Zone1 Is Jesus God?

Its just the opposite B.S Filter--you best relook. It means eternal life to know the one who sent Jesus(Father) as THE ONLY TRUE GOD and know Jesus-John 17:3--oh but one would have to believe Jesus over the lie of a trinity God but trinitarians outright refuse.
Who is the way, the truth and the life?

Jesus created everything. John 1:3. Jesus is the Word and everything was made by Him.
Colossians 1:16. ALL things created by Jesus including angels.

1Co 15:26-28 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. (27) For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. (28) And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

In other words, "all things" doesn't necessarily mean ALL THINGS in an absolute sense. Paul says "it's obvious that ALL THINGS here exclude the God who placed all things under" Christ's feet.

Gen_3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all the living.

Eve is the mother of all the living, however, it's obvious, that she wasn't her own mother, or the mother of Adam. Right? She is the mother of ALL THE LIVING, within a certain context.

when Absalom was holding a council against his father, David, 2 Samuel 17:14 says that “all the men of Israel” agreed on advice. “All” the men of Israel were not there, but the verse means “all” who were there.

Another example is Jeremiah 26:8, which says that “all the people” seized Jeremiah to put him to death, but the context makes it very clear that “all the people” were not even present, and people who came to the scene later wanted to release Jeremiah.

1 John 2:20 (KJV) says of Christians, “ye know all things.” Surely there is no Christian who actually believes that he knows everything. The phrase is using a limited sense of “all,” which is determined by the context.

John 1:3 is simply saying that YHWH, who is The God of John 1:1 who the Logo was with, created all things in the beginning (Genesis 1), through His Son, the Logos. Within the beginning or in the beginning, is within space-time. There's no evidence that it is outside of the universe.

Colossians 1:16 (NASB) For by Him (on account of Him) all things were created,both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominionsor rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him [on account of Him or because of Him] and for Him.

The phrases “all things were created” and “all things have been created” serve to encircle the words or phrases in between. Noted theologian E.W. Bullinger, in his book, Figures of Speech Used in the Bible, explains it this way:

Whenever this figure [encircling] is used, it marks what is said as being completed in one complete circle…giving completeness of the statement that is made. (E.W. Bullinger, Figures of Speech Used in the Bible,, p. 245.)

What has Paul designated as all things? According to Paul, all things is described as: thrones, dominions, rulers, authorities, whether in heaven or on earth, visible or invisible. Notice there is no mention of any element of the Genesis creation. Paul does not speak of the sun, moon, or stars. Nor does he mention plant life, animals, or humans. Thus, Paul is not referring to the creation of this world. Rather, "all things" Paul enumerates have to do with the governance of the coming kingdom. You’ll recall that Paul’s purpose in this passage, according to the context, is to demonstrate Jesus’ pre-eminence in the kingdom.

In verse 17, we see another phrase which some point to as proof that Jesus is the God of creation:

Colossians 1:17-18 (NASB) He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

What does it mean that Jesus is before all things? We must remember, “all things” in this context refers to theccoming kingdom and Jesus’ pre-eminence in that kingdom. Furthermore, the word before in the Greek is pro and it can mean before in time, place or position, and rank. Jesus has been granted the highest level of authority in the kingdom. Why is Jesus pre-eminent in the kingdom? We must pause a moment and ask, Why is Jesus pre-eminent? Is it because he is God? Not according to Scripture. Jesus occupies the highest position because God exalted him to a place of power and authority:

Ephesians 1:19-21 (NASB) and what is the surpassing greatness of His [God’s] power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His [God’s] might which He brought about in Christ, when He [God] raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.

Paul’s teaching in Ephesians parallels that of his teaching in Colossians and Philippians, which states that Jesus’ position or rank was delegated to Him by Almighty God (Christ's heavenly Father).

The apostle Peter also speaks of this:

1 Peter 3:22 (NASB) [Jesus Christ], who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him.

After God raised Jesus from the dead, He made him superior to all governing authorities. In other words, before this time, they weren’t subjected to him. If Jesus is God, this makes absolutely no sense. But if he is the exalted Son of God, it makes perfect sense, and itis in keeping with Scripture which says that God gave Jesus authority to rule:

Matthew 11:27 (NASB) “All things have been handed over to Me by My Father...”

Matthew 28:18 (NASB) And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

John 3:35 (NASB) “The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand.

Jesus holds all things together. But what about the fact that Jesus is said to hold all things together? Doesn’t this indicate he is deity?

Colossians 1:17 (NASB) He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Some believers reason that only God could hold the universe together, therefore, Jesus must be God. Bestselling Christian author, Max Lucado, who believes Jesus is God, wrote about how he imagined Jesus and the universe related to one another when Jesus was an infant:

Angels watched as Mary changed God’s diaper. The universe watched with wonder as the Almighty learned to walk.”
(Max Lucado, Just a Moment, accessed 10-18-19, "Just a Moment" - Max Lucado)

Of course, this creates quite a conundrum. First, Jesus is never referred to as “the almighty” in Scripture. Second, if Jesus is said to be the one who holds the universe together, how did he manage to accomplish this when he was developmentally unable to do the simplest of tasks such as walking? How can you hold all things together if you need someone to change your diaper? God forbid, this is the blasphemous absurdity people who believe a man is Almighty God have to deal with.

Surely, there is a more reasonable explanation. What are the “all things” that Jesus holds together? Again, according to the context, all things refer to the governance of the coming kingdom, not the universe or Creation.

Colossians 1:18 (NASB) He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.

By virtue of his death and resurrection, Jesus is not only pre-eminent in the coming kingdom, he is also the head of the Church and the first to be raised to immortality. Thus, he will come to have first place in everything both on earth and in heaven. Conclusion God created the structure of the kingdom, its governance, and hierarchy, with the king in mind. Paul was not teaching the church in Colossae that Jesus is Almighty God. Rather, Paul was emphasizing that Jesus is the one chosen by God to rule and reign in the coming kingdom, having been exalted to God’s right hand, he now occupies first place in everything.

Again, I repeat, the student of the Bible (indeed, of language and life) must be aware that when the word “all” (or “every” or “everything”) is used, it is often used in a limited sense. People use it this way in normal speech in countries and languages all over the world. I had an experience of this just the other day. It was late at night and I wanted a cookie before bed. When I told my wife that I wanted a cookie, she said, “The kids ate all the cookies.” Now of course our kids did not eat all of the cookies in the world. The implied context was the cookies in our home, and our kids had eaten all of them. This is a good example of “all” being used in a limited sense, and the Bible uses it that way too.

Last edited:
1Co 15:26-28 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. (27) For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. (28) And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

In other words, "all things" doesn't necessarily mean ALL THINGS in an absolute sense. Paul says "it's obvious that ALL THINGS here exclude the God who placed all things under" Christ's feet.

Gen_3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all the living.

Eve is the mother of all the living, however, it's obvious, that she wasn't her own mother, or the mother of Adam. Right? She is the mother of ALL THE LIVING, within a certain context.

when Absalom was holding a council against his father, David, 2 Samuel 17:14 says that “all the men of Israel” agreed on advice. “All” the men of Israel were not there, but the verse means “all” who were there.

Another example is Jeremiah 26:8, which says that “all the people” seized Jeremiah to put him to death, but the context makes it very clear that “all the people” were not even present, and people who came to the scene later wanted to release Jeremiah.

1 John 2:20 (KJV) says of Christians, “ye know all things.” Surely there is no Christian who actually believes that he knows everything. The phrase is using a limited sense of “all,” which is determined by the context.

John 1:3 is simply saying that YHWH, who is The God of John 1:1 who the Logo was with, created all things in the beginning (Genesis 1), through His Son, the Logos. Within the beginning or in the beginning, is within space-time. There's no evidence that it is outside of the universe.

Colossians 1:16 (NASB) For by Him (on account of Him) all things were created,both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominionsor rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him [on account of Him or because of Him] and for Him.

The phrases “all things were created” and “all things have been created” serve to encircle the words or phrases in between. Noted theologian E.W. Bullinger, in his book, Figures of Speech Used in the Bible, explains it this way:

Whenever this figure [encircling] is used, it marks what is said as being completed in one complete circle…giving completeness of the statement that is made. (E.W. Bullinger, Figures of Speech Used in the Bible,, p. 245.)

What has Paul designated as all things? According to Paul, all things is described as: thrones, dominions, rulers, authorities, whether in heaven or on earth, visible or invisible. Notice there is no mention of any element of the Genesis creation. Paul does not speak of the sun, moon, or stars. Nor does he mention plant life, animals, or humans. Thus, Paul is not referring to the creation of this world. Rather, "all things" Paul enumerates have to do with the governance of the coming kingdom. You’ll recall that Paul’s purpose in this passage, according to the context, is to demonstrate Jesus’ pre-eminence in the kingdom.

In verse 17, we see another phrase which some point to as proof that Jesus is the God of creation:

Colossians 1:17-18 (NASB) He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

What does it mean that Jesus is before all things? We must remember, “all things” in this context refers to theccoming kingdom and Jesus’ pre-eminence in that kingdom. Furthermore, the word before in the Greek is pro and it can mean before in time, place or position, and rank. Jesus has been granted the highest level of authority in the kingdom. Why is Jesus pre-eminent in the kingdom? We must pause a moment and ask, Why is Jesus pre-eminent? Is it because he is God? Not according to Scripture. Jesus occupies the highest position because God exalted him to a place of power and authority:

Ephesians 1:19-21 (NASB) and what is the surpassing greatness of His [God’s] power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His [God’s] might which He brought about in Christ, when He [God] raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.

Paul’s teaching in Ephesians parallels that of his teaching in Colossians and Philippians, which states that Jesus’ position or rank was delegated to Him by Almighty God (Christ's heavenly Father).

The apostle Peter also speaks of this:

1 Peter 3:22 (NASB) [Jesus Christ], who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him.

After God raised Jesus from the dead, He made him superior to all governing authorities. In other words, before this time, they weren’t subjected to him. If Jesus is God, this makes absolutely no sense. But if he is the exalted Son of God, it makes perfect sense, and itis in keeping with Scripture which says that God gave Jesus authority to rule:

Matthew 11:27 (NASB) “All things have been handed over to Me by My Father...”

Matthew 28:18 (NASB) And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

John 3:35 (NASB) “The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand.

Jesus holds all things together. But what about the fact that Jesus is said to hold all things together? Doesn’t this indicate he is deity?

Colossians 1:17 (NASB) He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Some believers reason that only God could hold the universe together, therefore, Jesus must be God. Bestselling Christian author, Max Lucado, who believes Jesus is God, wrote about how he imagined Jesus and the universe related to one another when Jesus was an infant:

Angels watched as Mary changed God’s diaper. The universe watched with wonder as the Almighty learned to walk.”
(Max Lucado, Just a Moment, accessed 10-18-19, "Just a Moment" - Max Lucado)

Of course, this creates quite a conundrum. First, Jesus is never referred to as “the almighty” in Scripture. Second, if Jesus is said to be the one who holds the universe together, how did he manage to accomplish this when he was developmentally unable to do the simplest of tasks such as walking? How can you hold all things together if you need someone to change your diaper? God forbid, this is the blasphemous absurdity people who believe a man is Almighty God have to deal with.

Surely, there is a more reasonable explanation. What are the “all things” that Jesus holds together? Again, according to the context, all things refer to the governance of the coming kingdom, not the universe or Creation.

Colossians 1:18 (NASB) He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.

By virtue of his death and resurrection, Jesus is not only pre-eminent in the coming kingdom, he is also the head of the Church and the first to be raised to immortality. Thus, he will come to have first place in everything both on earth and in heaven. Conclusion God created the structure of the kingdom, its governance, and hierarchy, with the king in mind. Paul was not teaching the church in Colossae that Jesus is Almighty God. Rather, Paul was emphasizing that Jesus is the one chosen by God to rule and reign in the coming kingdom, having been exalted to God’s right hand, he now occupies first place in everything.

Again, I repeat, the student of the Bible (indeed, of language and life) must be aware that when the word “all” (or “every” or “everything”) is used, it is often used in a limited sense. People use it this way in normal speech in countries and languages all over the world. I had an experience of this just the other day. It was late at night and I wanted a cookie before bed. When I told my wife that I wanted a cookie, she said, “The kids ate all the cookies.” Now of course our kids did not eat all of the cookies in the world. The implied context was the cookies in our home, and our kids had eaten all of them. This is a good example of “all” being used in a limited sense, and the Bible uses it that way too.
Your words: "In other words, "all things" doesn't necessarily mean ALL THINGS in an absolute sense. Paul says "it's obvious that ALL THINGS here exclude the God who placed all things under" Christ's feet".

Jesus IS God. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God.

That's a metaphor conveying the fact that He is the divinely commissioned savior and king of God's creation. He is the Second Adam and the one we must follow.
No, it's not a metaphor. Jesus IS the way to the Father. Jesus said "No one comes to the Father except by me". Is that true or just a metaphor?

Correct. So Jesus was an angel according to you. How can an angel wash away my sins?

With the authority of God. The First Adam brought sin into the world and the Second Adam paid that ransom by being sinless before God. Whoever is appointed or chosen by God to forgive sin, can forgive sin. Even Christ's apostles had the authority to bind and loose, or forgive, under the authority of Christ.

Your words: "In other words, "all things" doesn't necessarily mean ALL THINGS in an absolute sense. Paul says "it's obvious that ALL THINGS here exclude the God who placed all things under" Christ's feet".

Jesus IS God. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God.
God almighty doesn't need anyone to put anything under his feet. He already has everything under his feet. God almighty doesn't need to receive authority and power from anyone else, and yet Jesus received all of his authority and power from God. Jesus even had a God:

• John 20:17
    - Jesus says to Mary Magdalene after His resurrection, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’"
  • Revelation 3:12 - Jesus speaks to the church in Philadelphia and states, "The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name." Here, Jesus repeatedly refers to "my God," This verse clearly shows Jesus speaking of God as His own God.
  • Ephesians 1:17 - The Apostle Paul prays that "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better." In this prayer, Paul refers to God as "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ."
  • 2 Corinthians 1:3 - Paul starts his letter to the Corinthians with, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort." This again identifies God as the God of Jesus.
God doesn't have a God. He also doesn't receive authority and power from anyone else. God isn't the image of anyone else, He is the original, true God.

With the authority of God. The First Adam brought sin into the world and the Second Adam paid that ransom by being sinless before God. Whoever is appointed or chosen by God to forgive sin, can forgive sin. Even Christ's apostles had the authority to bind and loose, or forgive, under the authority of Christ.
Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

God almighty doesn't need anyone to put anything under his feet. He already has everything under his feet. God almighty doesn't need to receive authority and power from anyone else, and yet Jesus received all of his authority and power from God. Jesus even had a God:

• John 20:17
    - Jesus says to Mary Magdalene after His resurrection, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’"
  • Revelation 3:12 - Jesus speaks to the church in Philadelphia and states, "The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name." Here, Jesus repeatedly refers to "my God," This verse clearly shows Jesus speaking of God as His own God.
  • Ephesians 1:17 - The Apostle Paul prays that "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better." In this prayer, Paul refers to God as "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ."
  • 2 Corinthians 1:3 - Paul starts his letter to the Corinthians with, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort." This again identifies God as the God of Jesus.
God doesn't have a God. He also doesn't receive authority and power from anyone else. God isn't the image of anyone else, He is the original, true God.
God became a man. Phillipians says Jesus was equal with God and became a man. Then when he rose from the dead all authority was returned. Only God can forgive sins. Hebrews first chapter says God the Father has a son who is God. Revelation chapter 1:7-8. Jesus is God Almighty.

God became a man. Phillipians says Jesus was equal with God and became a man. Then when he rose from the dead all authority was returned. Only God can forgive sins. Hebrews first chapter says God the Father has a son who is God. Revelation chapter 1:7-8. Jesus is God Almighty.
God didn't become a man, because being in the state of man and being almighty God are two different, mutually exclusive states of being. You can't be a mortal immortal, or omnipotent impotent, or omniscient nescient. You're being completely irrational.

Philippians doesn't say Jesus was co-equal with God and became a man.

God can't die or lose His authority.

God can delegate the ability to others to forgive sin, directly or through someone else.

"Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven" (John 20:22-23).

Hebrews doesn't say that God Almighty has a son who is God Almighty. More irrationality.

Revelations doesn't say Jesus is Almighty.

That was easy.

Last edited:
Are you a Jehovah's Witness?
I'm a truth seeker, and whatever I am is irrelevant. I'm clear as far as what my position is, and what I'm arguing for. The man you call "Jesus", whose name is actually Joshua, was the incarnation of the Archangel Michael, the Sar Gadol of Israel, both in Heaven and on Earth. No one is co-eternal, co-equal, and consubstantial with YHWH Father, the only true Almighty God. To believe otherwise is idolatry.

God didn't become a man, because being in the state of man and being almighty God are two different, mutually exclusive states of being. You can't be a mortal immortal, or omnipotent impotent, or omniscient nescient. You're being completely irrational.

Philippians doesn't say Jesus was co-equal with God and became a man.

God can't die or lose His authority.

God can delegate the ability to others to forgive sin, directly or through someone else.

"Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven" (John 20:22-23).

Hebrews doesn't say that God Almighty has a son who is God Almighty. More irrationality.

Revelations doesn't say Jesus is Almighty.

That was easy.
One thing for sure, you're not a student of Scripture. Revelation 1:7-8 is as easy to understand as can be. Jesus is God Almighty.

One thing for sure, you're not a student of Scripture. Revelation 1:7-8 is as easy to understand as can be. Jesus is God Almighty.

You definitely don't know what you're talking about, since those verses have nothing to do with Christ's supposed divinity or "co-equality" with God.

See how easy that was? That's your idea of engaging in a debate. Just make statements, without supporting them with an argument, or evidence. etc. Just make stupid statements and walk away ias if you accomplished something. I can do that too, no problem. Here I'll even say it again:

You're wrong, I'm right, barabing, baraboom. (BS filter - debate method)

Forum List

Back