Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

I never understood the fascination that men have with breasts.
It's because they are hidden and it takes us back to those old days...
Pshaw, my friend. You will make me turn my ankle and swoon. :lol:
Post haste..
c149ce28e64f44430cbf9d0c106e4dce--downton-abbey-cora-downtown-abbey-costumes.jpg

Why do you care if someone else is homosexual?

I don't. But I care that people who believe in a religion that believes it is sinful and destructive are chastised or criticized for it.
They should be criticized for it.

After all doesn't the bible have a saying judge not lest ye be judged?

Or how about the age old wisdom of do unto others.... If people criticize and discriminate others shouldn't they themselves be criticized and discriminated against?

they don't dislike gay people, they feel the lifestyle is counter productive to Godly living and a healthy community. their opinion.... which they have a right to

They have a right to think whatever they want the problem is they don't just think it. They act on their prejudices.

I don't. But I care that people who believe in a religion that believes it is sinful and destructive are chastised or criticized for it.

Or how about the age old wisdom of do unto others.... If people criticize and discriminate others shouldn't they themselves be criticized and discriminated against?

they don't dislike gay people, they feel the lifestyle is counter productive to Godly living and a healthy community. their opinion.... which they have a right to
Yet the Bible equally condemns adultery, blasphemy and several other sins/crimes. Why do those now get a pass, but homosexuality doesn't?

You poor things, maybe tolerance would be a nice thing also, like Jesus taught, instead of homophobes which authored parts of the Bible...
Tolerance needs to be shown on ALL sides. Like, not sue if someone doesn't wanna bake a cake with two grooms on it. Instead of suing and FORCING them, go to a damn baker that wants their money! Common sense.

Tell me which is against our current laws?

Denying service or suing those that illegally deny service

We have these things called public accommodation laws and business are bound to follow them
Not in my book or in MY store. I pay the damn rent. I pay for the overhead. I have the right to refuse service to anyone. Period. And that is exactly how I ran my store.

Everyone does not ignore this --- though I'm sure homosexuals do.

Well, you find me someone who thinks gay marriage is bad and will protest against this, and will do the same for divorcees too. I'm sure they're out there.

Also, adulterers don't have their own flag and run around announcing it

So what? Also adulterers don't get treated badly by society, treated like second class citizens, and also adulterers weren't born as adulterers. They had a choice.

But then you have a problem with people who try and gain an identity huh?

I bet they would be if they ran around bragging about it and carrying a "cheaters flag"!

You bet they would be what? Born like it?

I bet they would be treated badly and people would protest against them.... but even today, people are not like Europeans yet, where it's acceptable to have a "side" mate...

Well, you find me someone who thinks gay marriage is bad and will protest against this, and will do the same for divorcees too. I'm sure they're out there.

So what? Also adulterers don't get treated badly by society, treated like second class citizens, and also adulterers weren't born as adulterers. They had a choice.

I bet they would be if they ran around bragging about it and carrying a "cheaters flag"!

I bet they would be treated badly and people would protest against them.... but even today, people are not like Europeans yet, where it's acceptable to have a "side" mate...

What?

Its a slippery slope. What if a muslim goes in a restaurant and demands they serve no bacon or pork? Is the restaurant to comply?

Yet the Bible equally condemns adultery, blasphemy and several other sins/crimes. Why do those now get a pass, but homosexuality doesn't?

they don't get a pass, it's just not in the news.... but sermons are preached on these things as well.... homosexuality is the "sin of the day" ...

You poor things, maybe tolerance would be a nice thing also, like Jesus taught, instead of homophobes which authored parts of the Bible...
Tolerance needs to be shown on ALL sides. Like, not sue if someone doesn't wanna bake a cake with two grooms on it. Instead of suing and FORCING them, go to a damn baker that wants their money! Common sense.

We have these things called public accommodation laws and business are bound to follow them
Not in my book or in MY store. I pay the damn rent. I pay for the overhead. I have the right to refuse service to anyone. Period. And that is exactly how I ran my store.

So you got away with violating our laws count yourself lucky.

And you may have the right to refuse service but you do not have the right to do so simply because of sex, race, religious affiliation or sexual orientation and it's up to you to prove your reason for denying service if you are sued because of it

What?

Actually, people ARE born as adulterers, we are not monogamous by nature.

Its a slippery slope. What if a muslim goes in a restaurant and demands they serve no bacon or pork? Is the restaurant to comply?

Service is not being denied to the Muslims because of their religion

THAT is the difference

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?

I didn't support Gay Marriage because I don't believe governments should be in the business of defining what IS or ISN'T a marriage between two consenting adults. I think it sets a very dangerous precedent to establish legal marriage, sanctioned by government, on the basis of sexual proclivities..

I don't quite get that- since the government has been in the business of defining marriage for quite a long time before same sex couples wanted to be legally married too.

If you just oppose state controlled legal marriage- then oppose that- not just when it includes same gender couples.

I believe there is a difference between 'legal marriage' and 'religious marriage'. Some people just want the benefits from marriage (economic) while others want to make a vow to each other, their families, and their God if they so believe or choose AND have the legal advantages of marriage.

To me they can be two different things. The government doesn't care if you love each other or anything like that.... it's just a job to do.... another paper to file....
Yes, I want gays to have the same RIGHTS as a husband and wife but not under Gods law of man and woman SPIRITUALLY. Give them rights with MANS law so they are not cut off from those they love with things they bought and shared together as a couple. Just don't call it marriage. It isn't. Its a civil RIGHT. And should be. But also not force people of different faiths to be pc and say oh sure its ok when to them..its not.

That probably didn't make sense. It's the wee hours and my brain is shutting down. It made sense to me, so....there ya go! :lol:
Secular law is all we can, and should, give anyone. Let God judge from there. The whole "render unto Caesar...." thing.

Eh, please explain how I am intolerant. Thanks!
You care for only half the involved parties. I understand that religious folks have their hang-ups just like homersexuals yet it is no reason to ostracise and exile the opposition..Notr is it a reason to make either a crime, it is simply a fact that some humans have perceptions that are not the same as others and it shouldn't be a sin or against the law for either as long as no one is getting hurt or infringing on other people's right to exist..

What?

Actually, people ARE born as adulterers, we are not monogamous by nature.
And we are no longer ruled by our nature as you put it. We are in control of our actions. One can choose to be monogamous

If god created the universe and everything in it, then god created homosexuality. Get over it all you homophobes, god wanted it that way. Plus, he kicked Adam out of Eden for banging the woman. Now how gay is that?

Anyone know of any news stories of a christian going into a muslim cafe and demanding sausage or pork chops and when told they do not serve that and are refused, then SUE that cafe? I haven't heard of such a thing.

There is that perception thing, not everyone perceives life in the same manner..One should be free to live it the way they perceive it...

Anyone know of any news stories of a christian going into a muslim cafe and demanding sausage or pork chops and when told they do not serve that and are refused, then SUE that cafe? I haven't heard of such a thing.
Again they are not being denied service. They could order anything else on the menu

So you got away with violating our laws count yourself lucky.

And you may have the right to refuse service but you do not have the right to do so simply because of sex, race, religious affiliation or sexual orientation and it's up to you to prove your reason for denying service if you are sued because of it
I got away with it because I had no schmucks come in my store.

Forum List

Back