Joe was bad, Trump was worse

So, I assume it must have been a repeat of 2020 (I didn't watch).

No, not at all. Trump was less coherent than 2020, and blithering about hundreds of thousands of people are dying at the Southern Border, and killing babies after they're born, and deporting millions, and how Biden has lost ALL of the black vote.

And Joe had a cold and barely spoke above a whisper making it hard to hear what he was saying. He seemed tense and nervous. And he didn't call out Trump's lies.

While the Cult is revelling in Joe's performance, or lack thereof, last night. Their candidate actually came of WORSE than Biden in answer to the questions that America has had about Trump.

The lies, the lunatic answers, and the inability to address policy - foreign or domestic, was on full display. And that FACE he makes! Angry downturned mouth. Chin defiantly stuck out, like an angry 4 year old. Denigrating the nation. Lying over and over about the stolen election. Refusing to say he'd accept the results of the election - again.

No sane person in America will vote for that.
Thank God you don’t get a vote. So, sit down and STFU.

Tater cratered.

They'll definitely be under pressure to, now. I don't know what the process would look like, but no doubt he'd have to agree. But his replacement would be..... ?
Who knows. Newsom is an entertainer like the orange bag O' shit. Apparently, US voters are so dumb and superficial we require that in our politics now. The country is in sad shape until we get rid of this populist nonsense. :rolleyes:

Who knows. Newsom is an entertainer like the orange bag O' shit. Apparently, US voters are so dumb and superficial we require that in our politics now. The country is in sad shape until we get rid of this populist nonsense. :rolleyes:
Sure, our culture is entirely image-driven, and that has fully seeped into our politics.

He's just too old. It was pretty much laid bare (maybe not a great choice of words) last night.

The country was watching him, not Trump.
He looked like he had a bad cold and it a mixture of panic and the stammer that cuaght him most..

I will agree he is no spring chicken and Trump was there for the taking...

Michelle Obama would have eaten Trump alive on stage last night, it would have been embarrassing...

Trump didn't win much new votes lst night eith, he was actually bad if just looked better than Biden... He failed to answer the simplest of questions and brought no substance to the debate, Biden might have looked bad and stumbled a lot but he was at least trying to talk about substance..

For Trump, I thought he did well

The format helped him to behave on stage and there were no outbursts. He seemed in control of himself and he seemed to enjoy having Biden on the ropes
The whole discussion on the debate reinforces what I have been saying, that the modern televised presidential debate has very little to do with substance and very much to do with appearances. I said that TRUMP! would win if all he did was look healthy and refrain from gratuitous insults and playground antics. Just let the cameras make the stark contrast between a hale, hearty looking older man and a frail, weak looking elderly man, and by and large that happened. My son actually made a good point. He said that the moderators having the ability to cut the mics worked for TRUMP! because it forced him to slow down and consider what he was going to say instead of just leaping in and ranting over top of his opponent. Should Joe survive to a second debate, I wonder if they'll insist on the same dead mics.

He looked like he had a bad cold and it a mixture of panic and the stammer that cuaght him most..

I will agree he is no spring chicken and Trump was there for the taking...

Michelle Obama would have eaten Trump alive on stage last night, it would have been embarrassing...

Trump didn't win much new votes lst night eith, he was actually bad if just looked better than Biden... He failed to answer the simplest of questions and brought no substance to the debate, Biden might have looked bad and stumbled a lot but he was at least trying to talk about substance..
You don't understand, the debates are not about substance and haven't been for decades. What "substance" do you remember from Reagan/Mondale? None, but you probably have heard of, "I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience,". What substance from Reagan/Carter? None, but you do remember, "There you go again". Lamely insisting that Joe did a good job because he WANTED to talk about substance doesn't mean Joe won the debate or even did a good job. A good debater doesn't let handicaps stand in the way of making his points, he makes the debate about what he wants to say, not the questions the moderators toss at him. That's another fallacy, that the moderators are actually in control, because the debaters are the ones answering, and a skilled debater can make the actual questions disappear.

They'll definitely be under pressure to, now. I don't know what the process would look like, but no doubt he'd have to agree. But his replacement would be..... ?
The only process is available if Joe steps aside. Then i am guessing it goes to the convention where he would direct his voters to vote for someone else. Would make good TV. Not sure he will step aside on one bad debate though. He should.

Forum List

Back