Is tolerance and respect a two way street?

No it's not reasonable but I'm sure it follows much unreasoning by Republicans 8 years under Obama and republicans were reasonable? The point is it's got to start somewhere and both parties must give an inch

I guess you forgot what Obama said shortly after he was elected

"elections have consequences"
"we won"
"republicans can move to the back of the bus"

He started this shit and you dems backed him.

I agree that both sides need to forget their parties and do what is needed for the country. The dems need to accept that Trump won and Hillary lost.
And did you conveniently forget what McConnell said about Obama?? And yes trump won and look at all the shit he's brought with him His own party knows he's an AH Gov'ts around the world know it Seems like the only ones who don't are his base who would follow him into hell

McConnell and the GOP in congress were determined to stop Obama's far left policies and ideology, it was not personal, grow the fuck up.

Trump is doing what he was sent to DC to do. Make the USA first again, put American citizens first again, create a business friendly environment creating jobs in this country, take a strong position with both our friends and our enemies, drain the swamp in DC of the leeches in both parties, repeal obamacare,

what you fools really fear is that he is succeeding.
LOL if you call what your AH in the WH is doing as succeeding you are rowing a boat with 1 oar And not personal?? Sure it was personal and ANTI American

unemployment is the lowest its been in years, the stock market is breaking records, companies are building new facilities in the USA, the US was able to get Russia and China to join in a boycott of North Korea, our military is stronger, our allies trust us again, infrastructure building is starting, illegal border crossings are down 70%, MS 13 gang members are being removed from the country.

Yes, he is doing America's business and doing it well.

Obama had the opportunity to be a great president but his hatred of this country prevented it. It was all of his doing, he failure belongs to him and no one else.

The unemployment rate, market and the new facilities being built are all on Obama, not Trump. This the the country and economy Trump was handed. The decisions to bring those plants to the US before there was any indication Trump would be elected.

Trump is simply riding on Obama's coat tails at this point. Not that you would ever give Obama credit for the job he did.

"we won"

I agree that both sides need to forget their parties and do what is needed for the country. The dems need to accept that Trump won and Hillary lost.
And did you conveniently forget what McConnell said about Obama?? And yes trump won and look at all the shit he's brought with him His own party knows he's an AH Gov'ts around the world know it Seems like the only ones who don't are his base who would follow him into hell

McConnell and the GOP in congress were determined to stop Obama's far left policies and ideology, it was not personal, grow the fuck up.

Trump is doing what he was sent to DC to do. Make the USA first again, put American citizens first again, create a business friendly environment creating jobs in this country, take a strong position with both our friends and our enemies, drain the swamp in DC of the leeches in both parties, repeal obamacare,

LOL if you call what your AH in the WH is doing as succeeding you are rowing a boat with 1 oar And not personal?? Sure it was personal and ANTI American

unemployment is the lowest its been in years, the stock market is breaking records, companies are building new facilities in the USA, the US was able to get Russia and China to join in a boycott of North Korea, our military is stronger, our allies trust us again, infrastructure building is starting, illegal border crossings are down 70%, MS 13 gang members are being removed from the country.

Obama had the opportunity to be a great president but his hatred of this country prevented it. It was all of his doing, he failure belongs to him and no one else.

The unemployment rate, market and the new facilities being built are all on Obama, not Trump. This the the country and economy Trump was handed. The decisions to bring those plants to the US before there was any indication Trump would be elected.

Trump is simply riding on Obama's coat tails at this point. Not that you would ever give Obama credit for the job he did.
thank you dragon these dolts will never admit it

Why be tolerant of what you believe is wrong?
Because people are entitled to their opinions are they not?

How can I take your opinion away from you?

by violently keeping him from expressing it. That is exactly what your left wing buddies did in Berkley. and what Hitler, Castro, and Mao did in different times.

I don't do any such thing. 99.9% of liberals don't do any such thing.

good for you, but when your left wing leaders do not condemn such behavior as well as the perpetrators of it, you are effectively condoning it, and its a lot more than .01% of you on the left, most of the hollyloonies and the media make the number closer to 50% of liberals who condone violence and the suppression of free speech.

You have very selective hearing when it comes to hate speech. When right wingers here, like Stevie McRacist make nazi racist statements against blacks or Jews, do you ignore it? Or do you quietly agree and say nothing?

I've lost count of the posters here who say America will be great again, when all of the liberals are dead. Not once have I ever seen a liberal suggest all conservatives be killed or deported.

I've lost count of the posters here who are looking forward to right vs. violence. Bring it on. Not one person here advocating violence is left wing. And not one right winger here has disavowed those calls for violence.

At the extreme ends of both right and left are a small group of crazies just looking for an excuse to crack heads and wreck things. The problem is that the left wing crazies are a handful. 200 or so on Inauguration Day, another handful at Berkeley.

Thousands of armed right wing militias came out in Charlotte, telling Trump that they elected him and he owes them. And from right wingers here - crickets.

the dems were invited to participate in the healthcare debate and refused to participate. Is that being reasonable?
No it's not reasonable but I'm sure it follows much unreasoning by Republicans 8 years under Obama and republicans were reasonable? The point is it's got to start somewhere and both parties must give an inch

"we won"

How come he needed a spokesman to call out those white alt rights those terrorists?

He called out ALL terrorists. Why cant you on the left call out the terrorism conducted by BLM, Antifa, the Berkley rioters, and other far left zealots?

Why do you condone some terrorism and condemn other terrorism?

Your hypocritical stance on this makes you look like an idiot.

Unemployment has been lowers it has been in years, like a year before Obama LEFT Office. However, you and your fellow jackass partisan Republicans simply REFUSED to hear it.

hear_no_evil_see_no_evil_speak_no_evil_01_3_monkeys.jpg

Let me ask you, never mind the specific policy/ies that Trump signed to cause all this good stuff you're espousing, but WHEN did it take effect?

that list has been provided many times already. you wont accept it so I am not going to waste my time with you

A majority of Americans are decent, tolerant, reasonable people.

It's the wingers who have been conditioned to be intolerant. They're just much louder.

yes....

but decency should be what we all require. and we require it by going out and voting in primaries... which attract the most extreme of both sides.

in a normal world john Kasich would have gotten the republican nomination and a real discussion about ideas could have been had.

instead we got a guy who thinks its ok to walk into a dressing room with half-dressed teenage girls "because he can" and grab women by the genitals because "when you're famous 'they let you'." (not that he ever asked first).

Because people are entitled to their opinions are they not?

by violently keeping him from expressing it. That is exactly what your left wing buddies did in Berkley. and what Hitler, Castro, and Mao did in different times.

good for you, but when your left wing leaders do not condemn such behavior as well as the perpetrators of it, you are effectively condoning it, and its a lot more than .01% of you on the left, most of the hollyloonies and the media make the number closer to 50% of liberals who condone violence and the suppression of free speech.

You have very selective hearing when it comes to hate speech. When right wingers here, like Stevie McRacist make nazi racist statements against blacks or Jews, do you ignore it? Or do you quietly agree and say nothing?

I've lost count of the posters here who say America will be great again, when all of the liberals are dead. Not once have I ever seen a liberal suggest all conservatives be killed or deported.

I've lost count of the posters here who are looking forward to right vs. violence. Bring it on. Not one person here advocating violence is left wing. And not one right winger here has disavowed those calls for violence.

At the extreme ends of both right and left are a small group of crazies just looking for an excuse to crack heads and wreck things. The problem is that the left wing crazies are a handful. 200 or so on Inauguration Day, another handful at Berkeley.

Thousands of armed right wing militias came out in Charlotte, telling Trump that they elected him and he owes them. And from right wingers here - crickets.

the right wing zealots in VA have been called out and their actions condemned by virtually everyone on the right or in the Trump camp.

Whats missing here is for you on the left to call out and condemn BLM and other far left terrorist groups. They have called for the murder of police, the murder of republican congressmen. Do you condone that? if so, say it.

A majority of Americans are decent, tolerant, reasonable people.

It's the wingers who have been conditioned to be intolerant. They're just much louder.

yes....

but decency should be what we all require. and we require it by going out and voting in primaries... which attract the most extreme of both sides.

in a normal world john Kasich would have gotten the republican nomination and a real discussion about ideas could have been had.

instead we got a guy who thinks its ok to walk into a dressing room with half-dressed teenage girls "because he can" and grab women by the genitals because "when you're famous 'they let you'." (not that he ever asked first).

but you are OK with bill Clinton getting a BJ from a 19 year old intern in the
oval office? WTF is wrong with you?

Not according to extremists on both / either side.

Not according to extremists on both / either side.

very true, however whats also true is that the far left morons are a much larger group than the far right morons. The far left includes most of the democrat party, most of the media, most of Hollywood, and most big city governments (which are all failing and going broke).

"we won"

Far left? Obama is a centre right conservative by any reasonable definition.

American politics has moved so far to the right, that Ronald Reagan, who was considered to be radically right wing when elected, is now considered by many Republicans to be a RINO.

If it wasn't "personal", why did Republicans vote against EVERTHING Obama proposed, even stuff like programs for veterans, help for the children of Flint Michigan, and other bi-partisan initiatives that any reasonable human being would support? Why have they passed these same initiatives now that a Republican is in the White House?

If it wasn't personal, why did they vow that Obama would be a one-term President, and have "nothing to run on".

If it wasn't personal, why did Republicans vote against their own best interests, why are they doing nothing but dismantling the policies that gave you 72 months of continuing gains in employment, tripled the stock market, and has ultimately reduced war and conflict throughout the world.

In 6 short months, that stability has been threatened in a very real way. And idiots are celebrating the very idea of using nuclear weapons.

As venal and corrupt that Bush and Cheney were, they did not threaten anyone with nuclear war. Besides, Cheney needed that ground war so Haliburton could prosper.

One take-away from all of this is that when Trump goes unscripted, he sounds just as stupid, arrogant and just as bat shit crazy as Un. When you speak in a crazy person's language, you're talking crazy too.

the GOP voted against those bills because every one of them contained far left add on provisions that were unacceptable. Those bills were an attempt to sneak liberal provisions in under the guise of things everyone was in favor of.

Trump has not threatened anyone with nuclear war. North Korea has done the threatening. Trump has told them in no uncertain terms that if they take such a stupid step that the USA will retaliate and destroy little fat boy and his nation. Truman did the same thing and then followed through with it-----Truman was a democrat, remember?

ok, Jilly, what do you find funny about the truth? Everything in my post is the absolute truth. Sorry, if the truth violates your liberal fantasy of the world.

"we won"

How come he needed a spokesman to call out those white alt rights those terrorists?

He called out ALL terrorists. Why cant you on the left call out the terrorism conducted by BLM, Antifa, the Berkley rioters, and other far left zealots?

bfd he called out all terrorists?/ Why not just the alt right nazis He called out Muslims why not this hate group

"we won"

bfd he called out all terrorists?/ Why not just the alt right nazis He called out Muslims why not this hate group
Do you have any idea how stupid you fools sound?

You must not.

"we won"

Obama refused to use the words "radical Islamic terrorists". Why didn't he condemn ALL terrorists?

I do think that Trump has mentioned the Nazis and white nationalists and the KKK as terrorist groups that will not be tolerated.

Still waiting for anyone on the left to call out radical Islamic terrorists. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The_Tolerance_of_the_Prophet_towards_Other_Religions_(part_1_of_2)_001.jpg
The dealings of the Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, with other religions can best be described in the verse of the Quran:

“To you be your religion, to me be mine.”

Do the kings of Saudi Arabia allow other religions? Do the mullahs of Iran? ISIS in Syria? Assad in Syria?

You also failed to quote the many passages in the Koran that call for the killing of non muslims, the mutilation of young girls, marriage of girls at 9, the caliphate to convert the entire world to islam, the removal of all symbols of other religions, honor killings

Islam is a religion of hate and murder. Not all muslims practice those aspects of it, but that's not the point being made here.

No it isn't.

"we won"

Trump is doing what he was

"we won"

sent to DC to do. Make the USA first again, put American citizens first again, create a business friendly environment creating jobs in this country, take a strong position with both our friends and our enemies, drain the swamp in DC of the leeches in both parties, repeal obamacare,

Every person here condemned the shooting of police officers. Left or right. But here is the difference: Black Lives Matter was not involved in shooting any of those officers. Not one person charged in those shootings was a member or affiliated with BLM.

What's worse is that every time an innocent black person, like Trayvon Martin, was murdered, the right immediately "thugified him". Trayvon was a 17 year old kid with a hoodie and a pocketful of skittles when that creepy right winger decided he was a criminal and began stalking him.

When Obama called out terrorists, right wingers said it wasn't enough. He had to attack "Radical Muslim Terrorism". But it seems that right wingers are still in denial about Right Wing Racial Terrorism. Even after Dylan Roof. Even after the Portland knife murders, even after Charlottesville.

Trump just called out the neo-Nazis and racists and said that he was going to restore rights and law and order for all people of all colours. Good on him.

Time for you lot to do the same.

This is why I have no respect for any of these far rightwing sons-of-bitches on USMB.

They are dishonest and despicable to the bone.

the right wing zealots in VA have been called out and their actions condemned by virtually everyone on the right or in the Trump camp.

Whats missing here is for you on the left to call out and condemn BLM and other far left terrorist groups. They have called for the murder of police, the murder of republican congressmen. Do you condone that? if so, say it.

Everyone here has condemned violence from both sides but you never seem to hear it. You're too busy branding the latest unarmed black victim of a police shooting as a "thug", even the married middle-aged father whose SUV broke down on the highway, waved down the police to help him and ended up dead.

There are never any consequences when police just shoot down black people. When that 11 year old was shot with a replica gun, the police didn't say anything, they pulled up, got out of the car, and shot the kid. It all took less time than it took you to read it.

When citizens are in greater peril for calling the police than they were before they called, you have a very big problem. If police are so frightened of citizens with guns that honest, legally authorized gun owners are commonly shot, or worse, unarmed citizens are routinely killed by the police, your country has a serious problem.

American police are killing close to 600 citizens a year and wounding hundreds more. a year. Too often unarned citizens in search of police assistance, end up as victims. The Freddie Grace case in Baltimore is egregious and yet not one of the cops who cuffed that man and tossed him in the back of the police van, has had any consequences as a result of his death.

Liberals are constantly screaming at us that we must be tolerant and respectful of: muslims, transsexuals, tree huggers, algore worshipers, globalists, illegal aliens, and all other forms of deviation and illegality.

So, lets ask:

are muslims tolerant and respectful of Christians, Jews, Buddhists, etc? Are there churches and synagoges in muslim countries? does sharia law treat non muslims with tolerance and respect?

Do the sexual deviants tolerate and respect those who find their lifestyles offensive?

Do the global warmers and vegans tolerate and respect the views of those who disagree with them?

Did the rioters at Berkley tolerate and respect the views of the conservative speakers scheduled to speak there?

Do those who want open borders tolerate and respect the views of those who want controls on immigration?

I don't see any tolerance and respect from the left while they demand it from everyone else.

Comments?

We know now that liberals are not tolerant of any dissent, and will go so far as to black list and smear conservative co-workers behind their backs in secret.

Forum List

Back