Is this a parody???

Do you consider this thread news or perpetuating a hoax/trolling?

• Yeah, this is news. I hadn't heard it before. Very important with the election going.

• No, because this is Donald Trump, it's a hoax, not news.

• It would be news if it was Ted Cruz or John Kasich, but because it's Trump, no way.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Never thought I'd see the day when Avatar did the lefts dirty work for them. Shocked really

The left is responsible for this? You know this how?
Either the left or Cruz as Doc suggested. Either way it is almost certainly dirty politics borderling on perjury. And you were all to happy to run with it.

It's not bordering on perjury - if the claims are bullshit, it is perjury.

Exactly. So back to who is this Complaintant? Which no one seems to know at this point

So apparently we can't discuss an existing civil case concerning Donald Trump without lacking character even if we are Completely skeptical of the allegations without further evidence?

Who makes these ridiculous rules? If Obama, Clinton, Cruz, kasich, or Sanders was accused of rape in a legal complaint would anyone ignore it? That's assinine

Of course we can discuss it.

In fact, that's exactly what we are doing.
She's just pissed I've called out her duplicity

So apparently we can't discuss an existing civil case concerning Donald Trump without lacking character even if we are Completely skeptical of the allegations without further evidence?

Who makes these ridiculous rules? If Obama, Clinton, Cruz, kasich, or Sanders was accused of rape in a legal complaint would anyone ignore it? That's assinine

And yet, somehow my character is in question for discussing it even though I'm skeptical. That doesn't make sense

Never thought I'd see the day when Avatar did the lefts dirty work for them. Shocked really

Either the left or Cruz as Doc suggested. Either way it is almost certainly dirty politics borderling on perjury. And you were all to happy to run with it.

Exactly. So back to who is this Complaintant? Which no one seems to know at this point
It's 11:45 pm on Friday night. Do you suppose the answers you seek will surface on USMB?

She's just pissed I've called out her duplicity

What duplicity? Discussing a news story and showing skepticism about it until evidence is provided? Funny thing is I did the same thing with the Cruz affair story. I'm defending Trump and I'm being duplicitous?

And yet, somehow my character is in question for discussing it even though I'm skeptical. That doesn't make sense
Motive

You'd not have a problem with that, right?

What I have a problem with is idle speculation.

This isn't some rumor; it was filed in a clerk's office in California. Presumably the clerk's initials will lead reporters to him/her where they can verify if a woman actually presented herself and filed the suit.

Yeah, well, I can't help someone who wants to see truth in an obvious lie. Have at it, my deluded friend.
It isn't idle speculation. What is wrong with some of you people? This is a political message board and a story about a Presidential candidate is in the news. I found it at four different news sources. Plus the actual document has been posted.

It's 11:45 pm on Friday night. Do you suppose the answers you seek will surface on USMB?

It's quite possible someone will know more than the stories I've found.

Hence the point of discussing it

And yet, somehow my character is in question for discussing it even though I'm skeptical.

Well, it sounds like to me, if it involves Trump, you'll always be skeptical. I've seen enough of your posts to know how strongly you despise him.

You asked earlier "why should we ignore these rape allegations?" or something similar. Namely because the woman he supposedly raped doesn't exist. It's hard to take allegations of that nature seriously as a result.

It's quite possible someone will know more than the stories I've found.

Hence the point of discussing it
The "point" of discussing it, for you at least, is to defame Trump.

Or do you take us all for fools?

This isn't some rumor; it was filed in a clerk's office in California. Presumably the clerk's initials will lead reporters to him/her where they can verify if a woman actually presented herself and filed the suit.

Yeah, well, I can't help someone who wants to see truth in an obvious lie. Have at it, my deluded friend.
It isn't idle speculation. What is wrong with some of you people? This is a political message board and a story about a Presidential candidate is in the news. I found it at four different news sources. Plus the actual document has been posted.

Until someone proves Trump actually raped a woman named "Katie" it is idle speculation. Period.

I agree. The accusation has been made. No speculation there.

Whether there is evidence to back it up, I'm extremely skeptical.

Accusations are hardly evidence. Therefore speculation. I can accuse you of raping babies, but until I back it up, that accusation has no merit. See where this is going?

And yet, somehow my character is in question for discussing it even though I'm skeptical.

Well, it sounds like to me, if it involves Trump, you'll always be skeptical. I've seen enough of your posts to know how strongly you despise him.

You asked earlier "why should we ignore these rape allegations?" or something similar. Namely because the woman he supposedly raped doesn't exist. It's hard to take allegations of that nature seriously as a result.

Someone made the allegations under penalty of perjury. We should ignore that before we know anything about this person?

Accusations are hardly evidence. Therefore speculation. I can accuse you of raping babies, but until I back it up, that accusation has no merit. See where this is going?

Again, there is no speculation to the allegations. They exist. There is no disputing that.

Whether there is evidence to support that is speculation.

Ok, I think it's time to merge these threads.

That being said, I don't think there's anything wrong with posting this story - it is a "real" story, albeit one that's likely full of shit.

There's also nothing wrong with talking about possible motivations that posters may or may not have in posting the story. Both are legitimate topics of discussion, as are Sil's "guilty until thrown out by judge" legal theories.

Again, there is no speculation to the allegations. They exist. There is no disputing that.

The idle speculation exists. Accusations are speculation until they are proven with concrete evidence. That's it, that's all.

No, accusations are accusations until they are proven.

They're not "speculation". Speculation means something different, it is more general.

"Donald Trump raped me" is an accusation.
"I wonder if Donald Trump ever raped anyone." is speculation.

We should ignore that before we know anything about this person?

Yes. Because this "someone" doesn't even exist, not by the name of Katie anyway. Simply lying about your name on the suit is perjury. And, in further reading this person filed this suit without the aid of an attorney. Just how far does this person expect to get in legal proceedings?

Until someone proves Trump actually raped a woman named "Katie" it is idle speculation. Period.
Well, under your definition the accusations against Bill Clinton are nothing more than idle speculation. Hasn't stopped those accusations from being made. In fact someone posted a list in the very thread consisting of anonymous victims and women who have recanted and changed their stories. Not a single accusation has ever been proven.
What makes Trump so different?

Forum List

Back