Is There A Line Between 'Incitement' and Free Press Protection?

Both sides play this game. It gets old and tiring. Obama is a Muslim, Michelle is a guy, Trump is a racist, Trump is a Nazi, come on, who but idiots can't see that both sides do it?

No.... Both sides DON'T incite violence. You can claim that all you like, it's false. Violence is the go-to tactic of the left when they don't get their way. I think that kind of shit is about to be dealt with.

Oh yeah? How's that?

Soooo... you think I agree with you but I am a fascist? Well, not really,

Not really? ...sheesh, you couldve said "not at all" but that would be a lie.

Can I call it or what? Now go cry to the mods or tell me more about you being offended you delicate thing you.

I have to say, watching CNN and MSNBC the other night was a pretty disturbing experience. I observed almost nothing resembling 'News' or 'Journalism.' For the most part, all i observed was a constant stream of 'Trump is a Nazi' and 'Trump is a Racist' rhetoric. That constant stream of inflammatory rhetoric has to have an effect on people.

In my opinion, it was all incitement. It served no 'News' or Journalistic purpose. So is there a line media outlets can cross, that results in the removal of claims to Free Press protections? What is the 'Press' at this point? When is it 'News' or 'Journalism?' When is it incitement?

What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Both sides play this game. It gets old and tiring. Obama is a Muslim, Michelle is a guy, Trump is a racist, Trump is a Nazi, come on, who but idiots can't see that both sides do it?

For either side to claim the high road would be extremely funny, except it is dividing our country.
Trump constantly steps into the realm of berating people for how they look. Plus, he picked as his top advisor the guy who made Breitbart the alt-right mouthpiece.

I don't see any reason to believe Trump isn't racist.

It's not like racists are more overt than Trump is.

"Berating people for how they look", it would only be racist if he berated them because of skin color or origin. Calling Rosie fat is not racist. Making fun of a disabled reporter (which he didn't do) would not be racist. It is insensitive but not racist.

I have to say, watching CNN and MSNBC the other night was a pretty disturbing experience. I observed almost nothing resembling 'News' or 'Journalism.' For the most part, all i observed was a constant stream of 'Trump is a Nazi' and 'Trump is a Racist' rhetoric. That constant stream of inflammatory rhetoric has to have an effect on people.

In my opinion, it was all incitement. It served no 'News' or Journalistic purpose. So is there a line media outlets can cross, that results in the removal of claims to Free Press protections? What is the 'Press' at this point? When is it 'News' or 'Journalism?' When is it incitement?

For either side to claim the high road would be extremely funny, except it is dividing our country.
Trump constantly steps into the realm of berating people for how they look. Plus, he picked as his top advisor the guy who made Breitbart the alt-right mouthpiece.

"Berating people for how they look", it would only be racist if he berated them because of skin color or origin. Calling Rosie fat is not racist. Making fun of a disabled reporter (which he didn't do) would not be racist. It is insensitive but not racist.

Good points. Thanks.

Except, you don't have ANY evidence he is.
... except that his actions are constantly consistent with that direction, and he does nothing to negate that clearly deserved impression. Hate for blacks, hate for Muslims, hate for Hispanics, hate for the disabled, inclusion of the alt-right with no comment on the hate and divisiveness from that segment, etc.

All modern era presidents have worked to bring America together before their innaugeration. His ratings are lower than any incoming president to way back in US history.

Yet, he does nothing to pull America together. He stands pat on his bigotry and continues his divisive direction.

That doesn't negate anything I said.

Any debate coach would point out that you're making MY points.

Could you site specific show and dates, times, commentators…

Because I've never seen CNN or MSNBC do what you're saying.

Fox News on the other hand, does a 24/7 impotent rage misinformation on Obama rant.

I think it may be time to require warnings from the 24hr 'News' Networks. They should be required to warn viewers that what they're presenting is 'opinion information.' The warning should also include language that expresses the information presented, isn't intended to be accepted as actual 'News.'

In my opinion, these networks are deceiving the People. They're presenting information that has nothing to do with News and Journalism. It's all just opinion propaganda. I think the People need to be fully informed about what they're viewing. They're viewing Fake News.

That doesn't negate anything I said.

Any debate coach would point out that you're making MY points.

Explain how berating people is racist? Im sure you have the answer.

Could you site specific show and dates, times, commentators…

Because I've never seen CNN or MSNBC do what you're saying.

Fox News on the other hand, does a 24/7 impotent rage misinformation on Obama rant.

He was specific, he said last night.

Can you be specific on your FOX comment? You know shows, dates, times, commentators.

Except, you don't have ANY evidence he is.
... except that his actions are constantly consistent with that direction, and he does nothing to negate that clearly deserved impression. Hate for blacks, hate for Muslims, hate for Hispanics, hate for the disabled, inclusion of the alt-right with no comment on the hate and divisiveness from that segment, etc.

All modern era presidents have worked to bring America together before their innaugeration. His ratings are lower than any incoming president to way back in US history.

Yet, he does nothing to pull America together. He stands pat on his bigotry and continues his divisive direction.

Your opinions are unfounded. He is married to an immigrant and she's not the first one he was married to. His current wife did lesbian photo shoots. He denounced the racism of the alt-right and I've not seen him show hate for anyone. He has contempt for stupid people and he calls people "losers" when they don't agree with him. That's not hate.

And how the hell is he supposed to bring us together when you're off in the corner stomping your feet, refusing to be brought together under any condition? I don't understand that... what the hell is he supposed to do, use mind control?

It doesn't surprise me his poll numbers are low... I bet your poll numbers would be low too if every major news outlet in America was repeating that you're a racist Hitler fascist fuck who wants to take away everyone's rights for 2 months straight.

All you fuckers have done is have a melt down every day for the past two months. It's like that movie Groundhog's Day... we wake up to the same fucking nightmare all over again... another day of breathless melting down of the liberal left! A little more extreme and bizarre every day. That's JUST as unprecedented in American political history. The last time you Dummycrats were this mad was when Republicans took your slaves away. Literally, that's the last time you showed your collective asses this way.

Forum List

Back