Is There A Line Between 'Incitement' and Free Press Protection?

It is the Democrats who are doing most of the inciting at this point. But like said, Republicans do it too.

No they don't. Republicans don't do this.

Not on this scale anyway. This stuff's pretty insane. I really do fear for the worst.

Example please.

It's everywhere from Democrats. Hollywood Democrats are even in on it now. They've created their bizarre scenario that Trump's this evil 'Racist Nazi' who's gonna lead us to 'End-Times.'

It's ginned up hysteria. It's too much. Some of their supporters are gonna handle it very badly. Democrats should understand that what they're doing, is likely gonna lead to some very bad incidents.

Example, please.

I'd like to hear the OP defend outlawing free speech or a free press. Because let's be honest, this silly question leads to that result.

Nobody is talking about outlawing free speech, ass hat. That's YOUR shtick! That's what libtards do when they're drunk on power with things like the 'Fairness Doctrine' and outcries of "Fake News" when they legitimately lose elections.

Yes you are...that is the result of this questioning. It's like if you asked if fucling a child was really harmful.

Everyone can see what you're leading toward, yet when asked directly you hide saying "nuh uh". Why promote and be ashamed of the same idea?

No ass clown... nobody has said a goddamn word about banning free speech. Your constitutional right to freedom of speech doesn't include a right to incite violence. It doesn't surprise me an idiot moron like you can't comprehend the difference.

Of course you're not saying you want to ban free speech just like someone can ask if fucking a child is really harmful isn't saying fucking children is ok...but you get the message loud and clear.

So I'll ask again, if you say that the press is inciting violence then what could be your solution to stop it?

Oh right, you're too embarrassed to embrace your fascism. I guess this is where you're going to respond all about what you ARE NOT saying. But I'm asking what ARE you promoting?

Yeah, not showing up for the Inauguration seems a bit childish and hateful. Overall, the Democrats have handled their loss very badly. It's disappointing. I see no hope of them and Trump being able to work together on anything.

I don't give a damn if they boycott the inauguration. That's fine with me, no one needs them to be there anyway. It just shows what a bunch of petty immature crybabies they really are in my opinion. But this constant droning and continuing narrative about Trump being illegitimate, unhinged, unqualified, Hitler/Nazi/Racist who's going to strip away all your freedoms... the over-the-top hyperbolic rhetoric that has simply grown louder since the election... that's going to come back to bite them in the ass when the bloodshed happens, and I believe it regrettably will happen.

Yeah, i mean i actually saw someone on CNN stating emphatically that Trump is going to take away all of our Civil Rights. I mean, how is that 'News' or 'Journalism?' That's just insane ginned up hysteria. I mean she said it as if it was absolute fact.

Those kinds of lies will definitely have an adverse effect on many of CNN's viewers. Some will truly believe the lies as being fact. Some will react to it very badly. The Media has responsibilities. But few seem to be living up to them.

Post the link to prove : "someone on CNN stating emphatically that Trump is going to take away all of our Civil Rights"

If you can't I'll add you to my list as a known liar. You won't be alone, many self described conservatives adorn that list.

Yeah, not showing up for the Inauguration seems a bit childish and hateful. Overall, the Democrats have handled their loss very badly. It's disappointing. I see no hope of them and Trump being able to work together on anything.

I don't give a damn if they boycott the inauguration. That's fine with me, no one needs them to be there anyway. It just shows what a bunch of petty immature crybabies they really are in my opinion. But this constant droning and continuing narrative about Trump being illegitimate, unhinged, unqualified, Hitler/Nazi/Racist who's going to strip away all your freedoms... the over-the-top hyperbolic rhetoric that has simply grown louder since the election... that's going to come back to bite them in the ass when the bloodshed happens, and I believe it regrettably will happen.

Yeah, i mean i actually saw someone on CNN stating emphatically that Trump is going to take away all of our Civil Rights. I mean, how is that 'News' or 'Journalism?' That's just insane ginned up hysteria. I mean she said it as if it was absolute fact.

Those kinds of lies will definitely have an adverse effect on many of CNN's viewers. Some will truly believe the lies as being fact. Some will react to it very badly. The Media has responsibilities. But few seem to be living up to them.

Post the link to prove : "someone on CNN stating emphatically that Trump is going to take away all of our Civil Rights"

If you can't I'll add you to my list as a known liar. You won't be alone, many self described conservatives adorn that list.

Just stating what i observed. I didn't record it though. The woman actually stated with a straight face that Trump was going to take away all of our Civil Rights. Seriously, how can that be considered 'News' or 'Journalism?'

Of course you're not saying you want to ban free speech just like someone can ask if fucking a child is really harmful isn't saying fucking children is ok...but you get the message loud and clear.

So I'll ask again, if you say that the press is inciting violence then what could be your solution to stop it?

Oh right, you're too embarrassed to embrace your fascism. I guess this is where you're going to respond all about what you ARE NOT saying. But I'm asking what ARE you promoting?

There is no comparing my position to that of pedophiles and I am offended by that remark. It borderlines on violation of the board rules as well and I suggest you abandon such nonsense.

I've not said the mainstream press has incited violence. I think they are engaging in hyperbolic rhetoric which is equivalent to the "fake news" they were so vehemently opposed to just a few weeks ago. But I believe they are fully within their first amendment rights just as others are within their rights to call them out on it.

My problem is with the organized groups and various left wing websites who ARE inciting violence at the inauguration. I think those people should be prosecuted under current law for public endangerment and their websites closed down. I think those individuals who participated in disseminating their information should be jailed and held liable by any families who suffer any harm due to their negligence.

Just stating what i observed. I didn't record it though. The woman actually stated with a straight face that Trump was going to take away all of our Civil Rights. Seriously, how can that be considered 'News' or 'Journalism?'

What woman?

It isn't. It's propaganda. And those people are paid well to spread it.

There is no comparing my position to that of pedophiles and I am offended by that remark. It borderlines on violation of the board rules as well and I suggest you abandon such nonsense.

I've not said the mainstream press has incited violence. I think they are engaging in hyperbolic rhetoric which is equivalent to the "fake news" they were so vehemently opposed to just a few weeks ago. But I believe they are fully within their first amendment rights just as others are within their rights to call them out on it.

My problem is with the organized groups and various left wing websites who ARE inciting violence at the inauguration. I think those people should be prosecuted under current law for public endangerment and their websites closed down. I think those individuals who participated in disseminating their information should be jailed and held liable by any families who suffer any harm due to their negligence.

You are offended? You once posted pictures of raped and assaulted women and said that you hoped my daughter would end up like that.

Fuck your being offended.

What people?

What people?

The people s/he imagined, or was told by her/his handlers.

Yeah, i mean they all just nodded their heads in agreement. No one questioned her bizarre claim. It was only put out there to upset and incite viewers. It had nothing to do with 'News' or 'Journalism.'

Yeah, i mean they all just nodded their heads in agreement. No one questioned her bizarre claim. It was only put out there to upset and incite viewers. It had nothing to do with 'News' or 'Journalism.'

Who? What time of day and which channel? Come on, weirdo. Let's get some context.

What people?

Have you watched CNN and MSNBC lately? I don't record anything, but they're 24hr networks. You can watch anytime. Decide for yourself whether or not you feel you're watching legitimate 'Press.'

There is a distinction we need to make here. All the so-called NEWS channels have programming which is mostly comprised of political analysis, opinion and commentary. It is complimented by periodic news updates. These assorted commentaries are not news and those who host them are not journalists. What's ironic is just a few weeks ago, when trying to find some excuse for why Hillary lost, they adopted this "fake news" battle cry and promptly pointed their crooked little finger at people on the right who presented opinion and commentary. Now, they are engaging in exactly the same thing they decried. It's the hypocrisy of the left in action, right before our very eyes.

Who? What time of day and which channel? Come on, weirdo. Let's get some context.

Oh, now you're just being shitty. I told you, i don't record anything. But they're 24hr networks. You can see for yourself anytime. A woman states emphatically that Trump is about take away all of our Civil Rights, and no one sitting there questions her on her bizarre claim. That's not 'News.' I don't even know if it can be called 'Press.'

It is the Democrats who are doing most of the inciting at this point. But like said, Republicans do it too.

Not on this scale anyway. This stuff's pretty insane. I really do fear for the worst.

Not on any kind of major scale that I am aware of. Google "republicans protest Obama inauguration" and see what you can find? I don't know of any Republican on a federal or prominent state level who protested Obama's inauguration. Now there could've been some dog catcher in Louisiana who did... there's always a nut bag or two out there, but it was rare if it happened. They damn sure don't incite violence... post instructions on blogs about how to disrupt and cause chaos... how to use acid to spray on people's clothes attending the balls... formulas for stink bombs... yes, all of this is circulating around the left wing blogoshphere and it's going to be a problem for security on inauguration day.

They had a meeting on the day of his inauguration swearing to oppose anything he wanted to do.

The Republicans' Plan for the New President

The free market is all that's needed to put crooked media outlets in the toilet. That's why liberal talk radio has failed and the democrat party tried to enact the ironically named "fairness doctrine" to force right wing radio to spew left wing propaganda.

Not on any kind of major scale that I am aware of. Google "republicans protest Obama inauguration" and see what you can find? I don't know of any Republican on a federal or prominent state level who protested Obama's inauguration. Now there could've been some dog catcher in Louisiana who did... there's always a nut bag or two out there, but it was rare if it happened. They damn sure don't incite violence... post instructions on blogs about how to disrupt and cause chaos... how to use acid to spray on people's clothes attending the balls... formulas for stink bombs... yes, all of this is circulating around the left wing blogoshphere and it's going to be a problem for security on inauguration day.

They had a meeting on the day of his inauguration swearing to oppose anything he wanted to do.

The Republicans' Plan for the New President

Oh, now you're just being shitty. I told you, i don't record anything. But they're 24hr networks. You can see for yourself anytime. A woman states emphatically that Trump is about take away all of our Civil Rights, and no one sitting there questions her on her bizarre claim. That's not 'News.' I don't even know if it can be called 'Press.'

So go to the MSNBC website or the CNN website. They post segments of shows and even the entire shows. Find the segment you refer to.

There is a distinction we need to make here. All the so-called NEWS channels have programming which is mostly comprised of political analysis, opinion and commentary. It is complimented by periodic news updates. These assorted commentaries are not news and those who host them are not journalists. What's ironic is just a few weeks ago, when trying to find some excuse for why Hillary lost, they adopted this "fake news" battle cry and promptly pointed their crooked little finger at people on the right who presented opinion and commentary. Now, they are engaging in exactly the same thing they decried. It's the hypocrisy of the left in action, right before our very eyes.

They should all be forced to remove the word 'News' from their company names. It isn't right telling Americans they're giving them real 'News' and 'Journalism.' If all they're giving them is incitement propaganda, they should be forced to disclose that.

Forum List

Back