Is homosexuality a choice, a mental illness or something simply inherent?

...And not one religious zealot ever stopped being a zealot after some rational person tried disuading them. Just sayin' :)

Any differences you notice in your kids gender stereotypes is coming from you. Raise boys with blue, girls with pink and you're from that moment giving them a gender stereotype to conform to. Chances are, you'rer giving they many others as well, thus what you now observe isn't their true natures so much as the natures you imposed onto them.

You are making assumptions with regard to how I raised my kids. I didn't try to make my kids left handed or right handed. They choose on their own.

FACE THE TRUTH!!!==THE FIRST STEP WE SINNERS NEED TO WHEN SEEKING FORGIVNESS IS TO CONFESS OUR SIN IS SIN AND REPENT. BUT SEXUAL PERVERTS TRY TO SAY THEIR SIN IS NOT SIN THUS THEY COMPOUND THEIR SIN BY DENYING THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD. GPD loves the sinner but GOD hates their sin. and you??

Dear [MENTION=43831]RKMBrown[/MENTION]: For my friend I met online who identified as female, he/she reported being born with that female personality or "soul" -- predominantly female and responded to me when I addressed her as so. That was who that person naturally was.

If a person's persona is female, I understand that the "female brain" is identifiably distinct from the male brain, and in transgender studies the physical males did show key characteristics of having a larger hypothalamus of female brains (and also greater ability of gay men to cross over both sides of the brain, but still not at the level of women).

So what makes a certain "soul or personality" incarnate or develop physically in a body?

Does it start on a "spiritual level," then manifest in genetics and brain development, and then in how people interact physically in relations with others in the social environment?

When I frame it by spiritual determination first, then the genetic and physical factors after that, this seems to explain more of the situations, including whether or not people experienced change, and also what social factors and relations with people are involved. Even if we can't tell how much is genetic or environmental, isn't the common factor in whether or not people change, determined by their spiritual identity to begin with?

It does show that our genes are pre-programmed with the instructions to make us sexual. I have noted in quite a few males who are gay decidedly female speech, appearance, and behavior patterns. Learned through culture? Do females act as they do solely on culture? I think it's some combination.

To the question of are there any male pheromones that prompt male attraction, and if so what purpose could they serve genetically speaking?

Think Roman legions, think groups / packs of hunter's. Attraction does not have to be for sex alone. For example, it has been shown that even hetero males will have bias to vote for the better more viral looking male candidate.

Additionally, both males and females can easily achieve orgasm outside of coitus.

What makes a certain "soul or personality" incarnate or develop physically in a body?

I don't think one answer suffices to that question. I believe we are all individuals and the answer is comprised of many factors for all individuals.

Does it start on a "spiritual level," then manifest in genetics and brain development, and then in how people interact physically in relations with others in the social environment?

Perhaps for some yes, but what is a spiritual level if not a rendering in the genetically constructed body? Can I not destroy a spirt being hosted by a brain by severing the frontal lobe? If so, is the spirt not in part guided by the capabilities and biases of the body?

I believe for others, it also starts in genetics, then gets reinforced through learning and further biased by brain development to reward the body for said activities that are good for the mind and body. IOW our spirit is by default, in tune with our body, only through great effort can one disassociate the spirit from the body. For example, ignore pain of a burning hand to save a child. We can make decisions that are not good for our body, but rather are good for our spirit. And conversely, our body can force us to do that which is good for it, in spite of our spirit, esp. when the spirit is weak.

Last edited:
Perhaps you should try no sex and no masturbation for a spell. Puberty was the period of your life, as a NEW adult, with no sex and no masturbation........

How did puberty go for you? (I'm assuming you are an adult and didn't have sex education to guide emotions and other things)

Hi [MENTION=47936]AntiParty[/MENTION]: maybe male hormones being more driven in some ways than female hormones, I have an advantage in being female and past the stages of strongest drives.

As a matter of fact I have been celibate for quite a long time, and have been focusing on trying to resolve these political and religious conflicts that affected saving the historic neighborhood where I live in a 100 year battle with city govt (where I spent the last 20 trying to address control issues that everyone seems to project).

I don't think we would have HALF the political conflicts we do now,
if everyone took the time to resolve differences directly, one on one,
get all the control and division issues out of the way, and quit projecting
that angst and need for compensation onto bigger and bigger situations
to create more and more messes to clean up.

Conflicts are going to happen, but if we resolve them instead of letting them build up and pass down from one generation to the next, we do not overload ourselves with so much that we need to resort to manipulation to deal with the excess.

Instead of seeing it as substituting masturbation to prevent that projection of stress,
I am saying why not resolve the internalized source of the unresolved stress building up to begin with.

If we address the inner conflicts first, then the physical and sexual drives take care of themselves. They stay at normal levels that can be managed in healthy relationships.

But if the inner conflicts go unresolved, and you add the sexual and survival drives to compete with other people or groups on top of that, this causes more problems.
So why do that.

I am into resolving issues at the root. There is no substitute for doing the work at the foundation. Any other issues will follow naturally and don't need manipulation when things are brought back in balance at manageable levels.

Maybe I have an advantage in not having as many distracting desires, but just wanting to focus on the root cause of why there is imbalance and suppression blocking resolution of problems between people -- get to those points where the process can be normalized, so all the other issues can be resolved after that. No masturbation needed, either verbally or sexually, if people are too busy relating directly together in productive fruitful ways.

FACE THE TRUTH!!!==THE FIRST STEP WE SINNERS NEED TO WHEN SEEKING FORGIVNESS IS TO CONFESS OUR SIN IS SIN AND REPENT. BUT SEXUAL PERVERTS TRY TO SAY THEIR SIN IS NOT SIN THUS THEY COMPOUND THEIR SIN BY DENYING THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD. GPD loves the sinner but GOD hates their sin. and you??

Do you eat pork?

Do you eat pork?

pray for some wisdom and understanding!! WE BELIEVERS AFTER JESUS CAME TO EARTH AND FULLFILLED THE LAW, WE NOW LIVE UNDER THE NEW COVENANT!!! WE ARE FREE TO EAT ANYTHING WE LIKE!!

THE FIRST STEP WE SINNERS NEED TO WHEN SEEKING FORGIVNESS IS TO CONFESS OUR SIN IS SIN AND REPENT. BUT SEXUAL PERVERTS TRY TO SAY THEIR SIN IS NOT SIN THUS THEY COMPOUND THEIR SIN BY DENYING THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD. GPD loves the sinner but GOD hates their sin. and you??

If God hates their sin, it would be easy enough for him to change them, since he's the one that really created them, if he really is that all powerful.

And where in the Bible does it say for you
to require your neighbor to repent first before you do?

Doesn't the Bible say the opposite of that:
to remove the beam from your own eye first? BEFORE helping your neighbor?

Aren't you responsible for repenting for your own trespasses?
Before telling your neighbor about theirs?

[MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION] keep working on this yourself, first.
In perfecting your side, you will become more effective in helping your neighbor as a result. But not the other way.

I think you are jumping the gun and putting the cart before the horse.
I think you must be skipping some steps, so you could be "yelling for help"
for other neighbors to come help you figure out what you missed.

I agree it is a mutual process, and we are called to help each other.
So there must be something to help you with if you feel called to help others equally.

And where in the Bible does it say for you
to require your neighbor to repent first before you do?

Doesn't the Bible say the opposite of that:
to remove the beam from your own eye first? BEFORE helping your neighbor?

Aren't you responsible for repenting for your own trespasses?
Before telling your neighbor about theirs?

[MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION] keep working on this yourself, first.
In perfecting your side, you will become more effective in helping your neighbor as a result. But not the other way.

I think you are jumping the gun and putting the cart before the horse.
I think you must be skipping some steps, so you could be "yelling for help"
for other neighbors to come help you figure out what you missed.

I agree it is a mutual process, and we are called to help each other.
So there must be something to help you with if you feel called to help others equally.

HEY!! SELFRIGHTIOUS PHARISEE!! I CONFESS AND REPENT ANYTIME I HAVE KNOWN SIN!!!and you??

Do you eat pork?

Faith in JESUS Saves You not Obeying Old Testment Law

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faith in JESUS Saves You not Obeying Old Testment Law==CHOSE T0 PLACE YOUR FAITH IN JESUS==a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galations 2:16
==BELIEVERS! We now live under the new covenant not under old testment law. PTL.=======If we could be saved by his laws, then God would not have had to give us a different way to get out of the grip of sin—for the Scriptures insist we are all its prisoners. The only way out is through faith in Jesus Christ; the way of escape is open to all who believe him.

23 Until Christ came we were guarded by the law, kept in protective custody, so to speak, until we could believe in the coming Savior.

24 Let me put it another way. The Jewish laws were our teacher and guide until Christ came to give us right standing with God through our faith. 25 But now that Christ has come, we don’t need those laws any longer to guard us and lead us to him. 26 For now we are all children of God through faith in Jesus Christ, 27 and we who have been baptized into union with Christ are enveloped by him. 28 We are no longer Jews or Greeks or slaves or free men or even merely men or women, but we are all the same—we are Christians; we are one in Christ Jesus. 29 And now that we are Christ’s we are the true descendants of Abraham, and all of God’s promises to him belong to us.
Galations 3:21-29

ATTRACTION IS CHOICE!!!! I AM NOT ATTRACTED TO SOME WOMEN,500 LB WOMEN, 6'4"+ WOMEN ,STUPID BIMBO BARFLY WOMEN,WILD WOMEN, DRUNK OR DRUGGIEE WOMEN OFFER I CHOSE TO HAVE NO ATTRACTION FOR!!! my choice!!

[MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION] are you choosing to be attracted to this forum?
Or did God call you here by conscience to share in the ways you share,
because that is part of the spiritual process between you and me and others here.

If it is God's will you be here, if it is a "choice," isn't it a choice
you are meant to choose and cannot help but following because God wills it.

Can we help that we are called to interact as we do?
I don't think we can help how we react and respond.
Even when we "choose" to change, isn't that part of our spiritual nature?
Isn't that naturally who we are and how we are meant to develop?

Last edited:
YES!! WE HAVE CHOICE BUT GOD DOESNOT WANT US TO CHOSE SIN!!! THINK!! GOD wants no one to chose to murder,steal or live in sick abomination of sexual perversion!!

THE FIRST STEP WE SINNERS NEED TO WHEN SEEKING FORGIVNESS IS TO CONFESS OUR SIN IS SIN AND REPENT. BUT SEXUAL PERVERTS TRY TO SAY THEIR SIN IS NOT SIN THUS THEY COMPOUND THEIR SIN BY DENYING THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD. GPD loves the sinner but GOD hates their sin. and you??

If God hates their sin, it would be easy enough for him to change them, since he's the one that really created them, if he really is that all powerful.

Dear [MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION]
Would you like to serve as an example of how God can change anyone who asks help?

Since it has been pointed out that your way of preaching on here is "unnatural,"
annoying people in All Caps, who are dismissing you as a troll and cannot hear you,

What process does it take for God to perfect your speech and behavior
so that you can communicate as natural, and be heard and received as speaking truth?

Would you like to demonstrate how finding what to repent of
that is causing "unnatural behavior" can be forgiven and resolved,
and result in transforming the person to be naturally as God intends them to be?

Since you want so much for people to understand the importance of
repentance and forgiveness to get rid of unnatural perversion,
why not serve as a demonstration to witness to how God works to transform?

YES!! WE HAVE CHOICE BUT GOD DOESNOT WANT US TO CHOSE SIN!!! THINK!! GOD wants no one to chose to murder,steal or live in sick abomination of sexual perversion!!
===HEAR GOD'S WORD ON THE SICK ABOMINATION OF SEXUAL PERVERSION=-God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in [t]their own persons the due penalty of their error.

28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; 32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.
Romans 1:26-32

Is that the message you want to convey to people? If so you are doing the exact opposite. Do you think your method of delivery is pushing people away or bringing them closer to hear your message?

OK [MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION] let's start with you, as a most vocal witness,
since you are called to share this message and knowledge.

Can you demonstrate to us that by repenting of these ways deemed "unnatural,"
that your speech will stop coming across as a "perversion" of the Bible as something
negative and ugly that people naturally avoid, but will be transformed into loving words
that speak to God's truth in correcting and righting anything wrong or unnatural in the world.

Can you please show us how this works, so people can understand the difference it makes
when you "choose" to repent and quit justifying unnatural ways seen as negative perversion.

HEY!! SELFRIGHTIOUS PHARISEE!! I CONFESS AND REPENT ANYTIME I HAVE KNOWN SIN!!!and you??

GREAT [MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION]
Let us keep going on this path.
Let's keep focusing on this approach and all other things wrong will be corrected in the process. Wonderful, I support you in this and pray that all be transformed and made new.
Amen with thanks and praise!

OK [MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION] let's start with you, as a most vocal witness,
since you are called to share this message and knowledge.

Can you demonstrate to us that by repenting of these ways deemed "unnatural,"
that your speech will stop coming across as a "perversion" of the Bible as something
negative and ugly that people naturally avoid, but will be transformed into loving words
that speak to God's truth in correcting and righting anything wrong or unnatural in the world.

Can you please show us how this works, so people can understand the difference it makes
when you "choose" to repent and quit justifying unnatural ways seen as negative perversion.

SIN IS NEGATIVE AND UGLY!!! THE first step to being forgiven and washed clean is to confess your sin ""IS"" SIN!!! Don't compound you sin by denying the TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD THAT CONDEMNS YOUR PET SIN OF SEXUAL PERVERSION. Think!

Do you eat pork?

pray for some wisdom and understanding!! WE BELIEVERS AFTER JESUS CAME TO EARTH AND FULLFILLED THE LAW, WE NOW LIVE UNDER THE NEW COVENANT!!! WE ARE FREE TO EAT ANYTHING WE LIKE!!
Show me where it says we are free to eat anything we like in the bible, then I'll show you where it says gays are allowed to marry other adults of the same sex.

Otherwise, repent sinner!

Forum List

Back