Jodi Arias Penalty

I just got off the phone with my grand son he is almost 3. He is sounding like a big boy. He can't wait for me to pick him up for the summer. I told him that after him and his sister get here we are going cat shopping. he got excited and told his mom that I was getting him a cat lol.

Morning peeps. I was reading about Patty dropping out. I really do not think that is fair that to testify you have to worry about all that stuff. That is not a fair trial. Even the guilty have a right to a fair trial.

I half agree. I think it takes whackos to threaten a witness with death or bodily harm, or to harass them. And no one should have to deal with that, it's plain WRONG. But can we be certain that was the cause? Or maybe there were a few other issues like cross-examination on her history. That is always pertinent in a case where jurors have to determine the reliability of the witness's testimony.

At any rate, I see Womack as a sympathetic character with personal problems.

I agree, but lets not forget this isn't the first time a witness has received death threats. Honestly, the fact that their personal problems become national news and are spread across the internet is a problem in itself in considering a fair trial IMO

People are :cuckoo::ahole-1: and they are basically giving a big:finger3: to our justice system.

Ps. I'm having too much fun with the icons. Do you think there will be court today with or will the mistrial hearing take all day. My sis is still sleeping so I was hoping to catch a bit before we head out. Going to the Zoo!

Mistrial on PENALTY, she's already convicted and this witness had nothing to do with that and everything to do with penalty.

??

No, but if there were a mistrial at this point, I would imagine a whole new panel of jurors would convene for the penalty phase. The defense knows that this jury does not like her.

Yes exactly. And don't kid yourselves there will be appeals and I expect her to at the very least ask for a new trial. I'm not saying she will get it but stranger things have happened.

Mistrial on PENALTY, she's already convicted and this witness had nothing to do with that and everything to do with penalty.

??

No, but if there were a mistrial at this point, I would imagine a whole new panel of jurors would convene for the penalty phase. The defense knows that this jury does not like her.

Yes exactly. And don't kid yourselves there will be appeals and I expect her to at the very least ask for a new trial. I'm not saying she will get it but stranger things have happened.

Hush your mouths! There's not going to be a mistrial at this point because of penalty witness. Judge Sherry will think of something, like "Motion DENIED"!

But this is a total leg to stand on for appeal or commuted sentence if she gets the needle.

I just got off the phone with my grand son he is almost 3. He is sounding like a big boy. He can't wait for me to pick him up for the summer. I told him that after him and his sister get here we are going cat shopping. he got excited and told his mom that I was getting him a cat lol.

Paula has some kittens looking for a new home...

??

She can ask for the moon too. Request denied.

Tink - I'm having serious issues with the emoticons, too, I can't keep my fingers off of them.

When was the motion for mistrial filed?

Are we delayed?

I don't know if you guys saw when I said this the other night or if it was after the move. I read that 66% of death penalty convictions are overturned or commuted on appeal. I found stuff to verify that one. But I also read its 80% in AZ whoever I can't find stuff to verify that one.

Ahoy !
Anyone not receiving e-mail notifications for thread replies...like i`m not?
I just checked it again and i`m all properly setup in 'options'. :dunno:

I am not getting the emails either.:eusa_think:

It could be that you have to post 50 times to get messaging privileges. If it does not work after that ask one of the administrators. I have never tried the email feature.

Morning peeps. I was reading about Patty dropping out. I really do not think that is fair that to testify you have to worry about all that stuff. That is not a fair trial. Even the guilty have a right to a fair trial.

I half agree. I think it takes whackos to threaten a witness with death or bodily harm, or to harass them. And no one should have to deal with that, it's plain WRONG. But can we be certain that was the cause? Or maybe there were a few other issues like cross-examination on her history. That is always pertinent in a case where jurors have to determine the reliability of the witness's testimony.

At any rate, I see Womack as a sympathetic character with personal problems.

I agree, but lets not forget this isn't the first time a witness has received death threats. Honestly, the fact that their personal problems become national news and are spread across the internet is a problem in itself in considering a fair trial IMO

People are :cuckoo::ahole-1: and they are basically giving a big:finger3: to our justice system.

Ps. I'm having too much fun with the icons. Do you think there will be court today with or will the mistrial hearing take all day. My sis is still sleeping so I was hoping to catch a bit before we head out. Going to the Zoo!

Your guess is as good as mine.

I have a hard time enjoying the zoo, unless the animals have some roaming space.

I don't know if you guys saw when I said this the other night or if it was after the move. I read that 66% of death penalty convictions are overturned or commuted on appeal. I found stuff to verify that one. But I also read its 80% in AZ whoever I can't find stuff to verify that one.

I don't want to get beaten up, but I'm not death penalty proponent for many reasons previously stated.

#pleasedon'tbeatmeup
#please

I don't want to get beaten up, but I'm not death penalty proponent for many reasons previously stated.

#pleasedon'tbeatmeup
#please

We already knew this about you.

no shock here.

Were those the cuties that she posted when they were brand new? Aww.

#pleasedon'tbeatmeup
#please

We already knew this about you.

no shock here.

Yes, but we're all newbies here.

I talked to Paula about that but she lives to far away. I would if I could. It would take me 2 days to get to her house lol.

#pleasedon'tbeatmeup
#please
You won't get beat up by me I agree with you actually I believe I have said so in the past.

Forum List

Back