Is it time for a modern Martin Luther ?

We still need the church...
And yes, we could use a good cleaning up of some of the profiteers from God.

In times past shortly after the Bible was first translated into English those who took on the work were never really paid for their scholarship...most died penniless or were martyred for their efforts.

King Henry the VIII was the culprit of commissioning the first complete English translation through Miles Coverdale who basically copied the work of Tyndale. (Henry had him killed and 40 years after the priests dug up his bones and burned them...they were still angry about the English translation) Today every denomination has their own unique translation that promotes their peculiar theologies.

Today in modern times occasionally the profiteers are hauled before Congress here in America to explain their lavish lifestyles and lack of paying taxes. Some of the names you have mentioned were there giving uncomfortable testimonials.

But yes... There has been a need for another good religious leader who leads people to commit themselves to acts of altruism and purity.
Probably won't happen for a while yet... because the last one sent by God was Billy Graham and he just died a short time ago.

In the meantime....yeah. we are getting all the profiteers from God and politics disguised as religious beliefs...

Even inside of Christiandom here there are politics that stop any decent preacher from "going viral" . But there are a lot of smaller largish churches lead by a good pastor. You just don't hear much about them.
When the time is right God will see fit to send us another leader...He always has in the past. He tends to repeat his actions over and over again.

Churches are for a good starting point for the common man to obtain rudimentary understanding of the scriptures. To see that desiring piety is not something that is so isolated...and that there are plenty of others with whom you can make friends with and your children can be friends with.

On top of this most churches have food pantries, daycares, homeless shelters and support hospitals, orphanages, and substance abuse programs.

That's why we need churches.

That looks like another construct. Im not convinced.
That's fine, because the point is not to convince you, merely to offer insights into another perspective. There are many perspectives, and I think of it as a vacation out of my own perspective to take a look into others--not to be convinced, but merely to expand what I see on the horizons, beyond my own perspective.

Closing churches because you don't believe churches add anything.
I think some of the more phoney churches could be closed without any spiritual loss. But that is not the aim. It is about organised religion cleaning up its act. It is badly needed.

Most of the fellows listed earned their fortune as best selling authors.

Not doing their work in theology.

Should theologians be prohibited from writing books?
Nobody should profit off the name of Jesus Christ.

That money should go to churches around the world or charity

I think some of the more phoney churches could be closed without any spiritual loss. But that is not the aim. It is about organised religion cleaning up its act. It is badly needed.

But that would be a huge legal precedent that wouldn't set well with most people.

Freedom to worship God in the fashion of your own choosing is something that most people are in agreement with. That was one of the reasons for the Reformation that Martin Luther was in favor of.

Just saying...fleas come with the dog.

But that would be a huge legal precedent that wouldn't set well with most people.

Freedom to worship God in the fashion of your own choosing is something that most people are in agreement with. That was one of the reasons for the Reformation that Martin Luther was in favor of.

Just saying...fleas come with the dog.
Thats why it needs someone from within the various churches to lead the fight.

And if they don't, what then?
You can't manufacture a religious leader like they do with political candidates.

This has to be a grass roots effort.

And the leader has to speak truth...not a watered down version of it but not politically correct or go along with any specific denomination. Because they will be villified out of the gate.
We want people to tell us what we want to hear instead of what we should hear. And I don't see that changing anytime soon.

You can't manufacture a religious leader like they do with political candidates.

This has to be a grass roots effort.

And the leader has to speak truth...not a watered down version of it but not politically correct or go along with any specific denomination. Because they will be villified out of the gate.
We want people to tell us what we want to hear instead of what we should hear. And I don't see that changing anytime soon.
The only problem I see is the religion of atheism.

The only problem I see is the religion of atheism.
There never has been an overwhelming majority in favor of pure Christian ideals in the history of mankind. (Despite the labels and claims)

So your argument is somewhat moot.

But I will concede that people who believe themselves to be Christian are more difficult to convert than any other group in existence. The Apostle Paul even said the same thing in one of his letters. His authority on the subject is without question in my opinion.
So, to me, atheism is not the most severe issue facing the true Church hidden amongst the proclaimed church. It's mostly like what the op Tommy Tainant is complaining about...those who claim to be Christian but have no visible behaviors that would go along with the concept. Especially when there are glaring and obvious behaviors that would defy the title being warranted.

There never has been an overwhelming majority in favor of pure Christian ideals in the history of mankind. (Despite the labels and claims)

So your argument is somewhat moot.

But I will concede that people who believe themselves to be Christian are more difficult to convert than any other group in existence. The Apostle Paul even said the same thing in one of his letters. His authority on the subject is without question in my opinion.
So, to me, atheism is not the most severe issue facing the true Church hidden amongst the proclaimed church. It's mostly like what the op Tommy Tainant is complaining about...those who claim to be Christian but have no visible behaviors that would go along with the concept. Especially when there are glaring and obvious behaviors that would defy the title being warranted.
Tommy is on a mission. He uses what he can to accomplish that mission. He's working the edges right now. He may not present as an overt militant atheist but his objective is the same; the subordination of religion. Unless of course you believe he truly cares for the future of religion and wants religion to be fruitful and multiple. Which I don't believe.

Tommy is on a mission. He uses what he can to accomplish that mission. He's working the edges right now. He may not present as an overt militant atheist but his objective is the same; the subordination of religion. Unless of course you believe he truly cares for the future of religion and wants religion to be fruitful and multiple. Which I don't believe.
Whatever Tommy's motives might be...

People like Judas have always been around. To claim otherwise would be to deny scriptures.

Judas had been an Apostle for 3½ years as treasurer and apostle...performed miracles like the other apostles and seen all the miracles Jesus performed. (Like walking on water and raising the dead to life)

But Judas seen his relationship as something that he could use to enrich his own life with.

Of course Judas' existence and fate was foretold hundreds of years before he was even born.

So there of course are going to be a bunch of Judas wannabes running around today.

Tares among the wheat....wolves in sheep's clothing.

Church attendance is dwindling.

We are all familiar with the story of Martin Luther and his revolt against the excesses of the Catholic Church. He kickstarted a non conformist movement which stood in opposition to the finery and excess of papacy.

But now the Anglican church is little different to the catholic church. Bishops live in palaces and drive around in expensive cars.

Then we have the faux "Christian" preachers listed in the link. What would Martin Luther make of Creflo Dollar or Joel Osteen with their private jets and mansions ? Should preaching actually be a profession? The majority of the Church of Englands funds go to pay wages and pensions. is that a correct use of donations?

Is it time for a new reformation ?
I'd say we are already in the process of a Second Reformation, but through the Govt by the people taking back responsibility for enforcing laws directly ourselves, in order to hold state and party leaders accountable for legal and political abuse of authority and public resources. Similar to the Church Reformation but with the State this time.

To finish, what I was trying to explain before, how Martian Luther copied the Catholic Latin Vulgate into German and put a Protestant label on the cover.

Here is the most important Hebrew word that is connected to the word translated as Concubine, in all Trinitarian Translations. -

this word is = the Hebrew word - פָּגַשׁ - pâwyesh / paw-yesh'
Means = To connect with and come together, - To meet with, together) To be joined / connected together - uniting together - to come together,

this word is directly related to Palee yesh' which the very word that we see as Concubine in the translations

The Trinitarians
did change the word in Gen 33:7 - the Hebrew manuscripts say

Gen 33:7 Leah and her children met together, “ paw-yesh' “ they came together - they joined together and uniting together with Jacob- this is the Hebrew word - To be joined together

- פָּגַשׁ - - pâwyesh - paw-yesh' The Trinitarians change the word to say that Leah and her children “ came near to Jacob

Gen 33:8 Jacob asked Esau why did you send all of the many people before you, to meet and join together and unite - to “ paw-yesh' “ - join together with my family and I.

1Sa 25:19 Abigail said unto her servants, go on before me; I will “ paw-yesh' “ you - I will meet and join together and unite together with you later.

1Sa 25:20 Abigal “ paw-yesh' “ with King David - she meet and joined together and united together with him.

2Sa 2:13 Joab and the servants of David, went out, and - they met David - they “ paw-yesh'' “ / joined together and united together with David.

Job 5:14 The wicked - they “ paw-yesh'' “ / they join together and unite together in darkness
Psa 85:10 Mercy and truth are met together; “ paw-yesh''' “ / they join and unite together .
Pro 22:2 The rich and poor “ paw-yesh'' “ they come together and unite together.
Gen 32:1 the angels of God met Jacob - they “ paw-yesh''' “ / joined together and unite together to come together..

Exo 5:20 They met or “ paw-yesh'' “ / joined together and unite together with Moses and Aaron.
Exo 5:3 Moses and Aarons said to Pharaoh - God has united together, has met - or joined together - has “ paw-yesh'' “ / with us:

Jos 11:5 All of the Kings were met together they joined - united - connected and attached themselves together = paw-yesh'' to come together..

1Sa 10:5 You will meet a company of prophets - you will “ paw-yesh' “ / be joined together and unite together to come together.

Exo 4:27 And the LORD said to Aaron, Go into the wilderness to meet - “ paw-yesh' “ / be joined together and unite together to come together with Moses.

Jos 11:5 These kings were met together, they “ paw-yesh' “ / joined together and united together against Israel.

Jos 16:6 The two borders of of Ephraim are connected paw-yesh' or joined MEETING the river of Kanah; and the sea

The borders are “ paw-yesh' joined - connected coming to connect to the river and the sea.

The original manuscripts in Rth 1:16 SAY
:16 that Ruth said to Noami, do not leave me or refuse or deny yourself and I from remaining together - our UNION TOGETHER - us being TOGETHER UNITED - do not refuse our union together - let me stay united, joined connected together with you. let us stay “ paw-yesh'' “ united together.

This is the hebrew word - פָּגַשׁ - - pâwyesh - paw-yesh'

Job 21:15 What is the Almighty, that we should profit if we paw-yesh' UNITE TOGETHER and BE JOINED OR MEET TOGETHER make intercession - UNTO him?

Job 21:15 Trinitarians TRANSLATE THIS WORD paw-yesh' as THE WORD PRAY -

PRAYING AND PRAYER IS USED IN THE TRANSLATION A TOTAL OF 334 TOTAL TIMES
ONLY ONE SINGLE TIME THE TRANSLATORS TRANSLATE THE WORD - פָּגַשׁ - paw-yesh' - AS THE WORD PRAY. HOWEVER THIS HEBREW WORD - פָּגַשׁ - - pâwyesh - paw-yesh'
IS also TRANSLATED AS MEANING INTERCESSION 4 TOTAL TIMES IN THE TRINITARIAN TRANSLATION

Jer 7:16 tHE PEOPLE are NOT paw-yesh' with God = uniting AND JOINING TOGETHER, NOT MEETING OR connecting TOGETHER WITH GOD

THE TRINITARIANS USED THE WORD - intercession TO GOD Here in Isa 59:16 there was no ONE TO UNITE AND JOIN TOGETHER, NOR MEET OR CONNECT TOGETHER WITH GOD TO INTERCEDE WITH GOD - only, THE ARM OF THE LORD YAHASHUA - PROPHECIED ALSO IN
Isa 53:12
-he was numbered with the transgressors; - made intercession / paw-yesh'
YAHASHUA WILL UNITE AND JOIN TOGETHER, HE WILL MEET OR CONNECT TOGETHER UNITING JOINING MEETING joining TOGETHER THE transgressors AND SINNERS - WITH GOD
- פָּגַשׁ - pâwyesh - paw-yesh'

Jer 27:18 make intercession with God - פָּגַשׁ - pâwyesh - paw-yesh' = UNITE AND BE JOIN TOGETHER, MEET OR CONNECT TOGETHER CONNECT AND JOIN YOURSELVES TOGETHER WITH to the LORD of hosts

Jer 36:25 tHEY UNITED AND JOINED AND MET TOGETHER OR CONNECT WITH INTERCESSION TO the king
Isa 64:5 You meet and are JOINed TOGETHER and CONNECTed AND JOIning YOURSELVES TOGETHER with the lord

The Hebrew word YESH also has multiple meanings - it can also mean an individual person
- or a female person or a male person.

so we have three words that make up and come together to create the word pawlee yesh' - which is the very word that we see as Concubine in the translations

1, pâwyesh - paw - yesh' = UNITE AND BE JOIN TOGETHER, MEET OR CONNECT TOGETHER CONNECT AND JOIN YOURSELVES TOGETHER

2, אִשָּׁה - esh- shaw' - meaning = A woman - a female or a wife, woman or a wife
And = אִישׁ - 'ı̂ysh / eesh - means = an individual male or a male person

3. and pawlee = as I presented in the previous post - pawlee means = wonderful, amazing, and marvelous and great.

and
pawlee yesh' - in Hebrew means " a wonderous connecting wife / woman" this word is simply not connected to any perversion that means Concubine .

The Greek word for wife is also " Gu nay / Gunē - and we have - Pawlee Guma - Poly gamy
I suspect all of these words were at one time somehow distantly related

Last edited:
Here is the most important Hebrew word that is connected to the word translated as Concubine, in all Trinitarian Translations. -

this word is = the Hebrew word - פָּגַשׁ - pâwyesh / paw-yesh'
Means = To connect with and come together, - To meet with, together) To be joined / connected together - uniting together - to come together,
In more modern language, a sex partner or bedfellow, whether lawfully married or not.

Forum List

Back