John Bolton Being Considered for Secretary of State

I would oppose Bolton being in his Administration. He's an old Bush Neocon Warmonger. Trump should pass on him.
Yeah but he plays hardball and likes sticking it to people. #1 and #2 on the list of qualifiers for being in the admin

I would oppose Bolton being in his Administration. He's an old Bush Neocon Warmonger. Trump should pass on him.
Yeah but he plays hardball and likes sticking it to people. #1 and #2 on the list of qualifiers for being in the admin

Trump needs to be very careful. He'll lose support quickly if he goes with a bunch of Neocon Warmonger Establishment-types. Bolton represents exactly what Trump opposed during the Bush era. He should definitely pass on him.

I'm surprised that Trump would consider anyone who was involved in the invasion of Iraq.

Really? Him supporting it wasnt a clue? Him saying he was bringing in outsiders and then bringing in the same old bunch wasnt a tip off?

I'll go easier: Trump never following through on anything he says wasnt a clue?

In addition, fierce infighting has erupted over some of the most important jobs in president-elect Trump’s administration -- particularly over Secretary of State. Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani has expressed strong interest in being the nation’s top diplomat. But other top figures in the transition had been backing John Bolton, a favorite of the neo-conservative wing of the Republican Party and a former United Nations ambassador under President George W. Bush.

Confirmation Fight

Bolton would likely face a tough confirmation fight in the Senate. Two other contenders have emerged in addition to Giuliani: former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage, who served under Colin Powell, and Henry Paulson, who was Treasury Secretary under Bush, according to one person familiar with the transition.​

Trump Transition Stalls as Kushner Said to Oust Christie Allies

I'm surprised that Trump would consider anyone who was involved in the invasion of Iraq.

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL NEWS, he's an amazing talent and would be perfect in the role - a no-nonsense guy who GETS THINGS DONE.

Been a big fan of his for a long time, couldn't find a more perfect candidate.

And what has John Bolton ever gotten done?

It appears that it's Giuliani.

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani is the leading candidate to be Mr. Trump’s nominee for secretary of state, people familiar with the matter said, a move that would elevate a well-known national figure to become the U.S.’s chief diplomat.

Mr. Trump’s aides have also considered former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton as a possible candidate, but the close relationship between Messrs. Giuliani and Trump was a major consideration, the people said.​

Intelligence Expert Mike Rogers Leaves Trump Transition Team Amid Shake-up

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bolton as an advisor.

Also, Ben Carson turned down the offer of Health Secretary. He's kind of whacky, but I like him personally.

It appears that it's Giuliani.

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani is the leading candidate to be Mr. Trump’s nominee for secretary of state, people familiar with the matter said, a move that would elevate a well-known national figure to become the U.S.’s chief diplomat.

Mr. Trump’s aides have also considered former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton as a possible candidate, but the close relationship between Messrs. Giuliani and Trump was a major consideration, the people said.​

Intelligence Expert Mike Rogers Leaves Trump Transition Team Amid Shake-up

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bolton as an advisor.

Also, Ben Carson turned down the offer of Health Secretary. He's kind of whacky, but I like him personally.
Bolton would fit in well as UN ambassador or US representative to NATO, both places where a no nonsense representative is needed to represent Trump's no nonsense positions.

It would be nice to have a few appointees who aren't pushing 100 years old. Get some people in there who weren't architects of the Iraq invasion that Trump rightfully called out as a mistake

Bolton would fit in well as UN ambassador or US representative to NATO, both places where a no nonsense representative is needed to represent Trump's no nonsense positions.

The glacial pace of UN deliberations would drive Bolton insane. He would get fed up and resign.

It would be nice to have a few appointees who aren't pushing 100 years old. Get some people in there who weren't architects of the Iraq invasion that Trump rightfully called out as a mistake

Why not get some people who were on the Apprentice…not the celebs but the actual business hopefuls? I think it prepares you for politics in a way that is both unique and applicable.

The glacial pace of UN deliberations would drive Bolton insane. He would get fed up and resign.
lol I think Bolton would have a stimulating effect on the UN.

Considering Bolton already was ambassador to the UN, I highly doubt a second time would be different

Why not get some people who were on the Apprentice…not the celebs but the actual business hopefuls? I think it prepares you for politics in a way that is both unique and applicable.
I think they have a pill for that.

Considering Bolton already was ambassador to the UN, I highly doubt a second time would be different
Sounds like he would therefore make a great SecState.

Better than Hillary (who botched Benghazi) or Lurch (who caved-in to Iran).

Forum List

Back