Zone1 is there anything you like about the Catholic church?

Give some examples of his living the faith.

He stopped attending Mass and receiving the Sacraments when he left home (age 18). He committed suicide. Hours before this suicide he married Eva Braun in a civil ceremony. He consider Jesus to be too soft, weak and unsuitable as a messiah. So...what, in your opinion, made him a good Catholic?
Oh you don't like it that Hitler was a good Catholic? Nothing can be done about it.

By the way - nearly all leading Nazis and member of the SS married only in a civil ceremony. The very few who married also in a church did do so on propagandistic reasons. In Germany and Austria it was normal first to marry in a civil ceremony and afterwards to marry in a church service.
All the more ironic that after their civil ceremony, instead of following it up with a Catholic ceremony, they chose, as their follow-up, suicide. Instead of choosing a blessing, they chose mortal sin...

Oh you don't like it that Hitler was a good Catholic? Nothing can be done about it.
If Hitler was a good Catholic, I would like to know what made him a good Catholic. I tried to find something, and couldn't, so I asked why you thought he was a good Catholic. I take it you have a reason(s) for your opinion?

If Hitler was a good Catholic, then he should be given credit for being a good Catholic. So...why do you believe he was a good Catholic?

If Hitler was a good Catholic, I would like to know what made him a good Catholic. I tried to find something, and couldn't, so I asked why you thought he was a good Catholic. I take it you have a reason(s) for your opinion?

If Hitler was a good Catholic, then he should be given credit for being a good Catholic. So...why do you believe he was a good Catholic?
The Catholics Church was satisfied with Hitler. They didn't throw him out

Hitler was a good Catholic
Yep.
I'll take your word for it.
Take the Bishop's word for it ...
Hitler.jpg

Yes. Hitler wrote in "Mein Kampf" that he always dreamed of one day joining the order
He thought of being a choir boy studying at an abbey. He gave up that idea long before writing "Mein Kampf". Context matters.

Look, if your idea of a good Catholic is someone who leaves the faith when they are eighteen, is responsible for the murder of millions, and then commits suicide, then that is your own idea of a good Catholic Have you met any other Catholics as good as Hitler? ;)

Yep.

Take the Bishop's word for it ...
There is a picture of President Trump shaking hands with the Pope. Does that make the former President a good Catholic, or does it make the Pope a good US citizen?

All the more ironic that after their civil ceremony, instead of following it up with a Catholic ceremony, they chose, as their follow-up, suicide. Instead of choosing a blessing, they chose mortal sin...

It's indeed a little more evil. This was their plan. In 1942 for example - when the hot phase of the Holocaust started - it was also clear that Germany will lose this war. The leading Nazis often had a tooth which contained a poison to do suicide. So they knew very well what they did do - and their goal not had been not to lose or to win, what the most people in the world are thinking. The war and mass-murder on its own had been their goal - not to win or to lose.

He thought of being a choir boy studying at an abbey. He gave up that idea long before writing "Mein Kampf". Context matters.

Look, if your idea of a good Catholic is someone who leaves the faith when they are eighteen, is responsible for the murder of millions, and then commits suicide, then that is your own idea of a good Catholic Have you met any other Catholics as good as Hitler? ;)
It's no use. He's one of yours

..... if your idea of a good Catholic is someone who ..... Have you met any other Catholics as good as Hitler?
What about Benito Mussolini? Al Capone? Albert DeSalvo? Richard Speck? Richard Ramirez? Ted Bundy? Jeffrey Dahlmer? John Wayne Gacy? George Bush Jr? And then there are good Jews like Net & Yahoo? David Burkowitz?

Just like the Catholics are ashamed of Hitler.
Catholics were ashamed Hitler left the Church when he was 18? It wasn't that odd of an occurrence. His family may have been, but I don't know enough about them.

Forum List

Back