Islam is not inherently evil

I remember telling people what it was like to be in Nepal and India in places where women were not allowed in public unless fully covered by a burqa. Eerie.

It was fortunate we traveled with a group of sangha.

I remember telling people what it was like to be in Nepal and India in places where women were not allowed in public unless fully covered by a burqa. Eerie.

And i remember... you flat saying based on your upbringing you flat felt safer with muslims then christians.....

You know.. it was in one of those threads you asked to have trashed.

You misunderstood what I was saying.
Hmmm.

You complained about her suggesting that she NEVER go to a Muslim country.

You kept on accusing her of saying the opposite of what she said.

She got sick of your shenanigans and said, ok, go to a Muslim country.

And you said, you'd like that.

She is not the one being vicious in that exchange.

Yes, you did. You continue to hold this misunderstanding today, Sy.

Last edited:
You'd like that.
Why would you assume that? That's pretty vicious.

Why would I assume that? Sy does everything she can think of to tear me down. If anyone, like YOU is attacking me, she joins in.

She never misses an opportunity to diss.
Wait? I thought you said I misunderstood?

OK. Obviously I didn't. So, why be so vicious toward someone who you most of the time, consider a friend when she was wishing for your safety?

I mean, I pretty much know the reason, but perhaps it's something that you should seriously consider.

She isn't attacking you.

You misunderstood what I was saying.
Hmmm.

You complained about her suggesting that she NEVER go to a Muslim country.

You kept on accusing her of saying the opposite of what she said.

She got sick of your shenanigans and said, ok, go to a Muslim country.

And you said, you'd like that.

She is not the one being vicious in that exchange.

no no no...

i said... feel free NOT to take my advice and to to a muslim country.... very different then saying go to one....

Yes, you did. You continue to hold this misunderstanding today, Sy.

lets see...

you did not answer when i asked about your comment about what i would like...

and what misunderstanding today sky?

this is two statements i am asking clarification on.

Why would you assume that? That's pretty vicious.

Why would I assume that? Sy does everything she can think of to tear me down. If anyone, like YOU is attacking me, she joins in.

OK. Obviously I didn't. So, why be so vicious toward someone who you most of the time, consider a friend when she was wishing for your safety?

I mean, I pretty much know the reason, but perhaps it's something that you should seriously consider.

She isn't attacking you.

She always thinks i am....

Syrenn misunderstands my position, even though I have explained it thoroughly in this thread.

I relate much more closely to American Christians than I do to Middle Eastern Muslims. When I hear about a stoning or beheading I think it's horrid, and I atrribute it to Islamic fundamentalists gaining control of the country.

I feel it's much more likely that we become ann American Christian theocracy than an American Muslim theocracy. When American Christians support violence toward American gays, as the four pastors I mentioned, (and other's previously) it feels much closer to home and more potentially threatening to me and my loved ones.

I would expect Americans to have my back and not wish violence on me for being a lesbian. When Americans hold those views, it's scary.

American Christian fundamentalists are powerful in the US and they are influencing national politics.

Last edited:

She isn't attacking you.

She always thinks i am....

Because you usually are. You always side with whoever is acting ugly to me. You remind me of my sister.

Forum List

Back