Islam is not inherently evil

Are you kidding? When have I ever said I'm a fan of stoning and beheading?

How come you refuse to condemn the Christians in Uganda calling for "kill gays" legislation?

I said they were idiots. What they are doing is not Christian. Why can't you tell us if Mohammed was an evil man or not? Why do you suddenly become ignorant when it comes to discerning the words and actions of Mohammed?

It's called hypocrisy.

People are scared to talk about Muhammed.

Well, one of things we know about him is that he took a nine year old for a bride. That wasn't uncommon at the time, but it offends my modern sensibility.

One reason I do not the agree that the religion is evil, is because some people say that about Buddhism and I know that's wrong. Some people think any religion other than their own is evil.

The whole 9 year old bride thing was strange, I don't see how a man can find a 9 year old attractive regardless of what time period it was.

Well, one of things we know about him is that he took a nine year old for a bride. That wasn't uncommon at the time, but it offends my modern sensibility.

One reason I do not the agree that the religion is evil, is because some people say that about Buddhism and I know that's wrong. Some people think any religion other than their own is evil.

The whole 9 year old bride thing was strange, I don't see how a man can find a 9 year old attractive regardless of what time period it was.

A pedophile can.

It was not unheard of for a ruler to mary somebody who wasn't really yet of a marrying age. Doesn't necessarily mean that the marriage was consummated.

Don't forget that Mohammed was first and foremost the ruler of a complete theocratical dictatorship. Not that Sky Dancer would condemn him for that, of course.

I don't know if Mohammed was an evil man. He comes with mixed reviews.

So you don't really find a theocratic dictatorship evil or wrong do you?

Did I say that?? No. I didn't say that.

Mohammed has been dead for millenia. I don't think he was a dictator or that his path was a state religion at them he lived.

We do have plenty of modern examples of Islamic dictators. No, I don't approve of or support dictators.

http://amaana.org/ismailim.html

Last edited:

That's because it is inherently dangerous to your health.

The Muhammed who works at the liquor store next to my house is pretty cool though.
I have two "gas-station" buddies around town. One is Habib, and he is in Maryland. On my way home from work I would always stop there to get a soda and he was really nice to me. He would notic when I didn't show up. It is nice to know folks notice.

He had a colorful history here. He was working the day the DC Sniper shot someone at his station. :eek: That was awful.

And, my gas station buddy on this side of the Potomac is Muhammed, too. He helped me a lot just recently in a legal matter. Signed the affidavit I wrote for him and everything. I owe him big. That was a great help to me and my fiance.

Both are cool guys.

I don't know if Mohammed was an evil man. He comes with mixed reviews.

So you don't really find a theocratic dictatorship evil or wrong do you?

Did I say that?? No. I didn't say that.

Mohammed has been dead for millenia. I don't think he was a dictator or that his path was a state religion at them he lived.

We do have plenty of modern examples of Islamic dictators. No, I don't approve of or support dictators.

Mohammed founded an absolute theocratic dictatorship under his rule. There really aren't any mixed reports about that. But of course you are too much of a hypocrite to condemn Mohammed.

Okay, so we have established the Christians who call for the death of gays are not evil. Whew, that was a close one.

Okay, so we have established the Christians who call for the death of gays are not evil. Whew, that was a close one.

Christians who call for the death of gays, IMO, are wrong. You think they're holy? I don't.

Forum List

Back