Isn't Jesus a democrat?

Jesus said help the poor and the sick
Jesus said WE should help the poor and sick. Us, the people. And He helped them Himself, too.

He was very much against the government of his time forcing people to do things.

And the government, typical of big-govt dictatorships, tortured Him and killed Him for it.

Jesus was the exact opposite of modern "liberals".

In fact, Jesus was a conservative.

I don't know many conservatives who love their enemies.
Hell they hate their fellow Americans who are down on their luck...
tumblr_n2ljyprVTQ1t5fphqo1_500.gif

Abortion. The real reason Jesus wouldn't be a democrat. End of story. Anyway conservatives give a lot more to charity, than democrats do.

Not even the hearsay telling us what Jesus believed (and let's not forget the EVERYTHING we've been told about Jesus is hearsay) ever claims that he ever spoke out on the topic of abortion.

Abortion. The real reason Jesus wouldn't be a democrat. End of story. Anyway conservatives give a lot more to charity, than democrats do.

Not even the hearsay telling us what Jesus believed (and let's not forget the EVERYTHING we've been told about Jesus is hearsay) ever claims that he ever spoke out on the topic of abortion.

He never talked about pedophiles or murderers either...

Come on, guys. It is obvious Jesus was a Libertarian. All of his problems began when he started preaching without a license. He went outside the established system and formed his own professional organization. He was certified by a private sector authority (John the Baptist), and the guys who had a monopoly on preaching sicced the imperialist government regulators on his ass. He gave the people a belief system which got way better mileage, and the corporatists destroyed him.

But you can't keep a better business model down forever. So HA! Jesus and Libertarianism wins!

Last edited:
Jesus was a 'communist' - someone who favored individual poverty and communal living and goods held in common.

What distinguishes him from a modern-day 'communist' is the latter's insistence upon secularism and forcible communal living and effort, rather than a voluntary choice.

Okay I'll put it a different way. Jesus wouldn't feed a well bodied person, that can work. All of their life, just to follow him and pay them to have kids out of wedlock. Like liberals do for a vote. Shame on you.

Jesus said help the poor and the sick which sounds like every other democrat I know.
Democrats want the state to force everyone to "help" the poor and sick.
Jesus did not.
There you go.

And they came and said to him, “Teacher, we know that you are true and do not care about anyone’s opinion. For you are not swayed by appearances, but truly teach the way of God. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not? Should we pay them, or should we not?” But, knowing their hypocrisy, he said to them, “Why put me to the test? Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” And they brought one. And he said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?” They said to him, “Caesar’s.” Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at him.

There you go.
Do you suppose the image of the emperor Tiberius ("Divo Tiberio") was on every denarius? Of course, the Pharisees didn't want to cede all their wealth to the state, so they walked away without any further discussion.

You're not alone; people often miss the humor of Jesus, if not His more direct message, in this case being that the state must never assume the authority of God.

Jesus said help the poor and the sick which sounds like every other democrat I know.
Jesus did not.
There you go.

And they came and said to him, “Teacher, we know that you are true and do not care about anyone’s opinion. For you are not swayed by appearances, but truly teach the way of God. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not? Should we pay them, or should we not?” But, knowing their hypocrisy, he said to them, “Why put me to the test? Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” And they brought one. And he said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?” They said to him, “Caesar’s.” Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at him.

There you go.
Do you suppose the image of the emperor Tiberius ("Divo Tiberio") was on every denarius? Of course, the Pharisees didn't want to cede all their wealth to the state, so they walked away without any further discussion.

You're not alone; people often miss the humor of Jesus, if not His more direct message, in this case being that the state must never assume the authority of God.

Yeah. I have absolutely no sense of humor when it comes to Jesus and his political orientation...

One thing we know for sure is that Jesus was not an environmentalist. Just look the number he did on that fig tree!

And after feeding a crowd, the wasteful bastard threw out 12 basketfuls of bread!

Jesus did not.
There you go.

There you go.

Yeah. I have absolutely no sense of humor when it comes to Jesus and his political orientation...
Seventeen unnecessary words.

Jesus did not.
There you go.

There you go.

Seventeen unnecessary words.
Oh yeah? And how many hairs are on my head?

Forum List

Back