Is Trump Mentally Ill and/or Does He Have a Personality Disorder?

Is Trump Mentally Ill and/or Does He Have a Personality Disorder?

• Total voters

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
Years ago during Trump's public feud with Rosie O'Donnell, I couldn't help but wonder why a man who was supposedly a billionaire would engage in such a nasty public back and forth with Rosie O'Donnell. Frankly, it seemed kind of crazy to me. The longer it went on, the stranger it seemed. I came away from the whole think thinking that Trump had some kind of serious personality flaw. I mean, most people wouldn't and couldn't be bothered to do such a thing. And who the hell would want to make such a public spectacle of himself unnecessarily? But, like most things that fly in front of the public radar, it eventually passed from the immediacy of the moment.

Fast forward to today:

At this point, there is absolutely NO need for me to grocery list all of the strange public quarrels, feuds, tiffs, dust-ups, and squabbles that Trump has engaged in with seemingly everyone from his primary opponents to private citizens.

As it's gone on (and on, and on, seemingly ad nauseam), I can't deny that I've personally reached a conclusion that there's something that isn't quite right with the man. Whether it's pathological (physical) or psychological, I wouldn't venture to guess. But as far as I'm concerned, the anecdotal evidence is overwhelming. Yet, despite what I see and hear from Trump almost every day, his support in many quarters rarely seems to waver. That, frankly, mystifies me. For example, do some people think it's an act of some kind?

Regardless, the question deserves to be asked in this (or any other) forum about whether the participants here find Trump's behavior to be outside the mainstream of what's considered to be "normal."

So, do you, the members of USMB collectively, think that Trump is mentally ill in some way or do you think it's possible that he has some kind of personality disorder?

Please feel free to weigh in on the matter.

Keep in mind that this COULD be the most fundamental question of this election cycle if and when Trump ascends to the office of president at which point there would be very little to check his emotional whims once he becomes the most powerful man in the world.

Rosie is not a nice person. She is a fat, disgusting woman.......did I tell you she is lesbian? believe me

Years ago during Trump's public feud with Rosie O'Donnell, I couldn't help but wonder why a man who was supposedly a billionaire would engage in such a nasty public back and forth with Rosie O'Donnell. Frankly, it seemed kind of crazy to me. The longer it went on, the stranger it seemed. I came away from the whole think thinking that Trump had some kind of serious personality flaw. I mean, most people wouldn't and couldn't be bothered to do such a thing. And who the hell would want to make such a public spectacle of himself unnecessarily? But, like most things that fly in front of the public radar, it eventually passed from the immediacy of the moment.

Fast forward to today:

At this point, there is absolutely NO need for me to grocery list all of the strange public quarrels, feuds, tiffs, dust-ups, and squabbles that Trump has engaged in with seemingly everyone from his primary opponents to private citizens.

As it's gone on (and on, and on, seemingly ad nauseam), I can't deny that I've personally reached a conclusion that there's something that isn't quite right with the man. Whether it's pathological (physical) or psychological, I wouldn't venture to guess. But as far as I'm concerned, the anecdotal evidence is overwhelming. Yet, despite what I see and hear from Trump almost every day, his support in many quarters rarely seems to waver. That, frankly, mystifies me. For example, do some people think it's an act of some kind?

Regardless, the question deserves to be asked in this (or any other) forum about whether the participants here find Trump's behavior to be outside the mainstream of what's considered to be "normal."

So, do you, the members of USMB collectively, think that Trump is mentally ill in some way or do you think it's possible that he has some kind of personality disorder?

Keep in mind that this COULD be the most fundamental question of this election cycle if and when Trump ascends to the office of president at which point there would be very little to check his emotional whims once he becomes the most powerful man in the world.

He's a New Yorker and not the liberal pansy type .. nuff said...

Fast forward to today:

And he is playing the flyover hick rubes like a fiddle

Fast forward to today:

And he is playing the flyover hick rubes like a fiddle

:laugh: .. haven't you heard, it's cool to be anti-establishment

Deplorable-Me-Attrib-AFBranco-ComicallyIncorrect-091116.jpg

Last edited:

Fast forward to today:

You know, I've heard that charge leveled against him before, and there might, just might be some merit to it. I think he might have some narcissistic borderline tendencies, though nothing serious. It is probably more a result of temperament and how he was raised as a child. You know, a distant father, being brought up by nannies, the spoiled child syndrome.

I think Hillary is the one we REALLY need to keep our eye on though.

See, with Trump, at least he acts and seems human, he is not cold and calculating. When I watched the debate, I saw a human being, and I also saw a criminal. I saw someone with emotions, someone that cared. . . . (maybe a little TOO much? :cuckoo:) and I saw a cold calculating robot. It really gave me the shivers.

If you are familiar with recognizing Anti-Social Personality Disorder (ASPD) (or what a potential psychopath) looks like, then you should be scared. I've known one once in my life, they aren't nice people. And see, that is the important point here, nearly everyone that has ever met someone that suffers from (ASPD) will tell you, they are NOT very nice people. It's true, I don't hear many personal anecdotes about how warm, caring, kind and considerate Hillary is. You don't hear them from Bill, not from Chelsea, not from anyone in the current administration, not from her Senate colleagues, not from anyone. I've heard plenty of horror stories and rumors about Hillary, but nothing good.

Man, I get a creepy feeling about her, she is sick, just plain disturbed I think. :eek-52:

This is all you need to know. . . .

Normal people will also show a clear skin conductance response produced by sweat gland activity. In psychopathic subjects, however, this brain network showed no activity and no skin conductance responses were emitted (Birbaumer et al., 2012).
What Is a Psychopath?

Here, I'll even quote a LIBERAL LEFT rag, they even admit she admits she is symptomatic. . . . :badgrin:

Hillary Clinton never lets them see her sweat, because she doesn’t, say reporters
Hillary mystery: Why doesn’t she ever sweat?

Trump on the other hand, you go back in his history, you find all sorts of folks, on both the left and the right, even celebrities that will tell you that, they may not think he can be president, but tell you they think he is a great guy. Self-inflated ego? Sure. But even Jesse Jackson, Don King, and Snoop Dog like him.

Last edited:

Fast forward to today:

It’s could be as simple as the blind arrogance of someone who has nothing to lose.

Trump is a narcissistic egomaniac who lets everything and everyone get under his skin.

To Trump everything is a slight, everything’s an insult, and every ‘attack’ must responded to in kind.

Fast forward to today:

You know, I've heard that charge leveled against him before, and there might, just might be some merit to it. I think he might have some narcissistic borderline tendencies, though nothing serious. It is probably more a result of temperament and how he was raised as a child. You know, a distant father, being brought up by nannies, the spoiled child syndrome.

See, with Trump, at least he acts and seems human, he is not cold and calculating. When I watched the debate, I saw a human being, and a criminal. I someone with emotions, someone that cared. . . . (maybe a little TOO much? :cuckoo:) And a cold calculating robot. It really gave me the shivers.

If you are familiar with recognizing Anti-Social Personality Disorder (ASPD) (or what a potential psychopath) looks like, then you should be scared. I've known one once in my life, they aren't nice people. And see, that is the important point here, nearly everyone that has ever met someone that suffers from (ASPD) will tell you, they are NOT very nice people. It's true, I don't hear many personal anecdotes about how warm, caring, kind and considerate Hillary is. You don't hear them from Bill, not from Chelsea, not from anyone in the current administration, not from her Senate colleagues, not from anyone. I've heard plenty of horror stories and rumors about Hillary, but nothing good.

Man, I get a creepy feeling about her, she is sick, just plain disturbed I think. :eek-52:

Normal people will also show a clear skin conductance response produced by sweat gland activity. In psychopathic subjects, however, this brain network showed no activity and no skin conductance responses were emitted (Birbaumer et al., 2012).
What Is a Psychopath?

Here, I'll even quote a LIBERAL LEFT rag, they even admit she admits she is symptomatic. . . . :badgrin:

Hillary Clinton never lets them see her sweat, because she doesn’t, say reporters

Trump on the other hand, you go back in his history, you find all sorts of folks, on both the left and the right, even celebrities that will tell you that, they may not think he can be president, but tell you they think he is a great guy. Self-inflated ego? Sure. But even Jesse Jackson, Don King, and Snoop Dog like him.

You Trump supporters are as bad and as stupid as Trump.

The thread’s about Trump, not Clinton – you can’t defend Trump so you contrive some lame, ridiculous red herring fallacy in a failed, pathetic effort to deflect from the fact Trump has no business being president.

Fast forward to today:

See, with Trump, at least he acts and seems human, he is not cold and calculating. When I watched the debate, I saw a human being, and I also saw a criminal. I saw someone with emotions, someone that cared. . . . (maybe a little TOO much? :cuckoo:) and I saw a cold calculating robot. It really gave me the shivers.

What Is a Psychopath?

"Might have"? "Borderline"?? "Nothing serious"???
thud.gif
shakehead.gif

Are ya fucking kidding me??

Orange Crash is up at 3:30 in the morning for the all-important work of sending tweets about fat people. He has a brain hemorrhage if you even whisper a suggestion that he had multiple bankruptcies, or for that matter mention any of his failures at all. He goes after the Chicago Fucking Cubs. He runs around the world incessantly getting his name in bigger and bolder gold letters in the relentless and pointless exercision of his inane edifice complex. He openly predicts himself the "greatest God ever created". His own sister calls him "P.T. Barnum". Sleeping Jesus on a Ritz Cracker, what the fuck does he have to DO? The man's tribblistic picture is a three-page centerfold in the dictionary under the term "self-absorbed asshole". Narcissistic Personality Disorder simply does not come in a larger or more concentrated size.

He suffers from affluence...and he is narcissistic... is my best guess....

it is his parents fault....they ignored him so he had to aggrandize himself in his own head.... (Yes, yes I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! :) )

Fast forward to today:

What's more concerning than being the self-absorbed asshole is the outright denial of the world of reality that props it all up. In the debate for instance the sniffing thing was an amusing side circus but what stood out to me is the naked arrogance of standing there and denying what's already on the record just because he finds the past inconvenient, specifically his support for the Iraq war, which everybody by then knew full well was on the record -- yet he actually stands there and denies what's already on tape. Stood there and interrupted the moderator's question to dismiss the question's basis as something that "never happened", even though we've all seen and heard it happen.

When you actually believe you can change the past by simply denying that it IS the past, that's what I call mental illness. Severe.

Not 100 per cent, but I find most of mr trumps statements to be true. The media then take them and warps them. What did he say about miss universe that wasn't true? How is his response to the tax issue mentally unstable? How was his heartfelt response to the marine in any way representational of a deluded man as the press wants to make it.

Trump is a leader. That rubs people the wrong way in today's culture. How does a mentally ill person raise such a fine family? How does he keep together a business empire? Hilary exhibits more pathological behavior than trumps does but she will never be questioned like this.

Has trump been insulated most of his life from criticism. Yea probably. Is he ego bigger than his building yeah, but so is Obamas. But obama is slick as a politician and trump is blunt as a business man. I don't think trump ever believed it would go this far, but now that he is here he is all in, and a sign of a stable person is the ability to adjust to the situation. Does he know more,than all the generals, no, and I think he realizes that was a stupid remark. the insinuation that he is unstable is just a democratic talking point floated to deflect from Hilary's record.

Not 100 per cent, but I find most of mr trumps statements to be true. The media then take them and warps them. What did he say about miss universe that wasn't true? How is his response to the tax issue mentally unstable? How was his heartfelt response to the marine in any way representational of a deluded man as the press wants to make it.

Trump is a leader. That rubs people the wrong way in today's culture. How does a mentally ill person raise such a fine family? How does he keep together a business empire? Hilary exhibits more pathological behavior than trumps does but she will never be questioned like this.

Has trump been insulated most of his life from criticism. Yea probably. Is he ego bigger than his building yeah, but so is Obamas. But obama is slick as a politician and trump is blunt as a business man. I don't think trump ever believed it would go this far, but now that he is here he is all in, and a sign of a stable person is the ability to adjust to the situation. Does he know more,than all the generals, no, and I think he realizes that was a stupid remark. the insinuation that he is unstable is just a democratic talking point floated to deflect from Hilary's record.

It's so interesting when the topic is directly and obviously "Trump" how many think the word is pronounced "Hillary". Pogo's Law.

Tell me, does Donald Rump even exist as an entity unto himself? That is, does he exist outside of a comparison to Hillary? Is that an intellectual leap too far? Is it somehow not possible to consider him as an individual?

Fast forward to today:

The man is just self centered with a larger than life ego. No different than millions of other Americans.

Fast forward to today:

It’s could be as simple as the blind arrogance of someone who has nothing to lose.

Trump is a narcissistic egomaniac who lets everything and everyone get under his skin.

To Trump everything is a slight, everything’s an insult, and every ‘attack’ must responded to in kind.

Hey dumbass, you're supposed to be telling the OP that he's committing a false choice fallacy with his title. Well I guess your just a typical regressive hypocrite, you only go to your fallacy fetish when it's someone you disagree with. Carry on.

Forum List

Back