Is the word LIE overused in politics now?

I see it in so many places. Someone disagrees with you, and they call it a lie.

I wonder if people are even aware of the definition and just don't care.

A statement someone makes might not be a lie. It could just be an opinion, an interpretation, or a mistake.
its exactly the opposite,,

there are to many lies in politics,,

A statement someone makes might not be a lie. It could just be an opinion, an interpretation, or a mistake.
When it comes to modern day politics, it is not used enough. The left are expert in misrepresenting and outright lies and the majority of their ads are exactly that.

It's underused. We brush off blatant lies as mere mistakes, especially when they come from our respective sides. And why shouldn't they lie? They're never held accountable but instead are rewarded for their lies. The American people have spoken. We want to be ruled over by the biggest liars we can find.

Person A: "The economy is better than ever!"

Person B: "That's a lie! The economy is horrible!"

Neither is hardly a lie. They are both opinions.
"I retired a command sgtmaj" is a bald faced lie.
"Guns that I carried in combat" is another by a man who never saw combat in his entire useless life.
Both are stolen valor as well.

If you're just making shit up, you're lying.

Trump claiming that Harris' crowds were AI fakes? That's a lie. Claims that Haitian immigrants in Springfield Illionios are eating cats and dogs? That's a lie. Claims that Governor Kemp was unable to talk to Joe Biden? That's a lie.

Or you could be like some left-leaning fact checks who create lies. I agree with the OP. It demonstrates how soft and dumb much of the public has become.

Its not used often enough by the Press to describe what Trump has said. Honestly there should be no refuge for him or his surrogates.

Like claiming that Joe Biden has been on top of his game for the past 3+ years? That is a Harris lie.

LIke claiming the 2020 election was stolen. Or that terminating the constitution is how the situation should be handled. Or that Harris spent 'all the FEMA money was spent on housing for illegal immigrants.

There's a reason your ilk are so enraged by fact-checking. And its not because you're honest folk.

Lies!

Democrats don't lie they misspeak

Try again.

Fact versus opinion is another.

Examples.

"Mother Teresa was a good person."

"Britney Spears is a horrible singer."

"Ice cream is a great dessert."

Although these three statements might be compelling, none are facts.
If somebody who believes that Britney Spears is a horrible singer says that Britney Spears is a really good singer, would you consider that to be a lie?

Or perhaps just consider them to be disingenuous?

Or what?

Forum List

Back