Israel Figured out How to Stop School Shootings Years Ago

Schools

4200 public schools in Florida

64.4 million dollar budget.

That is a only a budget of a little over 15 k per school .......which is barely enough to pay for a armed security guard in half the schools in Florida...............

They would have to double the budget just to get one guard in every school in Florida................

Just doing the math folks.

03091879-BB0C-4CF6-9CD1-5113BDC5490C.jpeg
There is a conflict in the story about whether the deputy was or wasn’t there. If the sheriffs deputy was there, he is only one person. And the campus was many buildings, spread over a wide area, with thousands of students, and many buildings were several floors. About 20 minutes before the end of the day, they unlock exterior doors to these buildings so kids can move back and forth, as needed. There was no way a single officer in such a sprawling complex could have covered the entire area. The shooting was over within 6 minutes. If a single officer was at the opposite end of the campus, receives news of shots fired, checks the cameras to see where it is happening, it could be all over by then.
Some facts about the campus-
The school at 5901 NW Pine Island Rd. serves 3,208 students from grades nine through twelve and has about 129 teachers. Home of the Eagles, the school motto is “Be positive. Be passionate. Be proud to be an Eagle.”

When it opened in 1990, the school was touted for its state-of-the-art campus that cost $27 million to build.

Amenities at the school, which has Spanish tile roofs, included hospital beds for medical classes, an emergency shower in chemistry class for toxic spills and built-in whirlpools in locker rooms.
At the time of its opening, the school was a prototype for the county’s new high school schools. The open air complex was built to meet the demand of the growing population of Coral Springs and Parkland, an affluent municipality with about 31,000 residents.
[URL="http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-sb-stoneman-marjory-douglas-high-school-facts-20180214-story.html"]Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland | Facts about the site of mass shooting

Also note the campus is not surrounded by a fence, which in Palm Beach County, all schools are.
First problem, this was not what one could consider a high risk area. Second, mental illness knows no bounds.
[/URL]
I understand doing it at the local level. We live in a safe area, but our schools are like Fort Knox. The biggest problem is we all need to stay on top of school districts and cities to make sure they allocate the money for doing drills, and/ or having armed security. Researching for Broward county schools I found a constant struggle with trying to push it all off on the city, where as the school district needs to play their part, as well. These districts over spend constantly, with little going overall to security and safety, or ridiculous implementation of security measures, paying for tons of personnel which have nothing to do with their supposed roles of ‘safety’ that really aren’t doing a thing.
There is over a 100,000 schools in the United States............

Any policy by the Federal Gov't could be massive in costs...............

Those areas where the threat of violence is much higher have taken measures to add security to those schools.

Some have put in metal detectors, and or Armed Security Guards.........done so because at a LOCAL LEVEL they understood that the threat level required Better Security Measures to be taken.

These decisions should come from the LOCAL LEVEL, and NOT THE FEDERAL LEVEL...........Because Locally the people there know better than anyone else if there is a Increased Risk Level to their children.

Education would be a key.............or simple procedures to be followed in case of an Active Shooter situation.....More so with the Teachers than the students.............

There is NO PERFECT SOLUTION TO THIS..........and there is NO ONE policy that can Prevent it from happening again. Life goes on.............and you must just hope for the best.
There were armed security guards at the school that just had the shooting..............I believe that is what I heard........

Reaction time is still a problem.............there are NO GUARANTEES...........except try to educate the teachers and students the best we can.

There are no absolutes here.

Armed guard at Florida school never encountered rampaging gunman

The state’s 67 school districts share a pot of money earmarked for such security needs as armed guards, bullying prevention and after-school programs.

But the cash — a total of $64.4 million — has remained the same for the past seven years, leading to reductions in school resource officers.

The money … is nowhere near enough to do what’s necessary to keep schools safe,” Andy Tuck, a member of the state Board of Education, said at a July 17 meeting, according to USA Today.

They spent 64.4 million in that state for security measures........but still say it isn't enough.........yet the very school in question had armed security on site.............IT DIDN'T MATTER............
.Schools need points of entry where metal detectors are in operation, and safety resource officers check in the students and staff. Not having points of entries secured, and the boundaries secure with camera's and sensors in this day and age is a fools game. When my family went to the state fair it was secured in these ways, and it made for a very safe and enjoyable time while there.

If a sporting event, state or county fair, airports, political rallies etc can be made safe due to security measures put in place, then how is it we have schools in this country wide open for attacks after all we know now ??

View attachment 177504 There is a conflict in the story about whether the deputy was or wasn’t there. If the sheriffs deputy was there, he is only one person. And the campus was many buildings, spread over a wide area, with thousands of students, and many buildings were several floors. About 20 minutes before the end of the day, they unlock exterior doors to these buildings so kids can move back and forth, as needed. There was no way a single officer in such a sprawling complex could have covered the entire area. The shooting was over within 6 minutes. If a single officer was at the opposite end of the campus, receives news of shots fired, checks the cameras to see where it is happening, it could be all over by then.
The school at 5901 NW Pine Island Rd. serves 3,208 students from grades nine through twelve and has about 129 teachers. Home of the Eagles, the school motto is “Be positive. Be passionate. Be proud to be an Eagle.”

When it opened in 1990, the school was touted for its state-of-the-art campus that cost $27 million to build.

Amenities at the school, which has Spanish tile roofs, included hospital beds for medical classes, an emergency shower in chemistry class for toxic spills and built-in whirlpools in locker rooms.
At the time of its opening, the school was a prototype for the county’s new high school schools. The open air complex was built to meet the demand of the growing population of Coral Springs and Parkland, an affluent municipality with about 31,000 residents.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland | Facts about the site of mass shooting

Also note the campus is not surrounded by a fence, which in Palm Beach County, all schools are.
First problem, this was not what one could consider a high risk area. Second, mental illness knows no bounds.
I understand doing it at the local level. We live in a safe area, but our schools are like Fort Knox. The biggest problem is we all need to stay on top of school districts and cities to make sure they allocate the money for doing drills, and/ or having armed security. Researching for Broward county schools I found a constant struggle with trying to push it all off on the city, where as the school district needs to play their part, as well. These districts over spend constantly, with little going overall to security and safety, or ridiculous implementation of security measures, paying for tons of personnel which have nothing to do with their supposed roles of ‘safety’ that really aren’t doing a thing.

Those areas where the threat of violence is much higher have taken measures to add security to those schools.

Some have put in metal detectors, and or Armed Security Guards.........done so because at a LOCAL LEVEL they understood that the threat level required Better Security Measures to be taken.

These decisions should come from the LOCAL LEVEL, and NOT THE FEDERAL LEVEL...........Because Locally the people there know better than anyone else if there is a Increased Risk Level to their children.

Education would be a key.............or simple procedures to be followed in case of an Active Shooter situation.....More so with the Teachers than the students.............

There is NO PERFECT SOLUTION TO THIS..........and there is NO ONE policy that can Prevent it from happening again. Life goes on.............and you must just hope for the best.
There were armed security guards at the school that just had the shooting..............I believe that is what I heard........

Reaction time is still a problem.............there are NO GUARANTEES...........except try to educate the teachers and students the best we can.

A Fence would not have kept the shooter out...........unless you created a gated community school with a guard at the entrance...........

As I stated in the other post.......that is simply not in the budget..........Unless you are willing to increase spending in Florida to the tune of 100's of millions of dollars..............

Our school district alone, in Palm Beach County, is over a billion dollars. We have allocated to safety $6 million a year, but after school activities, over $50 million. And we are one, as well as Broward, among the largest in the country. I personally think much more could be allocated to security, vs after school activities, or any other number of areas.
Schools

That is a only a budget of a little over 15 k per school .......which is barely enough to pay for a armed security guard in half the schools in Florida...............

They would have to double the budget just to get one guard in every school in Florida................

Even if that is done there are no guarantees that it will stop someone determined to get to the school to shoot the place up.

What are COST EFFECTIVE MEASURES that would increase security in our schools.?

That is true, to a degree. The gates here are not opened until just before the bell rings. People opening the gates might be aware of someone as well known as this guy was, that he was there and not supposed to be.
View attachment 177504 There is a conflict in the story about whether the deputy was or wasn’t there. If the sheriffs deputy was there, he is only one person. And the campus was many buildings, spread over a wide area, with thousands of students, and many buildings were several floors. About 20 minutes before the end of the day, they unlock exterior doors to these buildings so kids can move back and forth, as needed. There was no way a single officer in such a sprawling complex could have covered the entire area. The shooting was over within 6 minutes. If a single officer was at the opposite end of the campus, receives news of shots fired, checks the cameras to see where it is happening, it could be all over by then.

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland | Facts about the site of mass shooting

A Fence would not have kept the shooter out...........unless you created a gated community school with a guard at the entrance...........

As I stated in the other post.......that is simply not in the budget..........Unless you are willing to increase spending in Florida to the tune of 100's of millions of dollars..............

Our school district alone, in Palm Beach County, is over a billion dollars. We have allocated to safety $6 million a year, but after school activities, over $50 million. And we are one, as well as Broward, among the largest in the country. I personally think much more could be allocated to security, vs after school activities, or any other number of areas.
Schools

Correct me if I'm wrong but Palm Beach Country has a lot of people who can afford the increased costs of added security.............Palm Beach has a lot of wealthy people there......

Would that be the same for Miami Dade county............

According to liberals, Israel are a bunch of nazis. Not kidding. That is what we are dealing with here, and around the globalist satanic world.

It's also mandatory all available and able bodies serve in the military, spur bones or not. This also includes participating in police forcing.

Cadet Trump would surely not like this rule and responsibility.
/——/ Even I loathe the military Bill Clintoon would serve

.Secure all points of entry... Then security can do it's job better. Also get rid of political correctness. Begin to recognize the problems again. Enough with the idiocy.

A simple solution is needed...............that doesn't break the piggy bank...........and adds more security...........

Would it be cheaper for Teachers............only a limited number per school.......to apply for extra pay to be armed........and ONLY IF THEY QUALIFY and PASS strict training.............

I am not saying every teacher but ones who would be able to handle it should it be needed..........

Give them a 5k to 10k raise to be ON SITE SECURITY for situations like what just happened..........

If never attacked..............then they make a little more money..........if attacked......you got a couple more guns in the school to try and save the kids...............

That isn't unreasonable or impossible................

For one, we don’t put up with discipline problems. Secondly, don’t try to force square peg/children into a round hole. Not all kids with mental disabilities can cope within a normal classroom. I think it probably exacerbates their frustration, which easily could be the case here. Better mental health services.
From there, it’s hard to say.
We should follow suit. They were out front back in the day when planes were hijacked regularly in regard to security. Same with their schools

-Geaux

President Trump: Have Education Department Mandate Active Shooter Protocols

I’m a small government guy, however, it’s sadly apparent that the United States of America is paralyzed with political indecision over something the State of Israel figured out more than 40 years ago: all schools should have mandated security features and active shooter protocols.

The horrific scene in Parkland, and the upsetting videos broadcast from the school during the shooting, should be the final straw. The kids should not have been hiding and screaming, they should have been in the midst of a pre-determined security protocol.

President Trump, if the Department of Education can force Americans to deal with the disaster of Common Core, it can certainly issue a federal mandate regarding school security. The time is now.

My personal manifesto is that government should never get involved in an issue unless an ongoing clear and present danger exists to large numbers of people, and that any regulation or legislation has a sunset provision.

Here we are.

In 1974, Israel endured the Ma’alot Massacre in which “Palestinian” terrorists took 115 people hostage at Netiv Meir Elementary School. Twenty-two children and three others were killed and 68 injured. Israel now requires schools with 100 or more students to have a guard posted. The civilian police force handles the entire security system of all schools from kindergarten through college. The Ministry of Education funds shelters and fences, reinforces school buses, and hires and trains guards.

Lawrence Meyers - Israel Figured Out How to Prevent School Shootings 40 Years Ago-It's Time the US Followed Suit
. Or

Just go back to before these problems existed, and learn how the problems started, identify the source, stop the on going problem, and restore the free movement of Americans instead of letting the bad guy's win. We came down a path, and we can go back to where we entered upon the path, and then we can take a better path. Recognizing and outing the truth in it all is imperative. What have we allowed or had the nation done in which has placed it on the path of destruction in which has proven deadly over and over now ?? Trump came into office attempting to speak the truth to some degree, and he was attacked viciously ever since for it, and by the usual suspects.

The culprits are not ashamed to raise their heads in order to protect what they have done to the country, so why is the country fooled into not identifying the culprits, and taking action to break their grip on the country in which has caused so much heart ache and death to occur ???

.Secure all points of entry... Then security can do it's job better. Also get rid of political correctness. Begin to recognize the problems again. Enough with the idiocy.
As I've already said..................that cost in money would be very high............

Security Guard Salaries in Florida and by education, experience, Location and more - Salary.com

Parts of the county, yes, other parts, absolutely not.
Schools

Correct me if I'm wrong but Palm Beach Country has a lot of people who can afford the increased costs of added security.............Palm Beach has a lot of wealthy people there......

Would that be the same for Miami Dade county............

.With the power of the internet, funds could be raised on the subject to unimaginable amounts, so why not do a drive like we had in world war two when the chips were down ????? Are our children not worth it in this war ?? It's a war as well, but it is being conducted upon our soil.

Personally, I don’t want security guards in schools. I want fully trained officers.

As I've already said..................that cost in money would be very high............

Security Guard Salaries in Florida and by education, experience, Location and more - Salary.com

It's also mandatory all available and able bodies serve in the military, spur bones or not. This also includes participating in police forcing.

Cadet Trump would surely not like this rule and responsibility.

Sigh. . . . Really? That's your response? Why couldn't we provide training to the teachers designated to have a gun at school? A gun-use course takes all of a few hours. It's not rocket science. It takes about, oh, half an hour, at the most, to show someone how to operate and maintain a gun, and then you give them two or three hours of target practice, and, boom, they can handle a gun. Then, once a year, they spend an hour at a gun range doing target practice. All of this would cost far less than one 3-semester-hours class at most colleges.

Why do liberals constantly oppose things that we know work?

Just how do you know it works?

.It can be done.. In fact we should be ashamed of ourselves for what has happened, and also for the excuses that are being made. Are we the wealthiest nation on earth or not ??

Australia, not under constant attack by neighboring nations, also solved their mass shooting problem . Why no accolades for them?

Florida Carry calls for emergency legislation to arm teachers in the classroom

He says arming untrained teachers is too great a risk right now, but it's something that should bve up for debate.

"How would a law enforcement office knows the teacher is not the shooter?"

On Saturday Shine sent a letter to Superintendent Patricia Willis offering alternative forms of security.

"Mace and pepper spray have a range of about 20 feet," said Shine.

In his letter, he says:

One thing to consider is allowing trained members of a school staff to use/have access to non-lethal intervention tools -- mace, bean bag, body armor, etc.. I understand it will be impossible to stop all events, but if we can minimize the event -- or even more, create the perception among possible perpetrators that they will be less likely to be successful in consummating their crime -- the deterrent factor could be of value.
He also says that Duval County’s aging buildings need to be updated with technology.

"For example, if a door is open that shouldn’t be a buzz will go off in the front office."

Forum List

Back