'Its Not YOUR Decision If I 'NEED' An AR-15'. Washibgton Gov Signs Constitution-Violating Bill Into Law

Your welcome.

What has the Second Amendment done for this nation? Anyone?

Gun Effectiveness​

I checked online and found some fascinating numbers. A good website with footnotes and references to authoritative sources is GunFacts.info. There I learned the following:

• Guns prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year, or 6,849 every day. Most often, the gun is never fired, and no blood (including the criminal’s) is shed.
  • Every year, 400,000 life-threatening violent crimes are prevented using firearms.
  • 60 percent of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they knew the victim was armed. Forty percent of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they thought the victim might be armed.
  • Felons report that they avoid entering houses where people are at home because they fear being shot.
  • Fewer than 1 percent of firearms are used in the commission of a crime.

If you doubt the objectivity of the site above, it’s worth pointing out that the Center for Disease Control, in a report ordered by President Obama in 2012 following the Sandy Hook Massacre, estimated that the number of crimes prevented by guns could be even higher—as many as 3 million annually, or some 8,200 every day.

Another excellent source of information on this topic (and many more current issues) is the Gun Control page at JustFacts.org. (Full disclosure: I serve on the board of directors of JustFacts because I believe in the organization’s objectiveness, accuracy, and integrity.)

Defensive Gun Use​

In “Defensive Gun Use is More Than Shooting Bad Guys,” James Agresti, founder and president of JustFacts, provided overwhelming evidence from multiple sources showing that defensive gun use is more common and effective than anti-gun fanatics like The New York Times suggest or will admit. Agresti says that “people who use a gun for defense rarely harm (much less kill) criminals. This is because criminals often back off when they discover their targets are armed.”

John Lott, author of the book, “More Guns, Less Crime,” is president of the Crime Prevention Research Center, another outstanding source for info on this subject. He writes:

By 66 percent to 32 percent, economists and criminologists answer that gun-free zones are “more likely to attract criminals than they are to deter them.” A 60 percent to 40 percent margin thinks that guns in the home do not increase suicides. And a 62 percent to 35 percent spread says that guns are used in self-defense to stop crime more often than in the commission of crime.

This may explain why even The New York Times hasn’t yet put a billboard up by its offices that screams, “This is a Gun-Free Zone. There are No Guns Here.”

If we can just confiscate the estimated 350 million guns in the country, you might ask, then won’t we eliminate the offensive use of firearms, so we won’t need any of those many defensive uses? Good luck with that. Is there any reason to believe that such a war on guns would be any more successful than the government’s war on drugs? Even a fifth-grader could tell you that it would be largely the innocent who would be disarmed. Criminals would have no problem keeping their guns or getting replacements on a thriving black market.

I am. But you're not answering the question. What has the 2nd Amendment ever done for this nation?
fuck you and your question. The BEAUTY of the 2nd is that I don't have to answer, explain, ask permission, or anything else. YOU ARE THE ONE WITH THE BURDON OF MAKING THE CHANGE......get it done loser!!!!

Still writing in isolated, incomplete phrases ? Are you an immigrant ?
Are you a troll?

th

I’m not an immigrant, is English your second language ?
no

is yours?

You've gotten so much wrong in this thread, I wonder if you speak any earth languages.
and your talent for deflection is second only to Karine Jean-Pierres.

Still afraid of the gov ? I would be too if I lived in worthless Texas, the shit hole of the south.
You are confused Moon Bat.

All the middle class people from the shitholes of Democrat controlled CA, WA and OR are moving to states like Texas so as usual you are confused.

Here in Florida we are getting the refugees from the NE.

People tend to vote with their feet and the Democrat controlled shitholes are losing a lot of people while free states like Texas and Florida are getting the people.

no

is yours?

You've gotten so much wrong in this thread, I wonder if you speak any earth languages.
and your talent for deflection is second only to Karine Jean-Pierres.
You’re all over the place with your ramblings.

the middle class people from the shitholes of Democrat controlled CA, WA and OR are moving to states like Texas so as usual you are confused.
Really ? Every look at these peoples who are moving ? They are the low life’s and the baggers out for a free ride.

Here in Florida we are getting the refugees from the NE.
Ha ha
You buy refugees who are dead beats who don’t want to pay state income taxes from where they came. The vast majority are on social security. What idiots you are. You rail against the Fed who pays income of most retiree freeloaders who spend it in your state. Typical red state free loader off the Fed.

Texas, another free loading state has the same influx of dead beats who are looking for state income tax freedom. They are retiree trailer Park trash. They aren’t productive workers.
A bunch of old farts living on death’s door saving their last pennies.

Last edited:
It's a right we shouldn't have been given. I am advocating for the elimination of the 2nd Amendment.
There's the flaw in the "logic" right there.

The State doesn't "give" anyone their rights....They're presumed as a pre-existing condition, and the only legitimate role of The State is to protect those rights.

Maybe you'll be happier in China.

Wrong moron, the Constitution says differently.
How would you know ? You’re illiterate. From the constitution to this day, ALL arms have been regulated. The 2@ was written to satisfy our NEED for a well regulated militia. Read the first phrase. It tells you everything you need to know what the 2@ applies to. ONLY an illiterate idiot would take one phrase out of context in any statement and pretend that is the full meaning of any amendment, let alone the 2@.

Forum List

Back