Zone1 Jon Stewart questions the transgender protections in Arkansas

For those wanting this to be a decision between parent, child, and doctor, what if they disagree? In other words, if a child tells a school counselor that he or she wants hormones and surgery to change their gender, but the parent opposes it due to the high suicide rate among people who have had such treatment (or any other reason) and the child's doctor doesn't believe that the child's mental and emotional development is sufficient to make such a decision, that is the end of it?

Or should the school counselor be allowed to collaborate with CPS to force the parents to consent?

These are the things that should be between the child, the parents and their doctor, not determined by politicians.

Am I the only one who sees the irony of politicians making parental rights the cornerstone of their political platform limiting to only politically approved rights?

of course someone is going to scream about mutilating a child’s genitals despite the fact that that sort of surgery is not done on children.
if I as cynical I ould point out the absurdity of denying teenagers healthcare whilst allowing 16 year old girls to get married.

Strangely parental consent is needed for one but denied for the other.

Its just about authoritarian control and ba Dishonesnning stuff you dont like.Dishonest and cowardly.

if I as cynical I ould point out the absurdity of denying teenagers healthcare whilst allowing 16 year old girls to get married.

Strangely parental consent is needed for one but denied for the other.

Its just about authoritarian control and ba Dishonesnning stuff you dont like.Dishonest and cowardly.

Getting married isn't the same as taking drugs to neuter oneself or chopping off breasts, or removing the uterus/twig and berries.

Yet you must see the inconsistency here. The law should be consistent, it isnt a pick n mix

What consistency? We make laws for minors all the damn time, and right now for some reason it's easier in some States for a minor to get an abortion or take a puberty blocker without a parent's permission than get an aspirin.

It goes to show just how mentally- and morally fucked-up you are, that you would try to characterize severe sexual abuse and mutilation of minors as “health care”.

What consistency? We make laws for minors all the damn time, and right now for some reason it's easier in some States for a minor to get an abortion or take a puberty blocker without a parent's permission than get an aspirin.
The consistency comes when you decide at what age kids become capable of making health decisions for themselves.
Personally I dont ant to see kids getting chopped up or making lifelong decisions until they are ready.
But you are not offering me anything to back that up. You are just saying no and that falls way short.Where is the thinking,where is the science ?

The consistency comes when you decide at what age kids become capable of making health decisions for themselves.
Personally I dont ant to see kids getting chopped up or making lifelong decisions until they are ready.
But you are not offering me anything to back that up. You are just saying no and that falls way short.Where is the thinking,where is the science ?

We draw the line at 18 and 21 (more and more so 21 in this country) so those are starting points.

Anything below 18 is child abuse.

Girls can get married at 16 in Arkansas.
Children in the US CANNOT marry legally before age 18 in ANY state WITHOUT parental consent. The whole point of your OP has been your opposition to parental consent for gender reassignment surgery. As for your calls for consistency in law--why don't you practice consistency in your OP.

Children in the US CANNOT marry legally before age 18 in ANY state WITHOUT parental consent. The whole point of your OP has been your opposition to parental consent for gender reassignment surgery. As for your calls for consistency in law--why don't you practice consistency in your OP.
You misunderstand the OP. My argument has been the opposite of what you state. Arkansas should not intervene in the decision between the child,parents and doctors. Perhaps you agree with that ?

With parent's permission on both sides.

Considering kids can have kids at 12-13 I think that is the bigger issue to deal with.
So parents can marry off thir kids but the state can deny them healthcare.
You are all over the place on this.
Perhaps you should draw up a list of stuff that parents can do ?

You know, there is a simple diagnostic people can use here if they are at all self-aware and reasonably honest.

All they have to do is ask themselves if they supported all this crap 10 years ago.

That this entire fad has been foisted upon our culture in SUCH short time should alarm any thinking person, who would then ask why. As we can see, though, the need to virtue signal outweighs all other considerations for those who do not actually think at all, but merely react in the ways they have been programmed to react.

So parents can marry off thir kids but the state can deny them healthcare.
You are all over the place on this.
Perhaps you should draw up a list of stuff that parents can do ?

We aren't talking treating a cold, we are talking medicating and operating on kids because they think they are the wrong gender.

Forum List

Back