John Bolton Being Considered for Secretary of State

Fierce infighting? Pardon my skepticism, after the first billion slurs it kinda wears off. Bolton would be my first choice, he knows his stuff.
John Bolton is a War Hawk and would get us into foreign adventures aka "wars for no damned good reason".

Enough already; too many Americans have spilled their blood and sacrificed their sons on foreign soil in pursuit of neocon visions of Napoleonic glory.
Hopefully both Bolton and Giuliani are out. Both are Neocons of the highest order.

Thank goodness Mike Rogers was dumped. He is an extremist Neocon.

Fierce infighting? Pardon my skepticism, after the first billion slurs it kinda wears off. Bolton would be my first choice, he knows his stuff.
John Bolton is a War Hawk and would get us into foreign adventures aka "wars for no damned good reason".

Enough already; too many Americans have spilled their blood and sacrificed their sons on foreign soil in pursuit of neocon visions of Napoleonic glory.
Hopefully both Bolton and Giuliani are out. Both are Neocons of the highest order.

I think those two have the most impressive resumes for their respective possible jobs...Bolton, SoS...Giuliani. DOJ.

I think those two have the most impressive resumes for their respective possible jobs...Bolton, SoS...Giuliani. DOJ.
Not to mention picking two establishment insiders for high profile cabinet positions REALLY reinforces Donald Trumps anti-establishment, anti-insider "drain the swamp" message. While he's at it, why not just appoint Dick Cheney as his White House Ethics Czar. :rolleyes:

Bolton is a neocon. He has advocated for more military intervention. He thinks the Iraq War was a good thing. We don't need idiots like that for SOS.

Giuliani is being considered for SOS not for Attorney General. Bad move in my opinion.

Bolton is a neocon. He has advocated for more military intervention. He thinks the Iraq War was a good thing. We don't need idiots like that for SOS.

Giuliani is being considered for SOS not for Attorney General. Bad move in my opinion.
I am just saying he would make a better DOJ head.

The Senate won't confirm Bolton for SOS.

That Trump is even considering a super-neocon like Bolton either proves that he was lying all along about his opposition to the Iraq war,

or that he is simply clueless.

Granny says, "Dat's right - he's a smart man - dat's why he'd make a good Sec. of State...

John Bolton: Odds of U.S. pre-emptive strike against North Korea are 'zero'
Nov. 17, 2016 - The former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations said the consequences would be too costly for South Korea.
A former U.S. official being considered by President-elect Donald Trump's transition team for the secretary of state position said there's zero likelihood the incoming administration would launch a pre-emptive strike against North Korea in response to a provocation. Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton said a pre-emptive strike would be undesirable because of the costs it would bear on South Korea, Yonhap reported. Bolton made the statement during a meeting with a delegation of South Korean lawmakers who are in New York and Washington, D.C., this week to meet with senior U.S. officials who are poised to be key influences in the Trump administration.

According to the lawmakers, Bolton said he had visited Seoul and the Korean demilitarized zone many times and know well the consequences of military action in the country. But Bolton also said North Korea's nuclear and missile threats are emerging as the most troublesome issue for U.S. foreign policy and readiness is key, according to the report. There are 28,500 U.S. troops stationed in South Korea, and their presence has been maintained by a bilateral burden-sharing agreement between Seoul and Washington.

John-Bolton-Odds-of-US-pre-emptive-strike-against-North-Korea-are-zero.jpg

In the days following Trump's victory, some analysts have suggested the president-elect would look to increase South Korea's share of costs in retaining U.S. troops. But a report from conservative think tank Heritage Foundation published Wednesday stated Seoul already "provides substantial resources to defray the costs of U.S. Forces" in Korea. "It provides some $900 million annually in either direct funding or in-kind support, covering cost-sharing for labor, logistics and improvements in facilities," the report says.

The report also estimates North Korea retains about eight nuclear weapons, a fraction of the total number, which it estimated at 3,582 worldwide. Trump has said little about North Korea in the course of his campaign, but South Korean analyst Nam Sung-wook said Thursday the president-elect might take a new approach that could include offering a peace treaty on the condition of a nuclear freeze, Yonhap reported.

John Bolton: Odds of U.S. pre-emptive strike against North Korea are 'zero'

Forum List

Back