'It just seems wrong.' GOP rep admits tax scam he voted for rips off working people

I think it is time for the Congressmen and Senators to get a pay cut, a pay cut down to what is the Median household income, which is about $60,000....

This way, when they legislate and give tax cuts, or tax increases, they can be at the right mindset for middle America.

Those in favor, say YEA! :D

You want Congressman living in tents on capitol hill?

'It just seems wrong.' GOP rep admits tax scam he voted for rips off working people
“It just seems wrong.” GOP rep admits tax scam he voted for rips off working people
Rep. Tom Cole knows the GOP tax scheme will hurt working Americans — but his colleagues told him to vote for it anyway. So he did.

There’s not much to like about the GOP tax scheme. The bill, drafted hurriedly and under the cover of darkness, is wildly unpopular among the American people and economists alike, with little to offer other than corporate giveaways and tax cuts for the rich.

But that didn’t stop Republicans like Rep. Tom Cole from voting for it — even though he admitted in a recent interview that “it just seems wrong” that the scam is, quite simply, a massive giveaway to the rich paid for by working class Americans.

Speaking with CNBC, Cole conceded that he’s not much of a “deep economic thinker” and didn’t pay much attention to those fancy tax analyses conducted by non-partisan agencies, almost all of which excoriated the bill for increasing the federal deficit without boosting economic growth.

“He doesn’t know what the models are,” CNBC noted, “but doesn’t worry much about that.”

Instead of turning to things like evidence and numbers, Cole relied on his GOP colleagues to tell him how to vote on the bill, which delivers massive tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans but offers little else for the rest of the population. Cole likes the way his colleagues think, and it was apparently easier to listen to their reassurances than to grapple with all those pesky facts and figures.

“In the end I’m going to trust the people who are philosophically aligned with me,” he told CNBC.

Idiocy is what this bill is.
i am relatively new to this board, but someone tell me who in the hell is this faggot loving creep Science Rocks.
He is so English challenged he cannot put a sentence together without swearing.

He proclaims the Dems to be "for the working people" but can't give one instance of anything the Dims have passed "for the working people!
e.g. Social security does not benefit the "working people" "working people" pay for non-working people.
Nancy Pelousey and Up-chuck Shumer tell us that the Rep's tax bill will be the end of humanity, and Armeggedon, but won't tell us why!
Fags and Lesbos are < 1% of the population, I don't care about their views!

i am relatively new to this board, but someone tell me who in the hell is this faggot loving creep Science Rocks.

Neither can you!

Paul Ryan argues that we need the tax cuts because the current recovery is the most anemic since WWII.

What he conveniently leaves out is that most of that recovery occurred on the BUSH tax cuts, plus the Obama tax cuts in the stimulus.

No that makes you triggered. The refund was a bit more than double, I live in a state with no state income tax and wave south at the fools who live in Oregon and California.

What State do you live that you can wave south 'at the fools' in Oregon....Canada?
Well Washington is north of Oregon

Have you not figured out yet that a large number of posters here are paid Canadians?

Lets run with Washington State.

While it's true that Washingtonians pay no personal State income taxes, BUT, they do pay the sixth largest amount in sales taxes. Under Trumps plan to make the rich (me) richer,Washingtonians will no longer be able to deduct the sales tax reducing their federal tax. But wait, there's more! No personal exemption!
How many poor and middle income people itemize their sales taxes.......almost zero
they don't have the time to do it or the money to hire people to.....so I doubt they'll see any increase
and if they do, well then they get to pay their fair share....so according to the left they should feel exciting and patriotic. Gawker a very leftwing site...oops was a leftwing site, says that dodging taxes is unpatriotic....so deductions must be horrible.

Biden calls paying higher taxes a patriotic act

Paying Taxes Is Patriotic. Dodging Taxes Is Unpatriotic.

How many poor and middle income people itemize their sales taxes.......almost zero

Thank you. That proves my point that American workers don't make enough money.
Thank you for agreeing that all this tax write off bullshit is just that...bullshit....it's not going to change their tax bill, the rate reductions and tax credits will lower it.

but what should workers make? Who determines it?

How much do you get back?
Don't know until I file

So you admit you're taking out your ass.....

You wrote: "I did some basic figures for mine and I'll get back more also, if it becomes law."

So, how much money do you get back?
Retard, it hasn't became law yet and I won't know how much until I file. You are attacking me over something that hasn't even happened yet, but if it does, I'll get more back, how much is no concern of yours, but it probably won't be a big amount.

But you wrote; "I did some basic figures for mine and I'll get back more also, if it becomes law."

I'm asking how much?
It's non of your fucking business, troll!

You're backing a tax plan and don't know if it's a benefit to you? That sir, is Texas stupid in the worst way.

Don't know until I file

You wrote: "I did some basic figures for mine and I'll get back more also, if it becomes law."

Retard, it hasn't became law yet and I won't know how much until I file. You are attacking me over something that hasn't even happened yet, but if it does, I'll get more back, how much is no concern of yours, but it probably won't be a big amount.

But you wrote; "I did some basic figures for mine and I'll get back more also, if it becomes law."

I'm asking how much?

You're backing a tax plan and don't know if it's a benefit to you? That sir, is Texas stupid in the worst way.
You're letting your imagination run away with you because I never claimed any such thing.

If the GOP really wanted a middle class and lower income tax cut, they could have JUST cut taxes for the middle class and lower income Americans.

And left the wealthy out of it completely.

If the GOP really wanted a middle class and lower income tax cut, they could have JUST cut taxes for the middle class and lower income Americans.

And left the wealthy out of it completely.
LOL! Everybody pays taxes.

I think it is time for the Congressmen and Senators to get a pay cut, a pay cut down to what is the Median household income, which is about $60,000....

This way, when they legislate and give tax cuts, or tax increases, they can be at the right mindset for middle America.

Those in favor, say YEA! :D

You want Congressman living in tents on capitol hill?
Tents supplied by Sheriff Joe would be ok!

All Cole said was "it seems like there should be more populist victories in there". CNBC and the left leaning blog substituted the rest. It's a fake news story based on a couple of words put in the mouth of a Congressman by left wing CNBC. Cole should know better than to give interviews to slimy editorialists.

“It just seems wrong.” GOP rep admits tax scam he voted for rips off working people
Rep. Tom Cole knows the GOP tax scheme will hurt working Americans — but his colleagues told him to vote for it anyway. So he did.

There’s not much to like about the GOP tax scheme. The bill, drafted hurriedly and under the cover of darkness, is wildly unpopular among the American people and economists alike, with little to offer other than corporate giveaways and tax cuts for the rich.

But that didn’t stop Republicans like Rep. Tom Cole from voting for it — even though he admitted in a recent interview that “it just seems wrong” that the scam is, quite simply, a massive giveaway to the rich paid for by working class Americans.

Speaking with CNBC, Cole conceded that he’s not much of a “deep economic thinker” and didn’t pay much attention to those fancy tax analyses conducted by non-partisan agencies, almost all of which excoriated the bill for increasing the federal deficit without boosting economic growth.

“He doesn’t know what the models are,” CNBC noted, “but doesn’t worry much about that.”

Instead of turning to things like evidence and numbers, Cole relied on his GOP colleagues to tell him how to vote on the bill, which delivers massive tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans but offers little else for the rest of the population. Cole likes the way his colleagues think, and it was apparently easier to listen to their reassurances than to grapple with all those pesky facts and figures.

“In the end I’m going to trust the people who are philosophically aligned with me,” he told CNBC.

Idiocy is what this bill is.

He proclaims the Dems to be "for the working people" but can't give one instance of anything the Dims have passed "for the working people!
e.g. Social security does not benefit the "working people" "working people" pay for non-working people.
Nancy Pelousey and Up-chuck Shumer tell us that the Rep's tax bill will be the end of humanity, and Armeggedon, but won't tell us why!
Fags and Lesbos are < 1% of the population, I don't care about their views!

Neither can you!
One percent, so your a faggot?

What State do you live that you can wave south 'at the fools' in Oregon....Canada?
Well Washington is north of Oregon

Have you not figured out yet that a large number of posters here are paid Canadians?

Lets run with Washington State.

While it's true that Washingtonians pay no personal State income taxes, BUT, they do pay the sixth largest amount in sales taxes. Under Trumps plan to make the rich (me) richer,Washingtonians will no longer be able to deduct the sales tax reducing their federal tax. But wait, there's more! No personal exemption!
they don't have the time to do it or the money to hire people to.....so I doubt they'll see any increase
and if they do, well then they get to pay their fair share....so according to the left they should feel exciting and patriotic. Gawker a very leftwing site...oops was a leftwing site, says that dodging taxes is unpatriotic....so deductions must be horrible.

Biden calls paying higher taxes a patriotic act

Paying Taxes Is Patriotic. Dodging Taxes Is Unpatriotic.

Thank you. That proves my point that American workers don't make enough money.
Thank you for agreeing that all this tax write off bullshit is just that...bullshit....it's not going to change their tax bill, the rate reductions and tax credits will lower it.

but what should workers make? Who determines it?

So it's your belief that tax deductions don't reduce your taxable income?

Under this tax reform bill over 90% of filers will claim the standard deduction which was increased to a whopping $12,000 for singles and $24,000 for married couples. The losers will be high earners in high tax blue states with high state income/property taxes. They will finally have to pay their fair share of Federal income taxes, no more local state/tax loopholes for those people.

Under this tax reform bill over 90% of filers will claim the standard deduction which was increased to a whopping $12,000 for singles and $24,000 for married couples. The losers will be high earners in high tax blue states with high state income/property taxes. They will finally have to pay their fair share of Federal income taxes, no more local tax loopholes for those people.
Trump, striking while the iron is hot and the libtards are crying over muslims!

Under this tax reform bill over 90% of filers will claim the standard deduction which was increased to a whopping $12,000 for singles and $24,000 for married couples. The losers will be high earners in high tax blue states with high state income/property taxes. They will finally have to pay their fair share of Federal income taxes, no more local tax loopholes for those people.
Trump, striking while the iron is hot and the libtards are crying over muslims!

Not only is Trump passing a bill, its an historic bill congress has been trying to pass for over 30 years. And if that wasn't enough of a win the bill also gets rid of the Obamacare mandate and fines, AND opens the Alaska national artic wildlife preserve to oil and gas drilling. :eusa_dance:

Don't know until I file

I'm asking how much?

And you applauded a healthcare bill you knew far less about, so what is your point-)

Forum List

Back