Islam----not just a religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
But christianity has never been govt in america? Please. Ya'll can have those male dominator god religious perceptual realities that were vomited up in the middle east.

We do not have a national religion. Muslim countries do. Try to take a Bible into Saudi Arabia and see what happens to you at the airport. Try to conduct a Christian service in Saudi Arabia and you will be beheaded.

Our body of law is based on Judeo/Christian PRINCIPLES, one of those principles is tolerance of other religions and beliefs. You will not find that in any muslim country.

I'm not a rich "christian" american oil man, wtf would I go to Saudi Arabia for, home of Wahabism and 15 of the 9/11 high jackers. Even if your govt is cozy with them in the pursuit of advancing US corporate interests.

then pick any muslim country, I just used Saudi Arabia to make a point. Go to Indonesia, Turkey, Libya, Iran, Iraq, Morocco, pick one, in every case the religion IS the government.

and if you don't like oil, park your car and ride a bike, I don't give a shit how you feel about the natural product that keeps the world running and billions fed.
I prefer to advance fusion (an energy with a future) over fossil fuels.
...and the best fusion reactor is already conveniently placed 150,000,000 km. from earth, about as close as you want to get to one. Still, it delivers over 1300 watts of potential power to every square meter of Earth, or many multiples more energy than humans consume.

But christianity has never been govt in america? Please. Ya'll can have those male dominator god religious perceptual realities that were vomited up in the middle east.

We do not have a national religion. Muslim countries do. Try to take a Bible into Saudi Arabia and see what happens to you at the airport. Try to conduct a Christian service in Saudi Arabia and you will be beheaded.

Our body of law is based on Judeo/Christian PRINCIPLES, one of those principles is tolerance of other religions and beliefs. You will not find that in any muslim country.

I'm not a rich "christian" american oil man, wtf would I go to Saudi Arabia for, home of Wahabism and 15 of the 9/11 high jackers. Even if your govt is cozy with them in the pursuit of advancing US corporate interests.

then pick any muslim country, I just used Saudi Arabia to make a point. Go to Indonesia, Turkey, Libya, Iran, Iraq, Morocco, pick one, in every case the religion IS the government.

and if you don't like oil, park your car and ride a bike, I don't give a shit how you feel about the natural product that keeps the world running and billions fed.
...and the best fusion reactor is already conveniently placed 150,000,000 km. from earth, about as close as you want to get to one. Still, it delivers over 1300 watts of potential power to every square meter of Earth, or many multiples more energy than humans consume.
should we ask for solar panels in space and extra long extension cords?

should we ask for solar panels in space and extra long extension cords?

They only have to be long enough to reach Newt's moon colony.

In the USA we accept and tolerate all religions, the problem is that acceptance of Islam entails more than just the acceptance of a religion. .

Not in the United States.

In the United States everyone is required to follow the law, regardless of what their religion may tell them they are supposed to do.

Simple idea- enforce the law. If Muslims- or anyone else- is violating the law- then prosecute them.

OK, lets take this slow so you might get it.

If a person is a true follower of Islam, then no law is above the law of the Koran (sharia). Islam is a religion, a form of government, a body of law, and a culture.

If it was only a religion then your points would be valid. But its not.

My point is valid.

Prosecute people for violating the law.

Not for what you think that their religion tells them to do.

Otherwise we would be prosecuting Jews for stoning adulterers.

yes, and entering this country illegally is a violation of our law, sooooooooooo every person who does that should be prosecuted, according to you. I agree.

When was the last time US jews stoned an adulterer in the US?

In the USA we accept and tolerate all religions, the problem is that acceptance of Islam entails more than just the acceptance of a religion. .

In the United States everyone is required to follow the law, regardless of what their religion may tell them they are supposed to do.

Simple idea- enforce the law. If Muslims- or anyone else- is violating the law- then prosecute them.

If a person is a true follower of Islam, then no law is above the law of the Koran (sharia). Islam is a religion, a form of government, a body of law, and a culture.

My point is valid.

yes, and entering this country illegally is a violation of our law, sooooooooooo every person who does that should be prosecuted, according to you. I agree.

The following Verses are from the NIV Bible:

Exodus 20:14 "You shall not commit adultery."

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who
slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."

Leviticus 21:9 "And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire."

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 "If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity."

My point is valid.

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."

Leviticus 21:9 "And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire."

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 "If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity."

Who lives by a literal reading of the old testament? Answer: no one

Now, who lives by a literal reading of the Koran? Answer: devout muslims.

My point is valid.

Oh I'm sure you have yourself a rationalization, but there is this commonality that binds all 3 male dominator god religions that the middle east vomited up.

My point is valid.

Oh I'm sure you have yourself a rationalization, but there is this commonality that binds all 3 male dominator god religions that the middle east vomited up.

The difference is that if you lived in a muslim nation and said that you would be beheaded. Christians and Jews would try to show you the way, but would not kill you for rejecting their religion.

I do know what I am talking about on this topic. I lived and worked in the mid east for many years. I worked with muslims, I have friends who are muslims. I understand Islam and its followers. Your naivete could result in your death.

The violent, even repulsive things found in the Bible are commonly accepted as metaphor at a societal level in the West, it is true. The Koran and associated cultures have more of a problem in this regard. With time, this will no doubt soften, but what will happen before then? Prudence remains necessary.

My point is valid.

The difference is that if you lived in a muslim nation and said that you would be beheaded. Christians and Jews would try to show you the way, but would not kill you for rejecting their religion.

I do know what I am talking about on this topic. I lived and worked in the mid east for many years. I worked with muslims, I have friends who are muslims. I understand Islam and its followers. Your naivete could result in your death.

Clearly you don't.

Since you lied about Turkey and Indonesia- and are now lying that if you said anything in Indonesia you would get beheaded.

The violent, even repulsive things found in the Bible are commonly accepted as metaphor at a societal level in the West, it is true. The Koran and associated cultures have more of a problem in this regard. With time, this will no doubt soften, but what will happen before then? Prudence remains necessary.

Certainly if one intends to occupy the region endlessly.

This is what most of the leftists don't understand. Islam is a religion, yes. But it is also a form of government, system of law (sharia), and a culture. Those tenets cannot be separated, when you accept one, you get all.

In the USA we accept and tolerate all religions, the problem is that acceptance of Islam entails more than just the acceptance of a religion.

Discussion is welcomed.

discussion is "not welcomed", troll, when you start off calling people who call the Donald on his BS "leftists'.

what you consider "leftist" normal people consider moderate.

we know, you're allergic to decency and only respond to bigotry and insane hatred

My point is valid.

Really? No one lives by a literal reading of the Old Testament?

Then why do Orthodox Jews not eat pork? Not cut their beards?

Meanwhile millions of devout Muslims live in the United States abiding by U.S. despite what kind of archaic things the Koran says- just like Jews in the United States are not stoning adulterers.

what are the "associated cultures"?

most cultures are violent at some point or another.

try looking at the garbage that comes from the gun-loving so-called Christians on this board who think it's ok to murder doctors.

My point is valid.

When was the last time U.S. Muslims stoned an adulterer in the U.S.?

Prosecute people for breaking the law.

Not for what you think that their religion tells them to do?

Meanwhile millions of devout Muslims live in the United States abiding by U.S. despite what kind of archaic things the Koran says- just like Jews in the United States are not stoning adulterers.

Yes, but there are certain elements here and abroad who claim moral authority and already impose a compulsory archaic literal interpretation of Mosaic law on every jew they can in a delusory quest to make Israel great again...Ask Hashev.

It really wasn't that long ago when people of Iran and Iraq and many other muslim countries were open to liberty, education, and social progress and not subject to the archaic teachings in the koran..Then the fundamentalists came like a plague of fiery and poisonous serpents.

AUGUST 21, 2009
Kotel Rabbi Stoned By Haredim
Rabbi Shmuel Rabinowitz, rabbi of the Western Wall was stoned by haredim as he left the Jerusalem home of Rabbi Yosef Shalom Elyashiv.

<B>Kotel Rabbi Stoned By Haredim</B>

Shadowy Squads Enforce Modesty in Hasidic Brooklyn

Last edited:
This is what most of the leftists don't understand. Islam is a religion, yes. But it is also a form of government, system of law (sharia), and a culture. Those tenets cannot be separated, when you accept one, you get all.

In the USA we accept and tolerate all religions, the problem is that acceptance of Islam entails more than just the acceptance of a religion.

Discussion is welcomed.

The leftists here would not recognize a liberal principle if it smacked them along side their little regressive heads. All they know is that they are required to defend Islam.

No amount of rational discussion will ever penetrate the fortresses they have erected around the vacuum between their two ears.

Discussion is welcomed.
I think the solution to to gas them all, starting with their children. We can set up some concentration camps here in America and fire up the gas chambers. After that we might want to start invading other countries, set up more concentration camps and start gassing their Muslims too.

Discussion is welcomed.

The leftists here would not recognize a liberal principle if it smacked them along side their little regressive heads. All they know is that they are required to defend Islam.

No amount of rational discussion will ever penetrate the fortresses they have erected around the vacuum between their two ears.

Discussion is welcomed.
I think the solution to to gas them all, starting with their children. We can set up some concentration camps here in America and fire up the gas chambers. After that we might want to start invading other countries, set up more concentration camps and start gassing their Muslims too.

Why pick on Muslims? Why not make all religious indoctrination restricted learning for people over the age of 18 because of the negative effect it may have on the developing mind just like X rated movies are restricted viewing ...

Let people learn about science, math, history, philosophy, literature, etc., first. Then if someone wants to throw their mind in the garbage, who cares.

I bet it wouldn't take very long before no one who understood the definition of pedophile or barbarian would believe that Mohammed was a prophet of God or the perfect man, no one would believe that God is edible, no one would believe that Jesus floated up into the sky, literally, and no one would believe that God gave a crap about what people ate for dinner whatever it may say in whatever holy book.

Last edited:

Discussion is welcomed.

Discussion is welcomed.

Why pick on Muslims? Why not make all religious indoctrination restricted learning for people over the age of 18 because of the negative effect it may have on the developing mind just like X rated movies are restricted viewing ...

Let people learn about science, math, history, philosophy, literature, etc., first. Then if someone wants to throw their mind in the garbage, who cares.

I bet it wouldn't take very long before no one who understood the definition of pedophile or barbarian would believe that Mohammed was a prophet of God or the perfect man, no one would believe that God is edible, no one would believe that Jesus floated up into the sky, literally, and no one would believe that God gave a crap about what people ate for dinner whatever it may say in whatever holy book.

Dude, I have to say that your solution if far superior to mine.

My neighbor is a Christian and he believes that there is a little red man that lives in a hot, firey world. He has little horns and a tail. He carries a pitchfork and he runs around going "Look at me! I'm the devil! I'm gonna getcha!"

In the case of my neighbor, it's kind of cute that he believes in this shit. But in many more cases, these religious nut jobs take their fantasy down a violent path of intolerance, hate and depravity. They must be stopped.

Discussion is welcomed.

Discussion is welcomed.

Dude, I have to say that your solution if far superior to mine.

My neighbor is a Christian and he believes that there is a little red man that lives in a hot, firey world. He has little horns and a tail. He carries a pitchfork and he runs around going "Look at me! I'm the devil! I'm gonna getcha!"

In the case of my neighbor, it's kind of cute that he believes in this shit. But in many more cases, these religious nut jobs take their fantasy down a violent path of intolerance, hate and depravity. They must be stopped.

If people were educated first before they were ever exposed to a holy book, no one would be killing each other over the contents...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back