Judge Approves Trump's 'Special Master' Request

If President Trump declassified any and all classified information being reviewed one day (or over a period of days) then the papers are no longer classified.

That is one big IF

Thus, we proceed to only discuss the question of which documents/papers were properly of the US Government (PRA) versus which documents and papers were the President’s own papers. That was under negotiation until suddenly and for no particularly honest legal reason, the FBI and DOJ suddenly tried to convert the dispute into something potentially criminal.

Perhaps one side was no longer negotiating in good faith/honestly and was instead just stalling.

C. There is no evidence (none whatsofuckingever) that Trump “took” the property at all … because they were packed by GSA.

There is no evidence of this. If the GSA did it the boxes would be number 1 or XX, 2 of XX, and so forth and there would be a inventory of every single thing they put into a box.

Bottom line: there is no valid case against Trump at all. To paraphrase old man Mueller, “no reasonable prosecutor would ever lodge charges against the former President.”

Far too soon and far too little known information to make this judgement in a rational manner.

No other president has taken what Trump took, not even close.

Clintons Began Taking White House Property a Year Ago​

L.A. TIMES ARCHIVES
FEB. 10, 2001 12 AM PT
FROM THE WASHINGTON POST
WASHINGTON —
President Clinton and his wife started shipping White House furniture to the Clintons’ newly purchased home in New York more than a year ago, despite questions at the time by the White House chief usher about whether they were entitled to remove the items.
The day before the items were shipped out, chief usher Gary Walters said he questioned whether the Clintons should be taking the furnishings because he believed they were government property donated as part of a White House redecoration project in 1993, during Clinton’s first year in office.
But Walters was told by the White House counsel’s office that the items he asked about--which included an iron-and-glass coffee table, a painted TV armoire, a custom wood gaming table and a wicker table with wood top--were “personal gifts received by the Clintons prior to President Clinton assuming office.”
Personal property brought to the White House by an incoming president does not have to be disclosed on financial reports. As a result of the counsel’s determination, the furnishings were sent on to the Clinton’s new home in Chappaqua, N.Y.
However, government records show that the gifts that concerned Walters did not arrive at the White House until after the Clintons moved in. At least one of these items, a Ficks-Reed wicker table, was logged in at the White House on Feb. 8, 1993. The widow of the manufacturer, Joy Ficks, said last week that it was meant for the White House, not the Clintons.

That is one big IF
Not at all. It’s a given, in fact.
Perhaps one side was no longer negotiating in good faith/honestly and was instead just stalling.
I wouldn’t put anything past the Brandon Administration..
There is no evidence of this. If the GSA did it the boxes would be number 1 or XX, 2 of XX, and so forth and there would be a inventory of every single thing they put into a box.
Yes. There is evidence of this.
Far too soon and far too little known information to make this judgement in a rational manner.
Nonsense.

Even Billy the Bagman thinks Cannon is full of shit.

Barr Dismisses Trump’s Request for a Special Master​

WASHINGTON — Former Attorney General William P. Barr dismissed former President Donald J. Trump’s call for an independent review of materials seized from his Florida home on Friday — and said an inventory of items recovered in the search last month seemed to support the Justice Department’s claim that it was needed to safeguard national security.
“As more information comes out, the actions of the department look more understandable,” Mr. Barr told The New York Times in a phone interview, speaking of the decision by the current attorney general, Merrick B. Garland, to seek a search warrant of the complex at Mar-a-Lago.
“It seems to me they were driven by concern about highly sensitive information being strewn all over a country club, and it was taking them almost two years to get it back,” said Mr. Barr, who resigned in December 2020, as Mr. Trump pushed him to support false claims that the election had been stolen.

“It appears that there’s been a lot of jerking around of the government,” he added. “I’m not sure the department could have gotten it back without taking action.”

No that’s a hyperbolic feeling laced with TDS

its your hyperbolic emotion as opposed to fact and laced with typical name calling
Name calling? The FBI is not concerned. In typical trump fashion....he is trying to run out the clock on his crimes.

That phrase is self-contradictory, not that I would expect an idiot such as yourself to realize.
So the folders were empty when the FBI seized them but they got a mind reader to state that the folders weren't empty prior to the raid.
How fucking stupid are you?
Profoundly retarded.

Thank for actually answering a question that I've been asking for a while.

if the times claimed that the president can inadvertently declassify information, I don't blame the court for ruling that way. But if Trump says he declassified documents, that was not inadvertent. If Trump decided the procedure at the time was to verbally declare them declassified, then that fall within his purview as sole authority over what is and is not classified.

The New York Times cannot claim that the president declassified documents if they have no proof. The president himself needs no proof because he was the declassification authority, so the burden falls on his hounders to prove otherwise.
Actually Trumps "standing order" falls squarely under "inadvertent" declassification. Since by Trumps own admissions, he didn't know what he was declassifying, at the time he declassified them.

That is one big IF

Even Barr said the FBI had no choice. Trump and his gang of thieves have been lying about the documents for months.

Even Billy the Bagman thinks Cannon is full of shit.

Barr Dismisses Trump’s Request for a Special Master​

WASHINGTON — Former Attorney General William P. Barr dismissed former President Donald J. Trump’s call for an independent review of materials seized from his Florida home on Friday — and said an inventory of items recovered in the search last month seemed to support the Justice Department’s claim that it was needed to safeguard national security.
“As more information comes out, the actions of the department look more understandable,” Mr. Barr told The New York Times in a phone interview, speaking of the decision by the current attorney general, Merrick B. Garland, to seek a search warrant of the complex at Mar-a-Lago.
“It seems to me they were driven by concern about highly sensitive information being strewn all over a country club, and it was taking them almost two years to get it back,” said Mr. Barr, who resigned in December 2020, as Mr. Trump pushed him to support false claims that the election had been stolen.

“It appears that there’s been a lot of jerking around of the government,” he added. “I’m not sure the department could have gotten it back without taking action.”

A judge disagrees with Barr. Lol!

The 2nd circuit said that the president can't inadvertently declassify.
It has to be intentional, and followed through to actual declassification, before it's declassified.

Actually Trumps "standing order" falls squarely under "inadvertent" declassification. Since by Trumps own admissions, he didn't know what he was declassifying, at the time he declassified them.
I don't remember Trump admitting that he didn't know what he was declassifying. He said he declassified what he took out of the White House. It wasn't inadvertent. He wanted to take classified documents out of the white house so he declassified them. That sounds pretty deliberate to me.

If that looks like a "cover your ass" move, it is. But his ass is covered, which is why the FBI will let this one die. It joins a long line of "we got hims."

Nope, all we have is the word of the person that would be in trouble if he did not say so.

:linky:

Not at all. We know about 10% at most of the information that the Govt used for their warrant. We know even less than that what was taken from the house.
The FBI says they are not concerned about the special master. It will not prevent them from making charges...just slow the investigation. Which is what Trump does.

Nope, all we have is the word of the person that would be in trouble if he did not say so.

:linky:

Not at all. We know about 10% at most of the information that the Govt used for their warrant. We know even less than that what was taken from the house.
I see how you operate. You make your asshole assertions without any support but when bullshit gets called on you, then suddenly you require links.

Now, typically, the way you guys operate is to make a blanket claim like “no evidence.” You get shown that your claim is false. Then of course you will not concede that there is “some” evidence, you will simply change the rules. Now you will attack the messenger. But I’ll call bullshit on you in advance.

Your claim was “no evidence.” Yes. There is evidence. But, go ahead. i will pretend to be surprised by your next equivocation.

I don't remember Trump admitting that he didn't know what he was declassifying. He said he declassified what he took out of the White House. It wasn't inadvertent. He wanted to take classified documents out of the white house so he declassified them. That sounds pretty deliberate to me.
He did. But of course he has been haphazardly throwing out statements, so you missed it by not putting them all together.
1) Trump said he declassified documents the moment he removed them from the oval office to the residence.
2) Trump and others said that Trump would take documents back to the residence, a form of "homework" in preparation for the following day.
3) Trump said he has the best memory, that he doesn't have to be given a PDB that rehashes information from a previous PDB.

From this, the "homework" Trump took to the residence, were documents he hadn't already committed to his excellent memory.

I see how you operate. You make your asshole assertions without any support but when bullshit gets called on you, then suddenly you require links.

Now, typically, the way you guys operate is to make a blanket claim like “no evidence.” You get shown that your claim is false. Then of course you will not concede that there is “some” evidence, you will simply change the rules. Now you will attack the messenger. But I’ll call bullshit on you in advance.

Your claim was “no evidence.” Yes. There is evidence. But, go ahead. i will pretend to be surprised by your next equivocation.

Well shit, why did you not tell me there was such concrete evidence.

“A person very close to Donald Trump tells me it’s indeed true what’s being bandied about Twitter

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Oh, because that is not evidence at all!

You are so much fun!

The issue of EP is settled law. It is within the purview of the sitting prez to established what is permitted to be protected under executive privilege.

Forum List

Back