Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?

Actually the worst thing is this.

The Bible says things about Homosexuality, and this means that homosexuals shouldn't be considered first class citizens.

The Bible also says things about divorce and many other things, yet the religious people seem to ignore this.
Everyone does not ignore this --- though I'm sure homosexuals do.

Well, you find me someone who thinks gay marriage is bad and will protest against this, and will do the same for divorcees too. I'm sure they're out there.

Also, adulterers don't have their own flag and run around announcing it
Yes they do, it's called "trophy wives". :)

fred_and_jeri_thompson_2.jpg

18n24lo5crkxxjpg.jpg

Yet they can't go bare breasted while men can

Why would any woman want to go around bare breasted? As if men are not horn dogs enough while we are dressed....
1) It's a choice, not a requirement. Women don't have the choice. Just another example of women having less rights than men.

2) A little over a century ago, the sight of a woman's ankle under a long dress was a turn on for "horn dogs". Women go bare breasted on Euro beaches.....and Miami's South Beach. Not a big deal except to the religious-based oppressors.

True, was talking about this with my husband the other day, how African tribes etc., the men don't view breasts as sexual at all, so, 'tis true....

Why do you care if someone else is homosexual?

I don't. But I care that people who believe in a religion that believes it is sinful and destructive are chastised or criticized for it.

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?

I didn't support Gay Marriage because I don't believe governments should be in the business of defining what IS or ISN'T a marriage between two consenting adults. I think it sets a very dangerous precedent to establish legal marriage, sanctioned by government, on the basis of sexual proclivities..

I don't quite get that- since the government has been in the business of defining marriage for quite a long time before same sex couples wanted to be legally married too.

If you just oppose state controlled legal marriage- then oppose that- not just when it includes same gender couples.

I believe there is a difference between 'legal marriage' and 'religious marriage'. Some people just want the benefits from marriage (economic) while others want to make a vow to each other, their families, and their God if they so believe or choose AND have the legal advantages of marriage.

To me they can be two different things. The government doesn't care if you love each other or anything like that.... it's just a job to do.... another paper to file....
Yes, I want gays to have the same RIGHTS as a husband and wife but not under Gods law of man and woman SPIRITUALLY. Give them rights with MANS law so they are not cut off from those they love with things they bought and shared together as a couple. Just don't call it marriage. It isn't. Its a civil RIGHT. And should be. But also not force people of different faiths to be pc and say oh sure its ok when to them..its not.

That probably didn't make sense. It's the wee hours and my brain is shutting down. It made sense to me, so....there ya go! :lol:

What do you think?

The Bible says things about Homosexuality, and this means that homosexuals shouldn't be considered first class citizens.

The Bible also says things about divorce and many other things, yet the religious people seem to ignore this.

Well, you find me someone who thinks gay marriage is bad and will protest against this, and will do the same for divorcees too. I'm sure they're out there.

So what? Also adulterers don't get treated badly by society, treated like second class citizens, and also adulterers weren't born as adulterers. They had a choice.

But then you have a problem with people who try and gain an identity huh?

I don't. But I care that people who believe in a religion that believes it is sinful and destructive are chastised or criticized for it.
They should be criticized for it.

After all doesn't the bible have a saying judge not lest ye be judged?

Or how about the age old wisdom of do unto others.... If people criticize and discriminate others shouldn't they themselves be criticized and discriminated against?

What do you think?

I didn't support Gay Marriage because I don't believe governments should be in the business of defining what IS or ISN'T a marriage between two consenting adults. I think it sets a very dangerous precedent to establish legal marriage, sanctioned by government, on the basis of sexual proclivities..

I don't quite get that- since the government has been in the business of defining marriage for quite a long time before same sex couples wanted to be legally married too.

If you just oppose state controlled legal marriage- then oppose that- not just when it includes same gender couples.

I believe there is a difference between 'legal marriage' and 'religious marriage'. Some people just want the benefits from marriage (economic) while others want to make a vow to each other, their families, and their God if they so believe or choose AND have the legal advantages of marriage.

To me they can be two different things. The government doesn't care if you love each other or anything like that.... it's just a job to do.... another paper to file....
Agreed. Religious marriage is protected from government interference by the First Amendment. However, the 1138 Federal laws, tax breaks and other benefits provided by the Feds for married couples is a 14th Amendment issue.

You poor things, maybe tolerance would be a nice thing also, like Jesus taught, instead of homophobes which authored parts of the Bible...
Tolerance needs to be shown on ALL sides. Like, not sue if someone doesn't wanna bake a cake with two grooms on it. Instead of suing and FORCING them, go to a damn baker that wants their money! Common sense.

What do you think?

So what? Also adulterers don't get treated badly by society, treated like second class citizens, and also adulterers weren't born as adulterers. They had a choice.

I bet they would be if they ran around bragging about it and carrying a "cheaters flag"!

They should be criticized for it.

After all doesn't the bible have a saying judge not lest ye be judged?

Or how about the age old wisdom of do unto others.... If people criticize and discriminate others shouldn't they themselves be criticized and discriminated against?

they don't dislike gay people, they feel the lifestyle is counter productive to Godly living and a healthy community. their opinion.... which they have a right to

What do you think?

They used to be. It wasn't that long ago that adultery would ruin a man's career. Now they run as adulterers. Go figure.

I bet they would be if they ran around bragging about it and carrying a "cheaters flag"!

You bet they would be what? Born like it?

You poor things, maybe tolerance would be a nice thing also, like Jesus taught, instead of homophobes which authored parts of the Bible...
Tolerance needs to be shown on ALL sides. Like, not sue if someone doesn't wanna bake a cake with two grooms on it. Instead of suing and FORCING them, go to a damn baker that wants their money! Common sense.

Tell me which is against our current laws?

Denying service or suing those that illegally deny service

We have these things called public accommodation laws and business are bound to follow them

Forum List

Back