Is homosexuality a choice or not

This one of those stupid arguments where the only reason anyone cares is because of the threat of intrusive state policy. It's like climate change, in that regard.

It’s a preference. As in what one prefers.
It’s a preference. As in what one prefers.
The word “preference” is problematic because it implies that sexual orientation is a choice. But common sense tells us that by puberty, sexual orientation is fixed and therefore no longer a choice. Up to that point there are complex forces at work which includes biological, as well cultural and psychological factors. So you could say that on some level of consciousness a choice may have been made. You see friend, human sexuality is rather complex and can’t just be dumbed down to a question of whether sexual orientation it is a choice or not.. One also has to consider the difference between lifestyle choice vs. sexual orientation. There are many bisexual people who can chose to live as straight or gay at any point in life ( of course they do not have to make that choice) There have been gay people who have chosen to live a straight in order to avoid discrimination and shame that society visits upon them-but at great emotional cost and relationship disasters. Thankfully that does not happen much anymore, So I ask you, as a presumably straight person, is your attraction to the opposite sex simply a preference that you can change at will, or is it an imperative?

The word “preference” is problematic because it implies that sexual orientation is a choice. But common sense tells us that by puberty, sexual orientation is fixed and therefore no longer a choice. Up to that point there are complex forces at work which includes biological, as well cultural and psychological factors. So you could say that on some level of consciousness a choice may have been made. You see friend, human sexuality is rather complex and can’t just be dumbed down to a question of whether sexual orientation it is a choice or not.. One also has to consider the difference between lifestyle choice vs. sexual orientation. There are many bisexual people who can chose to live as straight or gay at any point in life ( of course they do not have to make that choice) There have been gay people who have chosen to live a straight in order to avoid discrimination and shame that society visits upon them-but at great emotional cost and relationship disasters. Thankfully that does not happen much anymore, So I ask you, as a presumably straight person, is your attraction to the opposite sex simply a preference that you can change at will, or is it an imperative?
Preferences are usually driven by desires and impulses. Yet preferences can change as impulses and desires can change. You can't change the color of your skin or the color of your hair but your preferences or desires or impulses for what skin tones or hair colors attract you can change. I would imagine sexual preferences would be no different.

Lol, you fags choose to lap man meat.

Preferences are usually driven by desires and impulses. Yet preferences can change as impulses and desires can change. You can't change the color of your skin or the color of your hair but your preferences or desires or impulses for what skin tones or hair colors attract you can change. I would imagine sexual preferences would be no different.
So what? Why does it matter?

Why doesn’t it matter? It is what it is. A sexual preference.
Why is it being debated on a political board? Why do opinions on the matter divide along unrelated ideological lines? What do you lose if you are wrong?

Why is it being debated on a political board? Why do opinions on the matter divide along unrelated ideological lines? What do you lose if you are wrong?
I don’t know why it’s being debated on a political board. Maybe it’s because a lot of people are polarized by their political ideology. My answer wasn’t based on politics. My answer was based on common sense. It’s a sexual preference. People are free to make of it what they will. Me? I just leave it at that because that’s how I see it.

You would imagine ? OK You keep on imagining all you want. I can't imagine you myself changing my "preference. Can you inagine changing yours?

Human sexuality overall is problematic and according to some less young people are sexually active. Perhaps that is a positive trend. Maybe it serves no real purpose.

Forum List

Back