Islam is not inherently evil

America is a Christian nation only in the sense that the majority of its population happens to be Christian. But unfortunately, religious conservatives use this fact as an excuse to try to impose their religious beliefs and social agenda on the rest of the nation.

The imposition of Christian religous beliefs on the rest of non-christian nation has the potential for oppression of other POV and religions.
What imposition?

Then how can you say Islam is not inherently evil?

How can I say it? Easy. I've been saying it over and over for many days now. Just as you can cherry pick a violent passage in the Qu'ran, the same is possible with the Bible.

That doesn't mean either religion is INHERENTLY evil.

Maybe you need to get a definition of "inherently". That means permanently and in all cases. Since it's possible for devout American Muslims to practice Islam in America then it cannot be inherently evil, because it not evil how it is interpreted in the US.

Now, when it's misused by Middle Eastern/Arabic Islamic fundamentalist theocracies it become evil.

The same happens in Christianity. Those four nutjobs and their congregations are calling for violence toward gays, and this is in our own country.

It shows that either religion can be applied for evil or good.
To the bolded: We annexed Uganda?

The Christian pastors I've linked to that call for violence toward gays live in America.

No, Jesus was a bodhisattva. I am much more familiar with Jesus than Mohammed.

Then how can you say Islam is not inherently evil?

How can I say it? Easy. I've been saying it over and over for many days now. Just as you can cherry pick a violent passage in the Qu'ran, the same is possible with the Bible.

Maybe you need to get a definition of "inherently". That means permanently and in all cases. Since it's possible for devout American Muslims to practice Islam in America then it cannot be inherently evil, because it not evil how it is interpreted in the US.

Now, when it's misused by Middle Eastern/Arabic Islamic fundamentalist theocracies it become evil.

The same happens in Christianity. Those four nutjobs and their congregations are calling for violence toward gays, and this is in our own country.

I don't need to cherry pick the words of Jesus or the New Testament. Jesus was a man of peace and love. Do you agree or not?

America is a Christian nation only in the sense that the majority of its population happens to be Christian. But unfortunately, religious conservatives use this fact as an excuse to try to impose their religious beliefs and social agenda on the rest of the nation.

The imposition of Christian religous beliefs on the rest of non-christian nation has the potential for oppression of other POV and religions.

That is blatant nonsense. American society, like Western society in general, is deeply formed and shaped by Christianity. That doesn't make it a theocracy. But it does make it a Christian society and country.

The Christian pastors I've linked to that call for violence toward gays live in America.
Oh, I know that the talkers live in the USA, but the talk is about Uganda.

Since when did we annex Uganda? See, because what happens in Uganda to gays has little to do with what happens to gays in the USA.

What imposition?

Don't try to reason with the unreasonable.

What imposition?

Don't try to reason with the unreasonable.
Apparently, free exercise of beliefs is imposition.

:cuckoo:

They are idiots. Mohammed called for violence to those who didn't believe in his religion. Yet, you can't tell us if Mohammed was an evil man or not. Fascinating.

They are idiots. Mohammed called for violence to those who didn't believe in his religion. Yet, you can't tell us if Mohammed was an evil man or not. Fascinating.

Sky Dancer is only bigotted against Christianity. Doesn't care much about the rest.

Either the religion is inherently evil or not. If it's inherently evil, then EVERYONE who practices Islam is evil.

And we can see in our own country, that the Muslims who practice here are NOT inherently evil.

Islamic theocracy is another story. Christian theocracy would be another story.

Was Mohammed an evil man?

A man of his times, but using our modern comparison....absolutely. I would say the same for Julius Caesar, or Napoleon, or Ceasar Borgia, or Peter the Great.

This is the progress of the modern world.....and I hope it continues to spread.

A religious figure calls for violence and people either ignore or laugh at them......good. Let's keep it up, folks.

Actually, I am not to fond of what the quran says about non-monotheists myself.

Jews and Christians--they are not suppose to do more than oppress them. But The VRI(violent radical Islamists) tend to take some creative licenses when dealing with them

Now for Polytheists and Atheists, I think the muslims are told to kill them. Now considering that I am an atheists I do not find it pressing to defend Islam that much. Actually, not at all.

Then again, Sky, you are a Buddhists so you tend to fall into the "lesser than Christians and Jews" group with me.

Pretty noble of you to note that Islam is not inherently evil. Not many people can stop and see the good in a religion that wish to behead them.

Either the religion is inherently evil or not. If it's inherently evil, then EVERYONE who practices Islam is evil.

And we can see in our own country, that the Muslims who practice here are NOT inherently evil.

Islamic theocracy is another story. Christian theocracy would be another story.

Was Mohammed an evil man?

A man of his times, but using our modern comparison....absolutely. I would say the same for Julius Caesar, or Napoleon, or Ceasar Borgia, or Peter the Great.

An evil man creates an evil religion.

People are scared to talk about Muhammed.

Well, one of things we know about him is that he took a nine year old for a bride. That wasn't uncommon at the time, but it offends my modern sensibility.

One reason I do not the agree that the religion is evil, is because some people say that about Buddhism and I know that's wrong. Some people think any religion other than their own is evil.

Last edited:
People are scared to talk about Muhammed.

Well, one of things we know about him is that he took a nine year old for a bride. That wasn't uncommon at the time, but it offends my modern sensibility.

What about condoning wife beating and beheading those who don't believe in your religion? Does that offend your "modern sensibility"?

Yet, you can't tell us if Mohammed was an evil man or not. Fascinating.

Are you kidding? When have I ever said I'm a fan of stoning and beheading?

How come you refuse to condemn the Christians in Uganda calling for "kill gays" legislation?

Are you kidding? When have I ever said I'm a fan of stoning and beheading?

How come you refuse to condemn the Christians in Uganda calling for "kill gays" legislation?

I said they were idiots. What they are doing is not Christian. Why can't you tell us if Mohammed was an evil man or not? Why do you suddenly become ignorant when it comes to discerning the words and actions of Mohammed?

You're stuck. If you admit that Mohammed is evil, then you have to admit his religion is evil, and you can't do that so you are dishonest. Mohammed was an evil man. Period.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back