Jeb Bush: GOP nominee should be willing to lose the primary to win the general election

You should love Jeb. He is an ardent and ignorant big gov progressive....just like you.
At least he's willing to drop the Far Right ... folks like you. It's bound to happen sooner or later.

And yet many on the Left live in fear of the so called "Far Right." They believe the R party is 'Far Right," when nothing could be more wrong. There is little difference between the parties, but leftists like you have not figured this out and continue to get duped by them and their media daily.

Most of the Republican Party is center right, that is why you can't force a Conservative on the party

The problem is that the far right controls the right wing media and bullies moderate Republicans into submission. We will see how Jeb does

Can you name ONE far right R presidential nominee the past 30 years?

Here's the pattern the past 4 elections: moderate dem-lites lose and lose big in the Presidential, while tea party wins record breaking victories in eh Mid Year

What does this pattern tell you for 2016?

What's the key to Victory, is it Starkey or Cruz, Palin and Paul?

I'm lousy at predicting political stuff, but I would have you consider the possibility that national (presidential) elections are very different than local (mid term congressional) elections. It's far easier to win a city or a county or a state than the country, and I'd think the two require different approaches.

Reagan won when the entire Conservative media consisted of the Editorial page of the WSJ and Crossfire

In 08, Obama pretended to be a fiscal Conservative and political Moderate

Conservatism wins

That could be, but "Conservatism" may need to be defined.

Right now, Cruz and many of his supporters can be defined as people who want to do away with any number of government agencies, the IRS, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, EPA, DOE, the list goes on and on. I don't recall Reagan being for that.

Now, maybe they are NOT for doing away with all that, it's hard to tell. But it's easy to paint them in that light when conservative talk radio and random right wingers are saying it.

Reagan's message was bold and positive. Do you think that's conservatism's message today? Where? Who? When?

Here's the pattern the past 4 elections: moderate dem-lites lose and lose big in the Presidential, while tea party wins record breaking victories in eh Mid Year

The R establishment will not allow a truly conservative pol to win the R presidential nomination. They will work with the Ds and the lib MSM, to sabotage conservative candidates.

My guess is the lib press will put out very favorable stories about Jeb and other progressive Rs over the next two years, while also putting out critical stories on Cruz and Paul.

The power of the Bush family should not be underestimated.

I'm lousy at predicting political stuff, but I would have you consider the possibility that national (presidential) elections are very different than local (mid term congressional) elections. It's far easier to win a city or a county or a state than the country, and I'd think the two require different approaches.

Reagan won when the entire Conservative media consisted of the Editorial page of the WSJ and Crossfire

Conservatism wins

That could be, but "Conservatism" may need to be defined.

Right now, Cruz and many of his supporters can be defined as people who want to do away with any number of government agencies, the IRS, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, EPA, DOE, the list goes on and on. I don't recall Reagan being for that.

Now, maybe they are NOT for doing away with all that, it's hard to tell. But it's easy to paint them in that light when conservative talk radio and random right wingers are saying it.

Reagan's message was bold and positive. Do you think that's conservatism's message today? Where? Who? When?

I do not think your memory of Reagan is accurate. He campaigned hard on limiting government. He regularly spoke of the evils of big government during his first campaign. He promised to eliminate the education department and other departments...problem is once in power, he did not curtail government, he grew it.

Conservatism wins

1964_Electoral_Map.png

:thup:

Yeah, we tried Dem-Lite in 08 and 12 and lost bad to a gay, radical Muslim
And here's one of several examples of the ignorance and stupidity common to most on the extreme right that will help elect a democrat in 2016.
And here --- ^ --- is an example of an extreme leftist hack calling the truth a lie in a lame attempt at reverse psychology in order to promote a lie, because leftist needs lies to prevail in order to survive. They thrive on lies... does GRUBER come to mind?

lieoftheyear_thumb1_zps36107890.jpg

All republicans really need to do is let Barry be Barry for the next two years, and if the American people haven't yet risen up in open revolt to physically remove the filthy little kenyan despot, a republican president will be guaranteed in spades, and I mean anyone, won't matter.

Last edited:
You should love Jeb. He is an ardent and ignorant big gov progressive....just like you.
At least he's willing to drop the Far Right ... folks like you. It's bound to happen sooner or later.

And yet many on the Left live in fear of the so called "Far Right." They believe the R party is 'Far Right," when nothing could be more wrong. There is little difference between the parties, but leftists like you have not figured this out and continue to get duped by them and their media daily.

Most of the Republican Party is center right, that is why you can't force a Conservative on the party

The problem is that the far right controls the right wing media and bullies moderate Republicans into submission. We will see how Jeb does

There are none

The reason is that they offend even Republicans and are unelectable. However, they do control the message and are quick to punish any moderate who dares to negotiate on taxes, guns or gays

The R establishment will not allow a truly conservative pol to win the R presidential nomination. They will work with the Ds and the lib MSM, to sabotage conservative candidates.

My guess is the lib press will put out very favorable stories about Jeb and other progressive Rs over the next two years, while also putting out critical stories on Cruz and Paul.

I agree 100%. But they've been doing that for decades now, and look what has happened in recent history with big Tea Party wins and the midterms. Seems people are listening less and less to the lame stream media, and getting more of their information from non biased sources on the internet like the Drudge Report.

The reason why the GOP establishment doesn't want a guy like Ted Cruz is because they'd be blown out of the water.

The idea that the key to the WH is to have a more conservative candidate is pure delusional partisan fantasy.

Moderates are the biggest voting block, and Republicans have lost moderates in five of the last six elections. They lost moderates by 8,000,000 votes in 2012. The only time they have won in the past two decades while losing moderates was in 2004.

Moderates don't say "Hmm, if only we had a really right-wing Republican candidate rather than just a right-wing candidate, I'd vote for him. Therefore, I'm going to vote for the left-wing candidate." That's retarded. (And yes, maybe to the far right the GOP candidates look like moderates, but not to everyone else.)

A conservative can win the Presidency, but the idea that the conservative always wins is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in politics.

There are none

The reason is that they offend even Republicans and are unelectable. However, they do control the message and are quick to punish any moderate who dares to negotiate on taxes, guns or gays
This is a false statement. If good true conservatives were not electable, there wouldn't be any at all.

The fact of the matter remains, run a RINO moderate for president, you lose because the conservative base stays home, and a republican can't win the white house without the conservative base vote. Now I know you leftist give it your all attempting to obscure that fact, and/or lie about it in hopes that people won't pay attention... well... seems that from the results of the midterms, people aren't listening to you people anymore. They know you all lie.

The reason why the GOP establishment doesn't want a guy like Ted Cruz is because they'd be blown out of the water.

The idea that the key to the WH is to have a more conservative candidate is pure delusional partisan fantasy.

Moderates are the biggest voting block, and Republicans have lost moderates in five of the last six elections. They lost moderates by 8,000,000 votes in 2012. The only time they have won in the past two decades while losing moderates was in 2004.

Moderates don't say "Hmm, if only we had a really right-wing Republican candidate rather than just a right-wing candidate, I'd vote for him. Therefore, I'm going to vote for the left-wing candidate." That's retarded. (And yes, maybe to the far right the GOP candidates look like moderates, but not to everyone else.)

A conservative can win the Presidency, but the idea that the conservative always wins is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in politics.

A fiscal conservative can win the Presidency.....a social conservative doesn't have a prayer

Problem is that conservatives insist on both

There are none

This is a false statement. If good true conservatives were not electable, there wouldn't be any at all.

The fact of the matter remains, run a RINO moderate for president, you lose because the conservative base stays home, and a republican can't win the white house without the conservative base vote. Now I know you leftist give it your all attempting to obscure that fact, and/or lie about it in hopes that people won't pay attention... well... seems that from the results of the midterms, people aren't listening to you people anymore. They know you all lie.

RW gets all his information for MSLSD. So...he is completely uninformed.

Conservatism wins...that is clear based on the past election. But the R establishment is not conservative and as such, will do all it can to prevent a conservative from winning the POTUS nomination. They work in common cause with the Ds and the lib MSM to prevent a conservative R POTUS.

A fiscal conservative can win the Presidency.....a social conservative doesn't have a prayer

So now you claim a conservative can win, when moments ago you said not possible.

You are terribly confused.

There are none

RW gets all his information for MSLSD. So...he is completely uninformed.

Conservatism wins...that is clear based on the past election. But the R establishment is not conservative and as such, will do all it can to prevent a conservative from winning the POTUS nomination. They work in common cause with the Ds and the lib MSM to prevent a conservative R POTUS.

Conservatives win in conservative pockets. Mainly rural, christian red states. They constitute about 33% of the vote with about 30% liberal and the rest moderate. The insistence of that 33% conservative base on strict adherence to conservative doctrine is what pushes most of that moderate vote to the left. Conservatives force Republican candidates to abandon the center which Democrats are more than happy to take

Jeb Bush GOP Nominee Should Be Willing to Lose the Primary to Win the General - NBC News

"I kinda know how a Republican can win, whether it's me or somebody else -- and it has to be much more uplifting, much more positive, much more wiling to be, 'lose the primary to win the general' without violating your principles. It's not an easy task, to be honest with you."
Bush also said the incoming GOP Congress needs "to actually show in an adult like way that we can govern. Lead."
Seib followed up to Bush's comments about the primary, asking: "Are the things that you need to do to win a Republican nomination contrary to the things you need to do to win a general election?"
Bush shot back: "Well, frankly, no one really knows that because it hasn't been tried recently."
It was a veiled shot at former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who tacked hard right on issues like immigration to get through the 2012 presidential primary
Will you explain this "the primary" thing?

There are multiple primaries, not "a" primary.

So now you claim a conservative can win, when moments ago you said not possible.

You are terribly confused.
Read what I posted, think for a minute, and then get back to me

Someone should point out that if the primary is lost, the loser never gets to the general election. Unless he thinks that his new pro Hispanic direction will be a bold move that will end up with him winning the primary. He should run with that one. It will be a good test as to whether or not a candidate can win without the base.
There is no "the" primary.

Is he talking about Iowa and losing "a" primary?

Jeb Bush doesn't stand a snow balls chance in hell of seeing the white house.

If the republican party thinks they have a shot at the presidency, they're going to have to run someone like Ted Cruz, or Rand Paul, or Scott Walker.

The country has Bush and Clinton fatigue.
Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are not even Cabinet material, much less Presidential material.

Jeb Bush GOP Nominee Should Be Willing to Lose the Primary to Win the General - NBC News

"I kinda know how a Republican can win, whether it's me or somebody else -- and it has to be much more uplifting, much more positive, much more wiling to be, 'lose the primary to win the general' without violating your principles. It's not an easy task, to be honest with you."
Bush also said the incoming GOP Congress needs "to actually show in an adult like way that we can govern. Lead."
Seib followed up to Bush's comments about the primary, asking: "Are the things that you need to do to win a Republican nomination contrary to the things you need to do to win a general election?"
Bush shot back: "Well, frankly, no one really knows that because it hasn't been tried recently."
It was a veiled shot at former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who tacked hard right on issues like immigration to get through the 2012 presidential primary

Wow another stupid bush. What is with george and barbara? Why did they raise such stupid children?

My question to the bush boy, if you lose the primary how are you going to be on the ballot in the general election? The person who wins the primary gets on the November ballot. Not the loser.

I sure hope that the gop doesn't nominate another bush. Our nation won't be able to withstand anther bush who destroys our economy and nation again.
Another idiot speaking of "the" primary.

Someone should point out that if the primary is lost, the loser never gets to the general election. Unless he thinks that his new pro Hispanic direction will be a bold move that will end up with him winning the primary. He should run with that one. It will be a good test as to whether or not a candidate can win without the base.
Candidates, both Republicans and Democrats will say whatever is necessary to win the primaries which means pandering to the base. Then when they get nominated, they have to soften the message and carefully reverse themselves on some issues to get support from independents and the opposition. That's just how the game is played. You can spot the losers by how deep the holes they dig for themselves in the primaries.
Congratulations.

You said "the primaries".

Forum List

Back