between first cousins, but the majority of jurisdictions permit marriage between such cousins. Incest is a crime in all states, even if consensual by both parties. However, it is often related to sexual abuse since usually the younger person is a victim of the predatory sexual activities of an older relative. Statutes generally do not require the perpetrator to be a certain number of years older than the victim. Victims of incest and sexual abuse are strongly encouraged to talk to an adult they trust to protect themselves and others from further abuse and take advantage of the many resources available to help them heal.

Laws vary by state, but the following is an example of a state law dealing with aggravated incest:

"(a) Aggravated incest is:

1. Marriage to a person who is under 18 years of age and who is known to the offender to be related to the offender as any of the following biological, step or adoptive relatives: Child, grandchild of any degree, brother, sister, half-brother, half-sister, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece; or
  2. (2) engaging in: (A) Otherwise lawful sexual intercourse or sodomy as defined by K.S.A. 21-3501 and amendments thereto; or (B) any lewd fondling, as described in subsection (a)(1) of K.S.A. 21-3503 and amendments thereto, with a person who is 16 or more years of age but under 18 years of age and who is known to the offender to be related to the offender as any of the following biological, step or adoptive relatives: Child, grandchild of any degree, brother, sister, half-brother, half-sister, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece.
(b) Aggravated incest as described in subsection (a)(2)(A) is a severity level 5, person felony. Aggravated incest as described in subsections (a)(1) and (a)(2)(B) is a severity level 7, person felony. "

WOW JUST WOW!!!

not all gays are pediphiles, but all pediphiles are gay, draw your own conclusions.

So you are now claiming that priests who rape young boys are not gay??????? really?

No. Pedophilia has NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING GAY OR HETEROSEXUAL, you dumb shit. WTF is wrong with you? Seriously? WTF is wrong with you?

Yeah you do lie a lot

Kaz- 4/29/15:

You cannot control how everyone else posts in a thread- but you should be able to control how

See here is the thing- you don't need to say you hate gays when you demonstrate that hatred with claims like your second line.

The Catholic Priests who molested boys might have been gay- or might not have been.

Pedophiles- by which I assume you mean child molesters - are by a large margin men who molest girls.

See- as a father of a daughter- this is an issue that I care about- so I read up on it.

The victim of child molestation is likely to be a girl between 69%-91% of the time. And men are the molesters of all children by a large margin over women.

What is sad is that making the claim that Pedifiles are predominately gay as you do actually puts children at risk. Most child molesters are family members- fathers/step fathers/brothers/uncles etc, followed by men in positions of authority over children- priests, ministers, teachers, coaches. Telling people that they should be watching out for the 'gays' just puts all children at more risk from the Jerry Sandusky's of the world. That attitude endangers children- endangers my child.

I have to correct something I said. not all pediphiles are gay, only the men who molest boys and the women who molest girls.

and with that, I once again request that the mods close this thread, it has served its purpose and continued posting would only be repeating what has already been said.

Yeah you do lie a lot

Kaz- 4/29/15:

I have to correct something I said. not all pediphiles are gay, only the men who molest boys and the women who molest girls.

and with that, I once again request that the mods close this thread, it has served its purpose and continued posting would only be repeating what has already been said.
No. You are again wrong. Pedophiles are people who have sex will little children. Little children are not CONSENTING ADULTS. I'll ask again. What the hell is wrong with you?

WOW JUST WOW!!!

No. Pedophilia has NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING GAY OR HETEROSEXUAL, you dumb shit. WTF is wrong with you? Seriously? WTF is wrong with you?

Bullshit, a sick male who molests little boys is GAY. a sick female who molests girls is GAY.

Yes, a male who molests girls may or may not be gay, but he is sick and should be locked away from society.

Yeah you do lie a lot

Kaz- 4/29/15:

No. You are again wrong. Pedophiles are people who have sex will little children. Little children are not CONSENTING ADULTS. I'll ask again. What the hell is wrong with you?

since that post makes no sense, I will not attempt to answer it.

Yeah you do lie a lot

Kaz- 4/29/15:

And you're still displaying your ignorance.

WOW JUST WOW!!!

Bullshit, a sick male who molests little boys is GAY. a sick female who molests girls is GAY.

Yes, a male who molests girls may or may not be gay, but he is sick and should be locked away from society.
No. NO NO NO!

They are not gay. They are pedophiles.

WOW JUST WOW!!!

More ignorance on display.

Forum List

Back