Jesus Isn’t As Peaceful As You Think

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
So much for the "prince of peace"

A few examples:

Matthew 10:34 — “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.”

John 15:6 — “If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.”

Luke 12:47 – “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows.”

Mark 14:3-7 — “While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head. for Some of those present were saying indignantly to one another, ‘Why this waste of perfume? 5It could have been sold for more than a year’s wages and the money given to the poor.’ And they rebuked her harshly. ‘Leave her alone,’ said Jesus. ‘Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me.The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me."

Last edited:
Of course Jesus is violent. What do you think, "coming back with a sword" was all about?

It wasn't a metaphor! He actually said that one night when he got chucked out from a pub.

Matthew 10:34 — “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.”
Jesus knew his followers would be met with violence.

Matthew 10
16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves.

But He still called for forgiveness.

Matthew 18
21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

Jesus knew his followers would be met with violence.

Matthew 10
16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves.

But He still called for forgiveness.

Matthew 18
21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.
Proof that the document is visionary :bow2:.....there's enough wolves around The Great Satan for a Grizzly Adams remake.Most of them wear yarmulkes and attain erectness when walking withing 50 feet of a bank or seeing someone with a camera and microphone.

Of COURSE Jesus is going to come back with a sword.

Look at what we did to Him the first time He showed up.

I mean..........if you visit some place and they kick the crap out of you, and you are told that you have to go back someday, wouldn't YOU want to have something to defend yourself with?

Eph 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

It is typical for people to try to make a case against the flesh and fully ignore the spirit.

So much for the "prince of peace"

A few examples:

John 15:6 — “If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.”

Luke 12:47 – “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows.”

Mark 14:3-7 — “While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head. for Some of those present were saying indignantly to one another, ‘Why this waste of perfume? 5It could have been sold for more than a year’s wages and the money given to the poor.’ And they rebuked her harshly. ‘Leave her alone,’ said Jesus. ‘Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me.The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me."

Jesus of Nazareth, Jesus Christ The Messiah meant and means for His followers to be strong and not weak. We Christians have always been aware of what He taught and teaches.

Jesus never meant His followers to allow themselves and ourselves get ramrodded by those with evil intent.

Of course Jesus is violent. What do you think, "coming back with a sword" was all about?

It wasn't a metaphor! He actually said that one night when he got chucked out from a pub.

Jesus did like guzzling the wine....gosh I wonder back then if they had Gin & Tonic....or Tequila....I bet Jesus was drunk once or twice :wink::wine:

Of COURSE Jesus is going to come back with a sword.

Look at what we did to Him the first time He showed up.

I mean..........if you visit some place and they kick the crap out of you, and you are told that you have to go back someday, wouldn't YOU want to have something to defend yourself with?
Im always hostile under those circumstances.

I don't know that JC is violent, but He was provoked to beat the shit out of the money changers when He saw them profaning God's house. I guess even JC had a breaking point.

Plus in the Infancy Gospel of Thomas, JC smokes a kid for stepping on His sneaks. Jesus could be a straight up OG at times.

Apocryphon of James- "become seekers for death, like the dead who seek for life; for that which they seek is revealed to them. And what is there to trouble them? As for you, when you examine death it will teach you election. Verily I say unto you, none of those who fear death will be saved; *for the kingdom of death belongs to those who put themselves to death*!"
So they want people to die for the cult in the same way David Koresh, Jim Jones, Applegate, all lead their followers to death=power of the devil says book of Revelation.

Matthew 10: 34-40.)“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace but a sword [an Aramaic idiom meaning division]. For I have come to set a man against his father and a daughter against her mother and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household. Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take up his cross and follow me [worship death as he did] is not worthy of me. He who is concerned about his life shall lose it; and he who loses his life for my sake shall find it. Whoever receives you, receives me; and whoever receives me receives him who sent me."
Thomas Verse 16 "Perhaps people think that I have come to bring peace to theworld. They do not know that I have come to bring conflict to the earth: fire, sword, war. For five people will be in a house: It will be three against two, and two against three, father against son, and son against father, and they will stand
2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Does this sound like a peaceful one to save the world or the Abbadon= (destroyer) to destroy the world?

Last edited:
I don't know that JC is violent, but He was provoked to beat the shit out of the money changers when He saw them profaning God's house. I guess even JC had a breaking point.

Plus in the Infancy Gospel of Thomas, JC smokes a kid for stepping on His sneaks. Jesus could be a straight up OG at times.

Yes I think at times Jesus might have given Tyson Fury a run for his money!

Prayer as weapon. I heard that on a Christian radio station this week.

Instead of attacking other ethnic groups...

Christianity is an "ethnic group" now? :wtf:
Sure.

ethnic = pertaining to or characteristic of a people, especially a group (ethnic group) sharing a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like.

You are correct, Christians are an ethnic group.
They're an ethnic group? Ethnically, Jesus was Jewish, so that makes all Christians ethnically Jewish!

Instead of attacking other ethnic groups...

Christianity is an "ethnic group" now? :wtf:
Sure.

ethnic = pertaining to or characteristic of a people, especially a group (ethnic group) sharing a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like.

You are correct, Christians are an ethnic group.
They're an ethnic group? Ethnically, Jesus was Jewish, so that makes all Christians ethnically Jewish!

Huh?

Forum List

Back