It’s not a game, but it appears to take that form

turzovka

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
from my perspective. The way many intellects approach life is what I am referring to. I think pride is the primary enemy of the soul. So here is my big boast which may repulse many.

--------------------------------------------

To those who are not sure whether God exists or not, it would behoove you (x one million) to act as though He does. And to those who say I hope he exists so I can curse this mystical sadist to his face, I would surely refrain from such boasts because paralyzing fear or humility will settle in long before you get to your speech.

---------------------------------------------

To those who are sure that God exists but go no further, you take risks by creating “a gospel according to you” and not considering the wisdom of the ages. God is not as mysterious as you might hope. Nor is He as accommodating to man’s obsession with self-pleasures or his contentious conjectural pursuits in an attempt to justify his ways.

1 Timothy 6: "If anyone advocates a different doctrine and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness, he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, [that’s the game I was speaking of] out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions, and constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either. If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content. But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

"But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness."

Forum List

Back