John Kelly calls Robert E. Lee an "honorable man"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are judging Lee by the standards of today he's not if you are judging him by the standards of the time he lived in he is. Trying to judge people who lived 150 to 200 years ago by todays standards is pretty dumb.

Except it wasn't the standard of the day. There were moral minded white men who were abolishionists and opposed to slavery.
There was a war fought because of it. Lee chose poorly.

Lee chose to join the pro-slavery side. He could have stayed out of it, but he chose to fight to preserve slavery. So he is complicit in the deaths of 620,000 people.

He has ZERO honor. He is a traitor. A disgrace. A mass murdering thug.

"Yeahbut his uniform was spotless!"
Utter horseshit. Lincoln is the only person ruly responsible for all the death and carnage of the Civil War. He is the only one who had the power to make it happen.

If you are judging Lee by the standards of today he's not if you are judging him by the standards of the time he lived in he is. Trying to judge people who lived 150 to 200 years ago by todays standards is pretty dumb.

Except it wasn't the standard of the day. There were moral minded white men who were abolishionists and opposed to slavery.
Abolitionists were about 1% of the population. Most Northerners were what you would call white supremacists, including Lincoln. They didn't go to war to end slavery, but only to impose crushing tariffs on the South.

Nice to see John Kelly thinks like normal Americans...he would make a fine President

He was caught red handed lying about the Congresswoman. Has he issued an apology yet?

He spoke the truth....I never believed anything that rotten banana said

Well he is serving in absolutely the most dishonorable administration ever. So he fits like a glove.
So that justifies insulting a goldstar father?
Just because he is a Gold Star father does not shield him from criticism. He does not get a free ride for protecting a huckster.

Now back up your claim. Tell us what pack of lies Khan said.

Nice to see John Kelly thinks like normal Americans...he would make a fine President

He was caught red handed lying about the Congresswoman. Has he issued an apology yet?

Well he is serving in absolutely the most dishonorable administration ever. So he fits like a glove.
Just because he is a Gold Star father does not shield him from criticism. He does not get a free ride for protecting a huckster.

Now back up your claim. Tell us what pack of lies Khan said.
Criticism for what?

-Geaux

If you read American history, then you would know John Kelly was right. Robert E Lee was an honorable man. Try reading.
Try reading.

Good advice.

ROBERT E. LEE.
HIS BRUTALITY TO HIS SLAVES.

It has frequently been represented by the friends and admirers of Robert E. Lee, late an officer in the rebel army, that, although a slaveholder, his treatment of his chattels was invariably kind and humane. The subjoined statement, taken from the lips of one of his former slaves, indicates the real character of the man:

My name is Wesley Norris; I was born a slave on the plantation of George Parke Custis; after the death of Mr. Custis, Gen. Lee, who had been made executor of the estate, assumed control of the slaves, in number about seventy; it was the general impression among the slaves of Mr. Custis that on his death they should be forever free; in fact this statement had been made to them by Mr. C. years before; at his death we were informed by Gen. Lee that by the conditions of the will we must remain slaves for five years; I remained with Gen. Lee for about seventeen months, when my sister Mary, a cousin of ours, and I determined to run away, which we did in the year 1859; we had already reached Westminster, in Maryland, on our way to the North, when we were apprehended and thrown into prison, and Gen. Lee notified of our arrest; we remained in prison fifteen days, when we were sent back to Arlington; we were immediately taken before Gen. Lee, who demanded the reason why we ran away; we frankly told him that we considered ourselves free; he then told us he would teach us a lesson we never would forget; he then ordered us to the barn, where, in his presence, we were tied firmly to posts by a Mr. Gwin, our overseer, who was ordered by Gen. Lee to strip us to the waist and give us fifty lashes each, excepting my sister, who received but twenty; we were accordingly stripped to the skin by the overseer, who, however, had sufficient humanity to decline whipping us; accordingly Dick Williams, a county constable, was called in, who gave us the number of lashes ordered; Gen. Lee, in the meantime, stood by, and frequently enjoined Williams to lay it on well, an injunction which he did not fail to heed; not satisfied with simply lacerating our naked flesh, Gen. Lee then ordered the overseer to thoroughly wash our backs with brine, which was done. After this my cousin and myself were sent to Hanover Court-House jail, my sister being sent to Richmond to an agent to be hired; we remained in jail about a week, when we were sent to Nelson county, where we were hired out by Gen. Lee’s agent to work on the Orange and Alexander railroad; we remained thus employed for about seven months, and were then sent to Alabama, and put to work on what is known as the Northeastern railroad; in January, 1863, we were sent to Richmond, from which place I finally made my escape through the rebel lines to freedom; I have nothing further to say; what I have stated is true in every particular, and I can at any time bring at least a dozen witnesses, both white and black, to substantiate my statements: I am at present employed by the Government; and am at work in the National Cemetary on Arlington Heights, where I can be found by those who desire further particulars; my sister referred to is at present employed by the French Minister at Washington, and will confirm my statement.

Abolitionists were about 1% of the population. Most Northerners were what you would call white supremacists, including Lincoln. They didn't go to war to end slavery, but only to impose crushing tariffs on the South.
Bullshit.

Your head is just chock full of bullshit.

If your bullshit was true, we would not have a 13th or 14th Amendment.

He has no honor as long as he insist on not apologizing for blatantly lying. But I guess that's what it takes to serve in the "Because I'm a Star I can grab women by the pussy" administration.

General Kelly had a choice between working for a huckster or not working for a huckster.

He chose to work for, and protect, the huckster.

He deserves every bit of criticism which comes his way for making that choice.

First, you were challenged to specify the lies you claim Khan told, and have failed to do so. Second, no one said it was not permitted to attack a Goldstar Parent or Wife. The complaints were that the Khan's were being unjustifiably attacked. Much like you are doing. You are calling them prolific liars, yet when challenged have not been able to prove your bullshyt.

Yes, all you douchebag snowflakes said in unison that Trump wasn't allowed to raise the slightest criticism of Khan. You didn't care if it was justified. Douchebags like you called Trump a pig for even daring to question anything Khan said or did. Now you're attacking Kelly right and left. Just admit that you're a two-faced lying douche bag.

Two faced ? You righties claim to be pro troop but never are . If they get in your way you tear them up.

Khans , John Kerry, McCain, that war widow from last week .

So what did the Khans lie about ? You haven’t mentioned one specific .

Kelly is a four star general. How are you douchebags treating him?

You're only for "troops" who lie about Republicans. Being in the service doesn't mean you aren't a douche bag, as John McCain has to ably demonstrated.

We’ve seen many times that being a General probably means you are more likely to be a douche . FLYNN, Kelly , Patereus.

Those guys live like kings and don’t think their shit stinks .

Thanks for admitting you hate the military. However, we already knew that.
Everyone who has served on active duty knows that officers are some of the most political backstabbing animals in the world.

Another thing, retard. Some generals actually are douches. Calling out a douche for being a douche doesn't mean one hates the military.

Funny how so many liberalfilth snowflakes get soooo triggered simply because I repeated what plenty of Union soldiers wrote about Robert E. Lee 150 goddamned YEARS ago - they said he was a true Southern gentleman, in spite of the Civil War. They're the ones who said it, so why get mad at me for it?
The snowflakes like to think that Union Soldiers thought like they think. Nothing could be further from the truth. Union soldiers were white supremacists. They believed the black man was an inferior species. They disliked slavery only because they didn't want to compete with slave labor. They would have been perfecly happy to ship all black people back to Africa.

That's true. It was endemic. It had to be. Can't justify keeping an entire race in slavery in perpetuity without it.

The lib bots are still trying to make General Robert E. Lee into something less than an honorable gentleman, and still failing.
Let's all remember this post the next time you schizos try to claim Confederates are racist Democrats.

He has no honor as long as he insist on not apologizing for blatantly lying. But I guess that's what it takes to serve in the "Because I'm a Star I can grab women by the pussy" administration.
Kelly is unfit (morally or professsionally) for issueing any statement on a political issue. His mistake was weighing in after the widiow politicized Trump politicizing which president best honored survivors of dead soldiers and marines. The dead marines thing hit home, but he fucked up in that his credibility was shot the minute he became a Trump surrogate.

Funny how so many liberalfilth snowflakes get soooo triggered simply because I repeated what plenty of Union soldiers wrote about Robert E. Lee 150 goddamned YEARS ago - they said he was a true Southern gentleman, in spite of the Civil War. They're the ones who said it, so why get mad at me for it?
The snowflakes like to think that Union Soldiers thought like they think. Nothing could be further from the truth. Union soldiers were white supremacists. They believed the black man was an inferior species. They disliked slavery only because they didn't want to compete with slave labor. They would have been perfecly happy to ship all black people back to Africa.

That's true. It was endemic. It had to be. Can't justify keeping an entire race in slavery in perpetuity without it.
Oh, imo many in the North beleived just that, and we sure didn't want them all to stay down here. THAT is actually the explanation why the blacks did not assimilate fully as did other groups. Eventually people got over the Germans, Eyetalians and even the focking Micks .... but even Trump won't rent to a black.

No, it isn't true.

The truth is that Southerners detested manual labor. They confounded hard work with "n*gger work". They were lazy and stupid and backward.

The North was not afraid of hard work. They were much more industrious as a result.

Tocqueville: Book I Chapter 18

Time, however, continued to advance, and the Anglo-Americans, spreading beyond the coasts of the Atlantic Ocean, penetrated farther and farther into the solitudes of the West. They met there with a new soil and an unwonted climate; they had to overcome obstacles of the most various character; their races intermingled, the inhabitants of the South going up towards the North, those of the North descending to the South. But in the midst of all these causes the same result occurred at every step; in general, the colonies in which there were no slaves became more populous and more prosperous than those in which slavery flourished. The farther they went, the more was it shown that slavery, which is so cruel to the slave, is prejudicial to the master.

But this truth was most satisfactorily demonstrated when civilization reached the banks of the Ohio. The stream that the Indians had distinguished by the name of Ohio, or the Beautiful River, waters one of the most magnificent valleys which have ever been made the abode of man. Undulating lands extend upon both shores of the Ohio, whose soil affords inexhaustible treasures to the laborer; on either bank the air is equally wholesome and the climate mild, and each of them forms the extreme frontier of a vast state: that which follows the numerous windings of the Ohio upon the left is called Kentucky; that upon the right bears the name of the river. These two states differ only in a single respect: Kentucky has admitted slavery, but the state of Ohio has prohibited the existence of slaves within its borders. Thus the traveler who floats down the current of the Ohio to the spot where that river falls into the Mississippi may be said to sail between liberty and servitude; and a transient inspection of surrounding objects will convince him which of the two is more favorable to humanity.

Upon the left bank of the stream the population is sparse; from time to time one descries a troop of slaves loitering in the half-desert fields; the primeval forest reappears at every turn; society seems to be asleep, man to be idle, and nature alone offers a scene of activity and life.

From the right bank, on the contrary, a confused hum is heard, which proclaims afar the presence of industry; the fields are covered with abundant harvests; the elegance of the dwellings announces the taste and activity of the laborers; and man appears to be in the enjoyment of that wealth and contentment which is the reward of labor.

The state of Kentucky was founded in 1775, the state of Ohio only twelve years later; but twelve years are more in America than half a century in Europe; and at the present day the population of Ohio exceeds that of Kentucky by two hundred and fifty thousand souls. These different effects of slavery and freedom may readily be understood; and they suffice to explain many of the differences which we notice between the civilization of antiquity and that of our own time.

Upon the left bank of the Ohio labor is confounded with the idea of slavery, while upon the right bank it is identifies with that of prosperity and improvement; on the one side it is degraded, on the other it is honored. On the former territory no white laborers can be found, for they would be afraid of assimilating themselves to the Negroes; all the work is done by slaves; on the latter no one is idle, for the white population extend their activity and intelligence to every kind of employment. Thus the men whose task it is to cultivate the rich soil of Kentucky are ignorant and apathetic, while those who are active and enlightened either do nothing or pass over into Ohio, where they may work without shame.

It is true that in Kentucky the planters are not obliged to pay the slaves whom they employ, but they derive small profits from their labor, while the wages paid to free workmen would be returned with interest in the value of their services. The free workman is paid, but he does his work quicker than the slave; and rapidity of execution is one of the great elements of economy. The white sells his services, but they are purchased only when they may be useful; the black can claim no remuneration for his toil, but the expense of his maintenance is perpetual; he must be supported in his old age as well as in manhood, in his profitless infancy as well as in the productive years of youth, in sickness as well as in health. Payment must equally be made in order to obtain the services of either class of men: the free workman receives his wages in money; the slave in education, in food, in care, and in clothing. The money which a master spends in the maintenance of his slaves goes gradually and in detail, so that it is scarcely perceived; the salary of the free workman is paid in a round sum and appears to enrich only him who receives it; but in the end the slave has cost more than the free servant, and his labor is less productive.38

The influence of slavery extends still further: it affects the character of the master and imparts a peculiar tendency to his ideas and tastes. Upon both banks of the Ohio the character of the inhabitants is enterprising and energetic, but this vigor is very differently exercised in the two states. The white inhabitant of Ohio, obliged to subsist by his own exertions, regards temporal prosperity as the chief aim of his existence; and as the country which he occupies presents inexhaustible resources to his industry, and ever varying lures to his activity, his acquisitive ardor surpasses the ordinary limits of human cupidity: he is tormented by the desire of wealth, and he boldly enters upon every path that fortune opens to him; he becomes a sailor, a pioneer, an artisan, or a cultivator with the same indifference, and supports with equal constancy the fatigues and the dangers incidental to these various professions; the resources of his intelligence are astonishing, and his avidity in the pursuit of gain amounts to a species of heroism.

But the Kentuckian scorns not only labor but all the undertakings that labor promotes; as he lives in an idle independence, his tastes are those of an idle man; money has lost a portion of its value in his eyes; he covets wealth much less than pleasure and excitement; and the energy which his neighbor devotes to gain turns with him to a passionate love of field sports and military exercises; he delights in violent bodily exertion, he is familiar with the use of arms, and is accustomed from a very early age to expose his life in single combat. Thus slavery prevents the whites not only from becoming opulent, but even from desiring to become so.

Last edited:
Yes, all you douchebag snowflakes said in unison that Trump wasn't allowed to raise the slightest criticism of Khan. You didn't care if it was justified. Douchebags like you called Trump a pig for even daring to question anything Khan said or did. Now you're attacking Kelly right and left. Just admit that you're a two-faced lying douche bag.

Two faced ? You righties claim to be pro troop but never are . If they get in your way you tear them up.

You're only for "troops" who lie about Republicans. Being in the service doesn't mean you aren't a douche bag, as John McCain has to ably demonstrated.

We’ve seen many times that being a General probably means you are more likely to be a douche . FLYNN, Kelly , Patereus.

Everyone who has served on active duty knows that officers are some of the most political backstabbing animals in the world.

Another thing, retard. Some generals actually are douches. Calling out a douche for being a douche doesn't mean one hates the military.

Some "goldstar fathers" are douche bags. Take Khzir Khan, for example.

Some "goldstar fathers" are douche bags. Take Khzir Khan, for example.
We're still waiting for you to back up your claim that he told a pack of lies.

You are a dishonorable liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back