Is not liking Trump reason enough to vote against him?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Is not liking Trump reason enough to vote against him? I ask this question seriously, because I see a logical gap in this oft-mentioned rationale. Specifically, how is not liking Trump an objective reason for preventing him from another successful term in office? If democracy didn't end during his first term, why would it end during his second term?

It seems to me that opposing Trump on that basis is more a narcissistic fear of his success rather than actual fear of his failure. Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned, but in this world nothing creates greater enmity than exposing the fallacy of long held beliefs. As the evidence mounts, many people will double down on these beliefs and lash out at those who question them. Are you one of those?

Is not liking Trump reason enough to vote against him? I ask this question seriously, because I see a logical gap in this oft-mentioned rationale. Specifically, how is not liking Trump an objective reason for preventing him from another successful term in office? If democracy didn't end during his first term, why would it end during his second term?

It seems to me that opposing Trump on that basis is more a narcissistic fear of his success rather than actual fear of his failure. Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned, but in this world nothing creates greater enmity than exposing the fallacy of long held beliefs. As the evidence mounts, many people will double down on these beliefs and lash out at those who question them. Are you one of those?
no . it is one of many reasons not to vote for him.

Picking Vance was probably the last straw for me in my tilt away from Trump. I won't be voting for Harris for certain. I guess I will be casting for West or whoever the Libertarians dredged up.

If disliking him, due to what you know his character, what he has done, lied about, dirty financial dealings, cheating banks and taxes, his love of dictators, crazy senile ramblings about eating dogs, trying to overthrow an election to stay in office after he knew he had lost..., Sure. It is natural and logical to dislike him for those things, and you should vote against him.

If it is just the goofy hair and orange spray face paint, No. You should pay more attention, and be better informed, rather than judging by the color of his skin.

It's not disliking him that justifies voting against him. It's THE REASON for disliking him that justifies voting against him. People provide plenty of reasons to dislike him that seems to disqualify him from holding the office.

not liking Trump is reason enough not to vote for him, but NOT reason enough to vote for kammie.

There have been a few threads on here, at least a couple from me, asking lefties what reasons they actually have for voting for Harris, other than she's not Trump. I have never seen a response yet from anyone on the left saying reasons to vote for her, other than she's not Trump.

It's not disliking him that justifies voting against him. It's THE REASON for disliking him that justifies voting against him. People provide plenty of reasons to dislike him that seems to disqualify him from holding the office.
The fact that he is the most qualified candidate in the race isn't enough to sway you to vote for him? Seems your logic is flawed.

I don't particularly like his personality but I'm going to vote for him anyway.

I want the D's out. Gone. They're crazy. And they screw up everything they touch.

The D leadership is psychopathic, very dangerous. I want them gone.

Yes. But the reason I will vote against him is because his policies suck. This is not about a fear of sucess, because we will not succeed if Trump is president. His term in office was not successful. You guys credit him with an economy Obama created only because Trump is white. Had Obama been white you would have been able to see that Trump inherited a growing economy and really didn't do anything but brag about the numbers. Then he started to kill that growing economy wth his policies.

Then you guys want to excuse his performance during a major crisis, when it was his performance that caused the problems. The racism of people like you could possibly destroy this country because you want to put Trump back in office..

I'm not voting for Trump because he's the second coming of Jesus. I'm voting for him because he knows how to run a country and keeps us OUT of world wars.

Forum List

Back