Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

• Yes

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
One of his Superbowl loses was a perfect season. How many average QB's have a perfect season? None. You got to be something special to do that.
No. You have to be a special team to do that. Look up the season and it will show you that the New England Patriots were 18-1. It will not say that Tom Brady was 18-1.

And Brady didn't have a "perfect" season. He lost the Super Bowl. The only QB in NFL history to actually have a perfect season is Bob Griese. And nobody would ever make the case that he is "special".

[1. The fact they never won when it counted taints all their careers.
Only in the eyes of people that don't understand football. There are 22 men on the field on any given play, and 44 starters not including special teams. One man cannot carry a game with 44 different players not including special teams. One player (such as Michael Jordan) can easily carry 4 other teammates in a game. But football is a complete different beast. It is the ultimate team sport. The team sport to end all team sports.

Lol! It matter not what a fool thinks, it's just fun to egg him on and on and catch him in hypocrisy. It has been amusing to see you squirm.

Poopergegio: "Lol! It matter not what a fool thinks"

Then stop taking to your self .:uhoh3::itsok:

If I thought you were the least bit serious about the issue, it would be on thing, I know you are not and just entertaining yourself, so that is what makes it fun.
I am very serious about Brady, his lying, cheating, destroying evidence and subsequent suspension

Nah, you just use the subject to troll with, it is quite obvious.

You are pure entertainment and I realize that you just say crap to get others riled up. No harm, no foul.
And Alex is the pot calling the kettle black. He knew his college team mates were taking steroids and said nothing. So what does he tell his kids? He tells them to tell on their teammates if they know they are taking drugs or deflating balls?

Every team/player will "cheat" if they think they can get away with it or if they are not snitches who want to wind up in ditches like Alex.

Alex only thinks it is cheating if a higher authority deems it so.

If I thought you were the least bit serious about the issue, it would be on thing, I know you are not and just entertaining yourself, so that is what makes it fun.
I am very serious about Brady, his lying, cheating, destroying evidence and subsequent suspension

You are pure entertainment and I realize that you just say crap to get others riled up. No harm, no foul.
And Alex is the pot calling the kettle black. He knew his college team mates were taking steroids and said nothing. So what does he tell his kids? He tells them to tell on their teammates if they know they are taking drugs or deflating balls?

Every team/player will "cheat" if they think they can get away with it or if they are not snitches who want to wind up in ditches like Alex.

Obviously you think you and your analysis trumps all else, it does not, neither does mine. That is why there is the NFL and the power that Brady and the rest of the players gave the NFL is the higher authority.

That is all you have said in every post. We all get that, yet it doesn't change facts. You are not the only and final word on the subject. You are one opinion in a sea of billions.
It matters to you, a great deal, otherwise you not be posting this......repeatedly

Lol! It matter not what a fool thinks, it's just fun to egg him on and on and catch him in hypocrisy. It has been amusing to see you squirm.

Wow! Pooper how original, you get that from your butt buddy LA Ram? LOL!!!

YOu need to get bett

You get riled up...:itsok:

Did Brady's representatives use your argument when countering the NFL's position?

You don't rile me up, you get me laughing. Anyone that pretends to take Laramsfan seriously is just trolling.
So your answer is that no matter how much you jump and dance with this story of "others" who supposedly cheated. Neither the NFL nor the court would take it as an actual defense or qualified rebuttal.

You did not have to make a fool out of yourself with the garbage you posted.:lame2:

Brady cheated, you are okay with cheating as long as an authority doesn't punish you. You are trolling and then making up shit about what I say. I understand you completely. You are trolling.

the cheatriot apologists just dont understand that these games are rigged,that just like presidential elections its just as much a phony and fraud as it is,same as it,just a dog and pony show where the outcome was long planned before the results were publicy shown.

Last year the NFL wanted peyton manning to go out on top with another superbowl trophy and retire so they fixed it with a BS call that hurt the panthers major big time.i only know about that cause i saw people post here about it and since games are online now,you can go back and watch it. football is all about momentum and when it is taken out from you when you have something going that is going your way when it is CRUCIAL you have it so you can get back in it,that can be demoralizing for a teams confidance as it was for the panthers when it is taken away from you as it was for the panthers.they NEEDED that drive to get back into and the corrupt refs took it away from them depriving them any chance of it.

and the donkey fans when i pointed that out told said i was a panthers fan,hardly,i dont like either of those teams and i did not care which one of them won cause of that.:rolleyes: who wins will depend most on what they have the most money on.last year the panthers were a scoring machine and newton was the QB of the year so they had most the money on the panthers.Year before,the seahawks had shut down the broncos,the highest scoring offense in NFL history so pete the cheat was paid off in advance obviously so that if there was any chance to win at the end,to throw the game as he did obviously.any THINKING person who can think outside the box can see that.:rolleyes: year before that,as i said,the broncos were a scoring machine nobody could stop so the most money was on the broncos so they rigged it for the seahawks to win, THIS year,I dont know what most the money has been put on as of yet right now,but i am betting the NFL wants Brady to have superbowl ring number FIVE same as they wanted manning to retire with another superbowl ring so they have it rigged for the cheats to win again.we will see.

Last edited:
the cheatriot apologists just dont understand that these games are rigged,that just like presidential elections its just as much a phony and fraud as it is,same as it,just a dog and pony show where the outcome was long planned before the reults were publicy shown.

Last year the NFL wanted peyton manning to go out on top and retire so they fixed it with a BS call that hurt the panthers major big time.i only know about that cause i saw people post here about it and since games are online now,you can go back and watch it. football is all about momentum and when it is taken out from you when you have something going that is going your way so you can get back in it,that can be demoralizing for a teams confidance as it was for the panthers.they NEEDED that drive to get back into and the corrupt refs took it away from them depriving them any chance of it.

and the donkey fans when i pointed that out told said i was a panthers fan,hardly,i dont like either of those teams and i did not care which one of them won cause of that.:rolleyes: who wins will depend most on what they have the most money on.last year the panthers were a scoring machine and newton was the QB of the year so they had most the money on him.The year before it was on the seahawks having beat the broncos

Again, if the games are rigged how could Brady of cheated?

About 55 more hours to go until we know the final score.
as I said,i am betting the NFL wants brady to have ring # 5 same as they wanted Manning to go out and retire on top with another ring so they have it rigged for them to win another.we will see. i can almost guarantee one thing,it will be close and down to the wire,they always are because the NFL rigs it that way cause they want the cheats to show they had a tough climb but in the end because they are the PATRIOTS,they win in the end with close battles.

It matters to you, a great deal, otherwise you not be posting this......repeatedly

YOu need to get bett

Did Brady's representatives use your argument when countering the NFL's position?

You don't rile me up, you get me laughing. Anyone that pretends to take Laramsfan seriously is just trolling.
So your answer is that no matter how much you jump and dance with this story of "others" who supposedly cheated. Neither the NFL nor the court would take it as an actual defense or qualified rebuttal.

You did not have to make a fool out of yourself with the garbage you posted.:lame2:

Brady cheated, you are okay with cheating as long as an authority doesn't punish you. You are trolling and then making up shit about what I say. I understand you completely. You are trolling.
Brady and other players and the NFL are the parties to the CBA, not you , not me. Brady was punished according to the terms of the contract he signed with the NFL.

You can't handle the truth.....

75203_61a65ab4f8a4d0d32849dea28a8a510e.jpg

Obviously you think you and your analysis trumps all else, it does not, neither does mine. That is why there is the NFL and the power that Brady and the rest of the players gave the NFL is the higher authority.

No Alex, mine is just one opinion, and I don't think it is any better than anyone else's. I don't have to agree with the NFL, nor do I have to agree with you or anyone else. Brady cheated and the NFL should have treated it the way they treat any other football tampering, the fact they didn't made a non-story into a big irrelevant story that is my opinion.

YOu need to get bett

Brady and other players and the NFL are the parties to the CBA, not you , not me. Brady was punished according to the terms of the contract he signed with the NFL.

I can handle it, I don't agree with it. Keep on trolling!

No Alex, mine is just one opinion, and I don't think it is any better than anyone else's. I don't have to agree with the NFL, nor do I have to agree with you or anyone else. Brady cheated and the NFL should have treated it the way they treat any other football tampering, the fact they didn't made a non-story into a big irrelevant story that is my opinion.
Your opinion is based wishful thinking.

One of his Superbowl loses was a perfect season. How many average QB's have a perfect season? None. You got to be something special to do that.
No. You have to be a special team to do that. Look up the season and it will show you that the New England Patriots were 18-1. It will not say that Tom Brady was 18-1.

And Brady didn't have a "perfect" season. He lost the Super Bowl. The only QB in NFL history to actually have a perfect season is Bob Griese. And nobody would ever make the case that he is "special".

Anyone in the HOF is special.

Griese led the Dolphins to three consecutive Super Bowl appearances, including two Super Bowl victories (VII and VIII). Griese was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. He's a Hall of Famer for winning 2 of 3 Superbowls.

Brady is 4-6 and soon 5-7 or 4-7. Griese is a HOF'er and he's just a measly 2 for 3. And 2 for 3 is afuckingmazing! Just compared to Tom it's not.

Anyone in the HOF is special.

Griese led the Dolphins to three consecutive Super Bowl appearances, including two Super Bowl victories (VII and VIII). Griese was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. He's a Hall of Famer for winning 2 of 3 Superbowls.

Brady is 4-6 and soon 5-7 or 4-7. Griese is a HOF'er and he's just a measly 2 for 3. And 2 for 3 is afuckingmazing! Just compared to Tom it's not.
Different eras, different rules

On the other hand, the playoffs and Super Bowl are the highest pressure games for any team and any QB, and the QB is generally considered the most important player on any football team, with the greatest ability to affect the outcome.
And therein lies the problem. This stems from media and fans that truly don't understand football. A great example is Trent Dilfer. He has a Super Bowl ring and he was absolute awful. But that Baltimore Ravens defense was legendary and defense wins championships. Just look at the list of Super Bowl winning QB's throughout history:

Doug Williams (Washington Redskins)
Mark Rypien (Washington Redskins)
Jim McMahon (Chicago Bears)
Phil Sims (NY Giants)
Jeff Rutledge (NY Giants)
Brad Johnson (Tampa Bay)
Trent Dilfer (Baltimore)

That is a pretty pitiful list of QB's (and that's just off the top of my head). Meanwhile - look at the guys who never won a ring. Dan Marino. Dan Fouts. Jim Kelly. Frank Tarkenton. Warren Moon. All Hall of Famers. But they didn't have the TEAM around them.

Marino played 17 seasons in the NFL. Twice, he had the luxury of playing with the league's No. 1 scoring defense.

Consider this: Terry Bradshaw played 14 seasons in Pittsburgh and won four Super Bowls. The famed Steel Curtain defense that he played with led the league in scoring just twice in those 14 years. Of Bradshaw's four title teams, only one boasted the league's best scoring defense.

In Marino's record-setting 1984 season, the Dolphins had the No. 1 scoring offense in football and the No. 6 scoring defense (18.6 points per game). The 1990 Dolphins, meanwhile, boasted the league's No. 4 scoring defense, surrendering just 15.1 points per game.

There's no doubt Marino played with some poor defenses in his day, but that's the price of playing in the league 17 years. But the Cold, Hard Football Facts show that he also played with several defenses more than strong enough to win Super Bowls.

YOu need to get bett

pooper and the other cheatriot apologists indeed cannot handle the truth the NFL already has the games outcome decided for the cheats to win cause they want brady to have his fifth ring same as they already had the outcome decided last year with the broncos already had won it two weeks prior to the game so manning could retire with another ring.

oh you showed a pic of jack nicholson so you know old fart style is having a hard on now.:rofl: those two psychotic nuts scare me because they indeed are psychotic,they have conversations with themselves all the time talking to people who have them on ignore.:rofl::haha::haha:

On the other hand, the playoffs and Super Bowl are the highest pressure games for any team and any QB, and the QB is generally considered the most important player on any football team, with the greatest ability to affect the outcome.
And therein lies the problem. This stems from media and fans that truly don't understand football. A great example is Trent Dilfer. He has a Super Bowl ring and he was absolute awful. But that Baltimore Ravens defense was legendary and defense wins championships. Just look at the list of Super Bowl winning QB's throughout history:

Doug Williams (Washington Redskins)
Mark Rypien (Washington Redskins)
Jim McMahon (Chicago Bears)
Phil Sims (NY Giants)
Jeff Rutledge (NY Giants)
Brad Johnson (Tampa Bay)
Trent Dilfer (Baltimore)

That is a pretty pitiful list of QB's (and that's just off the top of my head). Meanwhile - look at the guys who never won a ring. Dan Marino. Dan Fouts. Jim Kelly. Frank Tarkenton. Warren Moon. All Hall of Famers. But they didn't have the TEAM around them.

I would not call that list pitiful. Far from great, but not pitiful. Dilfer was no better than average, same with Rypien. Johnson actually had a very good year when the Bucs won the SB (22 TDs to 6 INTs), although the defense was still the driving force behind that team's success. Williams wasn't a bad QB, but he played on some horrendous Bucs teams. Simms was perhaps a bit better than average. When did Rutledge start a Super Bowl? He was a backup. You're thinking of Hostetler, who certainly isn't on any lists for the best quarterback, but did play pretty well in very limited playoff opportunities (His teams went 4-1, he threw 7 TDs and 0 INTs, he had a 62.6% completion percentage and 112 QB rating).

As sealy pointed out, however, you are looking at 1 time winners. The list of multiple time winners is : Bart Starr, Jim Plunkett, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Bob Griese, Roger Staubach, Peyton Manning, John Elway, Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, and Tom Brady. That's a pretty good list of quarterbacks. Eli Manning and Griese haven't been great, but the rest are at least good if not great quarterbacks. And Manning played extremely well in the playoffs during both of those Giants Super Bowl runs.

It's unfortunate Marino never won a SB. If he had, he might be higher on more all-time lists.

Forum List

Back