Zone1 is there anything you like about the Catholic church?

I like all the idols in Catholic churches
Oooooo! That struck deep! Very deep! There's just got to be someone reading your words who's now in serious pain and scrambling to deny ..... to deflect .... to interpret .... to rewrite the Ten Commandments. Ouch!

:whip:

Oooooo! That struck deep! Very deep! There's just got to be someone reading your words who's now in serious pain and scrambling to deny ..... to deflect .... to interpret .... to rewrite the Ten Commandments. Ouch!
Yes, I had to reach for a tissue to wipe tears from my eyes from laughing so hard. I recommend a dictionary. Alternately, read through the Bible. What images did God command being put on the Ark of the Covenant? What image did God command to be raised up when the people were being bitten by snakes? What images were in the Temple?

I am waiting for the hysteria from non-believers since people who do believe are also known to not only look at images of pomegranates, but to actually eat them.

Yep

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1706594671561.jpg
    FB_IMG_1706594671561.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 2
Catholicism is a cult so don't give me that "free to accept or reject" nonsense.
it is NOT a cult …..
Let us take one step back to lay some fundamental groundwork before we proceed to the point at hand. After all, everything is relevant, don't you agree? What does Judaism (the basis of Christianity and Islam, as a matter of fact) say about our relationship with God? I'll tell you. The teachings of Judaism say that ANYONE can find God's good graces by following a few rules. In the case of devout Jews they need to adhere to more than 600 Commandments. EVERYONE else (read that as EVERYONE ELSE!!!) need only obey 10 of them in order that God will accept us as worthy. That's the groundwork I spoke of. :26:

Now, let us get back to that little contention that you and I disagree on. CATHOLOCISM. According to the Catholic Church, all non-Christians will end up in hell. Period. I call that a Cult. Don't you? :mad:

According to the Catholic Church, all non-Christians will end up in hell.
That is not true. According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Judaism has an everlasting Covenant with God, and Islam has a covenant as well.

Catholic teaching is that it teaches the Way of salvation Jesus taught, and so it guarantees this Way will lead to salvation. The Church has not the authority to announce that Taoism, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. also are ways of salvation, because in his teaching, Jesus made no mention of these. Therefore, people of all other faiths--and of no faith--are left in the hands of God who is loving and merciful.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church also teaches that the Church does not know who--if anyone--is in hell. Finally, the Church teaches God does not throw anyone into hell. Hell is a choice people make to stay apart from God for all eternity.

Forum List

Back