Isn’t it time we brought back the pomp and circumstance and the sense of awe for that office

"Us" as in your "United State" or "us" as in "We, the People"?

You know it's not just the "liberal elites" that are a problem, right? It's the authoritarian elite which seeks to manipulate opinions for their own ends which are the true enemy of "We, the People".

Correct, and Trump is at war with the authoritarians, including the McCains of the world, so called conservatives who seek to enslave us.

Wrong! They were hired to represent their constituents' best interest, not govern.

That is governing.

No it's not, they were hired to represent their constitutes best interest like Marion posted.

that's why Obama lost 900 plus seats.

We the people didn't want Obama's game.

Not true. The people who elected Obama twice were just too stupid to show up in 2010&2014 and they didn't vote for Hillary for s
Wrong! They were hired to represent their constituents' best interest, not govern.

That is governing.

No it's not, they were hired to represent their constitutes best interest like Marion posted.

that's why Obama lost 900 plus seats.

We the people didn't want Obama's game.

But he got re elected? This proves many things. Gerrymandering, the people who elected Obama didn't show up for midterms or for Hillary.

I almost wish you guys would have killed Obamacare so all those stupid millions of people would have lost their healthcare. They could only blame themselves...and republicans

It is rare that presidential incumbents don't win reelection. Though it makes you cry and fans your already out of control rage, Trump will win reelection just as Obama did.
Bush 1&2 didn't or almost didn't. We will see. Our sides gonna show up.

Will the independents who took a chance show up again?

Remember we aren't running Hillary again. Probably oprah

Dubya didn't win reelection?

Wow, you fascists sure are smart.....

You hate the truth?

In those two words you managed to divine my truth-hating.

Excellent abilities.

Do you do children's parties?

Speaking of "children's parties"

dem_party_seal-56a747585f9b58b7d0e889f4.jpg

Oh, hun.......we don't want your picture for our party's seal.

That was really weak, well into the bottle of Chardonnay, are we?

Bourbon, dear. Chardonnay is for California pussies like yourself. :)

:lol:

It's Francis Ford Coppala Cab today! (Stupendous wine.)

The president of the United States is the most powerful person in the world. The president is the spokesman for democracy and liberty. Isn’t it time we brought back the pomp and circumstance and the sense of awe for that office that we all held? That means everyone in the administration should look and act professionally, especially the presidential. Impressions matter.”

I seldom, if ever, agree with the individual that allegedly wrote those words, but in this case they are spot on.
Even slimy lying Ted Cruz would be more respectable. Trumps embarrassing but I love it! Republicans are proving they'll defend anything. This can not be fun for them or don. He's the king of snowflakes

And Mafia Boss Hillary would be far less respectable.

Oh and anyone who defended Obama for 8 years has NO room to criticize.
Says a rwnj

To you hate filled, frothing at the mouth fascists, everyone not goosestepping beside you is a "rwnj" (What happened to tea bagger? I thought you fascist loved having my balls in your face? :dunno: )
I just know a rwnj comment when I see one

You know butt hurt and rage, little else.

Excellent abilities.

And I'm not drunk. I'm high

Yeah, I was going to guess meth with you, thanks for the confirmation....

Oh, and most of us adults know what moderation is.

Excellent abilities.

Their Merlot is even better.

You know it's not just the "liberal elites" that are a problem, right? It's the authoritarian elite which seeks to manipulate opinions for their own ends which are the true enemy of "We, the People".

Correct, and Trump is at war with the authoritarians, including the McCains of the world, so called conservatives who seek to enslave us.
Disagreed, but time will tell.

The president of the United States is the most powerful person in the world. The president is the spokesman for democracy and liberty. Isn’t it time we brought back the pomp and circumstance and the sense of awe for that office that we all held? That means everyone in the administration should look and act professionally, especially the presidential. Impressions matter.”

I seldom, if ever, agree with the individual that allegedly wrote those words, but in this case they are spot on.

Yeah, that'd be great, unfortunately, that's not what's needed right now.

What's needed right now is a bull in a china shop. ;)

Pretty sure that's exactly the case right now as well. :badgrin:

even if one believes that a "bull in a china shop" is needed (which is idiotic in and of itself), it should at least be a smart, sane bull....

this orange sociopath isn't either smart or sane.

too bad you hate your fellow Americans more than you love your country.

/---- Oh Boo Hoo Hoo. Mommy needs to change your stinky diaper. Hildabeast lost now get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Quiet loon. Stop screwing up the country and supporting a sociopath and there won't be any complaints.

But the whining of the rabid right when the smart sane black guy was president is duly noted, hack.

Their Merlot is even better.

It's good, but I prefer cab, it's softer.

/----- Pres Trumps tweets are really getting under your skin. Great news. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

No psycho hack. His tweets are a symptom of insanity.

A lot of people don't understand how dire the situation was and still is.

McCain is still a senator, no?

I saw I posted this like, last August: "If Hillary wins, America as it has been known for 200+ years will be finished."

That would have been it, finito. Done.

Next stop with Hillary: One World Government. All strong dissenters would be disposed of rapidly by the NWO, because those people don't value human life, all they value is control.

The US Senate (the original topic of your thread) is just another bunch of legislative morons -- with the single exception that any one of them like Rand Paul or Ted Cruz can filibuster anything except Federal judges (which now includes the Supreme Court).

The US President (your topic based on your first post) is just another moron (particularly at the present time) with his finger on the button that could launch nuclear holocaust in the Northern Hemisphere.

If he ever did, then the new superpowers would be Australia, Brazil, and Indonesia.

The US Senate (the original topic of your thread) is just another bunch of legislative morons -- with the single exception that any one of them like Rand Paul or Ted Cruz can filibuster anything except Federal judges (which now includes the Supreme Court).

No, the Senate is not the "original topic of the thread". The Senate was never a consideration in the topic of the thread. Are you responding in the right thread?

I think it isn't that they don't like him, but he isn't far enough right of center for them. The Koch Brothers are ideological libertarians. President Trump is no ideologue--he looks for ways to get something done and doesn't measure that via libertarian principles. So yes, Trump is going to ruffle the Koch feathers now and then even though he does a lot they also support.

. . .(Charles) Koch, the chief executive of Koch Industries, is known along with his brothers Bill and David as a substantial source of funding for conservative candidates. Although Bill supported Trump in the previous election, Charles and Bill didn't. (I think they meant Charles and David here.)
  • In the (Washington) Post, Koch approved of many of Trump's actions as president, including his "thoughtful approach to regulatory reform," and his appointing Justice Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.

"At the same time, I view some actions of this administration as counterproductive. These include broad travel bans, discouraging free trade and a tendency toward rhetoric that too easily divides Americans instead of uniting them.
Disagreed the Koch brothers are libertarians. Calling oneself a "social liberal" or a "libertarian" is one thing. Actually supporting issues on the subject are another thing.

They founded the CATO Institute. If you can find a group anywhere that is more libertarian than they are, please advise.
The Libertarians. www.lp.org

Where does the CATO institute (and O'Keefe) fit on this scale?:
common-sense-on-issues-1024x663.png

The Cato Institute is a public policy research organization — a think tank — dedicated to the principles of individual liberty, limited government, free markets and peace. Its scholars and analysts conduct independent, nonpartisan research on a wide range of policy issues. . .​
About Cato

Their home page lists a menu of myriad topics, each a link to their position on that particular issue.

They for instance oppose Trump Care as they see it as a rescue of Obamacare and shifting the blame to the Republicans while not fixing much of anything.
That doesn't answer the question. What are their views on Libertarian issues as described in the graphic?

It DOES answer your question. And I gave your the preamble of what the are all about with a proper link and informed you that you could check out their position on numerous issues of policy. Who is to say that their definition of libertarianism isn't as good as yours?

/----- Pres Trumps tweets are really getting under your skin. Great news. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

No psycho hack. His tweets are a symptom of insanity.
Disagreed. He's no more insane than most posters here. That said, by Trump standards, almost every person on USMB is qualified to be President.....and we're all better than Hillary!

Forum List

Back