Its July 4th.....Have you thanked a Liberal today???

It's the sheer dishonesty that's so galling. Modern liberals have little interest in individual freedoms -- they prefer the collective, insisting on treating people as monolithic blocs, and hating them when they don't stay in their assigned pigeonhole.

The FF as modern liberals? Utterly ludicrous.

On this I have to agree with you...

Modern liberals do not wear powdered wigs, own slaves or deny rights to women

Liberal thought evolves to meet the needs of an evolving society......it is only libertarians and Tea Baggers who are stuck in the 18th century
If liberal thought has evolved, why do you want the US to adopt the conditions of the Soviet Union circa 1958?

yur a duma

So, in your mind the founders, who were self-reliant and rugged individualists somehow were liberal? Liberalism is the antithesis of self-reliance and rugged individualism.

I've only been here two days, but I have to say, you have some tough competition for the most blatantly false assertions I have so far read.

I guess this board just allows people to slander entire groups without a single link to a fact.

Wherever you got those impressions of liberals, may I be the latest to disabuse you of any notion that you have the world sorted out correctly. So sad that such a nice person as you would have allowed someone else to poison your mind with wholesale bigotry and intolerance for differences of opinion among Americans.

Perhaps, if you try hard, before you finish this life, you might be able to open your mind. But there seems to be little hope when I read such utter bollocks as I see posted here by folks like you.

It's called 'freedom of speech'. If that's a foreign concept to you, perhaps you should find a board that does not tolerate such freedom.

If he finds such a board, he'll be a lot more likely to "win" a debate there.

I know most of us are celebrating today with picnics, hot dogs and fireworks. But on this day of celebration of one of the most significant liberal accomplishments, it is time to reflect on just what this day means

Our liberal founding fathers shook the world when they declared that "All men are created equal" When you think of it, this was a time when royalty ruled by the merits of their blood alone. It was a time when different classes of people received different treatment from the government. It was a time when those who toiled in the fields received different treatment than those who owned the fields

In the most liberal concept of the day, our founding fathers stood up and declared .....We have god given rights to be treated the same as anyone else. Imagine declaring that royalty are no better than anyone else? Or that someone working in the fields deserved the same rights and the same vote as someone who owned the land or that some illiterate peasant deserved the same treatment as a royal family member.

Imagine what this country would be like if our founding fathers had listened to the conservatives of the day and remained loyal to the King or implemented a class system based on wealth?

Yes, this is a day of celebration of the greatest country in the history of the world. Take the time to be thankful for what this country gives us and find a liberal and give them a smile and a thumbs up for this special day

It was also rather progressive of them too, as opposed to the conservative loyalists.

When are you simply Minded Idiots going to understand that Words like Liberal, and Conservative are RELATIVE to the times they are used in. Or do you truly believe Conservative today means you want a return to the British Monarchy for America?

Grow up people.

So, in your mind the founders, who were self-reliant and rugged individualists somehow were liberal? Liberalism is the antithesis of self-reliance and rugged individualism.

I've only been here two days, but I have to say, you have some tough competition for the most blatantly false assertions I have so far read.

I guess this board just allows people to slander entire groups without a single link to a fact.

Wherever you got those impressions of liberals, may I be the latest to disabuse you of any notion that you have the world sorted out correctly. So sad that such a nice person as you would have allowed someone else to poison your mind with wholesale bigotry and intolerance for differences of opinion among Americans.

Perhaps, if you try hard, before you finish this life, you might be able to open your mind. But there seems to be little hope when I read such utter bollocks as I see posted here by folks like you.
Bravo! That is some major whining. I love it when idiots whine.

Moron.

I know most of us are celebrating today with picnics, hot dogs and fireworks. But on this day of celebration of one of the most significant liberal accomplishments, it is time to reflect on just what this day means

Our liberal founding fathers shook the world when they declared that "All men are created equal" When you think of it, this was a time when royalty ruled by the merits of their blood alone. It was a time when different classes of people received different treatment from the government. It was a time when those who toiled in the fields received different treatment than those who owned the fields

In the most liberal concept of the day, our founding fathers stood up and declared .....We have god given rights to be treated the same as anyone else. Imagine declaring that royalty are no better than anyone else? Or that someone working in the fields deserved the same rights and the same vote as someone who owned the land or that some illiterate peasant deserved the same treatment as a royal family member.

Imagine what this country would be like if our founding fathers had listened to the conservatives of the day and remained loyal to the King or implemented a class system based on wealth?

Yes, this is a day of celebration of the greatest country in the history of the world. Take the time to be thankful for what this country gives us and find a liberal and give them a smile and a thumbs up for this special day

Trying to play Politics with the 4th? Really?

Shame on you.
Well, 4th celebrations are apparently nothing but GOP propaganda. Haven't you heard?

;)

It was also rather progressive of them too, as opposed to the conservative loyalists.

When are you simply Minded Idiots going to understand that Words like Liberal, and Conservative are RELATIVE to the times they are used in. Or do you truly believe Conservative today means you want a return to the British Monarchy for America?

Grow up people.

the definitions stay the same, they people try to bend the names to suit what they want.

Politicial parties change from mostly con to lib and vicea versa over the years, but the definitions stay the same.

Last edited:

Trying to play Politics with the 4th? Really?

Shame on you.

Well why not, none of Obama's policies are working out so he's working damage control by saying "Sure, we're failing but the FF's would have wanted it that way."

Grow up people.

the definitions stay the same, they people try to bend the names to suit what they want.

Politicial parties change from mostly con to lib and vicea versa over the years, but the definitions stay the same.

Fine... Because sometimes you seem to be one of the few that are able to break from partsian blind support I have a question for you Citizen...

Is RW from what you know of him a "liberal" by definition or a "liberal" who "bends the names to suit what they want?"

So, in your mind the founders, who were self-reliant and rugged individualists somehow where liberal? Liberalism is the antithesis of self-reliance and rugged individualism.

The floundering fathers were self reliant rugged individualists?

If one defines self-reliant and rugged individualists as exploiters of slaves, many of whom were to the manor born, and most of whom were born into the elite class of their colonialists societies, I suppose that one might describe them as such.

Some of them were extraordinary "self made" men.

Ben Franklin comes immediately to mind, for example.

There it is... the Founders were bunch of old, racist white men.:lol:

Most were old, they were all white men, and some were definitely racist. Nicely put...

On this I have to agree with you...

Modern liberals do not wear powdered wigs, own slaves or deny rights to women

Liberal thought evolves to meet the needs of an evolving society......it is only libertarians and Tea Baggers who are stuck in the 18th century
If liberal thought has evolved, why do you want the US to adopt the conditions of the Soviet Union circa 1958?

yur a duma
You're illiterate. :lol:

What does this matter? All the man said was "thank a veteran".

Why do you have to inject this kind of stupid shit into the equation?

You were asked a question about your service in the American military. You didn't answer.
I bet I know why you reflexively and defensively chose to insult the questioner instead.

Because the questioner was being a nosy asshole?

Why on earth would I thank people who are actively trying to destroy what our Founders accomplished?

See, I actually like the Constitution. I'd like to see it restored to before the Progressives started screwing it up. Restore the power of the States. You know, limit the Federal Government. Stop ignoring the corruption and kick the people who want power out of Washington.

The floundering fathers were self reliant rugged individualists?

If one defines self-reliant and rugged individualists as exploiters of slaves, many of whom were to the manor born, and most of whom were born into the elite class of their colonialists societies, I suppose that one might describe them as such.

Some of them were extraordinary "self made" men.

Ben Franklin comes immediately to mind, for example.

There it is... the Founders were bunch of old, racist white men.:lol:

Most were old, they were all white men, and some were definitely racist. Nicely put...

So, which Constitutional proviso should be amended because it was merely reflects that the framers were old, white racist men, ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Why on earth would I thank people who are actively trying to destroy what our Founders accomplished?

See, I actually like the Constitution. I'd like to see it restored to before the Progressives started screwing it up. Restore the power of the States. You know, limit the Federal Government. Stop ignoring the corruption and kick the people who want power out of Washington.

Screwing it up how?

Ending Slavery?
Womens vote?

Most of what you object to is within the powers of Congress. If you read the Constitution, there is not much detail on what to do, only a framework for the legislative, executive and judicial branches.

The founders wanted future generations to craft their own government to meet their own times within the Constitutional framework of Government

Remember conservatives were against the French Revolution while liberals were for it.

Yea, executing rich people just because they were born rich... that's a liberal stance.

Ask today's French what they think of their revolution.

You're really not terribly well read about world history, are ya?

:lol::lol:

Liberals "ask for so little in return"???? They ask the government to provide food, housing, transportation, healthcare, spending money, and entertainment. In addition, liberals ask the government to remove the rights of other American's. They want to end free speech (see censorship and attacks on people such as Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, etc.), the right to keep and bear arms (see endless unconstitutional gun legislation), and religion (see endless attacks on religious symbols).

The sad truth is, the Democratic Party doesn't even exist any more. It has been hijacked by Communists and radicals. JFK gave an incredible speech about how lowering taxes is the only way to solve financial problems, including those of the government. Can you imagine any liberal politician making that accurate statement today? He'd be accused of being a "right wing nut" and lynched by the mob-mentality progressives.

Screwing it up how?

Ending Slavery?
Womens vote?

Most of what you object to is within the powers of Congress. If you read the Constitution, there is not much detail on what to do, only a framework for the legislative, executive and judicial branches.

The founders wanted future generations to craft their own government to meet their own times within the Constitutional framework of Government

"Ending slavery"?!?!?! Um, liberals did NOT end slavery. In fact, liberals fought to keep slavery to their very death (see US Civil War). It was Abraham Lincoln, the FIRST Republican (ie the GOP) that ended slavery. It always amazes me how liberals try to rewrite history. But then again, Propaganda is the #1 tool of Communists and Nazi's.

Forum List

Back