It's a medical fact. Life begins at conception.

Spineless gutless liberal bastards killing something that can't defend itself! I hate those pos!

Human life began when the sperm fertilized the egg.

So? By design, not every fertilized egg makes it to the womb or birth.

And? That's stating the obvious but has nothing to do with the instant human life begins.

It is the moment a new unique human DNA cell is formed. So what? It has a long journey to make it to birth. Everyone alive today was formed this way but not every fertilized egg makes it out alive. My niece has about 10 fertilized eggs frozen right now. They will be destroyed in about 4 more years. So what?

Sure it does and the other 249,999,999 million sperm die during this process. I wish nothing but the best for your niece.

Well one of them was successful and we have a great new addition to our family. If they choose to not use the other fertilized eggs does that mean they killed 10 humans?

No of course not.

I'm glad about your family. You know, I really cant argue with you on the latter. You raise a great point.

Of course life begins at conception. That's what conception is.

For some reason, many pro-choicers just have to be dishonest about this. The most common strategy is to change the term from "human life" to "person" or "human being" or "individual" or "baby" or "child".

Just be honest, for fuck's sake. It's human life.

And I'm pro choice.

A pregnant woman is also said to be "with child."

Correct?
I'm fine with that, the semantics are irrelevant to me.

And our fetal HOMICIDE laws.

You are fine with those too?
Yes. Is there a point here?
I'm trying to see how comfortable you are with the government playing it both ways.

Nothing magical about it. Who exactly every said the fetus in a womb is not human? Late term abortion are rare as it should be.
Oh, it is most certainly magical. I just proved that at least half of all pro-choicers are against second trimester abortions. The other half choose a later date at which they decide you have life.

It's all fucking arbitrary. Magical.

Life at conception is at least unequivocal.

Arbitrary yes, magical no.

Life before conception is also unequivocal. The little swimmers are alive and so is their objective.

A human has 46 chromosomes so a sperm or egg isn't human until the egg is fertilized. You knew that.

I disagree. They are uniquely human to the humans they came from, and they are alive.

You cant disagree that they are not human. They carry the dna. Seriously, how can you come to that conclusion?

Human Sperm/Eggs are not human? Funny but I feel that position is untenable. Their 23 chromosomes are uniquely human.

Oh, it is most certainly magical. I just proved that at least half of all pro-choicers are against second trimester abortions. The other half choose a later date at which they decide you have life.

Life before conception is also unequivocal. The little swimmers are alive and so is their objective.

A human has 46 chromosomes so a sperm or egg isn't human until the egg is fertilized. You knew that.

I disagree. They are uniquely human to the humans they came from, and they are alive.

You cant disagree that they are not human. They carry the dna. Seriously, how can you come to that conclusion?

Human Sperm/Eggs are not human? Funny but I feel that position is untenable. Their 23 chromosomes are uniquely human.

When a sperm and egg meet there are 23. I dont disagree. Thats fact. Are you saying that a human sperm or egg is human by itself?

Life obviously doesn't begin at conception, being it existed before conception.

Claims that a human being is formed at conception are purely subjective opinions, no matter who makes them.

Humanity over all of human history has used "human, born and alive" to define a human being. Claims such as the OP makes are very recent historical revisionism from the pro-life crowd.

What does the fact that many children die immediately following their first days of life have to do with the way their life began?

Fertilized eggs are not children.

The human ones are.

And? That's stating the obvious but has nothing to do with the instant human life begins.

It is the moment a new unique human DNA cell is formed. So what? It has a long journey to make it to birth. Everyone alive today was formed this way but not every fertilized egg makes it out alive. My niece has about 10 fertilized eggs frozen right now. They will be destroyed in about 4 more years. So what?

Sure it does and the other 249,999,999 million sperm die during this process. I wish nothing but the best for your niece.

Well one of them was successful and we have a great new addition to our family. If they choose to not use the other fertilized eggs does that mean they killed 10 humans?

No of course not.

I'm glad about your family. You know, I really cant argue with you on the latter. You raise a great point.

She is a miracle. Thanks.

Human sperm and egg (haploid) cells are just that. Haploid Cells. Un-United, that's all they will ever be. Cells.

They are not "organisms" until they unite and conception takes place.

Biology 101

When a sperm and egg meet there are 23. I dont disagree. Thats fact. Are you saying that a human sperm or egg is human by itself?

No. They are specialize cells that carry the DNA of the host.

For some reason, many pro-choicers just have to be dishonest about this. The most common strategy is to change the term from "human life" to "person" or "human being" or "individual" or "baby" or "child".

And I'm pro choice.

Correct?

Just trying to see how comfortable you are with the government playing it both ways.

Life obviously doesn't begin at conception, being it existed before conception.

Claims that a human being is formed at conception are purely subjective opinions, no matter who makes them.

Humanity over all of human history has used "human, born and alive" to define a human being. Claims such as the OP makes are very recent historical revisionism from the pro-life crowd.

What does the fact that many children die immediately following their first days of life have to do with the way their life began?

The human ones are.

What if they are frozen?

Chilled Children?

Human sperm and egg (haploid) cells are just that. Haploid Cells. Un-United, that's all they will ever be. Cells.

Biology 101

Chuz, thats correct but blind boo brought up a good point. If you are a female and you're having a hard time conceiving and you freeze your embryos

No. They are specialize cells that carry the DNA of the host.

Ok

The human ones are.

What if they are frozen?

Chilled Children?

A child frozen in a state of suspended animation is still a child who is frozen in a state of suspended animation. . . Yes.

Water is water.... even when it is frozen in an ice cube tray.

Isn't it?

Biology 101

I agree with that chuz but if a female is trying to conceive and cant while saving several fertilized eggs to produce a kid, I have no argument.

And I'm pro choice.

Correct?

I'm trying to see how comfortable you are with the government playing it both ways.
Well, unlike politicians, I don't need to play games.

The human ones are.

What if they are frozen?

Chilled Children?

A child frozen in a state of suspended animation is still a child who is frozen in a state of suspended animation. . . Yes.

Isn't it?

Yes i agree. But what do you do with those other 9 embryos? Im not arguing against you because Im pro life but blind does have an excellent point.

The human ones are.

What if they are frozen?

Chilled Children?

Isn't it?

No, I have to disagree. A child can only develop from the fertilized egg after the egg gets implanted in the womb. A water molecule will never develop in to a child, although a developing child will have many water molecules.

Correct?

Well, unlike politicians, I don't need to play games.

Are you personally fine with playing it both ways? Or not?

The human ones are.

What if they are frozen?

Chilled Children?

Isn't it?

No, I have to disagree. A child can only develop from the fertilized egg after the egg gets implanted in the womb. A water molecule will never develop in to a child, although a developing child will have many water molecules.

Human children are created in test tubes (Petri dishes) all the time and are only implanted in the womb after they have already been alive (and developing) for a while.

Developments begins at conception. Not implantation.

The human ones are.

What if they are frozen?

Chilled Children?

Isn't it?

Yes i agree. But what do you do with those other 9 embryos? Im not arguing against you because Im pro life but blind does have an excellent point.

I don't think they should have been created in the first place but since they have been, they should be made available for adoption.

Forum List

Back